Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 7:00 pm 

"No, you're right." Liam answered Cairbre all of the sudden, after holding his mocking glare. He was sick and tired of all the judgements and fighting and it was not even noon yet. Liam wondered how he got himself everytime in situations like these, but apperantly there was something about him which made people quarrel with him.
"You're right." he repeated. "I am nothing more than a common scroundel and probably not even fit for your company." He glanced from Cairbre back Guinevere, on his lips lay a smile smile as he looked at her. "But does that make me that much more unworthy than you?"
He nodded his head formally to Guinevere. "Thanks for the kiss, Miss Elliot." And with a last cold glance at Cairbre, Liam paced back to Port Royal, not listening to any words, not looking back, until he was well into town.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 7:14 pm 
Maia
Maia

“What did he mean, ‘thanks for the kiss’?” Cairbre demanded of Guin incredulously. Guin flushed and looked away from him, rolling her eyes. This was just typical.
“You never learn to keep your mouth shut, do you?” she retorted, finally looking back at him. “Why did you have to say all those things? You will never overcome your pride!”
“I must say I am surprised by the company you keep,” Cairbre said crisply. “He could have been anyone; he could have led you into real danger.”
“Cairbre, you know that I was far more a danger to him than he was to me. He’s not even a pirate.” Grabbing his arm, she marched briskly along the dockyard, forcing him to walk with her. “And now look! He’s gone. With three of us we could have taken the Interceptor far more easily. More fool me, when you came along I thought you could actually help us. But no, you just made the situation worse!”
“What on earth does he matter to you?” Cairbre fumed, fury seeping into his tone, and a hint of resentment, too. Guin did not reply for a good long while, but simply dragged him along, keeping a sharp eye out.

When they were well into Port Royal Guin spotted a man with dark hair pacing the streets. Liam. She recognized him even from such a distance. Hurriedly, she released Cairbre. “Stay there,” she said. “I’m going to try and persuade him to come back.”
“You don’t even like him,” Cairbre said, shaking his head. “I can tell.”
She shrugged. “He annoys me more than any living man on earth. But I’m not going to try and find somebody else to persuade to help me. Goodness knows, it was difficult enough persuading him.”

Leaving Cairbre leaning against a wall, waiting, she sprinted across the street towards Liam, who had obviously not seen them following him. The skirts of her woolen gown swishing as she ran along the cobbled road, she finally reached him, and waylaid him by quickly linking her arm through his to keep him where he was.
“Now that,” she remarked, “was rude.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2010, 2:25 pm 

Liam stopped, not completely surprised, when Guinevere intercepted him on his way. "You are quite insistent, are you?" he asked, quite irritated. "And I was no more rude than your companion has been to me. Not that he will believe me anyway, so stop whining."
He gazed through the bustling street of Port Royal, where merchants where trying to sell there goods, soldiers were passing through and people went on with their busniness, and realised what for odd couple they made: the Lady and the mulatto.
"Now listen Guinevere, -the name was Guinevere, right?-" Liam started with a grin. "I have other things on my mind.. why don't you and your bodyguard go and take that ship and get the hell out of Port Royal. That would make everyone very happy and especially me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2010, 1:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

Guin listened to Liam silently, raising her eyebrows slightly at his dismissive manner. She kept her arm wound around his, and she gave a tiny shrug of her shoulders, smiling dryly. “I don’t think you believe that,” she remarked, her tone matter-of-fact, meeting the curious gazes of passers-by with polite smiles. “This isn’t about me; it’s very much about Cairbre. And besides, if you refuse to help me now that would be breaking our bargain. But perhaps you’ve indulged in a little trickery of your own.”
She walked beside him briskly, her slender hand resting on his sleeve. “I know that Cairbre’s behaviour was inexcusable, and I do apologize. He didn’t have the right to say such things. But he’s harmless,” she continued. “And by the way, he isn’t my bodyguard. I need no one’s protection.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 3:07 pm 

Liam gazed into Guin's blue eyes. "You don't know anything about me." he remarked sharply. Following her example Liam nodded to those who passed by or casually winked at a girk he knew. Turning back to Guinevere, he looked at her, puzzled. His face was inscrutable, except for his mouth; his lips had curved in his usual boyish grin.
"Why do you need me? Mr. Cairbre seemed to have more than enough arguments why he could do the job more properly than I could.." He played along with her show by laying his hand on Guin's pale arm, watching her reaction. Her fair skin seemed to emit light under his tanned hand.
"Besides.." he added, "getting your Mr. Cairbre a ship was not our bargain.."

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 10:23 pm 
Istari
Istari

I'll post for Jack when it gets to the part about rescuing Lizzie.]

Andrea sat up with a jolt, the sheets of her small cot tangled and entwined around her legs, hair bushy and distressed hanging around her face, her breath shallow and sharp and her chest heaving. She tried desperately to calm herself down and gather her thoughts, but it wasn't easy. Images of her nightmare flashed in her mind, smoke and flame, a panicking horse, rearing up on it's hind legs, screams and pleas for help, the feeling of sheer panic. She brought a shaking hand up to her head and rubbed her face. This was the reason she tried not to sleep.

She walked over to a bucket of cold water and splashed her face in an attempted to wake herself up. A cold draft caught her bare legs, causing her to reach for her discarded breeches and boots, then grabbed her overbust corset and fastened it in place. She then had a thought and reached under her cot for a wooden box and opened it, revealing it to be full of thick envelopes. She opened one of the envelopes, pulled out the letter that was concealed inside and began to read. It was from her uncle Caleb, filled with many stories of their family and hopes to see her soon. It made her smile to read about the trouble her cousins were getting into, but it also made her wish to be be free of the awful curse and to return home. She decided then and there that she would write them a letter. She fished around for some blank paper but there was none to be found. She decided to borrow some from the captain's cabin, hoping he would be asleep.
Five minutes later she was outside Barbossa's cabin. She opened the door quietly and slid in, to her relief the main room that held the grand table was empty. She closed the door behind her and headed for the dresser, pulling out a draw and grabbing some paper, a quill and a ink well before settling herself down at the table and began to write.

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 12th, 2010, 3:28 pm 
Maia
Maia

“And you don’t know anything about me,” Guin retorted, smiling back at Liam, completely at ease. She glanced away from him, her step graceful as she walked along the street with him. “So don’t think you’re individual in your ambiguity.” She listened to him continue speaking, and she appeared quite unconcerned. As he lay his hand on her arm, she did not so much as turn a hair; she knew that it would please him if he thought that he was making her uncomfortable. “Ah, the bargain,” she finally said. “I agree, it wasn’t part of our agreement that you would find Cairbre a ship. But where in our bargain did you state that once you had found me a ship, I would not be allowed to bring whomsoever I wish on board? Such a declaration was never mentioned.”
She shrugged, turning her gaze towards him again. Her blue eyes gleamed. “But, I digress. Mr. Cairbre, as you call him, may well have other plans. Where I go he does not always necessarily follow, you know.” Her tone hinted a little at laughter. Her expression became a little more thoughtful for a moment, as if a thought had occurred to her. After a moment, a small smile turned up the corners of her mouth. “You know… anyone would think that you two were jealous of one another.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2010, 5:24 pm 

Liam suddenly stopped walking and took his hand off her arm. "You're right. And you know what?" he spoke, irritated by her insinuation. "I do not want to know anything about you. I will not be tempted to help and risk my life for a capricious woman and a bully, who will only treat me as his boy."
Liam paused for a moment, taking a few heavy breaths. His dark eyes glistered as he spoke and his voice was soft, but sharp, like the edge of a knife. "Lord knows why I would be jealous of that man with his gift for treating people kindly.."

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2010, 5:45 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Hooray for Liavere!)

Guin was taken aback as Liam dropped his hand from her arm. Her eyes lit up with a fierce flame, and her smile dropped from her face. Her anger illuminated her features like a light. “Oh, I beg to differ,” she retorted. “From the first moment I saw you I knew that you wanted to know everything about me. That’s why you decided to help me, and that’s why you named a kiss from me as your reward for helping me.” She folded her arms and glared at him. “And if you had any sense you wouldn’t take Cairbre’s manner so much to heart – it’s only bluster.”
Regarding him as he spoke his next words, Guin gave a short laugh. “You’re jealous of him because of me. I recognise two men competing when I see them. Do you think me a complete and utter fool?” Pausing, she took a moment to calm down. It was never wise to lose her temper; she usually behaved with so much control, and whenever she did have an outburst of anger, nothing good ever came out of it.
Closing her eyes for a moment, she took an intake of breath and counted to five. When she opened them, she shook her head wearily. “Do you think I care what he thinks of you? Surely what matters is what I think? I asked for your help, not his.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2010, 8:01 pm 

"As I already said Madam," Liam replied coldly. "It's not all about you. I'm also considering my own thoughts and conscious, which tells me that I can't guarantee that Mr Cairbre remains unharmed when he keeps up his present behaviour around me."
Liam looked at the woman in front of him, who was obviously not letting him leave. She seemed to need his help desperately, for else she would not have condescended herself in such a way to ask him to return. On the other hand did Guinevere, eventhough she was pretty, annoy him enormously with her self-centeredness and her stubborness and then had he not even considered her friend.
At last he spoke again: "I'm a man of my word Miss Guinevere, and I'll keep myself to it. But this is my final warning." His tone became threatening and his eyes narrowed. "That man will not mind our business nor come anywhere near me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 11:30 am 
Maia
Maia

“Do you hate him so very much?” Guin demanded. She seemed to have calmed down, and now her tone was very different from her previous fiery blaze. She had regained her usual composure. “Heavens above, your pride seems to have taken a grievous knock.” She paused for a moment, thinking. She was sick to the back teeth of men and their petty feuds. It all seemed just like some contest; who was the biggest, the strongest, the nastiest. At this moment if Cairbre had been present she could have hit him for making Liam this angry, for Liam seemed just as stubborn as Guin was, and that did not bode well at all.
She noted how artfully Liam had dodged most of what she had said. She unfolded her arms and shrugged, taking a step towards him, facing him like a man would face another man; fearlessly, defiantly. “I wonder if it was the things he said to you that infuriated you so much or just the simple fact that he is a friend of mine? You can accuse me of being self-centered, but I’m not blind. Well, you’ve named your demand. You won’t have him anywhere near you. Fine.”
Her tone was every bit as threatening as his; she did not back down at all. It was infuriating how much his determination reminded her of her own.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 5:37 pm 

Liam took abruptly another step closer to Guin, his eyes flared as he was taken by anger which she had kindled. "Yes, I do dislike this man very much." He spoke soft and quickly, frustrated by Guinevere's lack of understanding. "Considering the shouts and behaviour I have to put up with day after day, there's almost no pride left at all, so excuse me, for protecting it and avoiding such people."
He exhaled deeply and ran with his hand through his hair, trying to calm down. Even if he had to work with this woman, he couldn't afford himself an heart attack. He ignored her suggestion and cast his eyes to the heavens, wondering whether this woman thought that all men were actually fighting over her and loving her.
Liam's usual grin had appeared on his face again and he said: "Well, I do think it's quite cozy right now.. but lets go somewhere else do discuss our plan.."

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 6:25 pm 
Maia
Maia

Guin listened to Liam’s words silently, unflinching as he stepped closer towards her. A slight shadow fell over her face as he mentioned the treatment he received which was obviously commonplace; it hinted at a daily abuse that he could do nothing about, that was hurled at him simply because of being himself. Guin, of all people, knew how that felt. At only twenty years old she had been accused of being a witch, without foundation or proof, because she had managed to escape an unwanted marriage through her husband-to-be’s unexpected death. She had been an easy target. She would never forget how she had been treated, the names she had been called, back when her name had been Amy, and she had been a rich young noblewoman.
“I know how it feels to be unjustly treated,” she said, and her voice was very low. “Believe me when I say that.”
But when a grin lit up Liam’s face and he was transformed back into his usually disrespectful self, her eyes flared with irritation and the shadow was gone.
“There is a tavern down the road,” she replied. “I wouldn’t mind a glass of wine while we converse. You, of course, will behave impeccably, like a gentleman.” It sounded like an order; it was obvious that his current behaviour did not meet with her standards at all. She reached out and brushed a speck of dust off the collar of his shirt, and stepped back. Her expression was as serene as that of an angel, but her gaze seemed to flicker with flame; she was obviously still irritated at him.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2010, 7:52 am 

Upon listening to Guinevere's reply, Liam wondered whether she'd been caught for piracy and if she really thought it to be unjustified therefor to be treated differently. For a moment, he was inflamed anger when he thought of how little pirates were brought to trial and that still many escaped their punishment. Liam then fully realised that he was helping a pirate, woman or not. Had Guinevere ever killed innocent people? Or taken treasures that did not belong to her? Was she so different from the plundering and killing vermin? He looked up at the woman and her seemingly innocent appearance, he shruged off his thoughts; not being the worrying type. He just took chances when they presented itself and when it would benefit him.
He noticed her change of mood. His playful smile broadened; he just loved to irritate that her.
Together they walked down the road and entered a small, stuffy inn. Although it was quite early in the day, the inn was quite full, which was probably caused by today's ceremony, giving the people enough reason to get together and gossip about it.
"I know this place.." Liam stated while looking over to the bar. "Played some cards here with a cousin a fortnight ago. Well, I think you'll just have to be a good gentlewoman for now and get the wine. I still owe the innkeeper a good deal of money which I can't repay now." And with a wink Liam left Guin in the crowd. "I will get us a table. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2010, 7:10 pm 
Maia
Maia

As Liam went to find a table in the crowded inn, Guin approached the bar. The stuffiness of the tavern did not bother her at all; she was used to the claustrophobic atmosphere. Those in the piratical profession went to inns like this often to plot, and drink, and gamble away their wealth. Guin had never indulged in such drunkenness and wastefulness herself; she kept to one glass of wine and absolutely no squandering of what she had earned. For she earned every bit of wealth that came her way; each treasure that came to her had been the reward of a carefully planned heist, considered to the tiniest detail. Guin liked to know that every bit of a plan was perfect, so there could be no question of failure.
The innkeeper had his back turned to her, and she tapped one hand on the bar surface. When he turned round with a surly look she smiled radiantly. “One glass of wine and a mug of ale,” she said. The man shrugged and nodded his head at a small clump of customers.
“Got plenty of others to serve,” he said gruffly. “You’ll have to wait, miss.”
Guin reached into her pocket calmly and removed a coin, placing it on the bar. The gleam of the money changed the man’s attitude instantly, and he smiled. “Glass of wine and mug of ale coming right up,” he said.
When he had served the drinks Guin took them and glanced around for Liam. She saw him at a small corner table and carried the drinks over. She placed the ale in front of him and seated herself.
“There you go,” she said, taking a sip of her wine. She looked over the brim of the glass and smiled. “You know, it’s never a good idea to get into debt,” she added, referring to Liam’s comment about owing the innkeeper money. Her tone was not unpleasant, and her eyes glittered. Placing her glass back on the table, she wondered briefly if Liam really knew what he was getting involved with; he had agreed to help her commandeer a ship, no less. Guin was experienced in such matters and had never once failed in anything she had set her mind to. It might have been a worrying thought, that he was not a pirate and therefore would be less able to help her; but Guin knew that his determination, however much it irritated her, could be a useful aid.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2010, 9:23 pm 

Liam took a gulp of his ale and just looked at Guinevere for a moment, deciding whether to reply to her comment. He disliked people who were minding his business but Guin's advice, however friendly meant, had sounded like patronization, which was another thing that he did not take well.
"I am a man of changing fortune, Miss Guinevere." Liam said indifferently with a light shrug of his shoulders. "A man in and out of jobs.. And I mean to enjoy my days of good fortune for they pass quickly." Taking another sip, he glanced at the bar and a slight smirk appeared on Liam's tanned face. He knew this greedy innkeeper and his gossiping wife. They'd ignored him and a mate for a complete night when he'd gone there for a drink one day, and sworn from that day on never to pay the man again. The wife, however, had used her artful skill of dishing dirt and created him a name and an image, which was now well-known in town. But Liam did not care, he was quite past caring what people thought of him. "He will be repaid- eventually." he added with a grin. "When a new opportunity arrives to better fortune."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next