Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Masks of Darkness
PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 1:41 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"But, if we want to keep it hush, how would we recruit others on this mission?" Gwiri inquired of the group. "We are a strange group. A dwarf, a man, and two elven maidens. I am sure that curiosity would bring many to us, but how would we tell who to trust? Though maybe it is not as hard a task, since the four of us seem to have put quick trust in each other."
She closed her eyes for a moment as she spoke, then looked at each. The man Gannicus pointed out two people that looked to have interest in the group. They had the look of siblings to the elf's eyes.
"Surely we need not be wary of them, they have honest faces," she said balatantly. But then the man and woman came closer, obviously having noticed the glances in their direction. Gwiri glanced at Gannicus at his comment of how they might have attracted the two's attention, before turning to face them.
"I am sorry if we seem wary of you with our glances, Olivia and Aiden Thorne. It is our conversation that makes us so. But I do not think we are in need of your help, unless you are truelly offering assistance," at the last part she glanced at the others. "Though maybe introduction is in order. I am Gwirithiel Aldalaer of the Forest Elves."

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 12:25 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Agron was walking the town when he met one of the strangest sights he had ever seen. Two elves, a dwarf, three humans all immersed in conversation.
He moved closer and heard one of the elves introduce themselves and talk about a desire for assistance.
He moved closer still and saw one of the last people he would think to see.
''Gannicus'' he said loudly while moving forward and pulling him into a rough hug. ''It is good to see you brother'' he said, positively beaming. '' I am Agron'' he said addressing the others with a slight bow of the head. ''If assistance is what you need, I would be glad to help in whatever need possible''

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 8:18 pm 
Maia
Maia

Today seemed to be the oddest day that Gannicus had ever encountered. First he had met two elves and a dwarf, he also seemed to be going on some sort of mission and then he turns to find one of his closest friends. (though I am not with that many friends he thought to himself)
He embraced Agron and was genuinely pleased to see him. '' As you all may have gathered, this is Agron'' he said giving him a slap on the back. '' he will be of immeasurable help to us no matter what it is we do'' he told them all.
''I am Gannicus'' he said, his eyes resting mostly on Olivia and almost not even noticing her brother. ''it is a pleasure'' he said producing his most charming smile and taking her hand and kissing it just as he had done earlier to Gwiri.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 11:44 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

"Well met, Gwirithiel," Aiden said simply in return, his voice deeper than his face would have predicted. He was surprised that his sister had not already replied to the Elf, being quick-witted and tongued, but it seemed that she was transfixed in the middle of a gentlemanly kiss -- at least, that is what Olivia would have explained it. Her face showed no emotion, only a small smile escaped onto her lips as she glanced at her brother, who scowled. Taking her hand back from Gannicus' grasp, she nodded in return to Gwirithiel's greeting before speaking.

"Hullo Agron," She greeted the newcomer. "I am Olivia, and this is Aiden. You just missed our introductions. My brother here is a blacksmith and can make any weapon that has been invented, and then some...or are you suggesting that the ability to weild them is needed in order to assist you? If that is the case, he -- and I -- both weild weapons with practiced skill, despite our lack on actual experience in the field."

"We just stopped into town to grab some supplies," Aiden explained further. "If you all are truly in need of help, I am sure that my sister and I would be more than willing to help in any way we can; we are not warriors, but simple folk with strong hearts. Yet a noble cause can go a long way, and with some details and explanation, I am sure we will hope on board." Olivia nodded with a brief glance back in Gannicus' direction. Not bad looking, for a mortal. She mused to herself. I wouldn't mind to see what this little adventure could stir up.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 10:43 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Agron inclined his head as Olivia introduced herself and her brother.
''Good to meet you both' he said with a smile. He then noticed the look shared between Gannicus and Olivia. He couldn't help a small laugh, ''Gannicus hasn't changed in the slightest'' he thought to himself.
He then moved to address the entire group. ''It would seem we all are able to use weapons. Would you be kind enough to fill us three newcomers on what it is we might need them for? Whatever the outcome I will keep it within this group''

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 11:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

Gannicus noticed Olivia smile as she took her hand back. ''I have not lost my touch. She certainly is pretty'' he said in his head.
''We would be glad of your help'' he said with a smile in Olivia's direction.
''As for Agron's question. We were deciding to search for the source of all of these raids and such. Discover the problem and then decide on a course of action.The dukes of this town and as well as neighboring ones can not be relied on to take any action.he concluded.
He surveyed the group and made mental comments. The elves would, no doubt, be good in battle as the dwarf would also. I myself have seen Agron fight and would be glad of him to join us. As for the new pair. I would be glad of their company. His gaze moved to Olivia again. I shall enjoy this mission He couldn't help a grin showing up on his face as he said '' Now how shall we proceed?''

PostPosted: July 18th, 2011, 10:31 am 
Elf
Elf

Eruraina wrote:
Then a red garbed man came out from around a corner, daggers flashing. Wolfe wipped out his wrist knives and quickly came to stand between the man and Holly...

"Dude. Want some coffee?" :p

He smiled, anticipating some excitement in this dump, at last. Slashing downwards at Wolfe, he advanced slowly but carefully. No one ever beat him. Not once. And all those that opposed him usually ended up dead.

Holly backed away into a corner, her head moving back and forth as she watched the fight. She knew what the Master was going to do next, his next move. But telling Wolfe aloud would attract the Master's attention, and she didn't really want that. Or, maybe, on the other hand, she did. . .

Picking up a rock, she yelled to the Master. "Hey!" That alone was enough to get his attention. Turning his back on Wolfe (which was pretty stupid), he grinned and started walking towards Holly, who had her eyes closed, praying that Wolfe knew what to do. Which he probably did.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 19th, 2011, 12:10 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gwiri couldn't help but almost sigh. So much for secrecy, she thought to herself. But then again, what did it really matter, anyway? It wasn't like they were against anything that really had spies... that she knew of.
"I am Gwirithiel Aldalaer of the forest elves, daughter of King Galadhir, but please just call me Gwiri," again she introduced herself, this time to the new man, Argon.
"Gannicus is right. I have already attempted to speak with all the surrounding dukes as well as the one of this city, but to no avail. They lock themselves in their estates as if these trouble do not stand on their doorsteps. My own land was attacked, and I am desprate to save my people," she said, glancing at each of the three new people. "Help would be very much accepted. But first we must decide where to go, guess where the attacks are coming from. They started in the north, did they not?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wolfe easily dodged the man's attacks. He could have blocked, parried, and counter attacked. But instead Blackwing wanted to see how this man worked. So he simply dodged and side stepped away. To the assassin's trained eyes, he could tell the man was a bit sloppy, but still kept his guard up, not giving any good openings. At least if he had been fighting someone who was just a swordsman.

He was about to make his move when the girl spoke up, getting the dungeon master's attention. The man in crymson garb turned towards the girl, leaving his back an open target.
"Idiot..." Wolfe murmered under his voice, and without a second thought, took those few steps to catch up to the man and sunk his hidden blade into the man's back. Got his spine in just the right place. The man fell foward right at Hollie's feet...

PostPosted: July 19th, 2011, 12:42 am 

Aiden nodded as he recieved more details from Gwiri and Gannicus about the mission. With the mention of raiders, his heart hardened and turned black with hatred. The air around him seemed to be tinted with the sour smell of blood as his vision clouded with shades of black and grey, ashes falling from the sky as the fire roared; never loud enough to cover his father's agonizing screams, nor dark enough to cover that toothy grin...Aiden's memory from the past was broken up by Olivia's touch. He could feel her palm and fingertips grow warm -- she must have slipped a calming streak through him, for he felt the memory fade and now saw the faces of his soon-to-be-companions rather than the death that haunted him for months now. He stole a glance over to her and nodded once, to let her know he was okay. She tilted her head in acknowledgement and waited a few seconds before removing her hand, and then spoke.

"They indeed started from the North; many villiages burned there, months ago. I did not realize that the raids were still going on strong, and how blind the dukes have treated them...Aiden and I are very cut off in the forest," she paused, not sure how foreward she should be. She definitely could not reveal this personal connection to the maurauders, as that could lead to denial in going on this mission -- being personally involved meant letting emotions, e.g., revenge, guide your judgement, in turn possibly leading to disaster. Better to keep secrets, then. She thought and continued, "I say that we head south -- most likely their projection headed them in that direction, since they began in the north; try to catch a hot trail and then follow in pursuit. They will most likely not stop until they have reached their goal, if the rumors are true. What that goal is, we need to discover, if we truly are to defeat them! Numbers, I fear, are already against us, so any upper hand we can gain with knowledge will be welcomed."

PostPosted: July 19th, 2011, 3:28 am 
Maia
Maia

Gannicus listened to all that was said and took a moment before replying. He noticed Aiden's demeanor change when raiders were mentioned and then he seemed to relax after his sister's touch which Gannicus thought came from a glowing hand. He decided not to comment.
'' I would agree that we should go South. It would not make sense for them to remain in the areas where they have already pillaged.Hopefully we will be able to track them, find them and then think of a way to rid ourselves of the problem.If you are all agreeable I would suggest we leave soon. Should we gather supplies before we leave? I have my weapons and some food. Yet I would not refuse more ale'' he added with a laugh. He was in high spirits as he had finally found something to do. My hand would do better to hold a sword again rather than a tankard he thought.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 4:15 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Gramsil felt himself a bit overwhelmed by the sudden coming of new people. So much for be careful of who knew. People were joining left and right it seemed like. It was hard to keep up with introductions. It was like everyone had to introduce themselves specifically to each person, making themselves have to introduce themselves more times then necessary. The dwarf was almost getting bored with all this talk.
"Well, f'er you new folks. I'm Gramsil, not that you care, I'd think," he said louder than need be. "But sounds like we got the workin's of a plan. South it is, then!" With the last sentence he patted the head of his axe at his belt.

"What do ye all say instead of dallyin' around here, we stop talkin and start doin'. I'd think we'd need a good new map, food, and other supplies. And for some, our goodbye's. Though the last don't refer to me, since all my people are back home under the mountain."

PostPosted: August 9th, 2011, 7:57 am 
Elf
Elf

Holly stared wide-eyed at where the man fell. She blinked a few times and then peered down the hallway. There seemed to be light ahead. "C'mon mister Wolfe, sir! Let's go!"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 9th, 2011, 3:34 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gwiri watched a listened a moment. A plan was formed, and the men seemed to be almost bent set on following it. And why not? It was a good plan. Follow raiders to find their goal. But would it really be that easy? Maybe thinking it would be complicated would make it complicated, and approaching it simply would keep it simple. It made sence, at any rate.

"Alright," she nodded to the dwarf's words. "We have a heading of where we are going, and what we are doing. A map we do not need concern ourselves about. I have a relatively new map with me already that we can go by. So far I have not found any errors in the geography on it. As for food and supplies, I would say to each their own. But maybe we should decide, do we want steeds or no? Steeds would give us more haste and carry more supplies, but on the other hand it would slightly hinder stealth."

~~~~

Wolfe ignored the corpse after making sure it was a corpse. He then nodded to Holly as she drew his attention to a light ahead.
"Time to get out of this dungeon," he said, leading the way towards the light, but paused at the doorway and took a quick peak on the other side...

PostPosted: August 20th, 2011, 8:59 am 
Elf
Elf

Holly emerged into a wide forest, astonished. She had never seen anything like this before. Pointing to a tree, she turned to Wolfe.

"What's that?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 20th, 2011, 11:48 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

It felt good to be in the open air again. Wolfe took a deep breath, and glanced behind him. Strange that the dungeon let out here. It had to be a back exit. But then, why had it been open so? It was easy to get out. Too easy, Wolfe thought.

But those thoughts were interupted by the girl when she said something that was quite strange to him. She asked what a tree was. He raised an eyebrow, a motion hidden by his hood.
"That, would be a tree... have you been a prisoner under the warden there your whole life?" he asked of her...

PostPosted: August 20th, 2011, 6:12 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

ot: mind if i join? I'll try to jump in as best i can.

Bio template
Name: Janine (usually goes by Jane)
Race: Human
Appearance: Image
Personality: She is a rather corky person. She has strong and independant character, and is persistant and fearless. She is also very sweet and empathetic, and cares about the helpless. Though she has an innocent character, she is definatly not naieve, and she will not stand and let people walk over her or take advantage of her. She is also a feirce and loyal friend.
Weapons/Skills/Magic: Jane has no magical skills, but she is learned in healing, and herbalism. Though she is not knowlegable about fighting or wepons, She carries a small silver knife for cutting herbs, and a long dagger, which she keeps hidden in her belt.
History: Jane's father died of illness years ago, but her mother owns a herb and apothocary shop, which Jane helps in. One day, Jane was in the woods by her village. There was a terribal noise, and she saw smoke and fire coming from the town. When she rushed back, she saw that the entire place was destoryed, and no one had survived. Jane found her mother dieing, crushed under the beams of their herb shop. Jane's mother began rasping some crazy, half disorented things, but she gave Jane a strange, beautiful amulet (a blue, irridesent stone surrounded by gold edging) and told Jane to stay safe, and keep it safe. Now Jane is on a quest for answers.
Other: Janine is currently traveling around, trying to pick up answers, and learn things. She is broken by the death of her mother and her village, which drives her. Jane travels in her simple pesant dress and bodice, with a long brown hooded cloak.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next