Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 25th, 2007, 10:46 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Dark saw the group approaching the tree house, about to come down into there home. "I was right..." She whispered softly, more so to herself than anyone else. She waited for the other group to land and ask for her story, if they wanted to hear it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26th, 2007, 11:29 am 
Ent
Ent

Max landed, followed by the others. She turned to face Dark. "So, what is your story?" Max asked.

Angel glanced around the tree house, then turned her attention towards Dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26th, 2007, 4:35 pm 
Vala
Vala

((*is back* sorry for the absence...computer trouble))
Jack lept after Dark as she sprang into the air, his giant wings catching every small updraft, lifting him up. She flew quickly, but Jack easily kept up with her steady wingbeats.

They settled in thier normal roost, a thick clump of trees with thick branches and ample foliage. The other flock hurried in after them. Jack sat in his usual spot, a crook where a large branch met the trunk, and glanced curiously as the other flock arrived.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2007, 3:32 pm 
Ent
Ent

OOC// Nauriel Rochnur, I really like your Stargate Atlantis banner! :) I love that show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2007, 9:59 pm 

((It's good to have you back, Nauriel! :hug:))

Dark looked at Max with a sideways glance, looking her both up and down before turning to look at Tryst and Jack. She sighed heavily before beginning her...excuse me, their story.

"We, like yourselfs, were created by the Whitecoats. We were created before your time, before they even thought of making "another" flock. We where there first sucessful expierents ever to live for more that 27 hours. Unlike when you, or the Erasers where created, we were completely created by chance, no certain directions, no garentee of success."

"We were lucky."

"But then again, not so lucky. There is the main different between our flocks. Time. Right after they created us, they managed to create the first Eraser, but without knowings it's full purpose. Another differences between our flocks was how they got there specimen for testing. How they got us." Dark Rising paused and made a small, ciricular motion around herself and the three others in her flock.

"You see, from some luck later on, I heard about how or why they chose who they were going to work on. Why they choose us. You and your flock, Max, you where chosen, yes. Chosen and taken. You see, I wish that is what happened to us. We were also chosen. Chosen and given." Dark paused again, looking downward at the floor. It was a heartbreaking detail, but she thought she had to give it, to help with the story.

"So, at the beginning to the Whitecoats madness, there where 9 of us, and 9 of the Erasers. I know that you only see four of us now, beside of your flock of 6 and about a hundred more Erasers. That is the main part of our story."

"After 3 years of imprisonment, our flock did the impossible. We escaped. We got out, on our own, and we flew. It was an amazing feeling to expierence for the first time, the feeling of being weightless, soaring high in the clouds, and free. And that was what we where. Free. No worries except finding a place to stay and finding food. We didn't think anything would ever come after us."

"How stupid we were back then."

"We found small home down in Kentucky, just outside of the city of Burlington. We found an old shack, abandoned, in the middle of an old abandoned street alleyway. It was perfect. So, we got food and water and supplies and all was well. If you have done any math at all, Max, you would know that I would have only been the age of 3, and not able to take care of 8 others at that time. So, obviously, I wasn't the leader."

"Our leader's name was Tryan. He was 13 years old at the time. The next one in line was Lisa; she was 11. Then there was Eagle; he was 8. Arthyia was 5. And then there was my twin, my real twin. We were the only two that where truely related. His name was Light and I was Dark. Light and Dark Rising, we called ourselves. And Jack was the same age as us, Tryst a year behind, along with *insert Aramels char here--no bio yet*. We where a good group, all with different powers and responibilites, not knowing was was about to happen."

"5 years later was when...it happened. I was 7. That was when your group had just escaped, or was set free, by Jeb Batchter. That night, the Whitecoats had sent the first ever Erasers out to find the first flock they had ever created. Us. To kill us."

"We were sleeping in the same alleyway, all together, unknowning. Then, suddenly, we heard a crash and we awoke to our roof being broken into by loud noises and we saw claws and heard the howling of dogs loudly outside the windows. Tryan quickly jumped up to defend, and we all followed him. He decided to teach us and learn himself, the skills of tracking, stealing, and fighting, along with strengthing each of our own unique ablities."

"Then, about 20 Erasers came down upon us. We fought long and hard. I can't remember much...but I can remember was the sight of blood, the pain of a dagger ripping through my wing and face, and the screams of death that I heard my brother, Light, scream as one of the Erasers teeth bit into his stomach and stab a dagger through his heart. That night, bloodshed was split in our home. Tyran, Lisa, Light, Arthyia, and Eagle, where brutely murdered. The four of us watched and heard them die, right in front of us. Then, just as they were going to kill us too, the lead Eraser, who killed my brother, uttered into my ear as he was choaking me, "Oh, it's looks like the other flock has escaped. Time to go, boys. We will come back and kill the rest of them later." And then, just like that, air filled my lungs once again, and I could breathe. I felt myself hit the floor and watched wearily as the Erasers lept out of the house and where gone. I then saw the dead bodies of the brothers and sisters before I passed out."

Dark sighed heavily and stood out into the light, moving her hair back behind her ear, showing her other eye that she forced to stay hidden. Her eye had a large, red scar that was once a deep gash going across it, and as she opened her eyes, they could see that it was a lighter color than her normal eye, and that she was blind in that one. She then opened her dark black wings, and let the light it her left one just right to show another deep gash go across it.

"I applaud you, Maximum Ride." Dark Rising said softly. "You did what we could not. Your flock is still here, together. So, back in the alley, when I told you you knew nothing of pain, I didn't mean that you didn't know what it was like to be a bird-mutant freak confused, and hopeless, in some sense. I meant you didn't know how it felt to lose everything you loved right before your eyes, when you yourself could have stopped it. I hope you never feel the pain we have felt...it is almost so bad, that it is not worth living anymore. The pain...the guilt...the memories..." Dark's voice faded off slowly, and she put her wings back behind her and waited to see how Max and her flock reacted. What they would say...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2007, 12:36 am 
Vala
Vala

Jack glared at the ground, biting his lip until he thought it would bleed. He may have been the oldest in the flock by two years, but Dark was the leader for a reason: Jack would have never been able to get through the story without stopping, Dark no doubt relived the experience just as vividly when she told thier history, but Dark had the brutal strength, the iron will to push it aside move ahead. He hugged his wings closer to his sides, took a deep breath, and glanced at the new flock.
"So here we are.." he murmured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2007, 1:02 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Tryst tried not to listen to Dark's story. She shed her jean jacket revealing white wings, one of which had a red scar going along it. That would be from the attack of the Erasers. She also knew that Dark was the best to tell the story. She didn't like to talk, period. She remembered flashes of when she spoke when the white coats experimented on her, that they'd hurt her.

Tryst sat down at a small table in the corner and flipped open a laptop that was laying there. Idly she brought up a game of solitar to take her mind off of what Dark was telling...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2007, 11:36 am 
Ent
Ent

Max looked at Dark, absorbing all the other flocks words. After she was done, Max opened her mouth to speak, then closed it only to open it to speak again. "I am so sorry, about what you have been through." Max said mournfully as she looked at the other flock. Now that they had told their story, she realized how lucky they had been.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2007, 8:47 pm 

Dark nodded solemnly. "We have gone through much." She said simply. "But we four....we kinda owe our lives to your flock." Dark said. "Or to Jeb, moreso, for breaking you guys free." But she waved her hand off that matter and added,

"When I awoke the next morning after that brutal night, Jake and I cleaned up the bodies...and we had 5 funerals all in one day." Dark's words choaked up inside her throat and she coughed for a few moments, to give herself an excuse to let a few silent tears fall down her face. "Then, we took off. We knew we where on the run. We made it out on Kentucky and then decided that our next goal was to find a new leader...not a replacement, mind you! No one would ever be good enough to replace Tryan." Dark glanced at Jake and Tryst. She was closer to both of them than anyone else, even before the incident. (Beside Light, of course, who was not longer with her....them.) "I was chosen to fulfill that role by vote and much talk, even though I was only the second oldest. Then, we decided that we would find a new home and try to find out as much info as we could about the School, the Whitecoats, there plan, and your flock. We wanted to find you and see what we would do from there."

"Well, it looks like we have finally found you." Dark said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2007, 1:26 pm 
Ent
Ent

Max nodded slowly at Dark’s words. “Yes, you have found us.” She whispered softly to herself. She shook her head slightly, to clear her mind. “So, any questions for us, about us? Such like…” She asked as she glanced around the room. Now that she was with another flock, she felt slightly awkward. Don’t get her wrong, she was happy that her flock was not the only one, but still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2007, 3:43 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Nudge, the whole time, had been unusually quiet. She had tried not to ask questions while Dark spoke. Finally she burste out talking.
"How long have you been here? Did you escape just like we did? Who...." she chattered on and on. Until she realized she was babbling, and covered her mouth with her hands.

~~~

Tryst was already annoyed by the elven-year old girl. She talked way to much. In the middle of a game of solitar, a different page popped up. It was the view from a hidden camera that was motion activated. And running infront of it were Erasers.
"Dark!" she said, "Erasers. About three dozen of them."

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2008, 7:07 pm 
Ent
Ent

Max shifted from foot to foot nervously. Were there really Erasers coming towards the other flocks house? They would have to leave then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 12:51 am 

Dark was about to answer Max's questions with a very smart remark about what would she want to know about another group of things excatly like her and her group when Nudge starting talking. Dark sighed inwardly and thanked God that she didn't have anyone in her flock that young. Then, she felt something. Something was wrong. She tensed slightly and then heard her reassuring cry from Tryst that confirmed her insticts.

"Erasers. About three dozen of them." Tryst cried.

"Great." Dark said and then turned to Max. "Time to see what your flock is made of." She said before preparing for an attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 4:23 pm 
Vala
Vala

Jack swallowed a curse (there were small children around) and grabbed a long, battered aluminum bat. As far as weapons went, it wasn't very high tech, but in the hands of a genetically enhanced bird boy, this child's toy was very lethal. An assortment of other weapons; metal rods, rusty knives, sharpened branches, lay of the floor for others to take and use. With on fluid motion Jack swung out of the tree house and perched himself on a thick branch, waiting for the attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2008, 5:53 pm 
Ent
Ent

Max looked at them, then prepared herself as well. Usually they would try and fly away but she guessed they were going to fight.

Angel looked at Max. "Are we going to fight them Max?"

"Yes Angel, we are."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2008, 5:56 pm 

Dark was about to follow Jack when she sensed Max's groups hesitation. "You don't have to fight, Max." She told them. "We can meet you afterwards if you want. Do what is best for your flock." Then, she followed Jack out the window.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next