Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Comedy of Fortune RPG
PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 5:15 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Lupas looked at the onions, and said "Sure, I can do that for you easily enogh." He went over to a cabinet, opened it, and pulled out a cutting board, and a bowl. He then walked over to a bunch of knives, and grabed a chopping knife. Once he had everything he walked to the onions, and placed everything down, and started pulling the skins off of them.

He then looked back at Raina, and said "So these well dressed men you saw, did they look important, did it seem like they wanted to discuss business of some sort, and where they more like wealthy merchants, or government officials, and do you happen to remember how long ago that this meeting had happened."

As he had been talking he had started choping the onions. First from top to blttom, and then laying them on there side he cut them again. He had started out slow, but steadily he had increased his speed, doing this while he was talking, until by the time his hand had finally stooped increasing thier speed you almost couldn't see them. Once he was finally done cutting, a few minutes later, he used the flat side of the knife to push the onions into the bowl. He did this all as if it came natually to him.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 3:40 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Ravast was surprised by anger in Joana's words but didn't say anything, just was looking as she was walking to her cabin.
He moved to his quarters, with the mess in his head. Everything turned as he wanted but what was that strange feeling he had in his stomach? When he was in the tavern and talked with governer's people, he was sure this mission is for him, perfect, someone would say. He was a spy before and it was easy for him. But this crew...and most important THIS captain...his mission started to feel for him ugly. He never knew how pirates live, he thought that they only kill, drink and...well, let's say he didn't have good opinion about them. These people were different than his imagination. They were sad, they were happy, they acted like normal people who have their own lifes. Yes, they were killing people but he knew how were ending people who were opposing governer - also as dead bodies.
So who he should support? He didn't wanted Joana hang on the gallow. She was...well WAS.
When he came to his cabin, he was almost sure that he won't do this to these people. And he wanted to see this Island of Ten Wonders.

Set by Nurr. Thank you!

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 4:29 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: Somewhere where there's free pumkin spice coffees. HAPPY AUTUMN!

"Yes. Yes. Government men. And, no, I'm sorry." Raina said. "Wow! Great job!" her smile was approving. She felt like she could be herself here. "What exactly do you do on the ship?" she asked.

Avatar http://www.lunaii-dollmaker.com/dollmaker

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 11:38 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Please, don't appologize. You've been very healpful. Thak you for that." Lupas smilled appreciatively, and said "Thank you also, for the complement. This crew doesn't really care to much about cooking. They don't care about spices, or flavor, all they want is something edible, and to be able to keep it down. That's it. They have no manners, and you can forget grattitude. To tell you the truth I think that most of them would think of the word, refinment, as a curse word." He laughed as he brought the bowl over, and placed it on the counter next to where Raina was searing the meat.

He then looked at her, and said "As for what I do around here, that is a bit of a loaded question. It would probably be easier to say what I don't do. My title is Master at Arms, as I believe you have already heard. What that entitles is that I'm the man the Captain comes to when she wants advice on a plan that involves combat. Whether that be an attack, a deffense, or a silent raid. It also mens that I'm usually the man on the front lines pushing the men to continue. The Captain fights with them, but she has to stay back out of the worst of it, because if she died then the rest of the crew would loose heart. I also have to maintain the weaponry, keep stock of the gun powder, and ammunition, and make sure that there's enough weapons to go around. I also feel a personal responsibility to the safety of the Captain, the ship, and the crew.

"However, outside of my regular dutues, which don't really take up much of my time, I found that I had little to do. So I took on some extra duties as well. I help to maintain our stores of food, and equipment. I screen the few guest we choose to take on board, and check over there rooms, and try to distract them from noticing what it is we really do here, but we don't take on to many of them either, because of the risk. As I said, for quit some time I have been the main cook, but know that will fall to you, although I'm sure that I'll be in here from time to time to offer you a hand, the same way I am right know. I also try to help maintain a sense of order on the ship. Not an easy job, so it is actually a combined effort between me, the First Officer, and the Quartermaster, and God help the person that makes enough trouble for the Captain to get involved. Other then that the crew takes care of pretty much all of the other less glamorous work. Is there anything else that you would like me to help prepare?" Lupas could feel his usually constant tension relaxing in his muscles, and just felt generally comfortable around Raina. He didn't know why, he just did, and he liked that he felt that way. It was an amazing burden off his shoulders, but he didn't know why he flet this way, and he wanted to know why. Just so he could try, and understand, what it all meant.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 1:30 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Goliath was overseeing the loading of the supplies into the hold when he heard a noise coming from behind some of the crates. Walking over, he looked behind the crates and saw the deckhand Paul Lofton napping in a hammock, again.

Stepping behind the crates, Goliath kicked the bottom of the hammock, knocking Paul to the deck. Waking with a start, Paul asked "What's the big idea?"

"You were sleeping again, Paul!" Goliath yelled. "I've told you, if the captain catches you asleep whle the sun is still up, you're going to be swimming home!"

"Sorry, but you didn't have to kick me." Paul said, standing up and rubbing his rear end.

"You have to learn somehow." Goliath shot back. "Now get above deck and get to work or a sore butt will be the least of your worries." Goliath shook his head as the deckhand walked away. The only reason he was so tough on him was that he saw potential in the sorry lout. If only he could keep him out of the liquor and awake.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 6:13 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Well, no, not really, but if you wish to stay..." she trailed off thyinking about how foolish that must sound.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 2:42 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Lupas walked closer to Raina, and said "I would truly enjoy keeping your company for a while more, but if you have everything else in hand here then I need to go see a friend about a personal matter, but if I have your permission I would call apon you later this day, and we could talk some more then." He looked into her eyes deeply as he said this.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 8:30 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Paul went above deck rubbing his rear. The quartermaster was always pushing him around, but he was a good enough fellow. He decided he would stay out of his path for a while and let him cool down. Climbing the mast, he settled himself into the crow's nest to keep an eye out.

Goliath went around below deck to look for the master at arms, Lupas, one of only a few people on the boat he truley trusted, aside from the captain and maybe that lazy barnacle Paul. "Lupas!" He called out. "Where are ya? I need to talk with ya."

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 10:48 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Of course," Raina said, blushing. Watching Lupas leave, she thought about what she would say next ime she saw him. As part of her personality, she liked to make plans, not jump right in. Though it seemed she had done just that.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 12:09 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Lupas smilled as he left Raina, and started thinking of some questions that he wanted to ask her the next time he saw her. He then soock himself from his thoughts back to what he was doing know, and went in search of Goliath. He had met the giant Dwarf while in service of the Royal Fortune. Goliath had told Lupas about what had happened to his people, and the description of the destruction sounded a lot like how his own people had been whiped out. After the two of them had discused it back, and forth, for a while they had decidded that it was very likely that the same sorcerer had been responsible for the massacres of both of their peoples.

He spotted Paul up in the crows nest, and knew that Goliath had to be somewhere near if Paul was actually working instead of sleping again. He searched above deck a little longer, and then decided to go below deck, and look there. After searching a bit Lupas heard Goliath calling out for him saying that he needed to talk to him. Lupas laughed a litle to himself as he thought 'So he needs to talk to me, and I need to talk to him. That's a funny coincidence.' He walked up to Goliath saying "I'm over here you big oaf, and I need to talk to you too. So why don't you stop stomping around, and get over here so we can talk, before you end up running over some crew member that's just going about their duties, and we have to find another physician to come take care of a trampled patient." He said all of this in a joking manner.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 6:05 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Goliath turned around to see Lupas. By the Nine, he was sneaky. "Yeah, I wanted to talk to you about a few things. I heard about a few new crewmen coming aboard. What can you tell me about them?"

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 9:35 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Well I can tell you that one of them is why I wanted to speek to you, but we'll come back to him later. So lets see, first there is a human male by the name of Jonah, he's an old see hand, but his age apears to be about halfway between yours, and Pauls, but from what I can tell it seems like between him, and Paul, we may just find oursleves short on ale this trip, and that's only if his mouth doesn't get him tossed over first. Then there's Raina, a human female, a few years younger than me I'd say, she was a barmaid, but left that to be our new cook, so I don' have to hold those duties anymore, but aside from her previous employment she looks like she could handle herself well enough, and she seems to have a real fire in her.

"Then we come to the last one. The very one that I wanted to speak to you about. A young male elf, well young for them at least, I'd say somewhere between two thirty, and two fifty, goes by the name Ravast, he's a smoth talker like most f his race is, and he's a skilled thief. I've had a bad feling about his since I saw him, but the Captain has taken an exseptionally strong liking for him, if you catch my drift. I asked Raina about him, and it seems that he recently had dealings wuth a very official looking individual. So I honestly wonder if he's not here to try, and sabotage us.

"I'd like for you to keep a close eye on him, and inform me of any suspicious activities that you see. The Captain also told me to give him his own room, so I gave him the one clossest to the stairs. You know, the one on the left with a whole that a spider can hide in. So I'll be checking in on him myself, from time to time. I think that about covers everything I have at this time on them. So what do you thnk, any questions?" As he said the last part a beam of light crossed his eyes, and made them flash savagely, especially with the smile that he had on his face at that moment.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 6:45 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Goliath nodded as Lupas described each new crew memeber. He laughed about the comment on Paul's drinking. "The damnest thing is, Paul pays for every drop he drinks. Every. Single. Drop. If it wasn't for that, I'm sure he would have been long gone from the crew."

When he was done about the Elf, Goliath shook his head. "No, no questions, but I'll keep an eye on him. He steps out of line, if ANY of them step out of line, I'll be the one they have to answer to. Now, I think I'll go make my rounds." Nodding to Lupas, he went above deck. Looking up at the crow's nest, Goliath nodded in satisfaction at seeing Paul making himself somehwat useful.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 2:30 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Ravast felt that he made a good decision. But he couldn'ts tay too long in his cabin. He felt that he needs fresh air. He went to the deck and looked at the work of the crew that was ready for departure. The ship soon will sail on the open sea, to their destination.
It was first time he was on the ship. He was little afraid ofthe ocean but he was sure that someone with such good condition as him can stand even difficulties of sea trek.

Set by Nurr. Thank you!

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 6:34 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Goliath noticed the Elf come above deck. He would have to meet him sooner or later if they were to be sailing together. He walked over to him and said "Greetings. I'm the Quartermaster, Goliath. I understand you're one of the new crewmembers."

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 9:41 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

After Goliath left, Lupas headed above deck himself. He walked towards the Captains quarters, and nocked on the door, and then said "Captain, the tide is right, the wind is stong, and blowing in the right direction for us to set sail, all of the crew, and restocked supplies are on bored, and stored. I would say that we go ahead, and depart from the docks, before something else happens that delays our journey." With that Lupas waited for the Captain to come out so that they could be on their way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next