Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Robots vs. Humans
PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 3:56 pm 
Elf
Elf

The year is 2011. Everything is normal and how it should be here on our world of Earth. Or is it?

A door has been discovered. A door, that wasn't there yesterday, cropping up in a basement of a house that hasn't been lived in for years. The door leads to a parallel universe, where everything looks just like it does on our world. But wait. . .were those robots marching down the street?!

In this parallel world, the people of Thear are controlled by one government: the robots. Us humans are the minority, living in the robot's shadow of power. People don't try to resist; it's just useless. Kids try to have a normal life, but it's impossibly hard. . .

Before the Old Thear fell, to be dominated by the robots, there were four kids created by the old government. Four kids who, if need be, could destroy the robot's iron grip over Thear. They have special abilities. Two are still on Thear, asleep, locked in an old and unused laboratory. They were meant to have been awakened by their creators, who unfortunately killed before they could release the kids. And two were sent to our world, where they have been living a normal life all these years. But the time has arisen for them, along with the other two trapped on Thear, to take control of their abilities and crush the robots once and for all.

Are you with me?

Okay! We need characters. I'll be playing one of the two kids who were locked in the laboratory on Thear. Here's the main list of who/what we need:

Robots:
Commander-
Spy-
Gadget Person-

Kids-
Earth Person- Jamie Williams (Darkheart)
2nd Earth Person- Olivia Adams (Ennostiel)
Thear Person- Lily Falkon (Harthad)
2nd Thear Person- River Roth (Morgana)

And that's it for the main characters. If you want to jump in as someone else entirely, that's fine. Just post your character bios. :)

Name: Lily Falkon
Race : Human
Height : 5'6'
Place of Residence : Thear
Family : TBD
Special Abilities : Foresight
Weapons : TBD
Personality : TBD
Appearance: Grey eyes, long-ish red hair
History: Lily was created in a laboratory by the old government before the robots took over. She really only knows her name, and how to talk. She's been asleep for fourteen years, perhaps even longer.

Click here to visit my site!

Last edited by Harthad on July 18th, 2011, 9:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Robots vs. Humans
PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 4:38 pm 
Elf
Elf

Hell yeah! :teehee:

Name: Jamie Williams
Race: Human
Place of Residence: Earth
Special Abilities: Manipulation of electricity
Personality: She's a teenager, use your imagination.
Appearance: one / two / three
History: Jamie liked her adopted parents, hated high school and has no idea that she came from a parallel world.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 4:46 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ooooh, awesome. Can I quickly grab the 2nd Earth Person? I don't have time for a bio right now but count me in :teehee:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 1:02 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Location: In my library, unconvering dark and mysterious secrets...

I can't join, but I'd just like to say this sounds like a lot of fun. I'll probably keep up with you guys and read it all though :)

Thanks Nurratiel, *Ennostiel*, PD, and Githoniel

PostPosted: June 30th, 2011, 6:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Here's my bio :happy: ;

Name: Olivia Adams
Race: Human
Place of Residence: Earth
Special Abilities: Telepathy/Telekinesis
Personality: Fairly friendly, but she's known the people around her for a long time. Can be quite nervous around new people depending on how they meet, but all in all she's quite trusting and open.*
Appearance: Olivia 1, Olivia 2, Olivia 3,
History: Olivia was a young child when she was sent to Earth and remembers nothing of Thear. She was adopted by a young couple who didn't, and haven't told her she was adpoted. She moved once when she was five, but she has been living in her current home since then and is recognised in the area. Olivia enjoyed primary** school and also the first couple of years of high school. Now, she is growing restless, and though she still enjoys most of the work and people there, she wants to move on.

*Personalities tend to change for me so that's most definitely not set in stone.
**Elementary school I guess? :P

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 5th, 2011, 11:17 am 
Elf
Elf

Okay! :D An yes, Ennostiel, elementary school. :) So, now we just need one more person to play the 2nd Thear person, and we'll be all set. We can divide the Robot parts up among ourselves.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 2:35 pm 
Istari
Istari

Name: River Roth
Height : 5'2'
Place of Residence : Thear.
Weapons : No at the moment
Personality : Rather spunky, very social, full of laugh and has 1000 ideas for a minute.
Appearance: Blue eyes, fair skin, short red hair.
History: River is one of the kids that were created in laboratory. He doesn't remember her life before but knows that she is *different* She feel it. She smells it. The other way, she must *see* it...

Last edited by Cara on July 16th, 2011, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 9:54 am 
Elf
Elf

Morgana wrote:
Name: River Roth
Height : 5'2'
Place of Residence : Earth.
Weapons : No at the moment
Personality : Rather spunky, very social, full of laugh and has 1000 ideas for a minute.
Appearance: Blue eyes, fair skin, short red hair.
History: River is one of the kids sent to Earth from the robot invaded planet. He doesn't remember her life beforee but knows that she is *different* She feel it. She smells it. The other way, she must *see* it...

Morgana, we already have all the Earth people. But you would consider switching River to Thear, then that would be great. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 10:53 am 
Istari
Istari

Done! *must.write.while.awaken* :duh:

PostPosted: July 18th, 2011, 9:52 am 
Elf
Elf

Okay! :D I think we can start. I think that one of the Earth people should kick us off because River and Lily are currently stuck in a lab. . . .unconscious. :p

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 9:32 am 
Elf
Elf

Dragging her heels, Jamie made her way home. Autumn was in the air, crisp and cool as it was, and it seemed to have settled upon the inhabitants of the sleepy town: barely anyone walked the streets and anyone who did dressed in muted shades, walked calmly, with purpose, and didn't so much as spare a second glance for the teenager that meandered past them, eyes on the floor in front of her, the far-away expression in her eyes hinting that wherever she was walking she was doing so automatically, without conscious thought. The sneakers she was wearing were old and faded but she didn't care; nor did she realise that the laces were slowly loosening, as was their custom, threatening to undo themselves entirely. With her hands in the pockets of her jacket she walked, following her feet as much as anything else.

Night was falling ever so slowly. One by one the street lamps blinked on, starting with the ones furthest away from her. The electrical buzz of them powering up caught Jamie's attention and dragged her out of her trail of thought, much to her dismay and surprise. Halting in her tracks she lifted her gaze until she was staring at the light directly above her head, daring it show insolence by lighting up and interrupting her path. It did, of course: within seconds it had blared into life and she had to quickly raise a hand to shield her eyes from the sudden, unfriendly orange light coming from above. Blinking rapidly to clear the spots from her vision, Jamie rushed through a thousand unhappy phrases and insults in her mind, abusing the light mentally and without restraint. Shaking her head and blinking down at her feet she found her vision was fine again, thankfully, so she cast a cursory scowl back at the light and made to continue on her way.

She was stopped, however, by a sharp pop and a fizzing that both unnerved her and rooted her to the spot. The light above her appeared to have flared out, breaking the bulb and showering her in harmless sparks. Jamie shook herself as if to clear the sparks from her clothes before practically jumping to a spot several feet away where she stared at the light wondering what on Earth had happened. It was taking an abnormally large effort to get her thoughts to cooperate with her in a way that was useful; they seemed to enjoy running in circles in her mind, only exacerbating the headache that was beginning to form behind her eyes.

While she stood and tried to gather her wits, Jamie became quite conscious of a small nagging compulsion, an overwhelming urge to walk and keep walking. Grasped by the strangeness of the evening but unable to overcome it enough to take back control of her actions she acquiesced, letting her feet take her were she needed to go as her mind buzzed, racing far faster than usual.

By the time she'd calmed down enough to be able to pause and think clearly, the voice had faded. Unable to explain anything that had happened within the twenty minutes since she'd been stood underneath the street lamp, Jamie sat on the low wall she'd found herself stood by and just breathed. After a few minutes of sitting with her head in her hands she realised that she wasn't even sure what part of town she was in so, in an effort to make the situation seem a little bit more rational, she stood and looked around, attempting to get her bearings despite the looming darkness.

The first thing she noticed was the house. The very air about it seemed as archaic and decayed as the building itself. Obviously the house hadn't known occupants for some time: wooden panels from the porch had fallen and not being repaired, windows had been smashed and left and the front door itself was hanging on only one hinge, but even that looked as if it were about to give up.

Stepping carefully over the threshold, Jamie figured that it probably be wise to go back home, have some hot chocolate, relax and try to suss everything out. Despite thinking this she continued to walk forward warily, pointedly ignoring her own advice and sliding past the unhinged door and into the musty foyer of the building. At a guess, she would have said it could have been a pretty impressive building in its day, for the staircase was grand but unkempt; the carpets, though threadbare, seemed to once have been luxurious and richly coloured; the wallpaper that hung off the wall in sheets was faded and grey but the pattern was still slightly legible, an old if fashionable design. The place reeked of forgotten grandeur but there was something off about it, something not quite right.

There wasn't a speck of dust on anything. Not the old fashioned, polished bannisters, not the tables, not the floor. It wasn't as if the house had been cleaned of the dust, it was simply as if it had never been there in the first place, as if none had tread there in a long while. As if the entire house had been frozen in time.

A door at the other end of the hallway inexplicably drew her attention. Her heartbeat thundered in her ears and she stepped slowly as if the floor might collapse underneath her feet; with every step she grew more tense and anxious until, when she closed her mind and started mumbling under her breath to keep her calm, there was a faint click somewhere behind her. Spinning around and seeing no-one, Jamie concluded that it was just her mind playing tricks on her. That is, at least, until the lights flickered on, one after the other, down the length of the hallway. Everything that had been dark was now illuminated, she could see perfectly, and as such some of her anxiety lifted.

Turning to her right, Jamie saw the light switch - untouched. Lifting a hesitant hand so her palm was a few inches away and parallel to it, she focused what remained of her concentration and was rewarded when the light above her head blinked out after less than thirty seconds. Looking up at the light then back at the hand she hadn't even touched the light switch with in disbelief, Jamie forgot the mysterious door and took heavy steps towards the staircase, sitting upon it and trying unsuccessfully to wrap her mind around her new-found ability.

Do you feel... electricity?

PostPosted: August 15th, 2011, 7:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

“Bye!” A chorus rung out as Olivia exited her school and turned in the opposite direction to the friends she had been walking with. She smiled and waved them off, walking backwards for a few seconds before returning to walk normally towards her house. It was the weekend now, and though she had nothing planned, she was looking forward to it.
This weekend will be amazing. She thought to herself, daydreaming as she walked. She didn’t know why that thought had been running through her head, and she didn’t expect anything amazing or special to happen, but she couldn’t leave it behind. It had been following her all week. Other people’s weekends will be amazing, but she didn’t believe hers would be. Not this weekend. She had no reason to think that.
Something is going to happen. The connected thought popped into her head and she sighed before walking faster, wanting to get home and out of her uniform. Many alien thoughts had been appearing in her head recently, things she herself would never think, and things that she may, but would never admit openly. Something inside her had stirred, and no matter how much she tried to deny, or push it down, she wanted excitement. She wanted change, and she wanted to leave the small town she lived in. It was getting more cramped by the day, and she was restless. She didn’t want to be, but yet, she was, and she couldn’t stop feeling that she needed to be somewhere else.

“Hello Olivia, good day at school?”
She smiled as one of her next door neighbours walked past and nodded. “Of course, as always. How about you?”
“I haven’t been to school in fifty years.” Her neighbour laughed and Olivia grinned. “But I have had a wonderful day as I assume you meant. I’ve got new flowers for my garden.”
“Great. I’ll look forward to them blooming. Bye.” She waved as she turned the corner onto her street and approached her house. She was used to the tedious conversations she was often brought into on her walk home, and she had gotten fairly good at acting interesting in the small details of people’s lives. It wasn’t unusual that she met people she knew on the walk too or from school, in fact, it was unusual if she didn’t, but something about the meeting made her feel uneasy and nervous. She didn’t think she was, but there was a nagging voice in her head.
I shouldn’t have talked to her.
“Him.” She whispered to herself, not paying attention to what she was saying. “To him.” She shivered and yelped as the bulb in the streetlamp over her burst and shattered glass fell around her.
What the hell was that?
Olivia glanced around anxiously before walking as fast as she could without running to the end of her street, through the shiny white gate, up the small path and in through her front door. She closed it quickly behind her and breathed deeply, trying to calm herself down, though it was hard when she didn’t know why she was scared, or if she actually was.
“Is that you Liv? You better get changed, you have to go out really soon remember.” Her mum called from the kitchen and Olivia closed her eyes before smiling, the nerves that may or may not have been there disappearing.
“Yeah, I know. I’ll get changed now.” She opened her eyes and walked up the stairs and into her bedroom, feeling back to normal and cheerful.

Half an hour later, the street lamps were flickering on and Olivia was making her way back out into the cold autumn evening. She pulled the zip on her jacket up to her neck and retrieved her gloves from her pocket, forcing them on her hands before walking out of her garden and down the street. She walked briskly, and as she saw the same neighbour she had spoken to earlier, she hastily put her headphones in her ear, leaving the wire in plain sight. She didn’t want to get dragged into another conversation about flowers, or the new medicine the vet had prescribed the man’s very old dog. She needed to get away fast, away from the street, away from the people she saw everyday. Where she was going wasn’t that important, she had to pick up some items from an old family friend, and though she was expected soon, they wouldn’t mind her being late. That wasn’t what put the sense of urgency in Olivia’s mind. It was something else.
I may be old, but I’m not stupid.
A grumbled whisper was carried too Olivia’s ears and she frowned before glancing at the man and turning her music up. He smiled at her, and she returned it after hesitating for a moment. She turned away and walked faster, not paying attention to where she was going, just listening to the music blaring louder than it should have been in her ears, and trying to ignore the fear she was feeling. She glanced fleetingly over the road and winced as loud voices got past her music, and echoed around her head. She pulled one of her headphones out and froze as she could barely hear the conversation of the girls across the road. She shuddered, feeling uneasy and carried on walking, faster than ever, trying to block everything out. The voices, the fear… she didn’t want to think about them.

As the path darkened ever so slightly, Olivia’s gaze was drawn upwards to the shattered bulb above her. She hadn’t been around for that one, but she found it strange that there was another broken light. It shouldn’t have been strange, she was in a different part of town – one that she didn’t know so well – and it wasn’t that unusual for some bulbs to flicker out over time, but that wasn’t what had happened here. She knew it. She thought she did at least. Something just didn’t feel right. With a gulp, she starting running, not concentrating on where she was going, not wanting to see where she was, just wanting to get away. To escape. It didn’t take long for her to run out of breath. Her heart was pounding and she collapsed on a small wall, needing to rest. It shouldn’t have been so easy for her to get out of breath, but she was panicked, and not in control. After taking in a few deep breaths, she looked around, trying to place where she was. She was sure she knew her way around the town completely, but she was lost. She didn’t know where she was.

Turning her head towards a large house she stood up, unaware of what was causing her feet to carry her towards the house. She turned her music off, hearing more voices, but not seeing anyone. It didn’t make sense. Her eyes wandered to the houses around her, and though she could see shadows of people behind closed curtains, she could hear no audible voices. And yet, there were whispers. Things that didn’t make sense. Fragments of conversations, thrown out randomly, as if whispered under someone’s breath. How could she hear a whisper, if she could not hear any regular conversation? Why would they even whisper, such fractured observations? She shook her head and focused on the house. She had reached the door now, hanging precariously on one hinge, and she didn’t dare touch it.
I shouldn’t go in.
She thought quietly to herself, but it was softer than the whispers, and easy to ignore. Unwillingly, against her best advice, she stepped into the seemingly derelict house. Inside, everything was worn, flaking away. It should have been filthy, and yet it wasn’t. All the lights, except one, were shining brightly, and a loud voice filled the room. Olivia cringed, bringing her hand to her head as pain flared violently inside. She brought it down slowly and froze at the sight of a girl, sitting on the stairs. The fact that someone was in the house was surprising enough, but what had frozen Olivia, was the fact that she wasn’t speaking. The loud voice that she had heard, couldn’t possibly be hers, and yet she knew, without a doubt, that it was.
I couldn’t possibly… it can’t be…
Her hands started to shake and her mouth went dry. “Hello.” She whispered, her voice a croak. She gulped and took a deep breath, trying, and failing, to calm down. “Hello.”

Last edited by *Ennostiel* on August 16th, 2011, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 16th, 2011, 6:11 am 
Maia
Maia

Room for two more? :)

Name: Conell L.
Height : 6'9'
Special Abilities : None other than a very persuasive attitude and his soaring IQ.
Appearance: Tall, slim and handsome. Icy blue eyes.

Name: Cat Blue
Height : 6'4'
Family: unknown
Weapons: Carries an unloaded gun of questionable origins
Appearance: Penetrating green eyes, pale skin, long black hair. Has a long thin scar from her collarbone across her chest.
Personality: Very wary, but extremely friendly none the less. A cheerful soul at heart, but caution and a streetwise attitude usually dominate her.
History: All that is known of Cat is that she lives on the streets and seems to know them like the back of her hand. She cannot remember anything prior to waking up in an alley three years ago.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

PostPosted: August 16th, 2011, 8:42 am 
Elf
Elf

Hello! :) Your characters are fine. I'm assuming they live on the streets of Thear, under the robots? Go right ahead to start posting, or you can begin when Jamie and Olivia get to Thear.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 16th, 2011, 9:18 am 
Elf
Elf

[^ Hello! :D
@ Ennoooooo: Seeing as for now Jamie's thoughts are pretty obvious, feel free to use them/make them up as you see fit, if you like. :tongue:]

Jamie couldn't decipher her own thoughts, they moved so fast; she had no inkling of how long she sat at the foot of the stairs, in silence, trying in vain to puzzle out the hows and whys of her situation. She stared absently as the floor in front of her, her right fist clenching and unclenching seemingly of its own accord. Dragged out of her confusing array of thoughts by the memory of what had occurred, Jamie, overtaken by curiosity, opened her hand, palm up, and watched it intently. For a few minutes absolutely nothing happened and she was left staring expectantly at her hand, the tiniest sprinkling of disappointment colouring her thoughts and feelings.

Sighing, Jamie blinked and looked away simultaneously, annoyed with herself for her inability to concentrate. As she turned away, an arc of lightning jumped from her hand to the wall socket opposite her. The lights went out and she inhaled sharply, surprised.

Slowly she realised that she didn't feel pain so she hadn't been shocked by the electricity. Frowning ever so slightly she looked down at her hand without realising that she wouldn't be able to see a thing in the gloom but as it turned out that didn't matter - the lights flickered back on, all but the one above the broken front door, when she looked down, aiding her sight almost automatically. The electrics in the house seemed to respond to even the smallest flex of her will - that nearly enough to make her smile and it was certainly enough to make her consider testing her theory but she never got the chance.

So wrapped up in her own thoughts she hadn't noticed the slight noise of footfalls, the crunching of the long grass underfoot as someone came drew ever closer to the house. Frozen, thinking quickly of escape routes excuses and rationalisations as to why she was trespassing, Jamie readied herself to be confronted with her own bad luck. Instead when a girl her age walked in and Jamie's surprise grew to new heights; she forgot, however, to mind her thoughts, so when she had considered for a second running and hiding, a couple more of the lights had blinked out above her head, casting shadows and no doubt causing unnecessary alarm.

“Sorry, I- wait, I mean...” Jamie's words tripped over themselves as she tried to figure out how to approach the situation and explain herself. She figured that the new girl wasn't really supposed to be there either due to her timid “hello” but, if nothing else, Jamie had announced herself as something of an oddity by apologizing for an electrical power surge. She didn't feel too much like answering complex questions at the present so when the lights blinked back on, apart from sparing them an indignant expression, she didn't acknowledge them.

Then, for the first time, she looked at Olivia and saw her expression. She looked as though she was in agony and was watching Jamie as if there was something not quite right, something that scared her. Unsure whether to offer comfort or to back away, Jamie stood and looked away, uncomfortable under such an intense gaze. Pushing her hands back into her pockets as if to hide them, not that there was anything to hide, Jamie glanced once around the room before turning back to Olivia and trying for a tentative smile.

“Uh, hey. Are... are you okay?”

PostPosted: August 16th, 2011, 2:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

@ Yep, that's right ^^

Connell cracked the rusty old door open with disdain and peered in "Cat?". There was a pause and a clatter following a bang, as the young woman whom he had called out for wheeled into view, perched on a desk-chair with a battered looking lap-top on her lap.
"Hello, sweetie," she smirked. Her black hair was pulled back from her face untidily, the dark-blue highlights barely visible in the low light. Her eyes were as bright as a magpies, and when she set the laptop down, they winked cheekily:"What have you brought me today then?"
The young man produced a battered looking paper bag from behind his back. The smell of roasted meat wafted towards her invitingly "Good day and all- I hope you're using enough security on all that," he waved at the mess of electrical wires, old computers and microwaves "If they detect what you're doing..."
"They wont," she sighed as she made a grab for the food "And if they do, I'm sure you can make something up. Anyway, they can only detect something if you continue standing in the doorway. The room is completely isolated."
Conell sniffed and closed the door with a snap, tossing her the food and inspecting the laptop,"How is it coming along?"
The woman looked up from her warm sandwich "Slowly," she said with her mouth full.
His lips curled back with distaste "Do be careful. If you choked I would have to report you."
Cat stretched her legs out languidly "I'm sure you would love to."
"I'm sure I can find someone else to unlock the lab's security panel."
"I'm sure you could- Pass us the bottle," she winked as he picked up a suspect looking flask. It smelt dimly of coffee and he pushed it into her waiting hand with disgust "And then the life-support program would fail, the building would light up like a christmas tree and the poor things would die. And you'd be shot- or something."
Conell dusted down the front of his jacket "Yes," he said matter-of-factly "Have you been monitoring them?"
The young woman sipped from her flask, wheeled over to one the over-flowing desks and hit an button. A dark screen flickered into life, showing the two fourteen year old girls in the lab.
"They're safe and sound," she drawled happily.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .