Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2010, 3:23 pm 

Henry opened his mouth to reply to Kev, but before he managed to speak, the stewardesses were running through the aisles in what was frankly a quite distracting manner, and the thought vanished from his mind.

Stewardesses never ran.

Did that make this an emergency?

He barely had time to reflect on the thought before the plane lurched, much more dramatically this time. Time simultaneously slowed and sped up, and over the screams and the falling luggage and the suddenly very loud aeroplane, Henry somehow managed to pull the bright yellow oxygen mask to his face.

We're going to die, he thought. I never have liked yellow. I wonder who'll miss me?

Then everything went dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2010, 4:14 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

The world began to spin and Ariel knew that this was the end. Her head fell forward and her hand grasped Daeron's and she could feel his own digits squeezing back.

It was just the comfort she needed, but it wasn't enough. The plane continued to jolt and fall endlessly towards the earth. It felt like forever when in actuality it would be only a few minutes before the plane hit the ground and everything burst and went black.

Ariel knew this and her breathing began to quicken, millions of thoughts going through her mind. They weren't lying when they said just before the end you would see your life flash before you... the last images were of her parents and her brother sitting around a campfire just watching the stars... that and the soft chanting of breath. Pained cries and then the world went black.

Daeron had to remain calm, as scared as he was that this was it he had to stay calm for his sister. From her pallor and the way she was breathing he knew she was remembering what had happened to their parents. A thought that he didn't even want to remember.

So when the oxygen masks fell he quickly grasped the one bobbing above Ariel's head and placed it over her mouth, silently chanting to her to breath.

He knew she was listening even if she looked distant because her breath slowed. Daeron had no time to put on his own mask before the plane hit and his body whipped forward, hitting hard against the seat in front of him.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 9:55 pm 
Istari
Istari

Hannah knew she was abnormal. Her clothes fairly screamed "rebel." But that didn’t mean that she was unaffected by a fear of flying. Gripping the armrests of her seat, the punk girl clamped her legs firmly against her travel bag, just in case something happened. Eyes shut so tightly she was seeing stars; Hannah didn’t notice an attendant until the woman cleared her throat. She smiled shakily as the attendant asked, "Anything to drink?"

"Yeah, do ya have some peach soda? If ya don't can I have cherry something?" Hannah highly doubted that the airline had either of these.

“We just so happen to have some peach soda.” The woman poured a cup for her and the punk girl settled back into her seat. Just then the light flickered on and the pilot’s voice came over the system. Things never go well, do they Hannah-girl she thought as she tightened her seatbelt.

The air was bumpy for a moment, then went calm again. Hannah was just about to breath a sigh of relief, when the world dropped. With her thoughts in tatters, she strugged to pull the mask over her face, and just managed before panic set in. The last sounds that the girl heard before she blacked out were the whooshing of air passing the plane and her own terrified screams.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2010, 8:31 am 

[ Okay, I know this is still moving very slowly, but I think it's best if everyone has posted before the plane crashed.. and maybe then things will move somewhat faster. So I'm going to wait for LDM and Eru to post.. :) ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2010, 5:55 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Gah! I'm sorry I haven't been posting, I've been busy and my muse seems to have left me! I promise I will try to post IC as soon as I can which will hopefully be in the next few days(even though I will have alot going on in the next few days... but I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze in some AU time! I just don't have time to post IC right now! I'm so sorry.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 18th, 2010, 1:40 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

Oxygen masks dropped from the sky, and suddenly Kev thought of Osama bin Laden and Hindu cows and how seat cushions had unusually high buoyancies.

"Is this a terrorist attack?" yelled Kev at a running stewardess.

Another jolt of turbulence forced him to sit back back, clutch the arms of his seat, and listen to his stomach make noises. Digestive acids rolled. Burp. That was the pretzels that came in the little plastic bags with the airline's name written on them in flowy script. Burpity burp. That was the McSausage he'd had for breakfast.

We are losing cabin pressure.

Kev considered the oxygen mask, then turned to look at the buttoned-down person in the seat next to him. The buttoned-down person had lost consciousness.

"I'll take care of you," said Kev.

Then he leaned into the aisle and threw up.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2010, 9:36 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

[[everyone's posted pre-crash... What next? :) ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2010, 5:13 pm 

Flashes of light.

Thundering noises.

Blinding pain.

Silence.

Am I dead? Is this heaven?

Slowly Dan opened his eyes. His vision was blurry, his hearing deafened. He almost fainted by an overwhelming pain in his head, as if his skull seemed to crack. This could not be heaven. Dan realised that he lay on the ground and that several bags and suitcases were piled upon him. He became aware of screaming and a roaring sound, like an engine. As quick as he could, Daniel tried to free his numb limbs, and with his hand he touched the backside of his head; his hand was covered with blood. The pain seemed almost unbearable; his thoughts incoherently. Dan tried to focus and move his petrified body.
When he stumbled to his feet, his gaze went through the plane: there were dead and injured people. The plane was seemingly broken in two and the tailsection was one fire. It was then that panic overwhelmed him, and as quick as his bruised legs allowed it, he tried to make his way out of the plane. Suddenly he felt that his feet stumbled over something large, and he lost balance. Daniel soon found that he'd toppled over a person, a living person.
"Hey!" he screamed, go get over the the thundering noises, nudging the person's arm. "Are you alright?"

[ That person could be anyone. Feel free to be that person :P ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2010, 9:50 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

The blackened world quickly became a bright burning white and Ariel groaned in pain. Every thing hurt; her head, legs, arm, just her entire being felt stiff and broken. The bright white light wasn't helping either, but she tried to listen to the words she had always been told: don't go towards the light .

And that was just what she did. Slowly but surely the white shifted to a dirty blue and the past moments came back to her. That falling feeling, the sickening sound of screams all around her, the crashing of the plane.

The crashing of the plane! "Daeron!"

"I'm here..." The voice was rough and ragged, but it was her brother's. Eyes turned to see her brother crawling towards her amongst the debris of the plane. That dirty blue, she just realized, was smoke filled skies, but that wasn't important right now.

What was important was that her brother was alive. Although he seemed to be masking a great pain.

Daeron had wakened a few minutes before his sister. He saw her a few feet from him but his body really was broken. Daeron had tried to stand but couldn't, his leg was broken and his arm was sprained. So with all his might he began to make his way towards the red head because he knew he needed to be there when she woke up... if she woke up.

Thankfully his worst fears did not come true and his sister was alright.

"How are you feeling?"

"It hurts..." Ariel felt tears falling down her cheeks but she didn't care. Normally she hid her sadness from her brother but she couldn't this time and Daeron was not going to make fun of her this time.

"I know... " He ran his fingers through her red tresses while looking around at the wreckage. It was a terrifying sight, bodies strewn around the land, many dead.

"Just rest, I'll be here."

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2010, 10:57 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

[[Hope you don't mind me being that person, Will! :) Also, I was thinking on changing my charrie face... If you don't mind.]]

Jackie hurt. Everywhere. The pain hacked at her head, her neck, her arms, her legs. But mostly in ribcage. It felt like something was digging into it deeply. Her fingers twitched and brushed together. At least she could move her hands. She had to see. But her eyes felt like they weren't her own. She couldn't control her eye lids, and they fluttered needlessly over her eyes. But her senses were starting to awaken, and with them doubled the pain in her body. Something was digging in the back of her neck too, but she was concentrating on the odd feeling of something laying across her midsection. What had happened?

Her eyes were half open, and she could see the billowing smoke smothering the blue sky. Screams, callings and the crackling of flames reached her muffled ears. Oh my God, she prayed quietly.

She would have coiled away. She heard footsteps clunking on the air plane floor just beside her. But she couldn't move, or else was too scared to. And then feet collided with her ribs. She gave a quick groan in the sudden pain. But the kick had woken her up, and her eyes bolted open. But then she saw it.

The child. The little boy that she had put the mask on. His prone form was spread over her midsection. A stranger's shoes were standing next to her. What was going on?!

"Oh my God!" she screamed, trying to sit upright, but the pain rippled through her body from head to foot. The child was still on her. And the stranger was still beside her, asking a question that she didn't hear.

[[omgsh, sorry that's such a rubbish post. I was distracted on the phone whilst writing this, haha...]]

Last edited by -Eruanna- on April 22nd, 2010, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2010, 8:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

“Ugh…” Hannah groaned as she sat up. “I feel like I just got sat on by an elephant.” Blinking her eyes a couple of times, the punk girl observed the wreckage around her. Flaming bits of plane and bodies, she couldn’t tell if they were alive or dead, littered the ground. She got shakily to her feet and was happy to discover that her zipped and locked travel bag was still intact beside her, the long strap wrapped around her ankles.

Hannah smiled. This bag contained all she ever needed. Soap, shampoo, extra clothes, solar power converter (just in case), and a few other survival items along with a notebook and a pack of pencils. With her parent's money, getting it through customs had been a breeze. Better paranoid then sorry, and she had been right. Picking up the bag, she slung it over her shoulder.

She put a hand to her forehead and grimaced when it came away bloody. She’d have to clean it soon, but that could wait. Others needed her attention. Going over to the nearest reviving person, she offered them a hand up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 12:31 am 
Mageling
Mageling

Kev woke up strapped to his seat with an oxygen mask over his face. His seat lay turned on its side under a too blue sky. His cheek pressed against the sun-beaten sand. The plane itself was nowhere in sight.

What a dream.

He twisted his head to blink up at the red-haired girl standing beside him. His vision blurred, and she melted into the sunlight. His vision cleared and she was once again standing there, offering her hand.

I've never seen you before. Why are you part of my subliminal mind?

That's what he'd meant to say, but he choked on the sand in his throat. He flopped around in his overturned seat and managed to find the seat belt, which he unclasped. He rolled onto his hands and knees, hacking up sand, before accepting the girl's hand and letting her pull him to his feet.

That's why they tell you to wear seat belts.

He'd meant to say that, too, but just then he caught sight of the wreckage of the plane, the fires, the smoke curling into the sky. The many, many dead bodies.

This was just like that episode in Lost. Beach. Lots of dead people. He had to be dreaming.

"Hey," he said, turning to the red-haired girl. Blood trickled down her forehead. She'd looked taller while he was on the ground. "Can you pinch me? Please? Not too hard though because I'm still a little sore."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2010, 7:27 pm 

Henry was dreaming. He was dreaming about a plane crash. Annoyingly, he seemed to be involved in it. Perhaps he could alert someone to this and they'd fix it. Why was there so much screaming? Maybe it was his neighbours. They screamed a lot. They liked screaming, especially early in the morning. And they'd entered his subconcious. That would explain it. Maybe the whole thing was a metaphor for his life.

Henry woke up and the dream didn't go away.

He remembered and almost wished he hadn't.

The first thing that bothered him was that he wasn't in an airplane chair. It wasn't the greatest of his worries, though, since he was still alive. Seemingly. He doubted that any sort of afterlife would sound like a jet engine. Of course, who was to say it couldn't...

Henry wondered just how injured he was. He closed his eyes, suddenly afraid to look in case he was missing a limb or something. He'd spotted blood on his shirt, though he wasn't positive it was even his.

You're fine, he told himself. Nothing felt too wrong, so he raised a hand to his head, which had started to ache. Blood.

Oddly calm about the situation, he attempted to stand. He'd go and help someone. Yes, that would be a good way to start things off. Sitting in the sand and panicking wouldn't do anyone any good.

He only wished he knew more about aeroplanes.

[[ack. writer's block. Sorry it took me so long to post. :duh:]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 29th, 2010, 2:50 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Michelle felt as if her entire face was on fire. The plane had crashed and fortunately (and unfortunately) the subsequent mayhem had tossed her from her seat and straight into the sand. She felt a bruise forming on her cheek where her oxygen mask slammed into her face and the rest was undoubtedly a type of hardcore strawberry on her right side from being thrown against sand and her body coasting through it for a bit.

The first thing she did was remove the offending piece of plastic from her face and touch her now injured cheek. The next was to see if she had all her limbs.

Right arm. Left arm. Right leg. Left leg. Fingers. Toes. She moved them all in turn; satisfied, she decided to test if she could actually use them like before.

She pushed up off the ground with a painful hiss and deduced that at least her right wrist was sprained - maybe broken. To her everlasting joy though, she found that both her legs (though sore and screaming) worked as well as before and her left arm was fine to. Her facial wound and cuts on the side seemed to be superficial, but they were not at all pretty.

Now that she was standing she looked around. The blonde's first reaction to all the bodies was to scream - which she did. It was quickly followed by the urge to vomit - she complied immediately. After tasting her sandwich for the second time that day she staggered down the beach where she saw (or thought she saw) the outlines of people and they were alive.

"Thank God." She said with obvious relief. "Some of us made it."

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 29th, 2010, 9:21 am 
Istari
Istari

The red-head obliged, with a humorless chuckle. “Dunno what good it’ll do. I think we’re all gonna be a bit sore for the next few days.”

She looked around, and, almost as if reading the other teen’s thoughts, murmured, “Looks like somethin’ outta Lost. I used to eat that show up like penny candy. That must be why I was so paranoid of flying.” Her hand unconsciously crept towards her travel bag as she surveyed the scene. Hannah was slightly dismayed, she didn't have enough first aid stuff to care for everyone. She would have to go looking for medicinal herbs soon.

Then she realized that she was spacing out… again. Turning toward her newfound companion, she held out her hand in greeting. “I’m Hannah Johnson. I was on my way to my grandparents until college in the fall when this,” she gestured to the wreckage, “happened. What’s your story?”

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 29th, 2010, 9:43 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

[[hey I was thinking on making a male charrie as well. Would that be okay? :) ]]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next