Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 9:04 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

The glyphs the one seer had been tracing in the air turned a bright white.
"She tells the truth, she knows not where the rebels are," he said. The other asked another question.
"Who is the leader of the rebel?"

~~~~~~

Aaron looked up at the dark tower.
"Why do you ask me? I'm good with tracking, not planning. How about you, Ahearn, do you have a plan?"

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 11:51 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ahearn surveyed the land around the fortress. "We cannot dig under, we cannot go in through the gate." He turned to the peasants behind him. "The only way is up." He took some rope out of his saddle bag. "I will go over the wall and open the gate. Knowing the Dark Lord, there will be no weak point in the wall we could break through, and no way we could dig under." He rode ahead, attaching a grappling hook to the rope and throwing it over the wall. A small dagger in his mouth, Ahearn began to climb the rope up the wall... at the top he hesitated before going over, taking the dagger out of his mouth to have it ready to fight.
He raised an eyebrow out of curiosity once inside - there were no guards anywhere to be seen. "All the better for us," he muttered. "But where they are, I'd like to know."
Taking his hook off of the wall, he went down a staircase and to the gate, where he worked for a few minutes before opening it...

-----

Aina looked indignantly at the seers, half-smiling. "I seriously don't think you understand my brother at all." She plopped down on the floor, ignoring the seers for a minute. "Alright, so maybe I do know the names of one or two of the leaders, but that's it, and names won't help you, there's about three Darrens just within our clan, so it won't help for me to tell you the leader's name is Darren."

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2008, 7:52 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"We should leave the horses," Baja said while Ahearn climbed over the wall. She tied her own and few feet back in the forest. Walking back, she waited for the others as the gate opened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 1:01 am 
Maia
Maia

Ahearn poked his head outside the gate and motioned for the rest of the clansmen to enter. Once they were all inside, he turned to the group.
"Anyone got any more of a plan?"

www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 1:04 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"It would help if we knew where your sister was, Ahearn," Aaron whispered, now on foot since he left his horse in the cover of the forest.
"Did you kill all of the guards? If not, we could question one."

~~~~~~

The letters again glowed white.
"She tells truth."
"Now, do you know any actions that the rebels might take soon? Other than to save you?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 6:51 am 
Maia
Maia

Aina just laughed at the seers' question.
"You haven't learned anything yet have you? Seriously, if I knew anything, it would be more of the obvious things like where the base even is... which I don't even know."

----

Ahearn looked around suspiciously. "That's what surprises me. There aren't any guards on duty. At least, there don't appear to be. I would guess Aina would be either in the Dark Lord's great hall or locked up in a dungeon somewhere."

www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 11:49 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"We do not make up these questions, girl. The Dark Lord tells us what to ask, and we must do as told, or be wipped," said the one with the black beard.
"How about a better question. How many people that you can name are with the rebellion that you know of?" said the second.

~~~~~~~~

"Then it may be a trap..." Aaron said, glancing around. "Something big is going to happen, I think."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 11:50 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Baja headed in after the rest of the clansmen, hand on her sword hilt, "I think the dungeon would be a safe bet," she said in a low voice. She looked up on the surrounding walls for an sign of anyone. It was defently odd that there wasn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 2:30 pm 
Maia
Maia

"How 'bout we split up," Ahearn suggested. "It might actually be best to have a group waiting outside the fortress... just in case. I'll go ahead with a third of the clan to search for Aina in the dungeons, another third, Aaron, you lead, will go to the Dark Lord's hall."
--

"Oh, the whole clan, really. That's why they're part of the clan. But I couldn't name everyone in the clan, there's far to many people in it for that. Actually, I could say ALL of the clans, but that's not necessarily true, because some of those are fake clans that don't really support our cause... oh dear, I'm rambling, aren't I? Ahearn would have a fit... he hates it when I do that..."

('Rain... 'tis about time for our plan, eh? :))

www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 6:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

((Just wanted to let you all know, I'm still here. lol I'll jump in again pretty soon))

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 8:40 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(not yet... they can save Aina first...)

Aaron nodded to Ahearn, still concerned about the lack of guards. He and half of the clan that had gone with them ran off in the direction of the Dark Lord's hall.

~~~~~~~

The glyphs turned white again.

For a moment the truthsayers whispered to each other. They were fighting on which question they should ask next, since obviously this girl really didn't know much of what was to come with the rebels. Then the one with the white beard turned to a guard and hissed something at him. The guard nodded and ran off. Then he turned to Aina.
"The Lord will not be pleased with these answers, but you speak truth," he said.
"The Lord has had much trouble the last few days. Somethings amiss," mumbled the other.
"We may be back," said the first, then they left, a guard closing the cell door as the exited...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 11:18 pm 
Maia
Maia

After running through halls and up and down stairs for a few minutes, Ahearn and those following him finally found the entrance to the dungeons. Cautiously, he put his hand on the door handle and pried it open. Ahearn motioned for a few others to go before him, then he followed the rest down, down, down, down... finally the stairs stopped and they reached a thick wooden door which was, to their dismay, locked.
----

Aina watched as the seers walked off, shrugging her shoulders. She didn't really care that the Dark Lord wasn't pleased, she wouldn't get in trouble.

www.therebelution.com
</center>

Last edited by The Nightingale on January 22nd, 2008, 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 11:30 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(erm... the lock is on the outside of the big metal door... and... *am suddenly reminded of the Mary-sue poem* *grins* and she still has that thing on her arm, and is unable to bend it...)

Aaron and his group sneaked through the halls, and found their way to the Dark Lord's throne room. They hurried to a dark corner, and watched silentely as the Dark Lord entered the room and went over to sit on his throne...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 12:26 am 
Maia
Maia

(her other arm... and I thought it was a barred cell door, like the LEGO ones... )

www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 10:47 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(I imagined a big stone door with a 2 inch high flap for food, and a 4 inch by 4 inch door with metal bars... lol. I guess next time there should be more description on either person's part. *shrugs* Oh, well... some one else's post...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 11:01 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Baja ran off with Aaron and the other half of the clan and went into the throne room. From the corner she watched the Dark Lord enter and sit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next