Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2010, 8:43 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

(thanks so much. So are you looking for any person in particular? Such as a teen versus an over-20. A girl or a boy? Just let me know, and I'll start work on the bio! ^^ )

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2010, 8:53 pm 

[ Nope, most charries are aged 16 to 22.. so it's up to you really. I'm looking forward to meet your char! :) ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2010, 8:56 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

"Ariel? ARIEL!" He shouted a bit more loudly then necessary, causing the people sitting around them to look and glare. All Daeron did was give them a shrug of his own before returning his attention to his little sister sitting next to him who was currently bobbing and weaving her red head to the sounds of music coming from her head phones.

Head phones that mimicked the ones DJs used in the clubs giving the girl a rather odd look since they were almost bigger than her head.

Daeron wasn't getting any response from his sis and so he went for the drastic measures. Reaching over he grabbed the round part pressed against her right ear and pulled, letting go just as quickly so that it hit her ear with a pained sound.

"What the he...ck..." Ariel was broken from her groove by the feeling of the right side of her head throbbing. "What was that for?"

"The stewardess is coming with drinks and snacks, I wanted to know if you wanted anything now before she came by and was disturbed by your terrible dancing..." He teased, though his grin lessened the malice of his words.

"Whatever, you're just jealo..." Once more her words were cut off, only this time by the sound of the pilot on the intercom.

"Ladies and gentlemen.. the seatbelt-sign has just turned on. Please return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts."

Moments later the plane began to jerk and tremble and the O'Conor siblings turned to each other with pained eyes while grabbing the edges of their seats. Memories filled their minds of the past and both of them could only hope to all heavens that this was just a slight jostle and the plane would soon be righted once more.

It had taken everything they had to get on the plane in the first place, Ariel was meeting up with some producers in New Zealand while Daeron was helping to not only run a gallery but have his art shown amongst other prestigious painters and photographers.

This wasn't supposed to happen. The plane would land safely, it had to land safely.

[This is my 7575 post!!]

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2010, 9:52 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Name: Jacquelyn Harris
Nickname: Jackie
Appearance: http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w242/LotR_Ringer/Charries/Claire-Holt-claire-holt-3108726-600.jpg
Apparel: Casual. Light jeans, shirt = http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... e_holt.jpg , zip-up sweater hoodie (occasionally), ballerina flats.
Personality: Jackie's always been more of a leader, taking charge when there's a situation that she knows she can handle. She's a little bit of a serious person. She never really has gotten the trait to think about herself, but she can occasionally come across as a bit mean and/or bossy when in a serious situation. Break her shell, though, and you'll find a friend for life...
History: Parents died when she was young, she and her younger sister went to live with their moderately wealthy grandparents. Since her parents died, she's always deemed herself her sister's guardian, so she's looking for a better life of her own so that she can support her and her sister. She's been studying a medical degree since her junior year of high school, so she knows a good bit more than your average college medical student. She was on her way back home when the crash happened...

Last edited by -Eruanna- on April 3rd, 2010, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2010, 3:29 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(I cant post IC right now. My internet is down. I'm at the library and so am too pressed for time. Hopefully it will get fixed today but if not, now you all know the reason behind my lack of posts.)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2010, 5:04 pm 

Henry was exhausted. He could never manage to sleep on airplanes, a fact which annoyed him to no end. There was always something wrong; too hot or too cold, not enough air, some wretched excuse for a human kicking the back of his chair. Children were always the worst, children and unnecessarily loud people.

He stared at the back of the seat in front of him, idly picking out patterns and designs in the fabric whilst wondering what he'd do when they got to New Zealand. He really didn't know much about the country at all, and he hadn't even been expecting to go there until two days ago; he had been lucky to get the ticket, luckier that Ella's family had been willing to pay for it.

There was an elderly woman across the aisle that kept smiling at him. Henry pretended not to notice, though secretly he was touched. Maybe she was from New Zealand and would be willing to let a 16-year-old boy stay with her until he found his AWOL brother. Would that be too much to hope? Of course it would. He bit back a sigh as the seatbelt sign flashed and an announcement came over the intercom.

The one thing that could've made the journey worse was turbulence, and predictably they'd encountered it. The plane bounced sharply, and Henry closed his eyes. As long as it's over soon it'll be fine, he thought, pushing aside the new source of worry. Turbulence was normal, and this wasn't going to be any exception.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 12:26 am 
Mageling
Mageling

Kev dreamed the plane was crashing.

Before that, he was dreaming about his physics final.

Before that, he was dreaming about Elle.

Elle had long blond hair that you could reach out and grab. Elle always wore those strapless tops that showed twin tan lines from when she did wear straps. Elle was swishing that golden hair and running down the football field and, shoot, even Kev couldn't catch her even though he ran five miles a day--

Whoosh. Kaboom. That was how the plane crash sounded (in his dream). There was a lot of vibrating, too, a lot of please-return-to-your-seats-and-fasten-your-seat-belts and then there was the big kaboom, and that was the sound of Kev's face slamming into the seat in front of him.

"Please fasten your seatbelts," said the intercom.

"No sh*t," replied Kev. He connected the straps and heard them click. His head felt an incoming bruise.

The person beside him was being smiled at by an old lady, presumably his grandmother. The person wore jeans and a white buttoned shirt. Kev wondered why he'd never noticed this person before.

"Hi. I'm Kev," said Kev. "Did you switch seats with somebody? I told this to the last person who sat next to me, but... ah... I get motion sickness."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 6:40 pm 
Istari
Istari

((OOC: I have limited computer access this week. It was not expected. I may get my intro post up in the next 48 hours but that is doubtful at best. Sorry for the inconvenience. :/))

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 7:32 pm 

[ Great posts up till now guys!

My own pc has also crashed because of a virus.. so my AU-time has reduced as well. :P I'll wait for everyone to put up a first post before posting again. ;) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 8:30 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(I got my internet back, so I can post now!)

The Wheeler twins had somehow gotten seats on opposite sides of the isle. Donovan was behind a redhead rockin out on DJ headphones with a brother that was having a hard time getting her attention. Anna was across the isle against the window.

As soon as the plane had taken off, Don had fallen asleep. He wasn't one of those lean-on-your-neighbors-drool-and-snoor plain sleepers. No, he just sat there crossed arms, head back on his seat and eyes closed. He didn't even looked like he was sleeping, but he was.

A deep fitful sleep that he hadn't bother coming out of to take his seatbelt off, not that he realized he could or not. But his sleep was rudely disturbed when the plane suddenly shook.

It was then that Don wondered why he had let Anna talk him into coming to New Zealand with her. She wanted to go and visit the sights. Particularly that place where the Lord of the Rings were filmed. He didn't much like plane rides, and would have prefered to stay home, especially now since there seemed to be never ending turbulance...

And on the other side of the aisle, Anna was engrossed in her movie. She had brought a mini-dvd player along with her in her bag and was watching it, headphones in, leaning against the wall with the window, a pillow under her head to cushion it.

The movie was Pitch Black starring Vin Deisel. An action packed, though somewhat scary, movie. One of Anna's favorites. And it wasn't too far into the movie. Only a few minutes in. And this scene was a space ship, a big one, getting hit by a tiney meteor or something.

And it was starting to crash toward a desolate planet. Anna was so pulled into the jiggling views, and flashing lights of the inside of the space ship, she thought the turbulation was just her really into the movie.

Anna realized it wasn't a movie when her head found itself away from the pillow, and the softness dropping to the ground and the side of her head hitting the side of the plane.

That braught her out of her movie. The pilot announced that she should put her seat belt back on.
"No duh, Sherlock," she grumbled, and put it on quickly as she was jiggled about, and closed the DVD player and stuffed it in her bag.

But she wasn't annoyed, or scared, only exhilorated. She loved this kind of stomach turning danger.
Bring it on! she thought, and glanced out the window at the clouds, which was all that could be seen. Nothing like a good scare in the morning...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2010, 10:25 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

[hey, I'm going out of town tomorrow to see my good friends overnight. I'll return on Saturday to see if I've been accepted. If so, I'll post then! :) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2010, 5:31 pm 

[ Of course you're accepted Eruanna! Please feel free to post :happy:

Argh.. it's so annoying not to have internet available for days! Hopefully my pc is back in shape soon.. :)

I think I'll make another post tommorow, to keep things going.. :) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2010, 5:55 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

(Yes! Let's get the crash going)

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2010, 10:43 am 

Dan took a relieved breath when for a moment the plane ceased to bump. "Thank God," he mumbled to himself. He'd flown before but this was his first long flight. Yet he was not a fan of flying. The lack of control and the altitude probably did it.
He glanced around and watched how the brunette, who was seated a row in front of him, was putting away her DVD player after she'd just bumped her head. "Are you okay?" he informed. "That must have been a nasty hit." He gave her a smile, wondering whether he was the only one feeling worried.
Daniel's attention was distracted when suddenly two stewardesses ran through the aisle in the direction of the cockpit. They paid no attention to the passengers, but quickly fastened their own seatbelts with woried faces. "Why do I get the feeling that something is not right?" he said slowly. His foreboding feelings were confirmed when at once the plane started to shake even more heavily then before. Luggage fell from its compartments while the plane suddenly seemed to drop in mid-air. Deafened by the screams and sounds of the plane, Daniel anxiously grabbed an oxygen mask which had been dropped. He bent forwards and let his head rest on his knees, shutting his eyes, while he kept repeating to himself in panic: Everything will be alright. We'll be okay.
The screams of people in agony echoed in his ears, a sound of an explosion.. a sharp pain in his head.. and then there was just darkness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2010, 4:20 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

((hey I'm back. Don't know if it's too late to post, but I'll try now...))

Jackie was sleeping. Dreaming of her home, calm and quiet. The air conditioning was too cold, and it was too high up to turn off. Zippering up her sweater, she fought to keep her senses in a sleeping state. She felt restless now though, and it annoyed her to have to change time zones to sleep at a different time. She knew she wouldn't be able to sleep for quite a while after she got back home, but she supposed that it didn't matter since her sister would keep her up for hours into the night with her constant questions on how college life was treating her. Jackie heaved a sigh, almost giving up on the idea of actually getting some kind of rest.

It was then that she heard it. Two pairs of heels thudding up the airplane aisle, and she could feel the frantic emotion in the pattern of the running. 

She flashed her eyes open, started out of her reverie. Popping her head up, she let her eyes follow the two stewardesses fleeing towards the cock pit. She suddenly felt a lurch of worry course through her stomach. She heard a few frantic questions from the new bride to her husband just a few rows forward. But his comforting was cut short when the plane suddenly gave a painful lurch, followed by violent shaking that reached Jackie's very core. She seized up when the air masks fell down in front of her eyes, and she heard the screams surrounding her ears as she wrapped her fingers around one of the masks, pulling it and turning to wrap it around the mouth of the child who was seated next to her before pulling one towards the child's mother. She was about to finish off by seizing one for herself when the plane gave another lurch and her head flew forward, throwing itself into the tray that was locked on he seat in front of her. She felt a desperate feeling flow through her veins, and she found the air ripped out of her lunges. Holding what little breath she had left, she sat up straight again, pushed the child's head to meet with his knees, and then managed to seize the last mask dangling there, just getting to wrap it around her nose and mouth before the plane made one last rattle, the screams and yells pounded in her ears and she couldn't see or hear anything else...      

((hope that's okay! ))

Last edited by -Eruanna- on April 19th, 2010, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2010, 12:43 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Michelle had taken her time in arriving to the plane considering that she had wisely arrived at the airport a few hours early. This time accounted for any and all problems that could arise and the most important thing in any recently graduated high school girl - snack time. She was chewing her snacks and perusing the newest Cosmopolitan magazine and shaking her foot to the beat of a song playing on her hot pink iPod when her plane began boarding.

Her magazine shut with a flick of her wrist and she reached down for her duffle bag emblazoned with a wildcat that served as her highschool's mascot. She smiled at the bag and fond memories it brought to mind, now she was going to be a new type of cat - a Tiger (hopefully) - she was due for their cheerleading tryouts at the beginning of the year, but first it was time for some out of town help. Namely an old, well loved and well known, coach named Charlie Lots who offered to assist in furthering her training if she consented to assist in his gym by teaching a younger class. She agreed eagerly as it would look wonderful on her resume.

Through all these exciting thoughts her sneaker clad feet walked her through admission and onto the plane. Her blonde hair flicked briskly on her grey hooded zip up sweatshirt as she wandered the aisles of the plane. There it was - her spot! She hurried over and sat with her bag in her lap until she felt the plane start. Her arm was tapped and sugary sweet voice startled her out of her iPod driven comatose.

"Excuse me miss," the flight attendant said with a smile, "could you put your bag under your seat? The Captain has turned on the seatbelt sign."

"Oh yeah," she said absently, tucking the duffle under her seat. "Sure, no problem." The woman she felt probably didn't hear her as she was already walking down the aisle issuing similarly worded orders to other passengers.

Michelle fastened her belt and plugged herself back into her favorite outlet, completely ignoring the creepy look from one of the men on the plane. He had been staring for a while and she thought that she had something on her face, after discovering that that was not the case she settled on ignoring him and staring out the window as the clouds passed. This slowly turned into her eyes dropping as well as her head and she was asleep until all hell broke loose.

Screams started and the plane shook violently, jolting her awake. "Oh God!" Michelle yelled in a most embarrassing squeaking voice that sounded annoyingly stereotypical cheerleader from Beverly Hills. She clutched at the mask that had fallen in front of her and struggled to get it on. Then partook in yelling more until the plane hit.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next