Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2010, 8:54 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[That is funny about the coffee table… we never mentioned anything about it, no. Neat though. :yes: ]]

Hopping onto one of the bar stools that surrounded the island, Vari looked quietly up at Joe. With that sort of reaction, it was obvious the deep wounds had still not healed. She hadn’t heard the part about the Doritos, for her mind was wandering back to the day that she received the news her own mother was dying and that the doctors had tried everything they could, but the disease had already progressed… She shuddered and was thrown back into reality just as Joe set a half-eaten box of pizza and soda in front of her. Lifting up the cardboard lid, she was about to reach in and grab a slice, until… “Ugh, gross!” Carefully she plucked a piece from the box and held it up to the light. A fuzzy, sage green mold was spreading from the center outwards, appearing as though it was trying to consume the pizza itself. Throwing it back into the box, and throwing the box into the garbage, Vari stood and poked a head into the refrigerator herself. Some withered lettuce, a half-gallon of milk, bruised apples, condiments in a variety of flavors and colors… her eyes landed on a container of strawberry yogurt. Her eyes scanned it quickly before holding it up for Joe to see. “This expired two years ago.” She was almost tempted to laugh at his laziness. Honestly, was it that difficult to clean out the fridge every once in a while?

--------------------------

“I just have yet to be shown solid proof they even exist. Sure, there’s all of those late night ghost shows, but honestly it’s just people running around aimlessly in the dark. And the evidence they present is highly questionable. It’s way too easy to tamper with footage…” She sipped at her drink while taking a look over the crowded room. So many women were dancing with their boyfriends or men they had only just met. It made her feel awkward, but at least she and Emma were in the same boat for the time being. Cutler came back to her mind and all of her thoughts focused on him. They were far from being in a relationship… in fact, Keyara wasn’t sure what they could call their connection. They had messed around before, spoken in ways that could have denoted they were a couple, but in reality there was nothing outside of work. It was a sad thought to realize that Keyara truly knew nothing about Cutler; what sort of car he drove, his music tastes, where he lived or anything about his history… he was just sort of <i>there</i>, working as her superior. It was… complicated, to say the least. “Well, here’s to the single ladies,” the blonde smiled, raising her glass in a toast.

[[He he, that was kinda hard to write, seeing as Keyara and I have opposite views on the supernatural world… :lol: ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2010, 9:28 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

“Hey that was still good!” Joe dived after the box of pizza and pulled it out of the garbage can. Still cradling it in his arms, he turned around, about to say something else when he saw Vari digging through his refrigerator too. He dropped the pizza box back on the island and hurried over to her to make sure she didn't pitch anything else that was still good. “Ha!” Joe declared after scanning the expiration date on the yogurt. “you’re wrong! Next week it will be two years old!” he laughed, taking it from her. He held it for a moment as if contemplating something. It was a waste to just pitch all this stuff… he gave Vari a side-long look and a sneaky smirk spread across his face. He took the lid off, a putrid smell came from inside, quick as a wink splash, drip, ooze the old, rotten contents splashed in her face. At the sight of her covered with something-that-wasn't-quite-yogurt-anymore Joe broke into childish, hysterical laughter.

Emma shrugged. She had never really considered the supernatural of any kind. To her there were more important things to do then puzzle over life after death, alternate realities, reincarnation, that sort of thing. “Second that,” Emma rung her glass against Keyara’s and drank to it. She was happily single. Boys just seemed like a waste of time and effort… but Keyara, well, for her that toast seemed strange. Single? What was all that flirting between her and the boss then?

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2010, 10:15 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

A shuddering gasp escaped Vari’s lips as she was suddenly covered in the rotten yogurt. Lifting her hands up she wiped off her face and glared at Joe, hazel eyes positively on <i>fire</i>. If looks could kill, Joe would be nothing more than a bloodied corpse laying in a ditch somewhere. Reacting without thinking, she snatched the bottle of Pepsi from the island and shook it vigorously before twisting the cap off, laughing as the liquid sprayed all over him and the floor, quickly becoming sticky mess. If it was a food fight he was asking for, she was going to give it to him. Before long, food was flying all over the kitchen, cabinet doors were hanging open, and there was something stuck in Vari’s hair; syrup maybe, or soda… it was really hard to tell at this point. “Come on, Kerringston, don’t hold back!” She taunted, pitching a rotting tomato at him with accurate precision.

Keyara was quiet for some time after that, finishing off her first drink in silence. Frankie was quick to bring another, this time pausing to look over the two women, Emma in particular. “Never seen you here before,” he smiled sweetly, leaning front with head in hand as he looked over the redhead, “I’m sure I would’ve remembered you.” Keyara chuckled softly, setting her drink aside for the moment. “Frankie, this is Emma… Emma, Frankie….” In a hushed whisper she continued, “…she’s part of the Organization.” “Ah, in which case your drinks are on the house,” he nodded, before getting back to his job. Once he was out of earshot, Keyara looked at Emma and said, “Y’know, I could set you two up… he’s a really sweet guy, actually. Not my taste, though. I like… older men.”

<i>Ka-boom!</i>

Screams echoed through the building as an explosion of smoke rocked the bar. Keyara leapt to her feet, grabbing her coat and purse, reaching inside to pull out the weapon concealed inside. Just as she’d predicted, once the cloud of smoke began to clear, a group of burly men dressed in black with KAWEOTH insignias tattooed on their forearms were on the middle of the stage, weapons loaded. The band members ran in fear, abandoning their instruments, and the crowd made a mad dash for any available exit.

“Sparrow,” Keyara growled, quickly loading her Maadi-Griffin .50BMG Thunder handgun. These weren’t the special agents he’d spent time and effort training, no. This was a different division of the Organization, one with more expendable men. This was no doubt a diversion to weaken the members of EITC and make it much easier for the trained agents to take them down.

Frankie’s gaze shot over at the two girls, fear filling his eyes. “Get out of here, both of you! You won’t stand a chance!” <i>Fight or flight,</i> Keyara mused, glancing from Frankie, to Emma, and back to the group of men terrorizing the crowd. It was then that she made her decision.

With a slight nod, she leapt into the crowd, gun raised…

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2010, 11:14 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

The look on Vari's face caused Joe to double over laughing, practically crying. The yogurt, the eyes, the expression... everything. It was just too rich. Pepsi sprayed all over the place, covering Joe's face. He could barely stop laughing to even look up to see where it had come from. "Oh, it's on!" he managed to gasp out as the fight began.

With squashed tomato on his shoulder, Joe gracefully slipped across the milk, yogurt and you-name-it covering floor. He had a Reddi-Whip can in hand and he wasn't afraid to use it. managing to slide close enough to Vari, he pushed down the nozzle and the the white fluffy contents sprayed all over her. "Who's holding back, Pierce?"

"Frankie," Emma said quietly as they were introduced. She gave him a sweet but quite apathetic smile. No sense needlessly encouraging him. While sipping from her margarita, she silently watched the exchange between Keyara and Frankie with amusement. So Frankie knew about them, eh? Very interesting. Emma chuckled at Keyara's offer. "You know, I don't know," she said and turned to watch the man's back as he served another customer. He looked like a great guy.... but they all did at the beginning. It was once they got you hooked that they turned into weirdo jerks.

A loud explosion interrupted her thoughts, their conversation, the band, everything. Emma jumped up simultaneously with Keyara. She watched as people almost trampled each other while running for cover. "What're they doing here?" she hissed as she too noticed them to be KAWEOTH men. She looked over at her coworker but..... "Wait, Keyara!" she screamed, forgetting code names for a split second. What was the woman doing running towards them like that? Panic seized her. Yes, her, Emma Clarence, Agent Ginger, trained for this sort of stuff and everything. Emma glanced back at Frankie, helplessly, feeling embarrassed at her own cowardice. But she couldn't let her friend go and die... and yet... die she probably would regardless of Emma's help. Emma took a deep breath, pulled out her own concealed weapon, gave Frankie one last look and followed Agent Nexus into the smoke and gunfire...

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-