Maia
Maia

Name: Alannah McIntyre
Height: 5'9"
DOB: April 11th 1931
Place of birth: Derry, Ireland
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Sky Blue
Other facial features/details: long, and often curled, eyelashes, she does enjoy fencing, and is proudly part of the European's Swordsmanship club.
Dress (Style, colors): She does enjoy her sweats, and tank-tops and sweaters whenever not wearing Star-Fleet Uniform
Description of home: She lives in a small house, in Derry, Ireland with her family, which is quite nice, and often filled with many different photos of landscapes, and such.
Dominant Character Trait: quiet, shy
Secondary character trait (contrasting to dominant): Stubborn, and fierce
Family: Paul McIntyre(Father), Zara McIntyre(Mother), Damian McIntyre(Brother, age 20), Rebecca McIntyre(Sister, age 22)
Basic nature: Shy, intelligent, but stubborn and fierce. She also enjoys singing, but is rarely heard doing it as she shuts herself in her room when she does so.
Ambitions: Her main ambition is just to learn as many languages as she can and fun while doing it.
Starfleet Major: Xenolinguistics

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 12:50 am 
Maia
Maia

((Excellent! That was much faster than I anticipated. I'll just get right on to posting my doozy now. And apology upfront... sorry he seems full of himself. He's insecure deep down... honest *rolls eyes*))

The dorm room was looking horribly sparse this year Haley decided, dropping his new uniforms and belongings haphazardly on the bed. His roommate had graduated, leaving Starfleet with the ample opportunity to assign someone new to his living quarters. He hadn’t checked the books to see what he would be getting because he didn’t want to spoil the fun. Still, he was sad as he glanced across the small white-walled room to where Cadet, no, Ensign Hampton Skipper had been keeping quarters. His former roommate was now considered an official officer, if only in the most junior grade, and had since been assigned to the USS Brigantine. He was going to miss Hamp. He could see that now as he stared plainly at the empty side of the room.

He looked back down at his new uniforms. They were new not because the school had changed the dress code between his freshman and sophomore years in Starfleet, but because he had grown again, upping his previously tall height to a gargantuan 6’3”. He made an imposing figure, one of the tallest plain humans in his class and one of the most muscled. If there was one thing Haley could credit to his name, it was that physically speaking, he was dominant over his peers. It wasn’t much to speak about in an organization that endorsed mental abilities over physical prowess, but at least it was something at which he could be best.

With one final despairing look at the room that seemed so empty, Haley left the dorm room with his uniforms and items still sprawled out across his bed, spilling over the surface and onto the floor. The cadet was not prone to liking the feeling of alone, and he certainly didn’t enjoy having the dorm to himself, if even for a little while not permanently. He would go back later and finish putting away his things, when his roommate had checked in. Until then…

Haley exited the building out into the sunny grounds of Starfleet Academy. Already, there were cadets from all corners of the Federation milling about. Most were at least semi-familiar faces (you would never know every cadet in your class, let alone the whole Academy) but there were several who stuck out as clearly being Freshmen. He chuckled as a poor Orion girl from some of his basic engineering classes the year before was swarmed by a small crew of Freshmen males. Hopefully, she would get that pheromone depressant soon and she wouldn’t have that problem anymore. All smiles, Haley joined the crowds, swaggering about like a rather drunken peacock. Once again he made an intimidating figure, and he decided somewhere in the back of his mind that any of the new cadets that were actually brave enough to speak to him would immediately be in his good books.

<center>“Envy consists in seeing things never in themselves, but only in their relations. If you desire glory, you may envy Napoleon, but Napoleon envied Caesar, Caesar envied Alexander, and Alexander, I daresay, envied Hercules, who never existed.”
at one point, I was alejandrah.

Last edited by Envied Alexander on January 3rd, 2010, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 1:15 am 
Istari
Istari

Nyx must have looked like a hobo as he crossed the grounds of Starfleet Academy . He had a rather large duffel bag over one shoulder and a heavy duty canvas bag over the other. The duffel was filled with his clothing, reading materials and Mama's care package. The canvas bag however had odds and ends that were mainly rolled up posters and a large woven rug.

He hadn't shaved in a few days and his hair was a little longer than he normally wore it. He was wearing a large pair of mirrored aviators to hide an outbreak of the blue rash he got when apprehensive.
When he saw it in the mirror that morning all he could think was, "Oh, great. Thanks mother."

He busted through the doors of, what he hoped was his living quarters, and looked around. Obviously one bed was occupied. the sheets looked like they had been slept on and the occupant hadn't taken the proper time to make the bed in a while. Along with the random stuff jumbled around it.

Nyx threw his duffel on the ground next to the bed, tossed the bright blue, green, and yellow rug on the floor, and started to unravel poster and attach them to the rather bland walls.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 5:08 pm 
Maia
Maia

Minkaya Chekova.

Age 18.

Russian.

Pretty, but shy. Hmm.

She looked up and around at her living quarters curiously. 'It Looks fine' She decided with a sigh. Neat and tidy. She had unpacked rather quickly. Must be the excitement.

'Alright....Time to explore..." she thought to herself as she wandered out onto the grounds, passing a boy with a duffel bag and a heavy duty canvas bag, several trees and an Orion. She then turned her attention to one of the boys swarming the Orion, and grinned. She walked up to him, managed an even broader smile, and said, "Hi. Having fun?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 6:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

Haley looked at the girl briefly then quickly looked again, a double take of sorts. She was a pretty one, he noted, eyes sliding from the top of her curly brown head to the tips of her toes concealed within uniform boots. Definitely a pretty one.

“Hello to you to,” he said, turning on the charm. “Just trying to save a friend of mine. But you stay put right here and I’ll be right back.”

He ended his line with a wink before diving what he called heroically into the small sea of boys, coming up again in sight beside the Orion. He slipped an arm around her waist and stood close to her, opening his mouth to ask if there was a problem while glaring soundly at the throngs of younger boys. There wasn’t one, at least not anymore. Gleefully, he watched the offending boys begin to trot away with their tails between their legs. No one had ever considered that Orions could have boyfriends…

“Tarcher,” the green skinned girl said, throwing herself around the familiar boy’s neck, “I love you.”

Haley blushed a violent red, a blotchy coloration that crept up from his neck. “You’re welcome, Aina,” he said, hoping he was remembering the correct name.

Judging by the way she slopped a kiss on his cheek and rushed away to go get her injection to suppress her pheromones, he had.

His blush was even more solidified now, his cheeks well past rosy. While had hoped she wouldn't beat him senseless (Aina was a rough one, as all female engineers were) he certainly hadn't expected her to be that thankful. Haley shook his head, then scanned his eyes over the immediate area, searching for that pretty new cadet and hoping she hadn’t gone anywhere.

<center>“Envy consists in seeing things never in themselves, but only in their relations. If you desire glory, you may envy Napoleon, but Napoleon envied Caesar, Caesar envied Alexander, and Alexander, I daresay, envied Hercules, who never existed.”

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 8:51 pm 
Istari
Istari

After finally getting all his posters up, he plopped onto his newly made bed and flung his shoes off. They went over the bed frame and then 'thunkeded' on the floor in a quick parabola. Nyx reached over, blindly towards his duffel bag and ran the zipper down its track. He looked over his shoulder to try and find the food his mom packed for him. There was a container of baklava, somesort of cheese kiesh thing ( his mother had decided that he would need something salty to go with his sweet), and a large container of mixed candies.
Nyx flung the container of candies onto the bed next to him and started to pick out some of the hard candies and pop them into his mouth.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 11:14 pm 
Maia
Maia

She raised an eyebrow curiously, frowned first, then smiled lightly with a smile.

Shifting her weight from foot to foot, arms crossed, Minka waited and watched patiently in utter amusement as the boy took to saving his friend.

As he wandered his way back to her, Minka smiled again, "A friend...I see."

She offered the boy a hand, "Minkaya Chekova, call me Minka. Nice to meet you."

Minka blinked at Aina's fading back in the distance, "You've got an Orion for a girlfriend? How many guys has she been through?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 11:57 pm 
Maia
Maia

He spotted the girl standing roughly where he had left her and headed her way. It pleased him that she had stayed put. Girls sometimes disappeared on him, and he had thought perhaps she would leave when she saw him get up close with Aina. This new girl didn’t know him well enough yet to be sure that his actions were a charade. Still, when he spotted her waiting on him with a smile, he couldn’t help but grin back at her.

She offered the boy a hand, "Minkaya Chekova, call me Minka. Nice to meet you.”

“Haley,” he said in way of introduction, taking the girl’s hand and adequately dwarfing it in his large palm. “And no… I do not have an Orion girlfriend,” he added quickly at her next question, “and I don't keep up with her conquests. I barely remembered her name from a course on warp cores last year.”

Just like that he turned his charm back on, shooting her his best smile. It was widely known throughout the campus that he was a bit of a ladies’ man, to say the least, and his thought process was telling him to take advantage of the fact she probably thought him a chivalrous, sweet individual for his ‘heroics’ in aiding Aina. His logic was probably flawed, as he was about the farthest thing in the world from a Vulcan, and girl’s always had a way of picking him out of a crowd to be the flirtatious one with whom it would be unwise to get involved. Still, he hoped she hadn’t used whatever female senses her entire gender seemed to be equipped with to figure out that little tidbit.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2010, 12:54 am 
Istari
Istari

(( Just so everyone's in the loop, Me and Alexander planned out between ourselves that Enan is Jackson's roomie :) ))

Enan was wandering about outside, enjoying an actual warm and sunny San Francisco day when he saw a person he recognized from last year. Her body shape was always recognizable to him, as it should be. The girl he was looking at, Logan, was one of his most constant friends.
He walked up beside her and waited for Logan to notice that he was standing beside her.

She was slightly startled, rumor had it that Enan wouldn't be returning to Starfleet Academy.
"Oh, Enan! I am so glad you are here," she reached over and hugged him, even though she knew he wouldn't particularly like it.

Enan cringed away from the girls touch but still laughed, " I see someone still hasn't given contractions a chance."
She made a silly pouting face,"Why would I? I want my speech to be completely proper and correct!"
She reached over and grabbed his wrist in a motion to go with her, "What about we go and find our dear friend Jackson. I saw him somewhere around here earlier," and with that the two of them both started to wander around campus yelling out Jackson's name.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2010, 4:04 pm 
Maia
Maia

{Quick Question, could Alannah and Rosa somehow know Haley?)

At his smile, she blinked, and managed a weak one of her own, stomach lurching all the while.

She turned her attention to her fingernails, inspecting them curiously as she then said, "Well. You certainly are a flirtatious one aren't you. Do you know Bubbles? Or Alannah? They go here. My friends, they tell me things." Minka's next smile was just as confident as her last.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rosaline Lea-Gregory, and Alannah McIntyre, were in their dorm.

Roommates, and chatting away.

More like arguing, over which was better, Xenolinguistics, or Enginneering.

The argument somehow then landed on their young friend.

Alannah stopped midsentance, "Minka? The little Russian one? she's here already?"

"Yeah. She sent me a message last night saying she had already arrived." Rosa said.

They simply stared at each other, then moved, hurrying to find their little friend. They scrambled outside, as fast as they could in order to find the little Russian.

Alannah stopped in her tracks midway down the stairs, "Is That Tarcher? Haley Tarcher?" Rosa, stopped, blinked at Alannah, then turned her attention to the little Russian, and frowned, "Oh dear. He better not be hitting on her." The Irish bred shrugged,"You know Minka, she can handle it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2010, 11:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

((Just let me know if Haley should remember them upon seeing them, I didn’t want to impede on any plans you may have had for how the other two girls think of him.))

Haley’s face faltered, if only for a moment. He didn’t know if he knew this Alannah character or not, but he was fairly sure he knew Bubbles. Or of her, at least. One just didn’t forget a name like Bubbles. Still, he wasn’t quite dumb enough to pretend to know them. Girls talked. He would be found out eventually, anyway. His smile returned, slightly more sheepish than confident.

“Well,” he drawled, scratching his chin thoughtfully, “I can’t say for sure I know them or not. But I wouldn’t mind being introduced.”

<center>- - -</center>

Cadet Orlane was feeling a little down to begin his second year at Starfleet. Solemnly, the boy, because he was feeling very much like a child, allowed his feet to drag beneath him as he exited the main building of the school. One would think he had gotten into trouble (again) because of Tarcher, but while he wasn’t in danger of expulsion (again) it didn’t seem that he was completely out of the woods (yet.) Jackson and Tarcher had a bit of a history, starting with the examinations to enter Starfleet. Cadet Tarcher had nearly been barred from entering the Academy while Jackson had ‘waltzed in and stepped on my toes’ as Cadet Tarcher had put it.

They never had gotten along, and the offending cadet took a little too much pleasure in kicking him down and watching him burn, if Jackson was to speak plainly.

And speak plainly he did with Fleet Captain Daddy, who had called his youngest son to his office (lair) on campus to speak about the repercussions should he ever be contacted while off planet with a message that relayed even a hint of Jackson stepping a toe out of line. Cyrus just didn’t understand, Jackson decided bitterly. He didn’t know how truly hateful Cadet Tarcher really was. He was more than a fleeting annoyance, like a fly to be swatted away. He was a thorn in his flesh, and if left unattended for the whole semester while his father was off planet (and probably longer, since he couldn’t see his father’s threat losing credence upon his return) Tarcher would probably kill him.

At least attempt murder.

And this was definitely not a pleasant revelation.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 12:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

(No particular plans. :D)

Minka was not surprised. Of course he wouldn't know them, considering the rather large student population. "I'll be glad to. If we can find them." she managed, hoping he did not think poorly of her knowing his general personality.

She did not notice either of her friends behind her. Rosa dragging Alannah, "Minka Hi!!" Rosa, slightly hyper, grinned at Tarcher, 'Hi Tarcher." Alannah mumbled her hellos as Rosa squashed the Russian.
Rosa kept her eyes on Haley, "Hi. I'm Bubbles, Bubbles Lea-Gregory. This is Alannah McIntyre. Minka, you've met. Hi!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2010, 1:38 am 
Maia
Maia

((Terribly sorry about this late reply! I had surgery on Tuesday (1/5/10) and I’ve not felt up to computering off the iPod until now. And as for your plans or lack thereof... I'll let you decide. Free reign given to you :)))

Haley briefly wondered how the hyperactive girl before him knew his name, but shrugged it off. His reputation… had a tendency of preceeding him, for the better and the worse. There was no time to waste thinking on such trivial matters when already, literally hours into the beginnings of the new academic year, whatever powers that be had brought a pretty little Russian, an Irish girl, and a hyperactive ball of energy that went by the name Bubbles into his life.

Who was he to question any divine powers at work?

No…

“Hello to you, too,” he said to Bubbles, amused slightly by his antics and he smiled genuinely for the first time since Minkaya had introduced herself. It was quite different then his ‘charming’ smile, though even if he didn’t know it, much more effective. Naturally, he had a smile that took over his face, creating dimples on his cheeks and little crinkles around his eyes. He looked an awful lot like a little boy.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2010, 11:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

(ok. thanks)

"So." Rosa beamed at Tarcher as the little Russian squirmed to get out from under Rosa's grip, with muffled Russian-accented squeals. Rosa ignored Alannah's Irish-accented laugh behind her as Minka managed to pry the older Cadet's arm off her around her neck.

The young Cadet managed a weak, apologetic smile at Haley, "Sorry about them...Her...Bubbles can get very hyper." Alannah's Irish Accent then spoke up, "Oh yes, please, don't mind Rosa, she's great craic to be around, but she can get real hyper."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2010, 12:32 am 
Istari
Istari

Logan was still pulling Enan by his wrist, like he was a small child in trouble, as they neared the lawn in front of the main building. She was randomly yelling out Jackson's name, and Enan would echo her almost silently.

Enan stopped when he saw Jackson mope across the pavement. He allowed Logan to jerk herself off of his wrist when he stopped but she didn't.
"Why are you stopping?" She laughed in a breathy relaxed manner, "We can't stop until we find him." Logan relinquished the hold on Enan's wrist and then rubbed her newly jarred joint.

" I found him," Enan quietly mouthed and then started to jog towards Jackson's general direction.
Logan turned her head to follow where Enan was heading supposing that Enan had the sudden urge to visit the little boy's room ( such things did happen at the oddest moments) but instead she saw Jackson.
Logan had always found Jackson cute. Even if she wasn't really attracted to him, she loved to look at him, in his entirety. .
After staring at his "entirety" for a moment she finally walked towards Enan and Jackson and waved at the latter

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2010, 9:54 pm 
Maia
Maia

Jackson could feel eyes on him and quickly glanced up away from the ground he had moodily been contemplating. Immediately, his green eyes trained on Enan and Logan. Enan was one of the few who understood the threat that Haley Tarcher truly imposed, though Logan... was a bit more iffy in that department. She had been known to... fratenize with the enemy.

"Hey," he called weakly, waving to his friends. "Been by the dorm yet, Enan? I got dad to install us our own replicator..."

<center>- - -</center>

Haley smiled at the trio of girls before him. They were interesting, he would give them that. All three beautiful, all three smart, and all three not taking themselves too seriously... and all three speaking to him without a single insult so far.

He would keep them around.

"Hyper's not bad," he said with a shrug. "It means we don't have to worry about her bottling stuff up and going crazy on us later."

Profile           YIM