Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2009, 5:29 pm 

[ Can't anyone just post.. I'm going insane.. all RPGs are dead! :'( ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2009, 9:19 pm 
Maia
Maia

(*cries sadly for teh Rp* Out of all the fun rps I have been in, why did it have to be this one?!?! *bumpeth*)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2009, 5:52 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(And, lo and behold, the RP isn’t dead. No. It was just sleeping!

Anyway, I decided that the only way to non-confusingly reply to this was to… ignore Ara’s post where she took on my charries and hers. :blush: I hope you don’t mind, Ara… really…. It pains me to do it.)

The longer he stood there gazing out the window, the more James wished he had a pint of hard rum there. Or some such drink. That was what a man needed in a place like this. Something that would help him lose his sanity right and proper-like instead of slowly losing it for real in this place. But he had been there, he had been a drunkard and never again did he want to go back to that place. But how could they eat here and prolong existence? Though, of course, in this place you couldn’t die anyway. Though you could feel hunger obviously. It made no sense at all. But he would do it all again if he had to, he admitted to himself. He would die for her again. Elizabeth, he mouthed though he couldn’t speak her name out loud. Not in this place. Not to these people.

--------------------------------

Cole let Richard take control and stood back waiting for whoever it was to speak. What a strange land this was! He had never seen a fog quite like this. He squinted, trying anything to see through it better but it was to no avail.

-------------------------------

Keeping caution key, Cutler eyed the misty forms of two people a little ways off. Or was it one? The other one seemed farther back and was harder to make out. “Who are you?” he asked, ignoring the other person’s questions. No matter what happened he was still Lord Beckett. And these people were still, no doubt, lowly nobodies. Unfortunately, Beckett was forgetting the fact that in the Locker all were equal.

-------------------------------

Will eyed Keyara, pondering over the desperate tone in her voice. Of course he felt cruel denying her one last visit with her loved one. But that loved one was Beckett! How strange! Even still, if he was in her shoes he would want to see Elizabeth. He did want to see Elizabeth. “No,” he finally sighed. “You aren’t one of us so we can’t use your services.” it was the honest truth, but despite himself Will felt a pang of guilt. Would it really be that terrible to take her to the shore? From there she could make her way. It wasn’t exactly out of their way. And she sounded so desperate. He wouldn’t have a cold and callus heart like Jones had had. That had cost his predecessor everything. His happiness, his love, and ultimately his life. He looked into Keyara’s eyes and sighed, “alright, I’ll take you close enough to shore so you can swim or row in. From there you’re on your own. Trust me though the Locker isn’t nearly so fine as being here is.”

-----------------------------

Still gazing out of the tent door, Charlotte answered her hostess, “I’m going to be with my husband.” a small smile crossed her face as she thought of him. However, as soon as it came it was gone. What if he was out on the sea? This was a disastrous night to be on the open ocean. “It’s been 6 months since he went to Port Royal to help his sister,” she said quietly. Finally, Lotty turned away from the dreary scene outside and back to Joanna. She studied the woman curiously. “Why do ye ask?” she asked while sitting down on the cot laid out for her.

-----------------------------

Carmon quickly followed behind Daviel, making sure to stay behind him for his protection. Once they were back down below deck she swept her wide eyes over the scene before them. She looked from Joe to Vari and then back to Daviel. The room seemed stifling with tension and she prayed that Daviel would be able to control it.

With a scowl on his face, Joe was obliged to let Vari go and face the intruder. It would figure that it was that stinking Daviel. Always the hero. His scowl grew as he watched Vari hurry away. “So,” he walked towards Daviel, “didn’t yer mother ever teach ye not to barge in and interrupt people?” He had just won the prize and then lookie who walked right in and spoiled the party. “Or,” he gave Carmon a contemptuous glare causing her to shrink back, “were ye just playing hero for yer love?” he got in Daviel’s face, practically begging for a fight. This silly, silly boy thought he could interrupt a perfect moment of victory and get away with it scot-free? Joe thought not.

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2009, 7:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

Kayala kept her gaze on James, blinking slowly, "James? Are you okay?"

Jack blinked slowly, looking out at the ocean, thinking. His thoughts seeming to linger on Alex for forever, I wonder....what is Will up to these days...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 13th, 2009, 5:00 am 

[ Thank you :notworthy: ]

The ship with black sails seemed to be abandoned, almost like a ghost ship as it lay motionless on water. Bane stood up straight in his row boat, ignoring the fact that it started to rock dangerously. "Permission to come aboard?" he yelled with his raspy voice. But he did not wait for an answer and already started to climb the ladder and onto the deck.

Aboard, aboard.. he sang to himself. All of them went aboard, stabbed with a sword and never to be heard of again...
The young man was quite a sight as he suffled around to inspect the deck: his feet were bare, his trousers were torn until just above his knees, his shirt was ragged and his long chestnut hair was curly and wild. Altogether he made an impoverished impression.
When Bane heard voices from below deck, he went over to the hatch and shouted: "Oi, do you have a map?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2009, 5:57 pm 

[ Bumpity bump]

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2009, 6:42 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Aye, just sleeping… I knew it wasn’t gone for good. :D Yeah, that’s absolutely fine to ignore that horrid post I attempted… so we’ll just pretend as though it never happened and continue on with the story. ;-) No more Godmodding for me. It is much too hard for one girl alone.]]

Edward rocked back and forth in his chair, the squeaky legs creating a rhythmic song on the floorboards. He chewed on his lower lip nervously while staring at the empty seats across from him, imagining his friends suddenly appearing there and making everything okay. But it wasn’t okay - far from it; especially as the chair could no longer hold his weight and Ed found himself on the floor surrounded by broken wood. Blinking once - twice, he began to laugh hysterically, breaking the awkward silence filling the room. Apparently, the insanity was beginning to set in.

------------------------

[[PD - we have an issue with this scene, because I went back and read some previous posts and we already had Rich & Cole meet Cutler. So I’ll need to twist it a bit to make it work… hope that’s all right with you. :erm: ]]

Richard immediately recognized the man’s voice as it pierced the veil of mist that had set in upon the beach. He recoiled, stumbling backwards over fragments of rock scattered about the sand. <i>Oh no, not again…</i> A second meeting between himself and Lord Beckett was definitely out of the question. If this was how it was going to be for the rest of eternity, then this place certainly was hell. “C-Cole… I think we’d best get out of here,” Rich whispered, voice becoming caught in his throat. The memories of that fateful night a decade ago were flooding back for the second time today. Just when he thought the wounds had finally healed, Cutler had gone and ripped them open again - and it hurt worse than any physical pain he’d ever felt.

------------------------

Keyara felt butterflies well up inside of her stomach. She was going to see Cutler again, for the first time in what seemed like forever. Had he missed her as much as she’d missed him? Was every other thought he had haunted by her face? Keyara hoped so. She found her pulse had quickened and a sense of adventure was flowing freely through her veins. Running a hand through her unkempt flaxen hair, she looked back up at Will… or rather, Captain Turner as he had become. “I know not how to repay you, Mr. Turner…” she replied meekly. Though deep inside something told her she shouldn’t thank him in the first place; if it weren’t for the return of the <i>Dutchman</i>, piracy would be wiped from the seas long ago, and Cutler wouldn’t be gone.

------------------------

Joanna shrugged as she listened to Charlotte. “Just wonderin’… it’s been quite a long time since I’ve been out on the sea. Been wantin’ to get back out and experience that rush again. Lived here for as long as I can remember… I could probably find my way around this island eyes-closed.” She missed the old days of sailing with her crew and not having a care in the world; experiencing new places and having different adventures each day. Unfortunately, times had changed drastically. Most of her crew was probably scattered about the Caribbean or had died. Until now, the urge to go pirating had lay dormant, but when Charlotte had arrived, Joanna immediately recognized the same spirit in the girl that she’d once had as a young pirate lass herself. “I’m sure he’ll be overjoyed to see you,” Joanna smiled, remembering her very own beau. He had been claimed by the sea six years back, and truth be told, there was never another like him.

------------------------

A million insults flooded Daviel’s mind, but he couldn’t will himself to speak, only glare at Joe scornfully. What had just happened here was beyond words, and Daviel didn’t know if he’d ever be able to erase the sight from his mind. This man was scum and didn’t know how to treat women properly. But the fact that Vari had actually seemed to want it made the situation all the worse.

<i>“Oi, do you have a map?”</i>

Great, now it seemed they had another stowaway. Daviel kept his eyes on Joe as he motioned to the blonde girl at his side. “Carmon, why don’t ye go talk to Vari while I deal with this? And take the boy with you.”

Jérôme squeezed Carmon’s hand tightly, a bit confused as to what was taking place.

[[Gah… sorry that took me über long to write… I couldn’t think of anything to reply with and for the longest time I wasn’t in a PotC mood. But I guess I’m back now. :pirate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2009, 2:36 pm 

[Bumpish ;) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2009, 3:30 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[I believe either Nienna or PD could post, whichever one of them is up to it.]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2009, 6:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Will? Is Bane of the Pearl? Just curious.)

Kayala looked at Edward curiously as his laughter cut through the awkward silence. She took a breath, 'Okay...' She then turned her questions to the other boy, "Edward? How're you feeling?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 8:33 am 

[ What do you mean? Of the Pearl? ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 10:31 am 
Maia
Maia

(I meant on the Pearl rather. Sorry)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 11:10 am 

[ Yeah.. Bane just appeared on the Pearl but all the others seem to be below deck ;) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 6:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

Will wrote:
[ Thank you :notworthy: ]

The ship with black sails seemed to be abandoned, almost like a ghost ship as it lay motionless on water. Bane stood up straight in his row boat, ignoring the fact that it started to rock dangerously. "Permission to come aboard?" he yelled with his raspy voice. But he did not wait for an answer and already started to climb the ladder and onto the deck.

Aboard, aboard.. he sang to himself. All of them went aboard, stabbed with a sword and never to be heard of again...
The young man was quite a sight as he suffled around to inspect the deck: his feet were bare, his trousers were torn until just above his knees, his shirt was ragged and his long chestnut hair was curly and wild. Altogether he made an impoverished impression.
When Bane heard voices from below deck, he went over to the hatch and shouted: "Oi, do you have a map?"

Jack blinked as he heard Bane's voice. He turned around and walked out onto deck to face the man. He sauntered over to him, "Oi! What do you think you're doing!! Get off my ship!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 6:44 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(hurrah! ;) ok, cool… well, you know it’s partially my fault, Ara. Never should’ve let it get to the point of making you godmode… :erm: but yeah. That’s all ancient history now)

James was stirred from his daydreams and back to cold reality by Kayala’s voice. “Yes,” he said, quickly regaining his indifference, “I’m fine.” he turned his gaze out the window again but this time tried to rema-… a loud laugh broke his train of thought. He turned away from the window to see who had broken the already troubled silence. It was that Edward fellow. He should've figured as much. James scowled and watched the man. He always knew Blackhaven was… unstable. He was a pirate after all. But this? There was no sense trying to explain why he'd do it. Pirate that he was and all. They all seemed insane. ‘Old prejudices die hard.’ he had heard that saying once and he supposed now that it was true. Or perhaps that wasn’t the right saying. Maybe he was mixing two together. Perhaps… no, of course he couldn’t be going insane. Anyway, he had just got here, right? He studied Edward for a minute longer before letting his eyes pass over the other inhabitants of the cabin. Perhaps they were all insane.

-------------------------------------------

Joe was caught by surprise by an unfamiliar voice calling out. He ran his hand disgustedly through his short, dark hair and glanced around, trying to detect where the voice was coming from. It figures. Right when he was about to make this stupid want-to-be-hero pay for his intrusion there just had to be another interruption. He shot Daviel one last nasty scowl and muttered, "we're not done, Demarest," before walking over to the stairs. He would have to skin alive that no good piece of pirate trash later. He looked up to find… who was that? Some sort of worthless beggar. Or at least he looked pretty close to one. “Who’re you?” he asked bluntly, losing formalities along with any patience he had left.

Carmon nodded silently and left Daviel and Joe to deal with each other and the newcomer. She squeezed the young boy’s hand in return and looked down at him with a gentle smile, trying her best to be reassuring. She wasn’t sure if talking to Vari right now would be the best idea, but it was worth a shot. Anything was better then staying there with Daviel and Joe. Please let them not kill each other, she prayed quietly, or at least let Joe not kill Davi. After a little searching Carmon spotted Vari and slowly approached her. “Vari?” she asked, quietly, looking down at Jérôme by her side and giving him another kind smile. “Vari,” several more steps toward the woman and she was right by her side. “How-how are you?” she didn’t really know what else to say right now. She chewed her lower lip and knelt down by the older woman.

Charlotte looked at Joanna out of the corner of her eye. Was this woman proposing what she thought she was? As Lotty thought about Joanna she wound one of her dark curls slowly around her finger. She must’ve been a pirate too at some point. That was hard to imagine looking at her today. The more she looked at her and thought about it the more she felt sorry for the woman. It wouldn’t be easy being trapped on such a small island like this. Especially when pirate was in your blood. It would get… monotonous. She shuddered mentally, hoping she would never find herself like that. At least, not yet. She and her husband were young, they had a lot to live for yet. And if they did ever want to give all that they had up for a quite lif, well, at least it would be with him. That would be ok. “Oh, yes,” she smiled and turned to Joanna. She opened her mouth as if she was about to go on, but shut it again and fell silent.

----------------------------------------

Will only smiled. It was almost a sorrowful smile, though not quite since this was Keyara Pierce. She deserved everything that was coming to her. “No need to thank me. After you spend some time in the Locker you’ll wish you had stayed here.” He looked down at the deck and studied the tips of his worn boots for a minute in awkward silence. When the matter seemed closed he looked back up, made eye contact with Keyara and nodded curtly. Will turned on his heel and gave orders to one of his crew members who then turned and shouted the orders to the rest. They were on their way to drop Keyara off.

----------------------------------------

(oh, ok. I was wondering about that… I was just too lazy to look back. Thanks for fixing it. ;))

“What are you doing?” Came Cole’s puzzled question through the mist. He watched Richard’s antics with perplexity. “Who is it?” Cole turned back to where the voice had come from and studied the silhouette of the figure. He felt as if he should know the person and yet he didn't.

------

Cutler heard muffled voices and waited patiently, letting his eyes rove around the fog covered land. As could be expected, he actually rather enjoyed knowing that these people knew who he was and were afraid of him. His confidence was quickly returning to him. He was Cutler Beckett, Lord Cutler Beckett, after all. But who could this be who recognized him? He mentally ran through a list of people he had known. Mercer? Doubtful. Davy Jones. Ha, that would be ironic! Him in his own bloody Locker! One of the many pirates he had killed or had ordered to be killed? Hm, probably not. They wouldn’t know him personally. Though the way he scared them hinted at the possibility. Norrington? Governor Swann? He studied the figures carefully. No, they seemed to be younger than that. He decided he’d wait to see what they did first. Cutler basked in self-importance for the time being. The only thing he knew for sure was that they recognized him and he struck fear in their hearts. Which counted for something in a place like this, right?

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 5:20 pm 

Bane, hardly aware that he was doing something that was not allowed, looked quite surprised at Jack but ignored his shouting. But when a second man, Joe, climbed onto the deck asking him who he was Bane frowned.
"Does it matter who a man is? Ain't his actions more meaningful?" Bane's frown changed in a smile and he continued his babbling. "So much a man can be, but what he is, that's the question. Meant to be, destiny, only a few men that can see. But I need a map. Do ye have a map..."
The young man shook his head and his chestnut curly hair fell back. He had a tanned face but his piercing green eyes were striking. They were hypnotising. Bane silently hummed a tune while glancing around as if he wasn't even waiting for an answer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next