Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: DW: Dalek's Revenge
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 11:04 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"At first I thought he just really had no idea how to deal with a kid. But now, I think he probably kept me shut up in the house so I wouldn't figure out what he was up to. There's whole rooms that I'm not allowed to go in, either. I can only go in my bedroom, the kitchen, the bathroom, and the music room. It's got this great piano, Doctor, you should see it..." she gave a little half-smile. "I could play that piano all day. Usually I do. But I'm not allowed anywhere else, especially not the dining room or the study. That's probably where we should look first, but he always keeps the door locked."

Shannon stopped short when another voice spoke, recognizing it in an instant. Her heart sank. Was it real, or another illusion brought on by the Nightmare System? Either way, this wasn't good at all.

"It's my dad," she whispered.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 12:53 pm 
Elf
Elf

"Hello!" the Doctor called out. "Are you Shannon's dad?"

"Who are you?" the voice rang out again. "Why are you with my daughter?!"

"I'm the Doctor, and well, we sort of got involved in a plot to destroy the Earth and would you have anything to do with that?"

"Who are you? Why are you with my daughter?!"

"O. . .kay, we've already got past that, who are you, really? A recording? Why would you put a recording of yourself in your own house?"

The Doctor waved his sonic screwdriver out in front of him in the dark, and it illuminated a giant figure looming over them, grinning wickedly. The Doctor jumped, not expecting this, and then backed away as the thing's eyes glowed red and it began to advance towards them, intoning one word,

"Death. Death. Death!"

Rory looked around, trying to locate Amy's voice. It sounded as if she was right near him, but he could see no one else. His red cape wooshed around as he spun, and he lifted up his sword, wary of any attack.

Wait. He hadn't been wearing his Roman stuff a minute ago. What was going on?

"Amy?!" he called out, running into another room. It held two mirrors. He ran to the first one, which reflected his wife looking around for him and calling out, but he heard no sound. Rory looked behind him just to make sure she wasn't there. Nothing, as he suspected. He was alone. Except for two mirrors.

The other mirror showed the Doctor, and as Rory watched, he fell down, seemingly hit by something. Rory unconsciously raised his sword towards the mirror and the Doctor fell back again. And then Shannon ran into the picture. But from what Rory could see, the Doctor was staring right at him, saying something he couldn't make out. Rory raised his sword again and the Doctor fell back again.

What was going on here?!

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 6:24 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Alone. Alone and getting more annoyed by the minute, that was how Amy felt right now. On and on she walked down this endless white corridor, feeling as if she might go mad if she didn't find a way out soon, or a door, or something. It was too repetitive, too disorienting, until she wasn't exactly sure what was real and what was in her mind anymore. She saw something up ahead, a flash of crimson, and she ran towards it, her footsteps echoing unsettlingly across the floor. "Rory!" she cried, catching sight of her husband--for some reason in his Roman Centurion outfit again, where had he gotten that from? and stopping short as she realized that it wasn't really him, but only a cruel reflection in a mirror. She whirled around, but she was still alone. "Rory!" she cried again, putting one hand against the glass. It was frigid against her bare skin, but it was certainly solid and real. But if he wasn't right beside her, then how could she be seeing his reflection?

Another mirror stood adjacent to the one she could see Rory in, and this held a very scared-looking image of both the Doctor and that little girl from before, her eyes wide behind her glasses. "Doctor!" Amy cried, knowing that they would never hear her. "Doctor!" Suddenly, the Doctor fell backwards just as Rory in the other mirror raised his sword. What was he doing? Attacking the Doctor through a mirror? None of this was making sense, and Amy started pounding on the mirrors with her fists, trying to call attention to herself, to break them, to do something.

And that was when she saw something else appear behind Rory.

--------

Shannon stifled a scream as she saw the flash of red in that Thing's eyes, and knew immediately it was not her father. But what was it? The Nightmare System tricking them again? Or was this some sort of security system, designed to protect the house from intruders? It's mantra of "Death!" as it advanced on them was not comforting, and Shannon's heart pounded in her chest as she struggled to figure out what to do. She reached for the light switch, but it flickered on only for a moment before the light bulb exploded, plunging them into darkness once again. Shannon didn't get a good enough look at whatever was trying to attack them before everything went black. So instead, she did something else. Something that was probably really stupid, she thought as she reached forward and grabbed a handful of the Doctor's tweed jacket, pulling him backwards with her. "Come on!" she cried, dragging him into the nearest room, her music room, and slamming the door behind them.

Her music room was the only place in the whole house she actually felt comfortable in. It was small and cozy, painted a cheerful light yellow with a windowseat beneath the window and the beautiful piano taking up most of the space. But tonight, even her haven of the piano seemed sinister, as if the room itself didn't want her there. She leaned up against the door with her back pressed against the wood, breathing heavily.

"Okay, maybe that wasn't one of my better ideas," she said, looking down. "Sorry. What was that thing? I can assure you it was not my father."

PostPosted: November 29th, 2011, 7:46 am 
Elf
Elf

"A Falconex." The Doctor pushed the piano bench against the door, gesturing Shannon to move out of the way. They heard a horrendous crack from the other side, some wood splintering out and falling on their heads like snow. He sat down on the bench and looked around the room. "A Falconex." He repeated. "Almost like a cyberman, except these do have feelings. Well, one feeling, really. They want to kill you. For revenge. They're told what revenge by their masters, and then they go all out to inflict it on you. Oh, this is lovely. Trapped in the music room with no possible exit, a Falconex trying to break down the door and River not even answering my messages! What is taking her so long?!"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 30th, 2011, 11:00 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

She didn't know what a Cyberman was, but she didn't need to ask to know that it was almost as bad as a Dalek. What could the Falconex have been told about Shannon to make it want to kill her, to get revenge on her? Or was that not how it worked, and had it just been told to kill everything on sight? "And it's supposed to be guarding the house? That's why it's attacking us?"

Shannon paused for a moment as another idea struck her. "Or maybe not the house. It was standing right in front of the door to the study."

Another tremendous crash met her ears, and Shannon jumped. "The window!" she said suddenly, looking over at the windowseat where she had spent hours reading the books that had been placed in her room--all of her favorites, somehow her father had known. She raced over and knelt on the plush windowseat, trying in vain to open the window. "They won't open! Welded shut!" she wailed in horror. All this time, she truly had been a prisoner in her own house...and now there was a murderous Falconex on the other side of the door.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2011, 8:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

The thing behind Rory crept closer and closer. But Rory was fixated on the mirror, watching the scene happening in it's depths. The Doctor frantically pointed his sonic screwdriver at the figure in front of him, the green light coming out but nothing happening. Rory tightened his fist, wishing horribly that he could do something, anything to help them. Shannon screamed as the thing closed it's fist around the Doctor's neck. His struggles became limp and the sonic fell from his slack grip.

Then the mirror shut off.

Or, not really. It fizzed like a computer screen, waves of white interference bursting across it. It flickered, showing some Daleks, the Doctor, and then, weirdly, a woman drumming on a pot using two spoons. Rory backed away, wondering what the hell was going on. The mirror shattered, and Rory ducked, hearing a laser beam shoot off the wall next to him. He whirled around, and there was something that looked like a Cyberman, but not really, jerkily walking toward him. Rory pulled out his sword and deflected the beams of light that shot out from the thing's arm. In the back of his mind he remembered seeing something like this when he and Amy had watched Star Wars. At this point he half expected the metal dude to say, "Rory, I am your father."

When he was on an adventure with the Doctor, anything was possible!

The Falconex burst through the double doors, breaking them so that Shannon and the Doctor were showered with wood. It shuddered towards the two with halting steps that made the floor shake. It lifted up it's arm and stabbed the Doctor with a spear-type thing without any emotion. He stumbled back against the piano, putting one hand over the wound. He pushed Shannon out of the way and tried to confront the Falconex.

"Why are you here?! What were you guarding?" He wondered out loud, not getting any reply except the Falconex's usual mantra,

"Death. Death. Death!"

The Doctor pulled out his sonic and aimed it at the metal death machine, getting a good glance at it's red eyes.

No. Not eyes. Transparent pieces of glass, showing something. Someone.

Rory.

"No, oh, Rory, what are you doing in there!"

The Falconex lunged at him again, catching the Doctor in the stomach. He fumbled with his sonic screwdriver, trying to get a good grip.

"Rory, get out there, how did you get in there in the first place?! This wasn't supposed to happen, I tried, I really tried. . .Rory!"

The Falconex raised it's hand, and held the Doctor limply in the air in a death grip. His sonic fell from his hand, landing on the floor with a sharp clack. What a way to go.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 1st, 2011, 3:54 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(The sheer awesomeness of your post is nearly enough to make my head explode. Shall I wait for Rhav to jump in now? Seems like the opportune moment)

PostPosted: December 1st, 2011, 5:12 pm 
Elf
Elf

(Yeah :) And thanks, it was kind of cool that that mirror showed what would happen. . .sort of like Galadriel's mirror, haha.)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 6th, 2012, 6:36 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Hey guys!

So I would really like to join. I would really like to be Allie. I was talking to Harthad and she asked if I would play River as well. is that alright with you guys?

here is Allie's character profile:

Character Name: Alexandra (Allie for short)
~ Gender: female
~ Race : Time Lady
~ Height : 5’3”
~ Age : TBD
~ Place of Residence : TBD
~ Family : Father- The Doctor, Mother- River Song
~ Special Powers: TBA
~ Weapons: being very smart
~ Animals : none
~ Personality: very kind and understanding. Eager to learn.
~ Appearance: long dark hair, bright green eyes.
~ History: TBA
~ Other things:
~ Active in Threads: Doctor Who RPG
~Picture (optional):

PostPosted: January 6th, 2012, 8:24 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Aren't we getting into Timey-Wimey issues if we have Allie and Shannon together, considering our other RP with Shannon? I really want you to join, I'm just confused as to how to make it work. :)

PostPosted: January 6th, 2012, 10:59 pm 
Elf
Elf

Ahhhhh, timey-wimey issues!! :p How about we have Allie with Amy and Rory, or she might keep appearing when Shannon's not there? :p

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 6th, 2012, 11:52 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Or we could just have Shannon meet Allie and she just hasn't mentioned her yet in our RP at HH. I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner. XD

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 1:05 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

well I was thinking that it would be after the first DW RPG on HH, but before this one. Allie doesnt know shannon is at torchwood right now, and she isn't listening to the doctor/rose's phone call. shannon also doesnt know allie is with the other doctor either. so this would be a pre-second-doctor-who-rpg, post-first dw one. how is that?

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 1:34 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

That sounds like a good plan. Your thoughts, Harthad? :)

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 12:42 pm 
Elf
Elf

Yeah, it sounds fine. :) Anything to get this moving again.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 8th, 2012, 4:10 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

(just finishing catching up and then ill post)