Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 6:43 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Jason walked out of the inn after almost an hour. He had a job.
Ten years as a captain in the army, ten years risking his life...and he was to be a farm labourer. Before the war he'd worked in his fathers shop, spices, tea, sugar. He'd been of good familly. But a few years in and his father had died. With everyone trying to save pennies buissness had dried up and his sister's husband had sold the buissness.
Now he was nothing. The lowest labourer on a farm a good hours walk away.

He saw Selene waiting ahead of him. He walked past her briskly "I'v found a job. Did you get your things? Good. Lets go home." He set off back at a fast march.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 6:49 pm 
Maia
Maia

Selene frowned, if he found a job, shouln't he have been happy. She hurried to catch up to him. WhEn they arrived home she put her things away, putting the sheath in the pocket of her dress. Finally she went and looked at her husband where he now sat. "I bought something for you. I had a bit of extra, and it was cheap. I know its simple, But I saw how you were carring for your dagger, and I bought this." she said and took the sheath out nervousely. "Its an aplogy for what ever I may have done to make you so angery with me."

((Here is the sheath. http://iwantthatknife.com/Gallery/album ... eathed.jpg ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2010, 2:50 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(pwettyyyy)

Jason had been sitting there berateing himself. It wasn't her fault he was to be a farm labourer, he shouldn't have taken it out on her. For that matter being a farm worker wasn't a bad job, it was just his pride that had been hurt. Many men did not have a job. Many men were dead.

She approched him, and he who was fearless was ashamed and could not meet her eyes. She gave him the sheaf and as he took it he let his hand linger on hers. "I'm sorry" was all he could say. But despite not meeting her eyes it was said clearly.

He closely examined the sheaf. It was of good quality and would last well, before takeing out his dagger from its old sheaf, nearly falling apart and slotted it into its new home. He looked up at her and smiled. "It is perfect thankyou."

He stooped down and plucked a daisy from the grass at his feet. "I am sorry about my temper. It was a wound to my pride to find no work but that of a lowly paid labourer. But it was unfair of me to take it out on you. You have waited many years for yours husbands return. And back comes an old man who can offer you nothing but bad temper and misplaced pride." So saying he offered her the daisy in return, moveing to place it behind her ear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2010, 4:49 pm 
Maia
Maia

Slene smiled with a shy, yet exicted smile. "Jason . . ." She looked down and shook her head. "I don't care what kind of job you have. I was alone ten years, loving you, being so proud for what you were doing. And now your back with me. I love you. You've been through so much, I know. But none of that matters to me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2010, 5:35 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"I know" He pulled her into his arms and held her close. When he had come back he had hugged her, but he had not touched her since. He stood for some moments simply holding her. He had to say it, it was not in his nature to decive or lie in any way. "I don't love you Selene. I feel an affection for you...but I love the wife I left behind. We have both changed...I'm so sorry Selene." He gently kissed the top of her head and tucked the daisy behind her ear.
He turned around and strode off quickly into the forest behind the house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2010, 6:08 pm 
Maia
Maia

((Oh, I feel so sorry for selene. Well Hopefully he will love her again.))

Selene was frozen once more that day. She knew he meant well, but his words hurt her to her core. Had she changed so much . . . she was older, yes, and she learned intependance, yes. But she still liked the same things she always had. She had tried to remain true to him, and what he knew of her. Yet this was what she feared the most, not his anger, or coldness, but that he woul no longer love her. She covered her mouth to hide the sob the treatened to escape her throat. She loved him, not just the man who left, but the man who returned, because in returneing he proved she meant more to him. He could have made her think him long dead and gone on to a new life, but he came back to her, improved in a way, stonger. Yet he no longer loved her, she had tried so hard to be the wife he remebered, little things, but it seemed like none of it mattered. She knelt on the floor, no longer to hold it in, she cried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 2:25 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

( i knowwww, but the title is peace is not sound. and i thought it was just going along tooooo nicely.)

Jason walked till he could no longer hear her cries. He wanted to run back, to tell her it wasn't true, to gather her into his arms and wiper her tears away. But that would not be fair, it would only confuse her and give her false hope. Besides, saying he loved her would be a lie; and Jason had watched men die becuase someone had lied.

He wished he still loved her.

He hoped he could grow to love her.

He would try his hardest.

But he did not go back just yet. Instead he decided to go hunting, he might not be the perfect loveing husband she deserved. But at least he could still fufill his duties as a husband.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 2:33 pm 
Maia
Maia

((True, I mentioned the title to my paretnt, that the idea if something is sound, it is calm and that good, there fore peace isn't good in this case, its not sound and good. . . . They both think its a stupid title.))

After a while Selene wipped her tears and went to the stew to check on it. She wanted to feel nmb, she had built a wall so she wouldn't feel the lonelyness until Jason returned, and as she said before he found a crack, but he wasn't water, he was something worse. She sat there stirring the stew for who may know how long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 4:26 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

An hour or so later Jason returned with a couple of rabbits swinging from his belt. He hung them from the rafters outside the house; cutting the throats to bleed them out. He stepped into the house and walked up behind her. He did not touch her, only left a small bunch of flowers nex to her. "I'm so sorry Selene. I wish it wasn't like this." He turned away and sat down in a darked courner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 5:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

SElene looked at the flowers. she didn't know what to think. HE claimed he didn't love her, but he brought flowers. She sighed and looked at him in the corner. She felt like he was worlds away, and ther was no way to travel to his world, nor he to hers.

Last edited by Misa_Amane on August 22nd, 2010, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 2:26 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"Thankyou for the sheaf" He called softly. "Its perfect. I got us some rabbits, i'l butcher them tommoro when i get back from work."
He was trying to make normal conversation.
"Please Selene...please give me timeto love you once more." The last was said even softer, barely audibel to anyone's but her ears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 5:00 pm 
Maia
Maia

Selene nodded. "ok." she said quietly. she felt the tears again and wiped them away looking at the stew. "Its almost ready." she told him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 3:32 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

He hoped desperately that he heard her. He didn't know what he could say to make it better, at least he knew what he could say, but it would be a lie.
And he would not lie to his wife.
He wished she could see that.

He got up and began to lay the table. It comforted him that everything was still in its same place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 5:09 pm 
Maia
Maia

When the stew was finished, Selene gathered a couple of bowls and scooped the stew into them. After doing so she place them onto the table before starting on her own bowl. She wanted to talk with Jason, but after the truth came out, she knew not what to say. When she was along, meal time and the nighttime were the worst because of the silence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2010, 4:16 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Jason watched her with a heavey heart. What could he say to break the heavey silance between them?
He took a few mouthfuls of his stew before his senses overwelamed him. The aroma, of rich meat and fine herbs assasiled his nostrils makeing his mouth water with anticipation of his next mouthful.
And then the taste! The herbs he had just smelled combined together to make the most delicuouse of flavours. It was meaty and rich, warming and filling. For ten years he had eaten army rations suplimented by whatever they could find. But now, this!

He looked up and true admiration was written on his face. "Selene" he gasped "This is the most, delishiouse, no. Such a word dose not do it justice, magnificent, hevenly, food I have ever eaten. It is like....i cannot describe this." He closed his eyes and let him self savour the taste.
He opened his eyes and rached over and took her hand. "Thankyou" He smiled loveingly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2010, 6:44 pm 
Maia
Maia

Selene felt her face flush red. "T-thank you. Its not big a deal. It the easiest thing to make with the scraps I havve lying around. To be honest, its mostly leftovers. The rations not enough to make anythign more. Stew is the easiest way to strech the food ot for days." She looked at him. "I'm glad you like it, I know I was an ok cook when we first got married." She felt a small smile form. "Like when I over cooked the fish once."