Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: DW: Dalek's Revenge
PostPosted: November 21st, 2011, 10:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Amy let out a sigh of relief as soon as she heard the Doctor's voice, and she turned to Rory with a smile. "See?" she said. "What did I tell you?" Without stopping to think, she ran through the familiar door, calling for the Doctor, wondering what he had discovered in her old house, of all places.

"Amy, wait up!" Rory called. "Be careful! We can't just go rushing--"

The two of them stopped short in the sitting room, where the Daleks were waiting for them. "--Into things without thinking," Rory managed to finish.

------

"This is where Amy and Rory live?" Shannon asked, looking up at the huge house in surprise. It was huge, easily twice the size of the small apartment she shared with her mother in Chicago. She frowned slightly. "It's weird. My dad's house is huge too, even though it's only him there. And me now too, I guess."

Just then, she heard the Doctor's voice...coming from inside the house. She raised an eyebrow. "Doctor?" she asked. "If you're here, then how...?" She trailed off as the Doctor ran through the front door, running to catch up with him. And letting out a bloodcurdling scream as she did so.

The Daleks were back, along with Amy and Rory, standing there as if frozen. Shannon let out another cry as she was thrown to the ground, someone she could not see grabbing her arms so tightly she feared they would cut off her circulation. "Let me go!"

"The Doctor has returned!" one of the Daleks cried. "And the child remains with him! Orders?"

"The Nightmare System must be tested!" another one said. It swiveled its head until its eyestalk was resting on Amy and Rory. "Take them! We will deal with the Doctor!"

"No!" Shannon cried, twisting to try to get away from her captor, but he held her fast and wouldn't let her go. "No!"

"What of the child?" the first Dalek said.

"Return her to the Master. He will see to her."

"No!" Shannon cried. As a desperate last resort, she thrust a sharp elbow into the side of her captor, relishing the cry of pain he let out as he released her. Maybe she was tougher than she thought.

But when she turned around, there was nobody there.

She looked back and saw that the eyestalks of all five Daleks were resting on her. "Foolish child!" one of them said. Even though the Doctor had said that they had no emotions, Shannon was sure that she heard malice in the Dalek's voice...and the slightest hint of satisfaction.

"She will only hinder us!" one of the Daleks cut in. "She should be exterminated!"

"Negative!"

Why do they keep arguing amongst themselves?

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 7:44 am 
Elf
Elf

Two Daleks shepherded Amy and Rory away from the group. Rory tried to break free, to go help, to do anything but he couldn't. Every time he tried to move a Dalek was there.

The Doctor felt useless. He couldn't do anything to help his friends, just stare dumbly as they passed him by. He tried to twist around but was rewarded with a sharp jab with someone's elbow. What had been thinking, to come to Earth? The Daleks had the TARDIS, and there was no means of possible escape right now. And where was Shannon? A Dalek rolled over to him, pointing its laser gun directly at his face.

"EXTERMINATE!"

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 1:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Shannon watched helplessly as Amy and Rory were lead away, Amy yelling for the Doctor the whole time. What should she do now? They were quickly running out of options here. Rory and Amy were being taken away, the Doctor was still being held captive, and Shannon was at high risk for either being taken back home or being exterminated on the spot. At least one of them clearly wanted her permanently out of the way, but some of the others seemed to object, wanting to follow whatever orders they had been given...Wait. That's it!

The leader wanted to kill the Doctor, but it didn't want to kill Shannon. Maybe if she were to use herself as a human shield against the Daleks, she could at least protect the Doctor long enough for them to make a plan to escape.

One problem--she had no idea where the Doctor was. She could hear the heavy sound of his breathing, but for some reason, she couldn't see him. Except for the Daleks, she was utterly alone. In one last desperate effort, she ran over towards where she thought the Doctor might be, planting herself firmly between him and the Dalek as the latter screeched, "EXTERMINATE!"

"Get down!" Shannon screamed at the same time as another Dalek shouted, "HALT!"

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 4:47 pm 
Elf
Elf

"No!" the Dalek cried. "We must not exterminate the Master's daughter! We are under orders!"

"But we must exterminate the--"

"No! The Nightmare System is clouding your inner workings! Let it do its work!"

With that, a shot rang out through the house and the Doctor fell to the ground, dead.

The Doctor burst through the front door of Amy's house, kicking it open. He looked around frantically but didn't see Amy or Rory. They weren't there. He looked down and saw Shannon. A frown crossed his face and he looked behind him, where Shannon was supposed to be. The Doctor looked back at her.

"How did you get here so fast?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 6:11 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Amy and Rory were lead to the stairs, single-file, where two uniformed DPL officers grabbed them roughly and dragged them to the second floor. There they were thrown into a pitch-dark room, the door locking firmly behind them. Amy couldn't see her nose in front of her face. "Rory?" she whispered, trying to find him in the dark. "Rory?

--------

She had failed. Shannon watched in horror as the Dalek turned its eyestalk on the Doctor and shot a beam of blue light directly at his heart. The room seemed to slow down around her, and she heard a horrible scream as if from far away before dimly realizing that it was her own voice she heard. The beam of light hit the Doctor, illuminating his skeleton for a moment before he crumpled to the ground. Shannon lurched forward, falling to her knees beside him, but she knew it was already too late. She saw the life leave his eyes, and she started to sob. The Doctor was dead, and with it their only hope of stopping the Daleks. Even if Shannon managed to help Amy and Rory, what would be the point? The Doctor was the only one who truly knew how to stop them, or even what was going on. There could be no victory now. Let them kill her if they wanted.

Shannon jumped and whirled around as the door burst open. A figure ran in, and she stared at him, not comprehending.

"But...how?" she cried. "You died! The Dalek killed you! I just saw it happen!" She looked down to the floor to where the Doctor's body lay, but it had vanished, and with it the Daleks. "They were here!" she shouted, jumping to her feet. "How are they doing this? I saw you die!"

Tears were still streaming wildly down her cheeks, and before she could stop herself she ran at the Doctor, catching him in a hug. Her legs felt like they would give way beneath her at any moment, and she held on to him for dear life before suddenly yanking herself away, fear and suspicion in her deep brown eyes. "How do I know you're the real Doctor?" she accused. "If the Daleks could create a fake one to trick me into thinking you were dead, how do I know they didn't send a fake one into tricking me that you were still alive? How do I know they didn't just kill the real one? Do something. Prove to me that you're the real thing." Her voice broke. "Please."

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 10:11 pm 
Elf
Elf

The Doctor nodded grimly. He knew what the Daleks had done now. But they couldn't have, this technology was practically non-existant, and no Dalek was capable of making it. Unless they had the spark and creativity of a human. Which they had now. So this wasn't all about revenge, it was about gaining that revenge in the most crafty way possible.

He bent down again, looking at Shannon, and nodded again. "Okay. Okay okay okay. I really don't want to do this, but you asked for proof. But. . .but don't hate me for what I did. Please."

The Doctor placed his hands on either side of Shannon's head, and almost immediately a rush of memories flowed into her head. Golden explosions, a mass of armies, the Daleks in tight formation. A red planet under two bright yellow suns flashing madly with the frenzied heat of war in the sky. And through it all, one choice. Simple. One choice to end this madness. But it would cost him much. Too much.

So, so much.

After a minute the Doctor let go of Shannon and stumbled back. He shied away and stood by the door, waiting for what she would say. He knew it was horrible. He knew that.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 11:19 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

She had hoped that she would stop crying--she was beginning to feel embarrassed and hate herself for acting like such a baby--but when the Doctor gently took hold of Shannon's face and those images filled her eyes the tears spilled over anew. So much death and destruction and sorrow, and the Daleks were the cause of it all. In a way, it didn't surprise her--they were probably capable of anything, for all Shannon knew. So many emotions were coursing through her that she was beginning to feel lightheaded. Hatred, and fear, and through it all that overwhelming sense of guilt. These were the Doctor's memories, and he felt terribly guilty about them.

That was all the proof Shannon needed. Daleks couldn't feel emotions, and they certainly had no sense of right and wrong. If they were trying to trick her, to lull her into a false sense of security when the Doctor was really dead, then she wouldn't feel this way. They wouldn't understand the concept of a conscience.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war," she breathed, the words flying into her head without warning. She wasn't sure where they came from.

When he released her, Shannon stood there for a moment, breathing hard and dabbing at her eyes. "A...a war," she said, trying to process everything she had just experienced. "A war between your people and the Daleks. And they...they destroyed everything. And you left. Am I right?" She walked over to him, still crying a bit, but determination in her eyes. "All right. I believe you. But I still don't understand what they did to me. I saw them kill you...but none of that was real? The room was full of Daleks and suddenly they just...vanished. In the blink of an eye. So does that mean they were never there at all? And what about Rory and Amy? They took them upstairs...but did they really? Or was that part of the illusion too? Part of the nightmare?" She paused for a moment before putting a hand on the Doctor's shoulder. "It's...it's okay," she told him, not knowing what else to say.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 7:40 am 
Elf
Elf

"The Nightmare System tricks what you see in the blink of an eye." He snapped his fingers. "Disguise something, make it not happen at all. . .but sometimes the truth is scarier than what you could imagine." The Doctor shook his head, and tried to smile. And then that was wiped off his face as he realized what had happened to Amy and Rory.

"No," he shook his head vehemently, "No, no no no we have to go get them! This way!"

He dashed up the stairs, calling out for Amy and Rory at every turn. Slamming doors and opening them, the Doctor caused such a racket that they were sure to hear him. At last he charged into Amy's room and stopped.

It was pitch black.

"Amy?" he called out softly. "Rory?"

"We're here." Rory's voice answered. "Is that really you?"

"Yes Rory, now come on! We have to get out of here! Follow my voice!"

"How do we know you're the real him? How do we know you're the real Doctor?!"

"Because I say so! Now, come on!" The Doctor shouted impatiently.

"No!" Rory yelled back.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 12:49 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Just like a real nightmare," Shannon said, half to herself. "The most terrifying things you can imagine can happen to you, but if you manage to open your eyes, to wake up, then it's all gone. Poof. Like it never happened in the first place."

And at that, he was off like again, bounding up the stairs like an excited child on Christmas morning. Shannon didn't know how in the world he managed to have this much energy, especially after running around all morning. She followed him up the staircase, stopping short when he did, in front of a pitch-dark room. She squinted, trying to make out figures or shapes in it, but it was impossible. It was far, far darker than it should have been, especially since it wasn't yet dark outside. This wasn't ordinary darkness.

The Doctor and Rory were shouting at each other. Rory, just like Shannon had been after her experience with the Nightmare System, seemed reluctant to trust the Doctor. She wondered what horrors they had been forced to endure. "Amy, Rory, it's okay," she said, taking a step forward. She felt along the wall near the door, trying to find a light switch. "Really. I know you're frightened, but that's what the Daleks want. That's what the Nightmare System is. The Doctor, he's the real deal. You can trust me on that one."

"Why should we trust you?" came Amy's Scottish accent out of the dark, sounding suspicious. "We don't even know who you are."

Shannon's hand brushed up against something in the dark, and she let out a little gasp before blushing vividly. "Sorry. Spiderweb," she said, looking up at the Doctor sheepishly. At least she could still see him. "My name is Shannon Casey," she told Amy and Rory. "My father is involved somehow with all this but we're going to stop him. All of them. If we work together. You just have to trust us. I promise we're okay." Locating the light switch, she flipped it on.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 1:11 pm 
Elf
Elf

And Amy and Rory weren't there.

The Doctor stared at where they were--where they should have been--and made a weak noise of protest. The Daleks had them. After all this time, after protecting and saving the couple countless of times, they were in the hands of his worst enemy. It was his fault. If he hadn't agreed to go to Earth, if they hadn't split up, if he had just watched them a bit more closely, they would all be together right now, working to solve this problem. This horrid problem. He hadn't wanted any of this to happen, and now he had to live with the guilt. Who knew what the Daleks were doing to Amy and Rory right now.

The Doctor turned on his heel and walked out of the empty room. It held too many reminders of their adventures. And those might be over now.

No! He mustn't think like that. Thoughts like that would only bring him down. He had to be strong, stronger, if only for Shannon.

"Come on," he quietly. "We have to find an old friend of mine."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 1:34 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Shannon's heart sank when she saw the empty room. For just one moment, she had allowed herself to think that at least that part of what she had seen had been real. The Daleks had the Doctor's friends. The only silver lining was that she knew that the Nightmare System was being tested on them, which meant that they weren't dead, at least. Although, after her experience with it, she wondered if it was really that comforting to know that Amy and Rory were now being subjected to that kind of emotional torture.

She didn't know them at all, Amy and Rory, but in that brief moment that Amy had spoken to her and told her to run, Shannon got the feeling that they were kind people--kind enough to care about a complete stranger like her, at least. She wondered how they had started traveling with the Doctor, how long he had been their friend.

"Okay," she said, following them. "Doctor, there's something I still don't quite understand...about what you showed me. That place...there were two suns, and it looked so...different from anything I've known. You're not from here, are you? Er, what I mean is...what are you, exactly? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I know it's not important, but..."

She stopped when they reached the staircase, a new thought reaching her. "Doctor, if my dad is involved...maybe we should go to his house. There might be something there, something that will help us. It's worth a try."

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 2:03 pm 
Elf
Elf

"No, you're right, I'm not. I'm a Time Lord. That planet you saw was my home, Gallifrey. It's gone now, so don't ask any more questions about it. Destroyed. In that. . .in that war you saw." He shrugged and continued on his way. He needed to find River, she could help them.

The Doctor stopped again at the top of the stairs, looking down as Shannon expressed her concern. She was right. He turned around to face her, a mischievous gleam in his eye.

"All right. Let's go do some investigating."

Rory woke up with his face against the polished surface of a pristine white floor. He carefully got up, brushing down his jacket and pants. Looking around for the familiar sight of Amy's bright red hair, he saw nothing except a wide expanse of an endless room. It seemed to go on, and on forever.

"Amy?" he called out.

"Amy!" he shouted, and started walking around, trying to find her. No response. Nothing. He grew frantic now. He couldn't lose her now. He knew that this trip to the Earth would go all wrong. It always did.

"Amy!" her husband called out again.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 6:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The first thing Amy noticed was the brightness. She felt like a little kid again, struggling to wake up for school until her aunt pushed back the curtains and illuminated the darkness of her bedroom. She opened her eyes, looking around what seemed like the grand ballroom of some palace of ice, it was so white and cold and empty. She looked around, expecting to see Rory, but she was alone.

Slowly, she stood up, feeling a bit shaky on her feet. She thought she heard something, as if a voice was calling from far away, but it vanished as soon as it reached her ears. She whirled around, trying to spot the source of the noise, but she was still totally, achingly alone. "Rory?" she whispered, her voice echoing around the empty space. She started walking down the endless white corridor, the sound of her shoes amplified by the emptiness around her. "Rory!"

-----------

"I'm sorry," Shannon whispered, feeling guilty that she'd even brought it up. But at least now she had a bigger grasp of the whole picture. This was so much bigger than she had imagined--not just a matter of life and death, but a matter of aliens and revenge and...what in the world was a Time Lord? It's so weird. He doesn't look like an alien...he just looks like a normal person. But then again, so does my dad. You wouldn't think him the type to go into business with the deadliest creatures in the universe...

She gave the Doctor a little ghost of a smile when he agreed with her plan. "Okay. Come on," she said, passing him and running down the rest of the stairs. When he joined her on the main floor, she made her way out the door and down the front path, stopping when she got there to try to get her bearings. "I think it's this way," she said, pointing.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 7:23 pm 
Elf
Elf

"Okay!" The Doctor took off, running past Shannon down the streets of Leadworth. It was getting late, and one by one the streetlights flickered on. Soft yellow light illuminated a part of the sidewalks. Doors were closed and windows were shut and still the Doctor ran.

Finally he stopped in front of a looming gray house, its dark windows like gaping black holes destined to suck up anything that came near. The Doctor drew out his sonic screwdriver, the green light pulsing. He looked to Shannon. "Is this it?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 7:42 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Time seemed to be passing weirdly. It had been early afternoon when Shannon had first left her father's house, but now the sun was sinking low in the sky and the streets of Leadworth were growing dark. Shannon stuck close to the Doctor this time, practically right on his heels. She wasn't sure how the Daleks had managed to separate the two of them before and put her with the Nightmare Doctor, but she was determined not to let it happen again. We need a system, she thought to herself suddenly. A system so we can know for sure if the other one is real or if they aren't. Like in Inception, where they have thier totems so they know if they're in the dream or in reality. But what?

They stopped in front of the massive, oppressive house, the windows seeming to glare down at them. Shannon nodded, reaching into the pocket of her sweatshirt for her keys to unlock the door. "Yep, this is it. Awful, isn't it?"

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 8:28 pm 
Elf
Elf

"No," the Doctor said awful quickly, "but. . .well. . .yeah. And you have to stay here all day?! What is your dad thinking?" He pushed through the door and surveyed the empty hallway. No lights were on.

"Where is your dad?" he wondered out loud. "Where should we start looking for things?"

"Stop where you are." a cold voice came to them suddenly.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next