It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Count of Monte Cristo RPG
PostPosted: March 17th, 2008, 12:00 pm 

<center> Ladies and Gentlemen!
I am proud to present you:
River and Will's RPG:
The Count of Monte Cristo</center>

Plot: 1815, France has just experienced a turbulent time of Revolution and after that the reign of Napoleon Bonaparte which ended with his dreaded return from Moscow in the Battle of Leipzig. Napoleon was banned to the island of Elba which is near to the France coast.
In Marseille the young Edmond Dantes is blessed with a beautiful fiancé, Mercedes, and a new promotion to become captain of the ship the Pharao. But not all are happy with Edmond's prosperity: his best friend Fernand, the son of a count, is secretely in love with Mercedes and can't stand that Edmond whom he just sees as a "commoner" has so much luck in life. Together with Danglars, first mate on the ship the Pharao, Fernand sets up a plot to betray Edmond and eventually Edmond is arrested on charge of treason (cooperation with Napoleon). He's sentenced by the judge Villefort on false grounds, to a life time in the horrible prison Chateau D'if.
Here Edmond meets the Priest Faria who has accidentily been digging a secret tunnel to his cel instead of the outer wall. Together with the priest Edmond continues digging the tunnel, while the priest learns Edmond the sword, mathematics, science and languages. Eventually the priest dies but he has given Edmond a map of the island of Monte Cristo, where a treasure has been hidden.
Now Edmond will try to escape, find the treasure to be able to plot his plan for revenge.

First, thanks for reading this rather long summary. Our intention was to start a RP based on the movie of the Count of Monte Cristo. (Clike here to watch the trailer) The RP will start when Edmond finds the priest dead and then he will try to escape the prison. After that he'll disguise himself as "The Count of Monte Cristo" to take his revenge on Fernand, Danglars, Villefort and, when he learns that his fiancé married his "friend" who betrayed him (Fernand), Mercedes.

Rules: - The usual ones, you should know them all ;)
- Join please when you're dedicated to this Rp :)
- And please try to post a paragraph of text instead of a few lines, it's not so hard :P

Characters:
You can come in with any charrie you like. It could be a character from the movie like Fernand or Mercedes. But feel free to create a charrie on your own as River did. It would be great if there were also some canon character so we could follow the plotline of the movie ;)

- Edmond Dantes - played by Will
- Nicola de Barbarac - played by River
- Fernand Mondego?
- Mercedes Mondego?

Bios:

Name: Edmond Dantes
Age: 19 at the time of his arrest, 32 at the time of his escape
Personality: Quiet, bitter, obsessed with his revenge

Name: Nicola de Barbarac
Looks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37158405@N00/488369263/

That was about it I guess :-D

Please join! :bounce:

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2008, 3:46 pm 

No one really? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2008, 7:55 pm 
Maia
Maia

Will, shall we just start? It could make others become intrested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2008, 12:07 pm 
Maia
Maia

Bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2008, 11:21 pm 
Maia
Maia

oh my gosh. i've been waiting for an RP of this. okay so a while ago i had an idea for a charrie that i think would be a cool addition. but you tell me.

Name:corinne
Age:(his son is 16 right?) so lets just have this not really be realistic and have her be......14.
Apperance: small. about 5 foot 1, she has bright blue eyes, dark hair.
History: when Edmond got out of prison and hooked up with the pirate people. they stopped in a spanish port and had some fun drinking and playing around. edmund isnt really one to get drink but the men spiked his drink and he ended up making love with a woman in the tavern. she ended up pregnent and had the baby. she never saw edmund again after that night. she has rasied her child as best as she could. Corinne now 14 has set out to find her father. she has hooked up with the main pirate man Edmund worked for, looting and making deals and other such things. one night they were sent on a job to capture a boy and then have someone come set him free. Corinne was to be the one to lead the boy down the darkend street where he was to be captured. thats when she saw him. Edmund. her father whom she did not know what we father at the time.

thats where i will leave off...yeah.

music is my life, my love, it's apart of my very being, it's what keeps my heart beating
~Raelyn

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

All who call on God in

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 9:15 am 

Heey Lady Raelyn :)

Thanks for joining. Just a small remark on your character, both River and me thought she was a bit in appropriate. In the first place because it wouldn't be anything like Edmond to let his drink get spiked and stuff and sleep with a random woman, second because the age of your character isn't quite right. Edmond escapes after 13 years of imprisonment and that's were the thing leaves off... so yeah..
No offense or anything :) Perhaps you can adapt the character somewhat that it fits and is kinda realistic? :-D

-------

Nauseau whelled up inside Edmond as he fell more than 50 meters down the cliff. In his one hand he hold on with all his powers the keys which would grant him his freedom. The water was cold as ice and as quick as his hands allwoed him he tried to unlock the chain around his feet which was attached to a weight which dragged him to the bottom. At the moment that he began to run out of oxygen the lock opened and with the last of his strength he swam to the surface as quick as possible.
He gasped for air and for a moment Edmond heard nothing but the waves shattering on the rocks but then Edmond noticed the other figure which was desparetly trying to get ashore: Dorleac. Instinctively Edmond swam over to him while the feeling of hate and vengeance of the last 13 years overtook him. Dorleac would breath no more..
At the horizon there was a strip of light and the glittering in the sea betrayed it would be dawn soon. Edmond started to swim.. and swim. And he lost track of time, while wondering now and then if he was ever to reach land again. At a certain moment his feet felt sand, though he barely registered it. Exhausted Edmond collapsed on the beach unconsious, barely realising he was free at last..

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 8:19 pm 
Maia
Maia

((Yaaa for starting. Nicola will meet Edmund later, I think I have a way.))

Nicola look out over the see, it would have been a lovely veiw if it wasn't for the fact she was in a long boat, not knowing where to go. She had been a board a great ship, when certain situations casued her to flee, and in doing so she had not grabbed any food or water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2008, 5:24 pm 

Bright.. everything was bright and light. Was he in heaven? Edmond felt overwhelmed by life and his eyes needed a long time until they were adjusted. Everything seemed so colourful and light after all those years of cold darkness. The touch of sand, the warmth of the sun on his skin and the smell of the salt sea, he registered it all. “Thank you Priest” he muttered and slowly an overpowering feeling of happiness overtook him when he realised he was free. Edmond jumped on his feet and started to run.. and run, to scream. He dove in the water, to jump on his feet again and to run further down the beach in complete ecstasy. Suddenly he slowed down and looked calm at the sandy shore. There was a total of perhaps thirty men on a row watching him, silently. Edmond looked back and nodded at them as if was the quite normal that a man in rags was running down the beach like a madman. “Hello”.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2008, 7:34 pm 
Maia
Maia

Nicola swore under her breath as her stomach started to growl. "Better to die out here then on that ship with him, I guess." She told her self as she pulled the oars in and sat, wondering where to go now.

Post subject: Re: The Count of Monte Cristo RPG
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2022, 5:51 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Progress codes are only goliath for orders set on the web. Progress codes entitle ... Free vehicle offers apply to UK standard improvement as shown by a specific perspective.
Visit:
london accountant