Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 4:06 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Gah, I'm so sorry for not posting! Life has been really weird lately... I've been so spacey-headed so much it's like I keep forgetting alot of things. But that's just kind of my way of dealing with stress... *sigh* Okay, I'll be good and post now!)

After the first bit of turbulance, and hitting her head, someone behind her asked if she was alright. Yeah, she was. She had had worse. And was about to mumble so to the kind soul who asked her if she was okay when the plain lurched again. This time more violently. Baggage fell and people screamed, adrenaline roared in her ears. The gas masks fell, but Anne didn't even notice them, her hands hooked to her seat as she looked out the window, heart pounding. There was the ground. Getting closer and closer.

She closed her eyes just for a moment and felt the impact with her whole body. And that's when Anne loathed that she chose a window seat because as the plain skidded to a stop in the sand, the wall next to her was ripped off. The funky air in the plain with the hot air of the beach made a weird mix with Anne's gasping lungs. And next thing she knew her seat was flying out of the plain. And her seatbelt broke. It was a good thing to.

The brunette was tossed to the sand away from the plain. Her seat went right into the engine, making it explode. She watched from her place in the sand as the plain, now in two parts, skidded to a halt some way away from her and debre(blah can't spell today) falling from the exploded engine. Anna wondered how she didn't black out during the crash.

And she watched in horror as the aftermath. She wasn't the only one to be ripped from her seat, she noticed. But she was one of the few lucky to be alive. Then her heart pounded more as she remember her brother.

"Donovan," she screamed, her voice haorse. She stumbled to her feet, ignoring the pain. She was running on adrenaline, and that could make her do anything. She ran to the plain, ducking as the other engine exploded, causing more debree to go flying.

Jumping in through the hole she came out of, she spotted her brother still inside in his seat. He was unconcious, cuts all over his face from glass, and legs trapped by fallen luggage.

Thinking fast Anne undid his seatbelt, which had apparently saved his life, and pulled the bags of luggage away.

"Help, somebody help me," she screamed, having a feeling that everyone else were to busy saving themselves to help her. But she had to get Donovan out of the plain. There was no telling how long it would take for the fire from the exploded engines to reach the main fuel tank for the plain...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 1:40 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Jackie heard it before she even heard anything inside her. The questions, her shallow breathing, the shock looming over her even though she tried to keep it down. It was just a dream. No it wasn't. There was the body of a little boy draped over her midsection, there were screaming people around her, yelling out because they couldn't think of anything else to do. The smoldering smell filled her nostrils as she looked up to the man standing beside her. Without words, she asked him what had happened, knowing full we he didn't have the answer. None of them did.

But she had heard it. Above everything, the one noise she managed to bring forward in her mind and ears was the desperate pleading for help. She had heard it once before, long ago, and this time she would do something about it.

Slipping out from underneath the prone body, she forced her painful body to move, actually bracing herself on the stranger's shoulder to rise. Then shuffling around in the rubble around her seat, she finally settled on it: the physician's bag her sister had gifted her last Chirstmas. Jackie had stocked it full as she could with things she gathered as medical supplies before she left on this trip. And now look that it was coming in more handy than she thought before. Slinging the bag over her shoulder, she limped and hopped over rubble until she came to the source of the pleading, just a good few paces away.

She knelt down quickly beside the girl, who was just unbuckling a motionless and injured man from his seat. Jackie rested her hand on the girl's shoulder to let her know she was there.

"I'm a medic, anything I can do?" was all she could say, already unzippering her bag and examining the man in the seat as she prepared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 7:22 am 

-Eruanna- wrote:
[[hey I was thinking on making a male charrie as well. Would that be okay? :) ]]

[ Sure! ;) I can't wait for you to introduce him. :)

Sorry for not posting so long. Life has been hectic..:yes: I'll have a post up today :) ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2010, 5:17 pm 

Dan tried his best to calm the girl down, but with all the screaming and noises he could not make himself audible and the feeling that his head was repeatedly smashed with a sledge hammer didn't help either. He helped the girl up, and quickly lay the body of the dead boy on an empty seat. The fact that such a little boy was dead, and the plane was filled with dead people, didn't affect him at that moment. He was alive. Others were alive and they had to survive.
Daniel made his way over to the girl, who knelt beside the dark-haired girl who had been seated a row in front of him, and an unconscious boy.
"We have to get out of here!" Dan called to the girls, taking the shoulders of the boy. "Help me carry him.. the tail section is already on fire, in no time the whole plane will explode!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2010, 8:24 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Anna's heart thumped loudly in her chest. It wasn't fear. At least not for herself. It was fear for her brother, and adrenaline. Hurredly she pushed away they luggage that had kept Don's feet trapped.

And that's when help came. In the chaos Anna would have thought no one would answer her call for help, but someone did. A woman with a medical kit. She asked what she could do, and then a man came to help them.

It was the same man that had been sitting behind her on the plane and had watched her bump her head. He seemed to take quick control of the situation, grabbing Donovan's shoulders. Anna groped at the seat belt until she got it to come off, and grabbed his legs and helped Dan drag Don away from the plane.

The limp figure of her unconciouse brother was bleeding from the forehead where it looked like it had hit the back of the chair infront of him at one point. After some struggle, the dark haired man was a safe distance from the plane, laying in the sand.

"Thank you, both of you," she nodded to the two, and finally, as her adrenaline calmed, she took in the rest of the situation.

Engines blazing, setting off small explosions here and there, their roar ringing across the beach. A long trail left in the sand from the plane full of chairs, parts of the plane were everywhere. And so were wounded, dieing, and dead people.

Two teens together, looked like siblings, comforting each other. Several people looking around dazed, as if they hadn't taken in what had happened yet.

"What a disaster," Anna murmered, seeing the dead body of a child not to far away...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 1:26 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

[[so I haven't figured out how exactly to do that cool thing of the picture thing where you click on the number or something and it takes you to the pic... I've tried several times, in vain. Also I hope the picture aren't too small. I'm on the wrong PC to tell... Sooo, sorry...]]
Name: Nicholas Hunt
Nickname: Nick   
Appearance:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w242 ... sen_08.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w242 ... yden-1.gif

Apparel: For clothing, look to second pic for reference. He's wearing worn trainers (converse shoes).   
Personality: Nick has a more real outlook on life, and he has a great knowledge of the reality of life and its fragility. He doesn't know how to show his feelings, so he always comes across as unsympathetic when it comes to other people's feelings or hardships. It's just that he's felt pain far too much to care... and this is only to the outward eye.   
History: Mostly TBA. He has recently moved out on his own from his mother. He's going to college a year later than usual, even though he's brilliant in what he loves to do most, which is engineering and sketching/art. Has spent all his life it seems in and out of hospitals for various reasons, so he hates them nearly more than anything....  

Last edited by -Eruanna- on May 13th, 2010, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 4:58 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

Kev tried to shake Hannah's hand and failed. His fingers felt like jelly. On his first try he missed her hand entirely, and on his second try his fingers, slick with sweat, slid right through hers. That was what Mrs. Carman would have called a disgusting handshake.

"I... sorry," he said, and tasted his parched lips. "School's not out yet. For me. I was on a transfer flight to... Sydney. Yeah. For my brother's funeral."

He squinted down the beach (dead bodies), then looked back at Hannah. Her hair was very bright.

"Are you--" he swallowed "--okay? You look like you're kind of... bleeding." He waved at her forehead as though to shoo away a fly.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2010, 1:20 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Jackie helped to get the man out of the seat, the plane and finally helped to lay him down gently in the sand. Upon receiving the thanks from the girl, she nodded quickly, already dropping to her knees and shuffling through her bag as she examined with her eyes quickly all that was visibly wrong with the man lying in front of her. He was bleeding, slower breathing. She felt his pulse and used her watch to count the beats. She then looked to the girl, who she figured was the man's sister.

"Blunt force trauma to the head, plus the altitude drop slowed his heart rate and caused for some irregular breathing. I'll continue to examine him, but he looks fine so far." she wanted to assure her. With what lay to all sides of them, she knew that they all needed some reassurance that they'd ever make it out alive themselves. Even she needed to know.

Pulling out what she needed to clean and dress the gash on the man's forehead, she glanced to both the man and the girl.

"I'm Jackie, by the way." it hung a little in the air, as if it was meaningless in a time like this. But she had been trained to remain calm and collected in traumatic situations, because it was the medics who were the most important, and if they lost their heads, it would all go to hell. She had to move, to constantly keep moving. People were counting on her. Scary thought...

[meh, rubbish. sorry! ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 10th, 2010, 10:20 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(I was going to wait for a few other people to post before I posted again but since no ones posted in awhile...)

Anna gave a sigh of releif as the woman -who introduced herself as Jackie- said Donovan was going to be okay. She knelt beside him, and looked out across the beach. There were still people by the plain, but the engines were now exploding, and it was too dangerous to get any close than where they stood.

Some people were screaming, others seemed to be standing around with a dazed look seeming calm. They were probably in shock. Anna knew she was. But she was also full of adrenaline, which was slowly fading away.

"I'm Anna. The unconcious guy here is my twin brother, Donovan," she said, as if offhandedly.

~

Then Don started groaning as he floated back to the land of the living.
"My head... what happened," he mumbled. His lips felt dry, his mouth certainly was. And what was that screaming and loud booms? Was Anna sitting next to him on the plain now, watching her stupid movie without headphones? No, that wasn't it. It was too real. It didn't have the movie fakeness, even though it was muffled.

He slowly opened his eyes to bright sunlight, a blue sky, and two feminine faces. One he quickly recognized as his sister, the other he didn't recognize at all -a striking blue-eyed blonde- but she was tending the the pain on his head it seemed. He closed his eyes again with a groan as he felt his mind trying to slip back into unconciousness...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 7:28 pm 

For a moment Dan looked around in a daze: the wreckage of the plane was on fire, pieces of the plane, luggage and seats were scattered around the beach, as were the bodies of the dead or wounded.. But then he realised that there were survivors, some perhaps still inside the wreckage of the burning plane. He hardly heard Jackie or Anne speak to one another. How could he make introductions now? How could he sit and wait, with the thought that he would be fine when others were dying a couple of feet away? There was no time to loose..
He started to run again, towards the plane. "There are still people inside inside the plane!" he shouted back over his shoulder, but he couldn't tell if either Jackie or Anna had heard him. Blood trickled down his forehead, his shirt was covered with blood, whether it was his own blood he did not know nor did he waste time thinking about it.
"Hello?" he yelled at the top of his lungs, as he entered the fuselage again. "Is anybody still in here?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 8:15 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Jackie planted a quick smile on her face as she concentrated on treating her patient's (who his sister had said was named Donovan) injuries.

"It's nice to meet you, Anna." her tone was calm, and her demeanor was the same on the outside, but inside she was screaming in shock, trying hard not to think of the bodies of the dead plane occupants each time an explosion sounded a few yards away.

And then Donovan began squirming, and his eyes opened the slightest bit after he gave a groan in the pain he was obviously in. His dazed eyes settled on Jackie's and she rested a quick hand on his upper arm to make sure he didn't bolt upright suddenly. Looking him sincerely in the eyes, she gave a consoling expression.

"Donovan, it'll all be okay, you're in my hands now. Relax. It'll be over soon." She nodded as he rested his head back on the sand unconscious again. Glancing at Anna, she took out the bandages.

"It's good that he's unconscious-- hey!" she broke off and yelled after the man who had helped her carry Donovan away from the wreckage. He was headed off to the plane, with a statement called back that she barely heard. There were people on that plane, is what she gathered, and the guy was going to save them, or die trying.

Shaking her head and looking back down to the patient at hand, she tucked her hair behind her ear to get it out of her way. She had a job to do. Many jobs, for that matter, judging by what she saw every time she looked around. She was helping in the best way she could, and that's all she could hope now.

After tending to the wound on Donovan's head, Jackie looked to Anna.

"You can wait here by your brother, and I won't mind. I will check back on you and him, but right now I need to help other people. I'll stay close if I can...Will you be alright?" she asked sincerely, flinching slightly as a minor explosion sounded once again nearby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 8:24 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Nick was drowning.

Or at least that's what he felt like. He couldn't draw breath into his lunges, no matter how hard he tried. Lost in the confusion around him, he could only lie there, suspending reality and hoping that it would all be over soon. Yelling, screaming, explosions were ringing in his ears. For one moment they were quiet, dulled to the background, and then the next it was all that was in his mind. He couldn't feel his body, then again it was racked with pain. What was happening?

He tried to cast his mind back to when he knew he was alive. And after a few mindless flashes of memories replayed in front of his eyes, he settled on it. He was sitting in his seat, just buckling his seat belt after behind ordered to by one of the stewardesses. He was breathing, alive. And then the jolt happened... And now, what was he? Alive? Dead? Undecided?

He heard a voice above all the other confusion, and it was yelling close by. It was asking if anyone was still in the plane. He tried to yell out a positive answer, but all that came was a calling that turned into a hoarse and pain-filled scream when he moved his leg. Something was wrong. It hurt everywhere. Swallowing hard, he took one last sand-filled breath of determination.

"HERE!" he screamed, not knowing if it was just lost in the screams and the explosions of his would-be coffin...

[meh, hope that's all right, Will. And sorry for double-posting. I didn't know what else to do...]

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2010, 1:09 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Anna watched as the man that had helped them pull Don out of the plain was running back towards it. Now that she listened, she could hear other screams coming from inside as the engines gave off more small explosions.

Jackie's words brought her back to her brother. The look in her eyes told Anna that she wanted to go help others.
"Yes, I can stay with him. I'm sure there are others in need of your help more than us," she said quickly, staying kneeled beside Don's body.

"Go help others," she said, scanning the beach. What a wreck, she thought with an inward ironic smile. There goes all my plans in New Zealand...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2010, 6:11 pm 

A voice. A faint cry for help could be heard amidst the chaos. Dan started to run down the aisle, climbing over lost seats and luggage. Panic and fear seemed to overwhelm him more and more. Reality finally seemed to grasp him.. numb him. But he could not give in, not now.
Daniel suddenly noticed a body burried underneath a pile of luggage, the food trolley and some components that belonged to the plane. It was a man, seemingly still alive. Quickly he tried to make his way over to the injured man, who seemed completely stuck.
"Can you move?" Daniel asked the man, but when no reply came he tried to lift the food trolley. Without any luck.. it was too heavy. He glanced around, searching for anyone that could help him, but there was noone alive left in the plane. Turning back to the man, Dan asked: "Can you move your legs?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2010, 10:11 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

((hey I promise you guys, I'll post very soon! Hopefully today, but if not, sometime this week! Until then, forgive and have patience with me! I'm trying! :) ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2010, 10:35 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Jackie nodded after she heard Anna's sure response, telling her to move on and help others. Zippering her medical bag, she slung it over her shoulder and stood up.

"You'll be all right, Anna. But if you need me, be sure to yell, I'll be close."

And with that, she moved on, hoping to find the next person alive.
~~~~*~~~~

Nick felt a distant sense of relief when the form of a man came leaping over the pieces of debris, luggage, and everything else through the smoke of the burning plane, which was threatening to explode at any moment.

When asked if he could move, he had to force his knowledge of speech to remain at the front of his mind, rather than slipping to the back of his thoughts with everything else that made him alive. Pain racking through his whole body when he tested it, he gritted his teeth behind closed lips and nodded,

"A bit," He wanted to apologize, but nothing came. And then came the question of just his legs, and Nick was sure that at least he could move those, to help a bit.

But a hoarse scream was forced out of his lips when he attempted to move his right leg, and the pain didn't relax when he stopped. Something was wrong.

"The left," he forced out of his mouth, hoping that the statement made it in volume over the series of small explosions that sent debris flying in all directions. "Something's wrong," he heard his own voice, not making any sense, spilling out of his unconscious mind. He knew he had to get out of here, and fast.

Rolling his head around, he looked at the pile of things crushing his body, and he pulled his arms out in an attempt to push things out of his way. The plane didn't have long...And neither did he.