Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 6:35 pm 
Istari
Istari

[[It's fine Misa =)]]

Andrea’s attention was drawn away from Hector and the scene around them by Varianna’s exclamation at being alive. Her heart leapt with joy at the knowledge that she hadn’t been crushed by the foremast before her eyebrows creased together, worried at her behaviour. She walked other to the hysterical girl and Aurora-Rose, kicking the bodies of dead redcoats out of the way as she went. Finally reaching them after clambering over the fallen mast she turned to A-Rose and raised an eyebrow.

“I’m guessing she’s never had a near death experience before.” She said and watched as the girl in question lunged herself at Jack. Their attention was then drawn to the stairs that led to the lower deck as Soren helped a pained Dante out onto the deck. Drea followed A-Rose as she rushed over to the pair and hissed when she saw the blood.

“We need to staunch the blood flow.” Drea said calmly. “If we don’t then you’ll bleed to death.” She hastily un-tucked her shirt and pulled out her knife. She took off her corset and made a small rip in the fabric of her shirt before proceeding to tear a large strip off, leaving her midriff bare. She moved to put her corset back on when an idea struck her; they’d need to keep applying pressure to the wound and that would prove problematic if all hands were needed on deck. If she tied the corset tightly around his hips with the strip of shirt underneath covering his wound then there would be a constant source of pressure and Dante might make it to a doctor. Of course this would leave her looking quite undignified in just her tattered white shirt and breeches, but this was a matter of life and death, dignity could wait. She quickly explained all of this to Soren and A-Rose before she bundled up the piece of shirt and pushed it firmly onto Dante’s wound, apologising for the pain as she did so. She then took the corset and fitted it into place before tightening it strongly.

“There.” She said when she’d finished. “Let’s hope that’ll last you another hour or two.”

-

Jack was about to answer Rosalind’s question when Varianna caught him around his waist, embracing him tightly. He rubbed her back soothingly, feeling slightly awkward. “We run out the oars.” He said to Rosalind and whoever else was listening. “If there’s anything left of them.” He added before looking down at the shaking form that was Vari.

“There now luv’.” He said gently. “Ye’re alright. We need to get to work though, eh? Can I count on yer to be able to hold it together long enough for us to get out of this here mess?” He wasn’t being harsh, but firm. They couldn’t afford any delays or sentimental gestures until they were safely in port. He turned to Gibbs.

“We head for Tortuga.” He said before casting his eyes to the helm where his first mate, Hector Barbossa stood. “At least that old goat has his head screwed on.” He muttered to himself.

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 6:47 pm 
Maia
Maia

((I hate to ask, but is everyone else ona ship at sea, or at a port. theres so much that happned I can't tell. I plan on having Amelia meet up with them at some point.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 6:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

[[Basically everyone is on the Pearl leaving a port, but the ship has been attacked and badly damaged by redcoats. They're now heading for Tortuga.]]

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 7:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

((Ok, sorry, let me change this.))

It wasn't long before Amelia noticed this port was not the usual port she ended up in. She knew her last ship wasn't EITC, or Navy. But they were not Pirates, they were merchants. but this port, every one seemed like a pirate. Finally she went over to some one who looked official. "Excuse me, but could you please tell me where I am."

The man burst out laughing. Amelia smiled shyly, could he tell she was not a man? "How can you sail here and not know where you are?" He asked.

"I was on a ship, hoping to transfer to a new ship."

This made the man laugh harder. "Your in Tortuga, boy."

Amelia nodded, backing away. she had heard stories of Tortuga, a nest hole for Pirates. Suddenly she felt sick, regretting ever leaving home.

Last edited by Misa_Amane on June 5th, 2010, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 7:24 pm 
Istari
Istari

[[Oh well actually they have left, they're currently floating somewhere between port and the open sea, badly damaged. :erm:]]

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 7:36 pm 
Maia
Maia

((I changed my post.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2010, 7:18 am 
Maia
Maia

Guinevere turned her head as Gibbs approached her, seeking her to help Christine, and she gave a small nod. “Alright, I’ll go and see her,” she said with a smile. Guin had a skill for treating wounds, and she would be glad to help. Although Guin herself had taken an injury, she did not want to make too much of it; Cairbre had bandaged up her arm which had been pierced by a shard of wood, and for now, it could be left to heal, although it would need treating again soon.

She went over to where Christine sat, and stooped to kneel down beside her. She examined the girl’s arm, being careful to only very gently touch the wound. That bullet was going to have to come out, one way or another, but that could be left for later. First it needed properly bandaging up. She lifted her head and looked at Christine; her smile was reassuring. Christine’s gaze seemed to go in Jack’s direction, who was at the moment somewhat preoccupied with comforting Vari.

“We’ll get this sorted out in no time,” she told her. “I’ll just need you to sit tight for a few minutes.”
She needed something to use as a bandage. Reaching up, she unraveled the scarf with which she had tied up her hair, her red locks tumbling down over her shoulders. She smoothed out the silken material; there was no point having qualms about getting blood on it. The situation demanded initiative. Skillfully, Guin wound it tightly about Christine’s arm, tying it in a neat knot.

~~~

Rosalind looked on as, before Jack was able to answer her question, Vari flung herself at him. She waited impatiently, folding her arms, and then nodded when Jack announced that they would run out the oars. She turned on her heel, unwilling to hover. She, too, had been worried about Jack whilst he’d been unconscious, but she hadn’t tortured herself about it like Vari clearly had. Rosalind liked to simply get on with things after an unfortunate incident, and didn’t believe in dwelling.

Striding across the deck, Rosalind only just missed bumping into Cairbre, who was walking in the opposite direction. “Cairbre! Mind where you’re walking!” she snapped, but her eyes gleamed with humour. “Are you quite sure you have your bearings? What you’re looking for is over there.” She pointed towards where Guinevere sat helping Christine.

~~~

“Guin?” Cairbre approached Guin, who was still kneeling beside Christine, adjusting the bandage with care, looking absorbed in her work. She looked up after a moment or so, with a brisk but friendly smile.
“I’m a bit busy here at the moment,” she said. “Shouldn’t you be making yourself useful too?”
Cairbre nodded; he had heard the captain’s comment about running out the oars. “In a moment.” He paused. “But once we’ve made port in Tortuga, I need to talk to you.”

Guin nodded, somewhat missing the serious tone in his voice. “Alright,” she agreed, still working on the bandage. Cairbre paused for a moment, hoping for a fuller response, but when Guin simply carried on working on the bandage he furrowed his brow and walked away to help the rest of the crew.

“There,” Guin sat back, smiling at Christine. “All done.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2010, 10:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Gibbs watched Guin and nodded his thanks as she sat down by his red headed friend. Convinced that she was in the best hands for now he turned to his captain and listened to the command. A grin crossed over his face. Tortuga. Their last refuge nearly every time. Gods above be praised for the last haven of the depraved.

"Alrigh, yah lot. Git too it! You 'eard the Captain! We make for Tortuga. Cairbre, cut the jib we'll be sailing without the mainsail. Run out the paddles, but be wary of the left wind lest we get off course! Weigh anchors! We need out of here! And fast!" He yelled in a distinctive voice while he himself began running about the deck and starting knots off. He dug through one of the holds to produce a very heavy oar for himself. "Come on! There's a few more that've not been done in."

------------------------------------------------------------

Christine looked up at Guin as she kneeled next to her. It was strange, the attention, normally the rest of the crew tended to leave Chrissy alone. Maybe it would all end up better this time around though.

"Thank you." Christine said when Guin broke her reverie and she offered her impromptu nurse a smile. But it was quickly dropped as the bandage was tied around her arm. The burned skin hurt at the smallest touch and the fabric, despite it's richness, caused her pain. The work, luckily, was short and though the appendage would feel as if the fire still consumed it for a while, it was no longer in the open for infection.

"Very kind of you," she said while wobbling to her feet. Gibbs was yelling, and that tended to mean that help was needed somewhere about the ship. "We should get to work," she added with a chuckle. "No rest for the wicked and all that, right?"

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2010, 5:53 pm 
Istari
Istari

[[Bumpeth.]]

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2010, 6:50 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

“Aye,” Varianna nodded at Jack as her tears began to dry, slightly loosening her grip around him. She did not let go completely at first, not wanting the comfort of the captain to disappear entirely. “As you wish, Jack.” <i>He feels so warm… I don’t want to let go. But we have to get the ship to Port an’ that requires ye thinking straight.</i> Getting her emotions in check, she pulled away from him completely, walking away to busy herself with other tasks that needed doing. Passing in a daze, she brushed by Soren, Dante, Aurora and Andrea without so much as a second glance before climbing up the rigging, hazel eyes never leaving Jack’s form below.

“I’d say she’s taken a likin’ t’ ya,” Barbossa commented from his spot at the helm. <i>Though I can’t comprehend what sorta woman would want t’ bed wit’ ye…</i> He kept his thoughts to himself; for the moment it was best to play along so that his plans of mutiny would not backfire on him. The second they arrived in Tortuga, he’d personally see to getting Jack as drunk as a poet on payday, and then once the ship was fixed everything would go according to plan - so long as the crew felt the same.

--------------------

Soren was extremely thankful to Andrea for giving up her corset like that, knowing how much it would degrade a woman in this time period. But if it helped save Dante, then Soren couldn’t care if ‘Drea went around the ship in nothing but her skin. “You’ve no idea how grateful I am,” he nodded to Andrea. If his arm hadn’t been tightly wrapped around his lover’s waist, he would have embraced the woman right then and there, but that would have to wait for a later time. Turning to Dante, he pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead, ghosting his lips over tanned skin. Blue eyes locked with amber. “You are going to be fine… I promise. We’ll get you to a doctor and I won’t let you out of my sight.”

[[Sorry for the shortness >.<]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2010, 10:05 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Dante remained relatively silent throughout the whole ordeal. He would have rather just avoided this whole mess and went to his cabin to wrap himself in some bandages but he doubted Soren would have let him get away with that. Now he had Aurora-Rose and Andrea worrying over him too... at least Drea was handling his wound better than A-Rose was.

As Andrea was wrapping her corset around him he winced and groaned, the pressure hurting at first but once she was finished there was a feeling of relief and in the end he was thankful that he had not kept this all a secret.

"Thanks Drea." He stated after Soren promised that he would be fine, leaning a bit more on Soren now that the pain was slowly subsiding.

"I'm alright now... let's make sure everyone else is okay..." Dante turned his head to press a kiss to his lover's cheek before they moved away from the two girls.

Aurora-Rose no longer gaping over her hurt friend turned towards Andrea. "Thanks for that, Dante can be a bit hard-headed sometimes. We should follow there lead and check the rest of the ship to check the damage." No that the fire was controlled and the redcoats dead it was time to take inventory to see what they had lost.

[[short reply... :( sorry]]

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2010, 4:10 pm 
Maia
Maia

As Christine wobbled slightly whilst getting to her feet, Guin assisted her by steadying her arm. She laughed good-naturedly at the girl’s comment. “Indeed, and they don’t come any wickeder than the crew of the Pearl,” she replied with a smile. “Work awaits!”

She could sense the other young woman’s appreciation for the aid Guin had given her. It could not be overlooked that often Christine tended to be left alone quite a lot – and it was easy for loneliness to sink in, especially at sea, if you did not have much company. Guin liked helping people, and so it had been no trouble for her to assist the girl.

Responding to Gibb’s shouts, Guin joined the group trying to run out the paddles. Cairbre was helping Gibbs lift up one of the unwieldy oars, whilst Rosalind attempted to lift one unassisted. Guin, going to Rosalind’s side, met Cairbre’s gaze. There was something strange about the way he held it for one moment and then abruptly looked away.

Puzzled, Guin helped Rosalind to lift the heavy oar out of the hold. Rosalind’s expression was strained; she was a strong girl, but even her strength had it’s limits. She laughed all the same, flicking strands of her raven-black hair out of her eyes.

“He’s not in a good mood,” she whispered in Guin’s ear. Guin’s brow creased in confusion.
“You mean Cairbre?” her own voice matched Rosalind’s low pitch. The dark-haired girl nodded with a mischievous grin.
“I think there’s something he wants to talk to you about. Something important.”
“Oh yes, he said something like that. I can’t imagine what.”
Rosalind smiled knowingly in reply.

Cairbre could hear his sister and his friend whispering, but he could not catch any of their words. Still, he did not appear to express curiosity. “Only a few of the oars were damaged by the fire,” he remarked to Gibbs. “That’s some luck on our side.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 6:34 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Bump for those who haven't replied to this yet ;) ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2010, 7:00 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[sad bump :( ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2010, 4:10 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Closing this one down, see my explanation over on the OST Roleplay thread. :bye2: ]]