Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Love's Not Time's Fool (Private RP)
PostPosted: November 14th, 2011, 12:13 am 
Maia
Maia

Love’s Not Time’s Fool
***Private RP*** ~ Goldleaf & Aramel
Starring ~ Cairbre Eagle, Guinevere Elliot, Edward Blackhaven, Harleen Blackhaven, Robyn Blackhaven & Eve Summers
Set ~ Tortuga

Cairbre sat at the bar, absent-mindedly drumming his fingers. Evening was stretching on into night, and more customers were filling the tavern. Luckily, it could have been a lot more crowded than this; the last tavern they’d gone to that evening had been bursting to the brim. That had been the tavern where Cairbre had seen his sister, Rosalind, on his last visit to Tortuga. There had been no sign of her there this time though, or here, or anywhere else they’d been; she’d obviously moved on, perhaps to another drunkard’s haven. It was depressing, since they’d parted on bad terms. Actually, she’d told him she never wanted to see him again. He had no idea why; she’d been crying as she said it, but the words hadn’t lost their effect.

The situation naturally saddened him a great deal, but he also had something to be extremely happy about, and it was that which kept his spirits high. He and Guin were now a couple, after ten long years of being “just friends”. He could still scarcely believe that it was true. He looked over towards a small table in the corner where Guin was sitting with Eve, involved in some kind of card game which was fast descending into chaos. Eve had started tickling her, provoking hysterical laughter, so that she dropped all her cards.

“You cheat!” Guin managed to wriggle away. “Alright, just for that you’re not getting any of my money.” She rose from the table, grinning, before swiping Eve’s rum bottle. “And no more of this for you.”

“Now that’s not fair,” Eve objected. She wasn’t really very drunk, just a little bit tipsy. All the same, Guin had a point. She didn’t drink very often, and when she indulged a smidgen too much, the result wasn’t good. Relenting, she leaned back in her seat, curling her legs up like a snail. Her cheeks were ever so slightly flushed. “Where are you off to?” she enquired. Guin raised a stately eyebrow in reply, her smile taking on an impish edge. Eve blew her a kiss and giggled softly, resting her head back as Guin strolled off in the direction of the bar. Eve directed her gaze towards the ceiling, as if she could see through the roof and look up at the stars. Her expression took on a dreamy edge, but there was sadness tinged in her eyes. She knew that she’d been trying to drink her problems away; however, there was no quick fix for her particular predicament.

~~~

“Are you sure Eve’s alright over there?” Cairbre queried Guin, looking over at the blonde girl, who appeared to have fallen asleep.

“I’ll check on her in a minute. Poor girl.” Guin’s tone softened with sympathy. She leaned closer towards Cairbre. His hand, which had been tenderly caught in her red hair, moved down to her back. “Do you think Edward’s noticed anything yet?” she whispered. Cairbre shrugged his shoulders, shaking his head.

“I honestly couldn’t say,” he replied. He paused. “I could talk to him if you like,” he suggested. “If that would help.”

“Better not. Eve would be mortified if she knew I’d even spoken to you about it.” Guin sighed and took Cairbre’s hand, linking their fingers together. They were a perfect fit. Cairbre slowly swung their joined hands upwards and placed a kiss on Guin’s hand, drawing her closer with his other arm about her waist. She rested her head atop his shoulder. “I’m sorry we couldn’t find Rosa,” she suddenly said. Cairbre sighed.

“Maybe she just doesn’t want to be found,” he answered. “It’s alright. She made it quite clear to me when I last saw her that she can make her own way in the world.”

There was suddenly a loud clunk and a squeak, and they both turned together like one person. Eve had fallen out of her seat and now lay on the floor, looking slightly bewildered. Guin regretfully slipped out of Cairbre’s arms and darted towards her friend, helping her up carefully.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject: Re: Love's Not Time's Fool (Private RP)
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 1:13 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

“Honestly, Eddie, you are being quite ridiculous,” Harleen said, tugging her older brother along. Her long hair was messy from running along the docks and making Edward catch her. She may have been in her twenties, but sometimes Harleen had the energy of a five year old boy. Even going so far as to dress like a boy simply for the fact that it was considered inappropriate for a lady of her age.

“Me? You’re the one who was behaving like a child. Harley, why must you always be getting yourself into trouble? I am not your keeper, and therefore should not have to look after you.” Edward could only wonder where Harleen was taking him now – probably somewhere pointless and annoying. Although he loved his sister with his entire being, Harley could easily get on his nerves.

Tonight was no exception.

Just as Edward was about to sigh in frustration, Harleen came to a skidding halt, kicking up a bit of dust with her heeled boots. It was a tavern that she frequented often, usually as a singer for whoever was playing music that night. She usually ended up with quite a nice sum in tips from the tavern’s patrons, but always refused to accept the money, insisting that it was more for her own personal enjoyment than anything else. “This is the place, Eddie, my second home. Hell, it is my home.” A huge grin spread across her face, as uncontrollable as breathing. It was her natural reaction whenever she entered these doors.

“So this is where you spend days on end while mother and father tear their hair out wondering where you are? And stop calling me ‘Eddie’. You know I don’t like it.” To tell the truth, Edward was far less than pleased to be here.

At least, until he spotted Guinevere helping Eve off the floor. His first instinct was to run over and make sure she was all right – which he did, kneeling down beside the girl and peering at her face. It was obvious she had had too much to drink, but Eve drunk? That was a rare sight indeed.

In a second, Harleen was at his side, cocking her head as she looked at Eve and Guin out of curiosity. “What’s goin’ on, Eddie? Gonna introduce me to your friends or do I have to stand here all day?”

Edward cringed. Visibly cringed, and gritted his teeth. He had been embarrassed to be seen with her. Something horrible for a brother to even think, but it was the god honest truth. “This is my sister Harleen,” he said in an almost inaudible breath as he helped Eve up and made sure she was all right.

“Pleasure!” Harleen grinned, shaking Guin’s hand with such vigor that it just might rip the redhead’s arm out of her socket. “You can call me Harley for short though.” With a wink, she was headed over towards the bar for some heavy alcohol, hopping up onto the seat next to Cairbre.

“The usual, Benjy!” She called out to the bartender with a wave of her hand. Glancing over at Cairbre, she looked him up and down. And where can I find me one of you? “Name’s Harleen, in case you were wondering.” She winked at him as well, resting her hand on her palm, elbows on the countertop. “Y’know, I fancy older men.”

[[I'll bring Robyn in later :) ]]

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 2:08 am 
Maia
Maia

(As you know, I loooove your post! :-D Here's mine, sorry it got a bit lengthy - don't worry, you don't have to match this length in your next reply :lol: I'll try and make it shorter next time!)

Eve blinked up at Guinevere, Edward and Harleen, her grey-blue eyes bleary with drink. A sleepy smile edged onto her lips as Edward helped her up onto her feet, and she flopped against him, grateful to have a place to rest her head. Her feet seemed quite incapable of moving themselves. “I’m not drunk… I’m perfectly capable of… of… what is it, where are we going? Next tavern?” she was slurring and rambling like a trooper, wrapping one arm around Edward’s waist to keep herself steady. “I’ll get the next… round of drinks in…”

Guinevere, who was still recovering from the force of Harleen’s somewhat fierce handshake, raised her eyebrows at Eve, knowing that it would be unkind to laugh at her, but unable to stop herself from smiling all the same. “There’ll be no more drinks for you, sweetheart,” she informed the blonde-haired girl, who murmured a string of incoherent sentences in protest. Guin helped Edward take Eve back over to their table, making sure to prop her up in her seat so that she could at least look a little bit sober.

Guin sat down next to her friend, rubbing her back soothingly and tapping her hand when Eve tried to reach out and pick up another drink. She looked over Eve’s head at Edward with a raised eyebrow, wondering what he made of this situation. It was a well-known fact amongst the crew that Eve was the least hard-living of pirates in the world, and yet here she was, appearing intoxicated as a sailor.

“What a night,” she remarked dryly. “First Eve turns into a drunkard, and then your sister arrives and nearly breaks my arm. What next? Are the horsemen of the apocalypse going to ride out?” She chuckled, her gaze traveling over towards the bar, noticing that was where Harleen had headed. The girl was sitting next to Cairbre, chatting happily away at him.

Cairbre hadn’t even noticed Harleen walk into the tavern, let alone appear next to him or shout at the bartender. He’d been lost in his thoughts, but now he heard her talking, her voice sounding as if it was coming from a long distance away as it interrupted his thought process. Turning his head indifferently, he realized that she’d been addressing him, and he raised one eyebrow. Quite obviously, she was trying to flirt with him; little did she know, she’d picked the one man in Tortuga she would never win over.

“Do you?” he responded. He gestured with his glass of port towards an elderly, decrepit-looking old man who sat in a corner of the tavern. “I’m sure that gentlemen over there will be right up your street then.” His tone was laced with sarcasm. Cairbre felt sorry for these type of girls, because they reminded him of his sister Rosalind, drifting around bars, chatting up men. What kind of life was it for them to lead?

“Excuse me,” he said briefly, sliding his glass along down the bar top towards the barkeep, before getting to his feet in one elegant movement. He walked over to the table where Edward and Guin sat on either side of Eve. Eve was cuddled up to Edward with no hint of embarrassment. Slowly, she opened her eyes.

“Cairbre!” Eve burbled, as Guin tried to hide her laughter. “Good to see you. Always good. This is what we need, eh Guin, Guinevere? Handsome men. Drink, lovely nice… ale… or port or rum. Good times!”

“That’s right…” Guin assured her as Cairbre sat down next to her. She wrapped her arm idly around Cairbre’s neck, and he smiled down at her with eyes full of affection. “But I beat you on this one, Eve. I have the most good-looking man. No offence intended, Edward.” She grinned at Edward, obviously enjoying the situation for what it was; a chance to have fun. That might change later on though, when Eve reached the depressed drunk stage – and it would be even worse when she had a hangover the next morning and remembered what had happened.

“Anyway,” Guin continued, “aren’t you going to invite your sister over here, Edward? Or should I say Eddie?” She spoke good-naturedly, indicating Harleen with a nod of her head.

“Hang on, that’s your sister?” Cairbre said to his friend. He laughed, shaking his head in disbelief. “You need to keep better control of her, Ed.”

“Easier said than done,” Guin said. “Just look at Rosa.”

“Yes, just look at Rosa,” Cairbre repeated. “If she was here. I tried my best to keep her out of trouble and look what happened. No, I’m not going to think about my sister tonight,” he decided, firmly. “As our dear drunken Eve declared – tonight is for merriment. Our nights off have been too scarce lately.”

“Far too scarce,” Eve agreed. “I’m sick of having to climb the stupid rigging and, and keep watch at night… you know what I’ll do? I’ll be sick on the rigging and then who’ll want to climb it? No one! No more Black Pearl ‘cause it’s covered in Eve Summers' vomit!”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2022, 4:25 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

asos Discount Code
give me cosmetics Discount Code
ninja kitchen Discount Code
nike Discount Code
vonhaus Discount Code
Boden Discount Code
alpinetrek Discount Code
roseland furniture Discount Code
manomano Discount Code