Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2011, 3:05 pm 
Istari
Istari

Elizabeth looked around herself at where she and Cole had been taken. It was a small area, dimly lit and crammed full of trinkets. Had circumstances been different she would have found herself enthralled and tempted to explore, but instead she was terrified. Something other then terror was present however, she realised, something much akin to excitement. Her heart still beat furiously in her chest from her capture and negotiations with the captain and she could still feel the adrenaline pulsing through her veins. So many questions circled in her head, begging to be answered; what was going to happen to them? Were they going to be killed? Perhaps enslaved or press-ganged? Would that be such a terrible thing? Elizabeth had seen the obvious authority that the blonde woman held, who was she? How had she come to be on this ship? Was she a fully fledged pirate? Free to make her own decisions, free to lead her own life? She certainly appeared to be in control of her own affairs. Could such a life be possible for Elizabeth? Could this be the start of something wonderful?

Immediately she chided herself. What thoughts to be having at such a time! People had possibly died in the attack on Port Royal. Was her father alright? Was Will? Would she ever see them again? She was drawn out of her thoughts by Cole's question and she turned to him.

“Because I was afraid of what they would have done to me had they known the truth.” She said quietly, not allowing herself to look him in the eye. She was about to continue but was interrupted by the sound of someone approaching. She looked up to see the blonde woman from earlier walking towards them, something balled up in her arms. Perhaps she would be sympathetic to their cause?

“The captain requests that the two of you dine with us tonight.” She said, her voice hard before turning to Elizabeth. “He also requests you wear this.” Andrea threw the bundle at her and she caught it nimbly before unfolding it to reveal a slightly frayed dress. “Although you may find yourself struggling to adequately fill the bodice.” She continued, her eyes roaming across the younger girl's form cruelly. Elizabeth's eyes widened at the suggestion and found herself glancing down at her chest with a reddening face. There would definitely be no sympathy from this pirate then.

“Well you can tell the captain that we are disinclined to acquiesce to his request.” Elizabeth answered. She was not about to be dressed up like a doll and sat at a table to please her captors. Andrea smiled cruelly again.

“You know you should really learn to let your companion speak for himself, it's quite unbecoming for a maid such as yourself and suggests delusions of grandeur.” Elizabeth swallowed, the way Andrea spoke suggested that she knew the truth. “Now, you either dine with us or you dine with the crew, naked.”

- - - - - - -

“So what is it to be,” Andrea turned to address Cole with interest. “Mister...? She prompted him for his name. The fact that he had remained virtually silent so far either suggested respect for Elizabeth or cowardice.

“I'm curious,” She continued, walking closer to him. “Miss Turner invoked Parley and came aboard with a mind of exactly what she wanted, and yet you seem to have nothing to say. Why is that?” She smirked and gave him a knowing look.

“Overwhelmed perhaps? Or maybe you came aboard with a mind to protect Miss Turner?” She pouted her lips mockingly, her voice sickly sweet. “Is she your sweetheart?” She stepped back again. “Well I must congratulate you on your efforts so far.” She clapped her hands slowly. “You've been quite successful, no?” Her face turned cold again. “I have no patience for time wasters, sir. You will both dine with us.” She turned back to Elizabeth. “And you will be wearing that dress. So you had better start changing, else I'll be forced to get one of the crew to assist you.”

Elizabeth's expression changed to one of horror.

“May I have a moment to myself then? Elizabeth asked, eyeing Cole shyly, her voice almost shaking. Andrea laughed.

“No.” She answered, folding her arms and gesturing to the dress with her head. “Snap to it.”

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 10:17 am 

There was a gleam of satisfaction in Liam's eyes as his face was buried in Guin's auburn hair. A feeling of intense happiness and excitement mastered him, as he held the redhead in his arms. He had felt it before; the thril of the pursuit, the excitement of holding a woman in his arms, and the giddy feeling in his stomach upon proclaiming his affection, but being around Guinevere seemed to have a magnifying effect on his feelings. She made him feel, like no other woman had made him feel before. And he had loved many women, but none special and intriguing as the woman he embraced now.

His characteristic smile appeared once again on his features as he let go of her. "Hmm," he said as if thoughtful, with twinkling eyes. "Yes, your persuading skills are excellent. You ought to keep practising though.." He liked to tease her, to challenge and provoke her as he knew she could take it, she liked it; more than ill-suited gentleness.

Abruptly, Liam looked up, glancing around with raised eyebrows. The sudden silence after the thundering canons was almost deafening. People were still running down the street and fires still roared around them. But obviously the attack had ceased. Further down the street Sam and her companions were still waiting, restless though, as if they could depart any moment. Cairbre was nowhere to be seen...

"We can't loose any more time." Liam said and his eyes rested again on Guin, perfectly aware that she awaited an answer to her provocation. "Like I said, you were pretty convincing," he grinned and purposely paused. "But.." he said, stressing the first word, "eventhough I will go on a quest of adventure and to protect rare beauty, I will not follow orders of anyone but myself."

He studied Guin's face, wondering what she would think of his decision, but whatever her opinion, he was determined. All his life he'd lived by his code to live free and by his own rules. Not even now he was on the brink of altering his life, and to leave all he knew behind, would change his life's creed.

-------

Although the pirates had ceased their attack, Port Royal was still in disarray. People were screaming for help, some wounded, others were weeping over those they had lost. Redcoats now crowded the streets, no longer in pursuit of the pirates, but helping those who were injured and in panic. Amidst of all the chaos a young woman was leaning against the wall of a house. Her long blond curles hung loosely over her shoulder and her fair skin, though filthy with ash and soot, and delicate hands betrayed her noble decent. Next to her a bucket lay forlorn on the ground, as it had been unable to serve its purpose. Lynn Saunders was staring at the house opposite, which had burnt to ashes, and of which the remains of the building still smoldered.

Lynn turned her back from the scene, not as aggrieved as she thought she would be upon loosing all her belongings. She'd not been able to take any of her clothes, jewelry or money, from the room above the tavern, that she'd rented a while back. The thought that they were just items, which could be bought and sold again, prevailed. Her conveniences had reduced, that was all..

The blonde tucked her shawl tighter around her shoulders and headed towards the Port, where she thought the most commanding officers would be occupied now. If she could explain her story, they perhaps could help her..

With firm steps she paced through the streets, occasionally glancing over her shoulder, ready to grab the dagger that was hidden underneath her skirts in any case of alarm. As she neared the harbour, the destruction of the pirates' attack was even more destructive than it had been higher up in town. Dead bodies lay scattered on the roads and even complete buildings had collapsed after being hit by the canon fire. Lynn quickened her pace and as she turned around the corner she almost ran into a man, that was leaning against the stone walls of a house. His eyes were closed, and his hand was bleeding. He did seem to be wounded, yet a look of intense despair and grief was on him, that was pitiable and Lynn stopped in her tracks, hoping she could be of any help.

“Sir, are you hurt? Have you.. lost someone?” The thought that one of the corpses that just lay on the road, uncovered, was his wife or loved one, seemed almost unbearable. Gratitude that she was still alive and well overwhelmed her, but it immediately diminished upon sensing the man’s helplessness. Lynn’s green eyes scanned him inquisitively, when suddenly the man looked up, and Lynn was looking at a familiar face. She was looking at her childhood’s friend, or actually her brother’s friend. A friend who’d disappeared suddenly eleven years ago, without any warning.

“Dear Lord! Cairbre Eagle!” she finally called out loud. The blond felt a surge of nostalgia as she beheld those friendly eyes, under that quizzical brow again. Memories of England and her childhood with her brother, Derek, and his friend welled up, warming her, erasing the bitter thoughts of earlier that evening.

"Don't you recognise me, Cairbre? It's me, Lynn!"

She walked up to him, wanting to embrace him, but stopped herself as Cairbre had not yet uttered a word. "Are you well Cairbre? Are you hurt?" Lynn smiled at him, worriedly but also happy and relieved to finally see a familiar face yet again. "Please, let me help you.."

-------

Sam eyed Everett with a frown, not quite sure whether wanted mock him because of his stiff and shallow attitude as the rich boy ou tof town, or it hit him for commandig his brother as he did. She did neither of those options, since she did not want to make a scene in the middle of the street, where more and more Redcoats appeared.

Glancing at Demarion, she nodded. "You're right. We should leave now." She waved her red curls from her face, craning her neck to check where the other had gone. "Well, not my fault that they've disappeared," she muttered to herself. "They know where we've gone off to.."

The redhead then turned to Everett. "Listen up. I'm done with your complains and remarks. You either turn around and walk out if you don't like our plans, or you're staying, but then you shut the hell up, unless you have something usefull to say. Got it?"

She rolled her eyes but threw Dem an apologizing look as she turned her back on Everett. "So.. Lets go?" And with a last wink to Dem, she started to sprint towards the harbor.

[Is someone interested in taking Will off my hands? I just don't know what to do with him.. :erm: ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 2:21 pm 
Maia
Maia

Guinevere smiled with contentment that matched Liam’s exactly as his face brushed her red locks. Her arms were still wrapped around his neck, a gesture that signified to her that now, he was hers. Her heart thudded wildly as she reflected upon everything that had happened. She toyed with a strand of his black hair, taking a deep breath as she met his embrace with dizzying affection. Guin still could not believe how happy she felt. She’d always sworn to herself never to feel this way about any man, but standing here like this with him felt so right, so absolutely exhilarating. When he let go of her, she gently slipped her arms back, scanning his face with a mischievous smile and a raised eyebrow. She loved the way his eyes twinkled as he teased her. “Oh, believe me,” she replied, her tone completely innocent as her gaze brimmed with expertly restrained laughter, “I intend to keep practicing.”

When he looked up, running his gaze along the street, she watched him, her expression never changing. She was already well attuned to her surroundings, and she knew that they’d have to leave very soon. However, she could not resist lingering here just a little. As Liam looked back at her, she gave a small nod, acknowledging the lack of time. But it seemed that Liam, too, could not resist the opportunity for more of the banter they both enjoyed so much. So great were Guin’s feelings for him that she was willing to indulge him in almost anything – even his added specification that he would follow nobody’s orders but his own. “Trust me,” she said, her voice soft but tinged with excitement, “adventures aplenty await us. Such is the life of piracy.” She let a small pause stretch out, and she reached out a slender hand, laying one fingertip against his cheek. “And of course. Of course, I understand perfectly well that you’re your own man.” Liam followed his own rules, and wished to control his own destiny. These were qualities that she also possessed. Smiling up at him, fondness shone in her eyes. She then leaned forward and whispered in his ear. “But don’t forget. You’re also my man too, now.”

Pulling back, her features were positively shining, and she let out an effervescent laugh. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw that Sam, at the head of her group, was now running off in the direction of the harbour. Turning back towards Liam, she gave him a wink. “Come on then. The fun starts now.” She linked her hand through his and set off in a run, her feet moving at almost lightning speed. The breeze caught her hair as she ran, making it flicker like a banner of flame. She hardly seemed out of breath as she caught up with the other female pirate, still holding Liam’s hand.

“Don’t forget us,” she reminded her, not seeming at all repentant for having made Sam, Demarion and Everett wait about for them. “We’ve got a ship to seize.” Suddenly looking about, she realised that Cairbre was not present. All of a sudden, her heart gave an ominous thud and her smile faded ever so slightly. Where could he have gone? And how could she have missed his disappearance? Guiltily, she acknowledged she’d been somewhat distracted. But she refused to be cast down. She smiled firmly at Liam before addressing Sam, “we’re not making one move to capture the Interceptor until we’ve found Cairbre.” It was a statement of fact, not the start of a dispute.

~~~

“Sir, are you hurt? Have you.. lost someone?” The voice that interrupted Cairbre’s thoughts belonged to a woman, and seemed somewhat familiar, although he could not place it. At the moment, he could not bring himself to be curious. A deep depression still hung over him like a storm cloud. He wanted to forget the sight of Guinevere in Liam’s arms, but it tortured him. He felt utterly miserable, and his wounded hand was in agony. However, slowly, he raised his eyes towards the owner of the voice. Standing before him was a woman with fair hair, stained with soot. His brow furrowed slightly with confusion. Why did she look so familiar? He didn’t know her, and yet she seemed to know him, calling him by his full name.

She stepped closer to him now, asking several questions in a row. It took several moments for Cairbre to realise that in actual fact, he did know her. How long had it been? Eleven years? Lynn Saunders, the younger sister of his childhood friend, Derek. He remembered that Lynn and Rosalind had used to spend time together too, sometimes having tea together. Faced with memories from so long ago, Cairbre shook his head slightly. “Lynn?” he asked, his voice holding traces of confusion. One more moment passed before he finally gathered his composure, and inclined his head, a gesture of formality he’d never been able to rid himself of.

“Yes, of course I recognise you,” he replied, giving a faint smile. His tone sounded somewhat strained, as his pain had not decreased in the slightest. “Derek’s little sister. It’s just been so long.” Looking at her, he saw that she was smiling. He wished he was able to return her friendliness adequately, but he still felt so awful. He glanced at his hand; his knuckles were stained with blood, that was starting to dry. “It’s nothing… I just… injured myself. A foolish accident.” He cleared his throat. It certainly had been foolish, unleashing his frustrations by punching a brick wall.

Her offer of help was kind, but he did not know how to reply to it. He certainly didn’t want to go raising the fact that his profession was now piracy. Despite their connection from the past, Cairbre wondered if she might just hand him in to the redcoats upon realising that he was a criminal in the eyes of the law. It felt horrible, to doubt someone who had once been his friend, but he couldn’t help it. And anyway, he needed to be getting back to Guin. He needed to find her. Never mind that Liam would be at her side. The only thing he cared about was knowing that she was safe.

“Look, Lynn,” Cairbre said finally, with a small smile. Despite his inward concerns and worries, his habitual friendliness was still there in his eyes. “A lot of things have changed about my life since you last knew me. I’m not the son of Lord Eagle anymore… thank the lord.” He took a deep breath. He didn’t like mentioning his father. Struggling to find words, his brow creased even more. How could he explain to her that time was short, and he needed to leave? He could not do this without seeming careless and rude; after all, it had been years since they’d last met. Briefly, he looked down at his blood-stained hand again. He touched a fingertip to one of his knuckles and immediately cringed with pain.

~~~

Guinevere was now at the head of the group, very much seizing authority on the matter of Cairbre’s sudden disappearance. She knew that she was causing delays to their plans, but she didn’t care. To her, Cairbre was essential to any plan. Not only this, but he was her best friend, and she did not intend to lose him any time soon. She rounded a corner, her footsteps swift and decisive. She knew that Cairbre would not disappear without a good reason. What if he’d been hurt? These fears gripped her painfully, but she refused to let it show on her face, which remained a vision of amiable serenity.

Suddenly, Guin stopped dead in her tracks. There he was, standing outside a house – Cairbre was unmistakable, with his tall stature, dark hair and dark attire. A smile crept up on her lips, before she noticed that standing by him was a strange woman. Guin’s initially pleased expression twitched with slight confusion, before she masked it over with her usual friendliness. “Cairbre!” she called out, striding out towards him.

His head turned immediately, and his eyes lit up as he saw her. “Guin,” he said, his voice filled with relief and warmth as she reached him. Anyone with sight could clearly perceive his affection towards her, even if she could not. Cairbre hovered slightly, unsure of how to greet Guin, as Liam was standing behind her. Eventually, deciding he didn’t care how the man reacted, he reached out and took Guin’s hand, giving it a quick squeeze. “I’m sorry I went walkabout. I… I needed to stretch my legs.” He leapt upon the only excuse he could find, and Guin gave a genuine giggle of disbelief.

“Well,” she said, raising her eyebrows. The relief and tenderness between the two was almost tangible. But, instead of allowing the moment to stretch on, Guin quickly turned, very much aware of the scarcity of time, Liam’s presence and also the matter of the unknown woman standing by Cairbre. “Who is this?” she enquired, glad that she did not sound rude, but simply curious. She turned her blue gaze towards Lynn.

Cairbre hurried to explain. “This is Lynn Saunders,” he informed Guin. “I knew her back in England before I came to the Caribbean. She was a sister of one of my friends. We just this minute met in the street, amid the chaos.”

Guin immediately trusted Cairbre’s explanation, without hesitation. She nodded. She knew all about Cairbre’s past in England, and the circumstances that had led him to become a pirate. Almost upon first meeting, Cairbre and Guin had shared secrets they would have trusted no one else with. Cairbre had told Guin about his violent father, and she’d told him about her near brush with a witchcraft trial. However, Lynn remained a stranger to Guin – she didn’t know her or where her loyalties and motives lay. She clearly wasn’t a pirate, and this was something to be wary of.

“We really have to go,” Guin said in a low voice, to Cairbre. She glanced over her shoulder towards Liam, with a small, sweet smile, before darting a look of apology at Sam. She knew that she was delaying the group, but it wasn’t as if the ship they intended to steal was going anywhere. However, they had to move fast, and this meant reaching the harbour as soon as possible.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2011, 9:51 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Edward let out a shuddering sigh, squeezing his eyes shut in hopes that the tears would stop coming. The shock of it all was what kept him sane for the moment - his mother’s death would not set in for a long while yet. He didn’t want to move, even at Eve and Aurora’s pleading, but Vari and his father were still nowhere to be found and he wasn’t about to let them die too. As hard as it was, he somehow managed to pick himself up, removing his overcoat. With a pained look, he placed the dark fabric over her body even though she no longer needed its warmth.

Outside, the sky was turning pitch black, the night progressing and the full moon rising higher in the sky. Daylight had faded an eternity ago, along with any hopes of Port Royal ever being the same.

The dark-haired man turned his back to the doorway, looking at the faces of his companions. Each was different, yet they all held the same emotion - uncertainty. They were leaving this place - a broken sanctuary - to go off in search of a friend and a family member whose fates were unknown. “I realize the risk we’re taking,” he began softly, “but you can still choose to walk away. If you don’t want to be caught up in all this, I’d understand.”

Soren was the first to step forward, almost without a second thought. “We will assist you. Right, Dante?” he turned back to the amber-eyed pirate with imploring eyes. Edward looked to the others, awaiting their reply. He knew that if Soren went, then there was a great chance Dante would too. And A-Rose, being their longtime friend, would probably throw in her lot as well. As for the girl he’d only met, well that was the problem - they’d only known each other for a matter of moments so he was unsure what her reaction would be.

“My father is a boat builder - he knows routes out of Port Royal that even some soldiers have never heard of,” Ed added, in hopes of swaying their decision. Every word was the truth, but it would do no good if his father was dead too. “Perhaps if we find <i>him</i>, he can find <i>us</i> a ship…”

[[I know it’s kinda short, but it gets the point across. I’m really out of Pirates now and it was even a struggle to write this :confused: ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2011, 10:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Here's my Eve section :pirate: )

Eve watched as Edward pulled himself to his feet, taking off his overcoat and covering his mother’s dead body. For a moment she remained still on her knees, crouching amongst the shards of broken glass. She was still visibly shaking; fear still pulsed through her veins, and she felt very cold, having very recently been locked up in a freezing cell. With some effort, she rose to her feet, taking care not to tread on the glass. Edward addressed the group quietly and somberly. Eve took his words in diligently. So, basically, this was the situation: she could walk away if she wanted to. But she had nowhere to go.

She hovered wordlessly as Soren stepped forward and contributed his assistance. Eve fiddled with her tarnished crescent moon pendant, trying to summon words; her mouth felt rather dry. She had fervently implored Edward to let her help him only a few moments ago, but now she felt uncertain of her place here. They were still strangers, and yet she felt an instinctive pull towards him. In all honesty, it made her frightened, the way she trusted him. And she had no other option but to follow him; he had a way out of Port Royal. She could not give up this chance.

Slowly, she stepped forward, her bare feet looking pale and vulnerable as she edged towards the dark-haired man. She cleared her throat slightly. “I’m willing to brave any risk to get away from the port,” she said, quietly, raising her eyes towards him. She drew her arms about her slender frame in an attempt to warm herself up. “I’ve only just escaped from prison, and they’ll kill me if they catch me. So of course I’ll go with you, and help you in whatever way I can.” There was a small pause, before she added, “my name is Eve, by the way.” She gave a small smile. Her fair features were marked with hope. Eve badly wanted to secure her own safety, but as well as this she felt an overwhelming urge to help Edward.

Her slender hands were shaking, even as she now chafed them together. She had no means to warm herself up adequately; no coat, no shawl, no shoes. She felt like a pathetic creature, standing here in her ancient blue gown, unable to stop quivering. She dropped her head for a moment, her blonde hair shielding her face. Pirates weren’t supposed to shake. They were supposed to be brave and fearless. Eve sometimes asked herself how she had ever entered the world of piracy – well, at first it had been the desperation for money. And then the yearning for freedom, to roam the seas had set in, and she’d been unable to pry herself away from the sea air, the liberty to do as she wished. But it had got her clapped in irons. She was free now, though, and she needed to remain free.

Finally raising her head, she timidly looked around at the group. She wanted to help their situation as best she could, so she voiced a suggestion. “There’s a ship in the harbour that’s supposed to be very fast,” she said, shyly. “I think it’s called the Interceptor. My old crew once spoke of it; said there’s not a faster ship in the Caribbean, excepting the Black Pearl.” She paused. “Come to think of it… the man in the cell next to mine spoke about the Pearl. He said it was the ship attacking the fort.” She fell silent, feeling a little foolish. She didn’t usually say so much. Chafing her hands together again, she waited for the others to speak.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2011, 3:33 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Dem took a step back from the two, eyes wide and jovial, as Sam told his brother what was what. A broad grin spread across his face and he devilishly looked over at Everett, a gleam in his eye. “But Everett would think everything he has to say useful.” he snorted, seeing, with some pleasure, that his brother was knocked speechless by her abrupt and fiery words.

Dem, laughingly, followed closely behind Sam, mentally taking note that his brother was still following. Of course he would. He also noticed that the redheaded woman and the other man had reappeared to join them. Adding more to their party would mean less work all the way around so he didn’t mind… although he wasn’t sure how Sam felt since she seemed somewhat hostile to Guin. Especially as the other woman seemed to be very demanding of them, ordering them to help look for a Cairbre fellow.

Everett opened his mouth as if to say something but Dem glanced over before he could whispering mockingly, “if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all. Sam has been known to go quite rabid if pushed, you know.” He didn’t say it entirely joking. Actually he was feeling impatient as well and this constant dawdling for their new comrades didn’t help things.

xxxx

With some doubt, Carmon followed Meg through the streets, shrinking from the lifeless, limp bodies spread on the ground.

Moans and cries escaped from everywhere, like a living nightmare only worse. Carmon lifted her skirts to step over some rubble from a nearby home. She thanked her lucky stars that their home had gone untouched but… where could Cole be? She glanced down at a man with dark hair lying face down in the dirt, not daring to entertain the thought that Cole could be in such a position right now.

Meg easily jumped over some wood and glass. Moving in breeches was much easier than petticoats. And she felt as though she was on a mission... and she loved it. Although she felt a tad guilty that her ambition was more for herself and her own curiosity and excitement than to save Cole.

Some soldiers hurried past them, not taking notice of two citizens in all of the chaos.

Meg halted in the middle of the street as if trying to get her bearings in the turmoil and ruin.

“Where was he riding?”

Carmon shrugged and looked around, wishing to see a familiar face or perhaps their step-father. No, not him. He would scold them most ruthlessly for daring to come out right now. Instead it would be nice to find Cole and go home.

“We can start asking…?” Meg suggested. Carmon didn’t say anything but she doubted that would help. Everyone seemed a little lost and confused right now.

---

After a tad bit of inquiry Carmon and Meg learned that a dark haired lad had been taken onto the pirate ship with Miss Swann. “How awful,” Carmon moaned at the thought of poor Miss Swann.

“No one has seen Cole,” Meg was muttering, “it had to be him!”

“What?” Carmon disbelieved her.

“We must save him!” Meg was insistent and urgent. “Get Uncle Nathan to sail out and overcome that pirate ship! The Black Pearl! He could save the governor’s daughter AND Cole!”

Carmon shook her head, “it doesn’t work like that…” she began saying. They stopped as they saw Governor Swann and Commodore Norrington walking past. The Governor was in a state of shock and obviously distressed. Carm felt terrible for him, learning that his daughter had been kidnapped.

“We must save them.” A fire burned in Meg’s eyes as she witnessed the scene as well.

"No, we must go home. This isn't our place, Margaret," but Carmon didn't make a move to leave.

xxxx

Cole nodded in agreement with Elizabeth’s explanation, it only made sense, of course. However, something more troubled him. He mentally went over the events of the night and the way the pirates had responded to the name “Turner”. What confused him most was that they had almost seemed more excited than if they had learned she was Miss Swann. But why? And why were they still here and what was the value of them if they couldn’t be held at ransom? Vaguely he was reminded of a blacksmith’s apprentice with the name “Turner”… but that was the only person he could think of. Surely, the pirates didn’t know him and if they did… well, what of it?

As he was puzzling this over, the same blonde woman from before entered the small, gloomy room. He stood, as was the gentlemanly thing to do, and waited as the woman addressed Elizabeth. He scowled at the way she talked - “delusions of grandeur” indeed.

As she turned to him, Cole held his head high and set his jaw, denying her his name. He watched as she approached him, observing her closely. She was slightly shorter than he but she held herself proudly - obviously she was quite strong and capable. “Surely, you have heard that curiosity killed the cat, Miss…?” he gave her a questioning, expectant look, demanding a name of her. Two could play this game.

he felt a flush rising up his neck and his blood begin to boil at her taunting. It made him furious. And, yet, in a way, he loved it. He could not deny that meeting a woman who actually had the gall to speak her mind was… thrilling. Nothing dainty and etiquette-filled about her.

“Good lord, woman,” he exclaimed, “summon some small bit of decency which must reside in you somewhere and permit my sister to change in private.” the words were out of his mouth almost before he could think about them. But he decided it was good that he had said them. Claiming Elizabeth as his sister would perhaps help both of them. It could spare her the humiliation of changing right here. He looked down at ‘Drea in a challenging way, gaining confidence as she obviously seemed at least a little surprised by this new discovery. “I came on to help her. To protect her from you filthy swine. Which I am going to do right now,” he reached to take ‘Drea’s arm and boldly made to drag her out of the cabin. His audacious move towards his captor made his adrenaline rush.

[here's an idea I have for Will... ummm, he could have not been knocked out and instead he joins up with Carmon and Meg and they could come across Sam, Guin & Co. and somehow convince them to chase down za Pearl. :yes: perhaps Guin or Sam could know about the "curse" (which they do, I think) and know a turner is needed and... use Will a little like Jack did? Now no one needs to play Will... he could just be godmodded by whoever wants him??? just an idea]

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2011, 3:42 pm 

[ Perhaps we could have Dem, Sam and Everett waiting for Guin & co? They are kind of useless as Guin encounters Lynn and Cairbre anyway. ;)

Oh and PDie, I just adore Dem. He's so cute :P ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2011, 3:49 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

[whatever would work. :yes: I was getting a tad confused with all of the peoples' comings and goings and such anyway. lol

awww, he is, isn't he? :P thanks]

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2011, 5:27 pm 

[ Pan, do you mind if I go ahead and post, since PDie's post was like more than a week ago, and I really don't want this to die.. :erm: ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2011, 11:41 am 

[ Hey guys, I hope that nobody minds if I post. But Goldy and I really want to keep this moving and since my charries do not interact with others anyway.. ;) ]

Lynn’s smile somewhat faded from her lips upon hearing Cairbre’s strained answer. She took a step back, carefully holding back her feelings. Perhaps she’d been too open and thought he her to be untoward. He seemed different; not himself. Even after so many years had passed by, Lynn could sense that something was wrong. Something that caused this man, whom possessed more gentleness than any other man she knew, to be so distraught. It was unlike Cairbre, who was strong and brave, or at least, that he was.

“You injured yourself?” Somehow Lynn couldn’t completely hide teasing tone in her voice yet confusion was on her face. What in the heavens could have made him hurt himself? Wild thoughts crossed her mind, but none could persuade that Cairbre would allow such a conduct. By the minute she felt less confident that he was actually happy to see her, but what this man was up to, when he couldn’t even be happy to greet a friend of old, she couldn’t guess.
“Look, Lynn, a lot of things have changed about my life since you last knew me.” Although his tone was friendly, Lynn could deduct his business-like manner of speaking; his lack of time and interest. Did he think that she was a child still? That she didn’t understand that a lot had happened in the past eleven years? Good Lord, a lot had happened; her life had been more turbulent than she’d wished and wanted to admit.

“Of course, I understand..” Lynn spoke, a warm smile still on her lips. Cairbre’s brow furrowed and he seemed to struggle for words, but she quickly continued. “Many things have changed and I see now that you have other, and more urgent matters on your mind. And I-“

Caibre!

The blonde looked over her shoulder and set her eyes on a red-haired woman, and a group of other people that followed her. Suddenly Caibre’s aggrieved demeanour disappeared and was replaced by a radiant smile on his face. His voice was filled with gentleness and affection as he greeted the redhead, who was seemingly called Guin. Lynn’s smile widened as she watched the two conversed: even a blind man could see that Cairbre Eagle was head over heels in love with the woman next to him. Yet she didn’t miss how the dark-skinned man behind Guin lay a hand on her back, and how she smiled at him.

She gave a small nod to Guin when Cairbre introduced her, yet he lacked to introduce his friends. More and more Lynn came to think it had been a mistake to make a stop here. She felt indignant that Cairbre hadn’t the decency to even exchange a few polite words with her, yet he did have time for a redhead, however in love he was with her. It was soon to be dawn, and she needed to find a commanding officer, before those were on their way again. Her childhood friend was occupied with many matters, which obviously didn’t include her, so could better mind her own problems.

“Yes.. you really should go,” Lynn responded, her tone light as usual, but inside she felt hurt. “Don’t let me keep you.. I was just going anyway..”

----------------

Liam’s body and soul was glowing with something strange, a feeling he hadn’t felt in a long time: happiness. It warmed his limbs, blurred his mind, and made him feel triumphant. She was his now, and he hers. Whatever it meant, it meant that they would be together, even though they had only known each other for such a short time. Liam didn’t believe in destiny or fate, yet the feeling of how right this was and how he was supposed to be where he was, was almost frightening.

He followed Guin, his steps easily matching her pace, his fingers entwined in hers. For a moment he didn’t even care that Guinevere was looking for Cairbre. Well, of course he’d rather had that she forgot about the fellow, he certainly did, but for now it didn’t matter. Nothing seemed to matter, it was all perfect as it was. He wanted to cherish these moments of perfectness, for he was aware that life was treacherous and that luck could slip away without even noticing..

Upon finding Eagle, Liam caught the look of adoration which he cast on Guin, but the latter hardly seemed aware of that. It was almost unbelievable how naïve she was, it was an adorable, yet childish naivety, what didn’t suit her at all. However determined and stubborn she was when it came down to taking leadership or commandeering ships, it seemed that she could not read the signs of her esteemed friend. Yet more interesting to Liam was the girl, who was standing next to Cairbre, seemingly an old acquaintance of his. She looked pretty in the least, yet Liam recognised a familiar look in her green eyes. A gaze of loss. Perhaps even one of despair. Yet Eagle hardly seemed to notice her anymore, it was obvious, even to Liam, that all reduced to simple bystanders to him when Guin appeared.

Not wanting to join their conversation, he lay his hand on Guinevere’s shoulders as to attract her attention. Slowly his hand moved down from her shoulder, to her back, and where it ended on her waist. As she turned around to smile at him and to apologise to Sam, Liam threw her a wicked glance, and then he just took her hand in his, glancing for a moment triumphing at Cairbre,to show him that she was his now, but then faced Guinevere and whispered: “Guin, shouldn’t we help her? It was perhaps more than luck that made her cross our paths. What if she lost her family?”

He realised that now was not the best moment to save helpless women, but he, himself, had often been in trouble, and he could only remember how thankful he had been when there were others to help him out. Unlike Cairbre, he didn’t see the girl as a threat, but more like a fellow-citizen who’d suffered under the hands of some merciless pirates. And if he couldn’t have his revenge, than the least he could do was to help this girl.

His dark eyes looked up at Guin’s. “There will always be ships to steal,” he said quietly. “The chance to do what is good, occur less frequent.”

---------------

“Listen to your brother and be wise,” Sam said to Everett, throwing Dem a playful look. “I indeed may do something which I will regret in the morning..” That coming from a woman who actually never engaged in useless violence was almost laughable, yet Everett didn’t know her, so in the mean time she could amuse herself with frightening him.

“Yes, time is up for Miss Elliot and her party,” she said while looking at the gradually reddening sky. “Come Dem, we have a ship to catch..”

[Sorry that my piece for Sam is so short, but I think we first need the group back together again and comandeer the bloody ship already.. :P The half waiting/already walking away thing is not that inspiring.. ;) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 29th, 2011, 2:30 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

"Of course we'll come with you Edward." Dante said immediately, taking that one step forward that emphasized his words. What kind of friend or pirate would he be if he sat aside and did nothing. He met Soren's eyes for a brief moment before turning his gaze back to Edward awaiting their next step.

A ship was key at this moment and until they found one they were sitting ducks. But before the ship they had to find Varianna. Find a ship and their friend before they could sail away from this chaos...

Aurora-Rose did not speak, she did not need to speak to show where her loyalties lie at the moment. Vari was missing, Edward's heart was breaking, and they were all in danger. She would rather be running around trying to find her friend at the moment but knew that they would have to plan, at least somewhat, before she could run wild.

The last one to say anything was Eve. Aurora-Rose was weary about this blond girl, as was Dante from the look in his eyes. She stood there shaking like a leaf looking fragile and broken. Being the person she was, A-Rose finally did speak up to the new girl of the group. "You need to not be afraid. You've now joined a band of pirates, there is no room for fear." Even though her words were harsh, she did not mean them that way and hopefully the smirk on her lips could show Eve that she meant well.

"I do not think we should split apart, but we have to find Vari and then get a ship..."

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10