Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Star Trek: The Last Generation ((Starting))
PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 9:35 pm 
Maia
Maia

<center>The year is 2450. The Federation is going strong still, though our story has very little to do with matters of diplomacy, expansion, and exploration. Our story begins a bit closer to home, on the campus of San Francisco, California. For everyone knows that before a young Captain can boldly go where none have gone before him, he must first go to a place all have left in their wake.

Welcome to Starfleet Academy, Cadet.

Image</center>

Rules and Regulations.
1) Please do not God Mode. That being said, the excuse that your character is not necessarily God-powering his or her self is just that awesome, being part Vulcan, part Klingon, part Romulan, and somehow still attractive for it because his/her grand mother is Orion will not be tolerated.
2) Please refrain from using obscenities or including questionable content in your posts.
3) There is a strict no-technobabble rule, meaning that you must not equip your cadet with enough technological goodies that the exact purpose and composition of said gadgets would confuse even Scotty and Geordi.
4) Having a character related to a Star Trek canon character is perfectly acceptable, if not encouraged. Just remember to check your dates accordingly.
5) Have fun, and try to post regularly.

Character Profile.
Please use the following template as a guideline for creating characters. The character’s <a href="http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Starfleet_Academy_majors">major</a> must be included, even if another template is used.
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]                 
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]DOB:[/b]
[b]Place of birth:[/b]
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Other facial features/details:[/b]
[b]Dress (Style, colors):[/b]
[b]Description of home: [/b]
[b]Dominant character trait:[/b]
[b]Secondary character trait (contrasting to dominant):[/b]
[b]Family:[/b]
[b]Basic nature:[/b]
[b]Ambitions: [/b]
[b]Educational background:[b]
[b]Starfleet Major:[/b]

Characters
Haley W. Tarcher (myself, Alexander)
Minkaya Chekov (Nienna of Rohan)
Nyx Ajax Myxini (Annabel Lee)
Rosaline 'Roza'/'Bubbles' Lea-Gregory (Nienna of Rohan)
Jackson Orlane (myself, Alexander)
Enan Shelby Rosco (Annabel Lee)
Alannah McIntyre (Nienna of Rohan)

<center>“Envy consists in seeing things never in themselves, but only in their relations. If you desire glory, you may envy Napoleon, but Napoleon envied Caesar, Caesar envied Alexander, and Alexander, I daresay, envied Hercules, who never existed.”
at one point, I was alejandrah.

Last edited by Envied Alexander on January 3rd, 2010, 12:51 am, edited 12 times in total.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 9:44 pm 
Maia
Maia

My character, Haley Tarcher's, bio.

Name: Haley W. Tarcher
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 190 lbs
DOB: March 27, 2431 (Aries)
Place of birth: Kamloops, BC, Canada
Hair: Ruddy reddish/brown, curly
Eyes: Brown
Other facial features/details: Freckles, large smile, muscled, arge ears, straight nose, strong jaw, farmer’s tan, tattoo of pin-up Bettie Page on his right shoulder blade.
Dress (Style, colors): Casual dress is common for Haley. He likes wearing sweatpants and t-shirts whenever possible, but also knows how to dress it up. Often seen in his Starfleet uniform, since that’s what is required. Particularly fond of his jammies and swim trunks in his downtime around his dorm.
Description of home: Haley grew up in a large house in the Highlands of Lincoln, Nebraska.
Dominant character trait: Determination.
Secondary character trait (contrasting to dominant): Insecurity.
Family: Biological parents: Savannah Hamilton
Adoptive parents: Paul and Deborah Tarcher
Siblings: Kimberly Tarcher Dansby, Eric Tarcher, Frankie Hamilton (biological)
Other: Jason Dansby (brother-in-law), Sophie Dansby (niece), Nevaeh Dansby (niece),
Colin Dansby (nephew)
Basic nature: In general, Haley is a peaceful, go-with-the-flow type of personality.
Ambitions: To become a Starfleet captain has always been Haley’s greatest ambition.
Educational background: Haley is a graduate of North Star High School in Lincoln, NE, where he graduated by the hairs on his chin from the Science, Engineering, and Technology Academy of the school.
Starfleet Major: Engineering

<center>“Envy consists in seeing things never in themselves, but only in their relations. If you desire glory, you may envy Napoleon, but Napoleon envied Caesar, Caesar envied Alexander, and Alexander, I daresay, envied Hercules, who never existed.”

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 1:08 am 
Maia
Maia

Quick question, I kinda want my character to be somehow related to Pavel Chekov. Except...I'm not exactly sure how, considering he's a good 2 centuries older. Could I possibly make her like a great-great-great-granddaughter to him, and for her to have some traits like his accent and intelligence?

Name: Minkaya Chekova
Height: 5'9
Weight: Unknown
DOB: September 9th 2430 (Virgo)
Place of birth: Russia
Hair: Dark Brown, shortish and curly
Eyes: Dark Brown
Other facial features/details: She's got this smile and enthusiasim for learning. Minka's not too broad, or thin, for that matter, but just the right size, and very fit and pretty too.
Dress (Style, colors): She is very casual, seen often in a colorful t-shirt with a loose, white 'dress' shirt over top and a pair of yogapants. That is, whenever she's not wearing the reqiuered uniform for Starfleet.
Description of home: Minka was born in Russia.
Dominant character trait: very energetic, happy, smart.
Secondary character trait (contrasting to dominant): quiet, and shy at times
Family: Yury Chekov, Adriana Petrova. She is also a many time great-granddaughter of the Navigator of the U.S.S Enterprise, Ensign Pavel A. Chekov, under Captain James T. Kirk.
Basic nature: Minka is energetic and happy. She is also considered funny by her friends, considering her accent.
Ambitions: Her main Ambition, is to become a Navigator on the best Starship there is, just like her ancestor Pavel Chekov.
Educational background: Minka was a very successful student in Science and Mathematics.
Starfleet Major: Advanced Theoretical Physics

Last edited by Nienna of Rohan on January 1st, 2010, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 1:24 am 
Maia
Maia

I am very happy to see that someone has joined!! I will add Minka Chekov to the list :)

It is perfectly acceptable that Minka be related to Chekov, and she can be related in anyway you so desire. A many times great grand child, many times great niece, you name it. The reason I placed this RP in the 2400's was so that there would be room to manipulate and play to make things how we wished without disrupting that blasted timeline. I was actually hoping to come up with a crew of Cadets related to existing Starfleeters.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 7:47 am 
Istari
Istari

NAME: Nyx Ajax Myxini AGE: 18

HEIGHT: 5'11" WEIGHT: 165

BIRTH DATE: June 16th 2432 (Gemini & ready for this... Fig tree)
HAIR: Dark Brown & curly, keeps is short but not too short to see that his hair is curly
EYES: deep brown BIRTHPLACE: Xanthi, Thrace, Greece

OTHER FACIAL FEATURES/OTHER APPEARANCE DETAILS: Olive skin, Ears stick out a little, has a rather wide nose, cheeks dimple in creases when he smiles
Has a fist sized blue, birthmark on his lower back(where Dimples of Venus would be located)

DRESS (Style, colors):
Wears alot of button-down, long sleeve shirts, and fitted jeans. Likes dark, cool colors( blues, greens and of course black)

DESCRIPTION OF HOME:
Lived in one of the low-tech, classical Greek homes that occupied alot of the 21st century Greek postcards. House occupied a lot right next to the beach, so most of the living was done outside rather than in the house.

DOMINANT CHARACTER TRAIT:
Complacent- he's very pleased and smug with what he has done and what he can do.

SECONDARY CHARACTER TRAIT:
Frank- Will tell people exactly what he thinks about them or about a situation
but at the same time:
Discreet- Doesn't like to reveal alot about his personal life to people.

FAMILY: Mother- Amelia Myxini- Part Alien, reason for Nyx's blue birthmark(s). Rather sweet woman but Nyx really doesn't know her all that well
Father- Anatole Feodore Myxini- Equivalent to a modern day pharmaceutical researcher. Pushed Nyx to always give 367% (at least) in his pursuits. Even with this, him and his father have a really good relationship
Younger Sister- Echo Selene Myxini- 3 years old and Nyx's favorite person in the world. He always has a picture of her with him....somewhere on his person.

Basic nature:
Pretty laid back, about most stuff but somethings really gets under his skin.
He's independent from others.
Spontaneous.

Ambitions: He's spontaneous (as stated before) his ambitions change often, but one thing that has remained the same is that he really truly does want to be a medical officer but didn't qualify for the major because his grades weren't good enough.

Educational background:
Went through all years of school (once, I must add). Wasn't top of his class, but if he wasn't so laid back about school work he could have been.
Did well in his core classes but excelled in more hands on and practical courses.

Habits(I add this :P):
Always has money on his person, but in a different place everyday of the week
Will randomly start to recite lines of literature in completely random languages.
Sings when he walks down corridors (and he has a good voice even though he can't remember the word's half the time)
Starfleet Major: Engineering

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 1:46 pm 
Maia
Maia

Alright, Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 2:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

Alright we will wait just a bit longer to see who joins then start so that the RP does not die. Not to say we won't be allowing more to join after we start, just to say I have dug a bit and seen that the Star Trek RPGs sometimes don't last too long.

May the RP live long and prosper without ever accumulating a whole page of bumps.

And please join, whoever you are reading this.

Last edited by Envied Alexander on January 1st, 2010, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 3:49 pm 
Istari
Istari

Sounds good to me! I'll be waiting XD

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 4:08 pm 
Maia
Maia

Me too. shame about the other Star Trek RpGs as well. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 4:14 pm 
Maia
Maia

Well, Nienna, Annabel and I are quite dedicated to this RP (we have been working on characters for days now) so I would like to think the two of us won't allow it to die easily, even if it is just the three of us posting back and forth in order :)

Also, if there is a lack of others to join us, I'm not opposed to picking up a few side characters myself to 'pad' the student population. Can't have an Academy of three!

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 5:27 pm 
Maia
Maia

I'm also eager to support maybe 2 or 3 other Star Trek Charries.

I've got another charrie here:

Name: Rosaline 'Roza'/'Bubbles' Lea-Gregory
Race: Human
Appearance: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k191/ ... e1679b.jpg
Studying: Advanced hand to Hand Combat, Temporal Mechanics, Survival Stratagies, Interspecies Ethics and Protocol,(Any other courses that she's taking will be revealed in Rp)
Majoring: Xenolinguistics/Engineering
Other Info: Is Bubbly, loves Roses, hence her Nicknames Roza and Bubbles. Roza seems and is quite dreamy, all the time, her mind is mostly always focused elsewhere. Roza also has 6 brothers. She loves anything that has to do with engineering and languages, also loves Fencing and Hand To Hand Combat.

Last edited by Nienna of Rohan on January 2nd, 2010, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 6:00 pm 
Maia
Maia

Excellent! I'll add Bubbles to the list. I've discussed taking on additional characters with Annabel, as well, and she will be posting a second (and maybe third, she confuses me) bio shortly. I myself will be adding a second bio to this post momentarily with an edit and will begin writing a 'starter' post so we have something to work with!

EDIT: Here is the bio for my second character, Jackson Orlane.

Name: Jackson Orlane
Height: 6'
Weight: 170 lbs
DOB: February 20, 2432 (Pisces)
Place of birth: Montgomery, AL
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Other facial features/details: Keeps a little beard, dimples, a bit muscled but lanky, heavy eyebrows, tired eyes, eye bags, crooked nose.
Dress (Style, colors): Jeans and a collared button down are among his common clothes… keep it classy, he says. Is very adverse to shoes. More commonly seen in his Starfleet uniform.
Description of home: A large plantation-style home built to the outside of Montgomery, AL, when on-planet.
Dominant character trait: Reactive
Secondary character trait (contrasting to dominant): Indecisive
Family: Parents: Fleet Captain Cyrus Orlane and Lieutenant Juliana Dove-Orlane
Siblings: Isaac Orlane, Thomas Orlane, Allison Orlane
Other: Melanie Dove (aunt), Caroline Dove (cousin)
Basic nature: Jackson is highly indecisive with a strong tendency toward being a worrywart.
Educational background: He grew up for the most part with his parents on the USS Argo where his father was Captain and was tutored there.
Starfleet Major: Engineering, also minoring in Advanced Theoretical Physics

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2010, 8:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

Here's Another one of my male characters Enan:

Name: Enan Shelby Rosco
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 163lbs.
DOB: October 13 2431
Place of birth: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Hair: Light brown, Straight, layered cut that just screams 'I could be curly if I wanted to be'
Eyes: Lighter blue with a darker blue ring around the iris. Eyes surrounded by heavy lids, and topped with thick(yet managed) eyebrows
Other facial features/details: Has a very strong jaw line, his cheeks are a little gaunt, triangle shaped nose, Thin body, wide shoulders, "Guitarist arms", strong hands.
Description of home: Dysfunctional, small home with less rooms than there were people. Enan tried to get out of the house as much as possible.
Dominant character trait: Tentative
Secondary character trait (contrasting to dominant): Impetuous
Family: Mother: Jane Illiya Beech (34y/o) Step-Father: Noah Carter Beech (24y/o)
Half-sister: Claire Sofie Beech(1 1/2 y/o)
Biological Sister: Logan Marie Rosco (17 y/o) Father: Zachary Henry Rosco (35 y/o)
Basic nature: Untrusting so he hides himself under a tough outershell [i.e Wolverine]
Ambitions: Really wants to get his full sister away from the home he grew up in (wants a better life for her)
To get as far away from home as possible
Educational background: Started out in a ghetto, inner city school but at a teacher's request after figuring out how bright enan was at Math and math based sciences, he was transferred to a type of 'magnet' school where he graduated in the top portion of his class and the top student geared towards Advanced Science with a strong mathematical mind.
Starfleet Major: Advanced Theoretical Physics minor in Zoology

EDIT: Another character to add to the hoopla

Name: Logan Chloe Aleksander
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 115lbs
DOB:January 25, 2433
Place of birth:Kyiv, Ukraine
Hair: Brown, thick, wavy, swoop bangs, back length.
Eyes:light green and 'doe eyed'
Other facial features/details: Very prominent cheekbones , has a natural flush to her cheeks and very long thick eyelashes, heart shaped lips, has freckles all over her body but not on her face.
Dress (Style, colors): Wears alot of tights and stockings with skirts and heels when off duty.
Description of home: Large, full of art and animals. Logan ruled the roost in her home since she was an only child.
Dominant character trait: Responsible- always takes care of what is assigned to her or asked of her.
Secondary character trait (contrasting to dominant): Foolish- Even though she is responsible, she doesn't always do what is right.
Family: mother- Lillian Aleksander- Jewish Israli
father-Piotr Sasha Aleksander- owns a large chain of art galleries throughout the Ukraine and into Russia
Basic nature: She is a sweet soul. She really doesn't care what people think about her.
Ambitions: Wants to get into a stable relationship....
(more later)
Educational background:[b] Top of her class. Period. Shes a smarty pants, but that hurts her in other areas of her life.
[b]Starfleet Major:
Xenolinguistics

Last edited by Annabel Lee on January 3rd, 2010, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2010, 8:37 pm 
Maia
Maia

Oh wow, Annabel. Wolverine... this is why I love you.

Right-o. This puts our total character count up to six currently, and as Annabel knows and I am now informing you, Nienna, I have several more characters who I can adequately toss in here or there for background noise without letting them take over the plot.

I will now return to writing that starter, at which point we can get this off the ground!

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 12:25 am 
Maia
Maia

Mind if I quickly squeeze in a third? or no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 12:39 am 
Maia
Maia

Nope, let's have it :D I'm all for more characters, even after the start. Which I have officially written. It's quite a doozy at roughly four paragraphs, but that's only because it's the starter. I was going to post it right now, but I believe I'll wait until you post that third bio, and maybe launch in a third for myself as well.

Profile           YIM