Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2009, 6:49 pm 

[ Hello? :( ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2009, 11:44 pm 

[[Sorry, life is hectic. Syneva, sorry, but the High Priest wouldn't have a Sumbasi servant, let alone a female. You could try for someone non-religiously affiliated though. ;) ]]

Kaliq followed the exchange between Cardea and Kalif. The words that resonated in his mind must have gone through the other man's as well, judging by his reaction. Choosing for the moment to hide his Jinn appearance, Kaliq addressed Kalif.

"Desert sun this early in the morning, sir? That be a fox you speak to." His lips twitched, though he took care not to look Kalif in the eyes.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2009, 3:41 pm 
Vala
Vala

((Okay, I think I have sorted through this confusion, but correct me if I got anything wrong))

Kalif grinned, his blushing cheeks hidden by his swarthy complexion. This was not the first time a Jinn had chosen to speak to him, but it was definitely the first time he had been seen conversing with one who shaped itself as a creature that had no right to talk.
He turned to the unfamiliar man who had spoken, hastily searching for the right words. "One never knows when El'Shatar is present. Is it not all wilderness that is sacred to him, even the small foxes such as this?" He smiled, hopefully convincing the man that he was at least sane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2009, 10:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

((Really sorry I haven't posted anything in ages. I'm on a ridiculously slow internet connection, and will be for another month. Nurr, if you want to take over my character until I'm able to be around more, that'd be fine! :) ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2009, 6:49 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Name: Abya (white)
Race: Human
Allegiance: None in her own mind but was born to the Jazarat
Appearance: http://pic.yesky.com/picupload2/20051231/1040078.jpg
History:
At worst she was a demon at best she was cursed or her mother had fornicated with evil spirits. Abya was born an albino and was immediately cast out. One would not think that a baby like her would survive but by the grace of the gods she was taken in by an entrapenureing thief. For the first thirteen years of her life Abya was a thief or at least a distraction, letting the marks believed she was a ghost or demon. She learnt rough language and rough trade at the hands of her masters. For she was little more than a slave in their eyes; he thieves did not fear her but despised her and treated her cruelly.
Finally after a particularly nasty beating she ran off, now she was a fugitive hiding by day from the scorching sun that burnt her naked skin and stealing food at night, for though she was a trained thief she had learnt to hate her trade at the hands of her masters and now stole only to live. She could not beg or work, if people saw her they screamed and drove her out of town, the temples cursed her calling her a demon. All but one; the temple in Kalesh took her in and gave her robes and a head scarf, they told her she had been cursed for her mothers sins and the only way to placate the gods was to houner them and not to steal but instead to worship and to obey their laws. They had begun to teach her manners and how to sew, hoping to give her a trade and Abya had nodded along, thankful for their kindness but not believing in their gods. She agreed she was cursed but did not see how worshipping those that had cursed her were going to help. They were not her gods.
But before long the town’s people of Kalesh had grown in fear and gossip and had forced the temple to abandon her. The people had torn her robes and taken her head scarf and tried to stone her before she had managed to escape. Now she wondered the lands keeping to her nocturnal habits and stealing food where she could.

[would it be ok for someone in the temple or a jinn to see her? and please don't throw her out :) ]

She crouched in the darkness of an alley opposite the Great Temple of Jazerat and chewed on a scrap of leather. Her hair was a dusty dirty tangle and her white skin was smeared with dirt. Her robes, now torn and ragged, slipping off her shoulder and caked with dirt hung loose about her as she stared at the temple door. She rubbed a scar absently, it was cruel humour, she reflected, that when other women were beaten their olive golden skin was marred with white scar tissue, but on her it blended with her pearly skin so that she looked untouched – she who had been beaten more than any other. But now she had decided to try again even if she did risk a beating, life had got too bad once more and she was going to seek sanctuary however brief in this temple.

She waited patiently till no one was looking and flashed across the sunlit street and into the temple complex, she wandered through the rooms keeping in the shadows till she came to one with a great alter. There she settled down in a corner out of the light and waited to see what would happen; her eyes glittering in the dark.
{Dragonseeker}

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2009, 10:46 am 

[ Actually.. this kind of died. I'm still in for this though. ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 14th, 2009, 10:35 pm 

[You know, you can post and interact with each other. Get out and meet people and all that.]

Kaliq grinned at Kalif. "True, the gods live through all things. Though one rarely find such devoutness in many men." They continued through to the center of the camp, where women were refilling jars at the clear oasis.

--
Mor'oak strode through his realm in the heavens, intent on one purpose. "El'Shatar!" He roared, and the jinn near him winced and cowered. His straight sword and round shield (useless against other gods, but impressive) gleamed in the bright sunlight of El'Shatar's desert dwelling.

[For instance, someone could jump in and talk to Mor'oak here.]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 15th, 2009, 8:01 am 

[ Well I was in the middle of a conversation with Mae's character. It's quite hard to jump out of that.. but I haven't seen Mae around here lately. Did anyone hear of her? ]