Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: House of Weird
PostPosted: October 31st, 2009, 10:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

In between south campus of Byrlington College and its sorority row is a block of old (sometimes renovated) houses that are occupied by all sorts of college kids. All but one, that is. The Cromwell house, as it is known on Maple street has never been able to hold tenants for more than six months.

The six month phenomena is attributed not only to the dreary atmosphere the house retains (the owners try and renovate every time, but it doesn't get far) and the dark history behind it. The house is said to be a portal between this world and the next, and no one has been able to conquer the overwhelming fear that sits on the property. That is until a group of broke teenagers take over, drawn in by the promise of cheap rent. The house is a portal to the other side that no one could handle, but now with new and determined tenants the question is can the other side handle them?
------------------------------

As you can see it is going to be a fun, rp. I'm limiting it to 10 rpers to start with and only 4 real world housemates. When the rp gets off the ground we can add more realworlders that are not housemates.

A few rules: Other siders can be put into 3 categories

1. Corporeal - this refers to anything that you would consider alive and bound to the earth such as nymphs, mermaids, fairies.

2. Paranormal- Ghosts, ghouls, poltergeists.

3. Corporeal and Paranormal- This tends only to apply to things like mummies, zombies and vampires as they were dead but still alive.

----------------------------

Characters: Go crazy with your characters other siders, just no invincible scary crazy powerful people. Realworlders need to stay fairly grounded with small bits of power that are geared towards something special. Like gifted with knowing or seeing ghosts, and of course normal people are total welcome too, the more diverse the better! Bios don't need to be too in depth as its more fun to just learn about characters along the way for the other people. This will also be an rp for people with experience who like to type. No one line posts here - all posts need to be at least five lines long.

Housemates
1. Lucida Barnes- Maethoriel
2. Sandra Lyse - Holly Short
3. Neil Stroker - Captain Faramir
4. Agatha Rittman - Eruaina

Othersiders
1. Corwen Silverwing - Holly Short
2. Unknown - Turwaithiel
3. Adelaide Blackman - Darkheart
4. Xavior Endymion - Eruaina
5. Felix Monjuni - Maethoriel
6. Unknown - Ennostiel

Character bios:

Name: Lucida Barnes
Appearance: Tall, gangly, pale, freckled, with curly red hair
Personality: Spacey
History: Born in San Antonio she left the sunny state to go to Byrlington which resides in a small town with the same name in Massachusetts.
Notes: Lucida is geared towards the paranormal and can see ghosts and has since learned from her hometown priest how to banish them - she's only been successful with three banishments.

Name: Felix Monjuni
Race: Ghost turned ghoul
Personality: obsessive, and charming
History: Doesn't remember much from when he was alive save for the 18 months of mayhem that no one ever gave him credit for (almost) living through. One of the original gangsters that belonged to Machine Gun Kelly's gang, Felix was a good bit of hired muscle and not too sharp on the brains. He haunted an old bank that was condemned and found [s]the love of his life [/s] his soulmate (or so he says) in one Lucida Barnes who has been stuck with the ghostly gangster since.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Last edited by Maethoriel on November 9th, 2009, 1:41 am, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2009, 10:56 pm 
Istari
Istari

Can I have 2? A human and a other-sider?

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2009, 10:59 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Sure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2009, 4:59 am 
Balrog
Balrog

I suppose I can be a human, one of her mates

Name: Neill Stroker
Appearance: Good-looking lad with clear-cut face, he is charming and charismatic though he is of middle height. He has a black hair and blue eyes that draws the attraction at first sight.
Personality: Not predictable, not even trustful to some extent. He is weird but is smart as hell.
History: Neill was born in London, England. When he was just four years old, his family migrated to the States due to his father's remarkable career in selling an oriental themed carpets. Neill started kindergarten at 5, then at 7 went to primary school. He was kind of optimistic kid and yet not aware of the hardships of life he would start to understand. His mother died of unexpected illness that autumn, leaving Neill behind all alone. His father, Bram Stroker, on the other hand had a quite fortune selling his carpets to every American household in California. As wealthy as he was, Bram was greatly distressed due to his wife's death. He tried to be more interested in the kid, taking care of his school. At one night, while taking Neill back from the school in a foggy night ,unlike the ones Bram knew, had happened an event which made Neill frightened. Bram held his hand since they went out the school, took the stroll in to the passage where held at its intersection was a cemetery. Without much further ado, they took the road the reason Neill would have never known. They walked on and on as they came to pass by the cemetery. Neill heard some howling voices; clinged on to his father's hand. Bram froze too as he took a stare in the direction of cemetery. A woman he managed to see crouched at the feet of the grave she seemed to have come visit. Neill was already afraid of the scenery lying ahead. Bram took a step at the woman, dressed in black all over. He touched her on the shoulder, in a way to urge her on or rather freak her out that which Neill did not understand. Neill was with his father. He remembered Bram called her many times to turn back at him. However, there was no movement of any sort in the position of the woman, crouching at grave's feet and facing the grave like a mere dead. Bram led go of the hand of the child, warning him to go home on his own if something unpleasant was to happen. Neill obeyed and ran for the exit. As Bram stood in front of the woman, her eyes flickered or rather where eyes need to be taken place. Her face was blank, but suddenly it flickered red. The woman had nothing in her face, any sort of expression to tell if she is mad or not, if happy or sad or disturbed. She yelled without any obvious mouthing from which Bram did not see how the sound had came out "You... you... you. You are gonna pay, pay, pay. You disturbed me, me , meeeee" She yelled. Bram freaked out and Neill too as he ran for home. That night Bram never returned to home and his lifeless form found in the cemetery, or rather of whatever his true form remained. This event was never forgotten by the locals as the news made on the heading with capital letters. "The dark menace" or "A true story: The dark phenomena(?). Neill was allowed to be adopted somewhere away from his home where he would go to a new residence and college.

Will be going to London on March of the 30th

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2009, 8:14 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I got you down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2009, 12:35 am 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

I'll join! Bio[s] up in a bit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2009, 1:25 pm 
Elf
Elf

-puts hand up- Me!
Can I reserve and Other Side-r person please? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2009, 12:58 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Can I reserve another housemate and an Other Sider? This looks like alot of fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2009, 7:41 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I got y'all down

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2009, 12:08 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Okay, here's my human bio:

Name: Agatha Rittman
Appereance: 5'2", skinny, and pale. She has straight hair that goes down to her mid-back. It was originally blonde, but it's been dyed so many times, it's hard to tell the true color. At the moment it's auburn with dark red streaks. Often wears eye liner, studded belt, spiked bracelets, and dark hoodies.
Personality: strange. a day dreamer, usually layed back. You'd think by her outward appearance that she would be pessimistic, but is actually overly optimistic.
History: Agatha grew up in a big city in Florida. She went to public school for all of elementry and high school. She started homeschooling when she reached highschool. thats when she really started turning weird. Agatha is you typical strange artist/writer/poet. When she reached college, she decided to move to a small town, being tired of the big town, and went to Byrlington.

my other-worlder:

Name: Xavior Endymion
Race: vampire(and NOT the sparkly kind) - Corporeal/Paranormal
Appereance: muscular build, tall, dark black hair with silver streaks, shinning silver-blue eyes.
Pic: http://em-j-akahana.deviantart.com/art/ ... -124658696
History: unknown

Hope this is alright!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2009, 1:45 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Thanks for mentioning the vampire thing, Eru. I forgot to specify that the vampires will be ruled by the rules applied in Buffy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2009, 10:04 am 
Istari
Istari

Gah... couldn't get this up earlier...
EDIT: I forgot... I was Holly Short

Housemate
Name: Sandra (Sandy) Lyse
Appearance: White-blond hair, pale skin, green eyes, short, wisp-thin, wears a lot of pastels
Personality: quiet and bookish, but easily angered
History: Sandy Lyse was born and raised in the south. Her family’s home was an old plantation house, and it was there she was first introduced to ghosts. The house was haunted by the ghosts of a Confederate soldier and his fiancé, who were friendly enough to teach young Sandy about the ways of other-sider.
Sandy came to Byrlington College to study Visual Media Communications and Music, she spent most of her money on tuition, and that is why she is living in the Cromwell house.
Notes: Sandy can only see ghosts if they let her, she has a ghost cat that lives in her bracelet. (the cat is a NPC)

Other-Sider
Name: Corwen Silverwing
Type: Corporeal: Fairy
Appearance: Sometimes appears to be a human in his teens, sometimes appears as a human-sized (5 ft) fairy, and sometimes as a 6-inch-tall fairy. Pale lavender hair, pale skin, plum-colored eyes, when in fairy form has silver wings. Human clothes are usually jeans and a white hoodie. Fairy clothes are a white jacket spun from cobwebs and lavender pants spun from lilies.
Personality: Shy, skittish, but very curious
History: Unknown
Notes: Corwen is slightly insecure as males and lavender don’t really mix, when in human form he gets teased a lot.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2009, 5:31 pm 
Elf
Elf

Adelaide Blackman
('Addie', but only if you want to die, be reincarnated, then die again)
Race: Ghost/Phantom - Paranormal
Appearance: Long, dark brown ringlets, grey eyes, average height.
Personality: There's a lofty, cynical side to her, and she is quite apathetic to most things that ail any living person, because it remind her that she isn't one of them. She possesses a quick wit, and is friendly - just as long as you don't mention how transparent she is.
History: In the early 1560s, a girl died in a 'tragic' accident. Full autobiography out Monday!!!
A few weeks later she woke up, apparently invisible to everyone around her. Putting this down to sheer stubbornness, she resumed a life - of sorts - that was more solitary than before. Later, she found that there was some fun in being ghostly, though she refuses to resort to rattling chains. She just doesn't do cliché.
Notes: As time passed, she found there were the occasional people who saw her. Usually they ran screaming or were passed off as crazies, but she tries to avoid seances, because they're creepy when you're dead.

-dives in, again-
Hope that's alright :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2009, 2:20 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I added another outsider to my list of characters. And I have you all down, we're waiting for Tur now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 6th, 2009, 4:41 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

*bounces in*
could I join? I keep changing my mind, but it does sound very awesome x]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 9th, 2009, 1:40 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I've got you down! And after you have a bio up I think we'll be good to start.