Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Comedy of Fortune RPG
PostPosted: April 5th, 2012, 7:54 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

The Captain finally decided that the possible gains weren't enough for him to risk the guaranteed losses that would come. He then waved his arms toward him men positioned with there rifles, they all then turned, and filled away togther back toward their usual rounds. He then bowed to the ships Captain, and said "Forgive me for my actions madam. I will take my leave of you now." He then turned, and begain to head back down the ramp. He saw Lupas' stare, and visibly shuddered. Once he reached his men that waited at the base of the ramp he signald for them to turn, and they left the docks as quickly as composure allowed.

Once out of earshoot Lupas lighty laughed, and said "Well that was enjoyable Captain. I haven't had a good tosser with a gaurd in quite some time. Although, if he hadn't of been such a pompous fool, and a coward to boot, I might have got a decent fight out of this as well. I haven't had one of those for quite a while either." a slightly dark gleam had rose in Lupas' eys, and a smile that matched had touched his lips, as he spoke of the prospect of a fight.

Almost as fast as the expresion had come it vanished, and he then said "We probably want to be away from here as soon as possible Captain. One of those gaurds will report this incident, and probably provide a sketch of you also. So you can bet that next time this problem arises in a port it will be an actual likeness of you that they bring, not a generalized description."

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: April 6th, 2012, 1:06 am 
Istari
Istari

"You are right, we have to leave as soon as we can" said Joana. She called first officer and said few words to him and after that, when sailor repeated her orders to to the crew, they started to work on the deck, which was interrupted by guards. "We must buy more food, we haven't enough of apples. Stevenson, go with some fine men and look if someone can supply a good portion."

She lookedat Lupsa, Raina and Ravast.

"Now I want to talk with you about Island of Ten Wonders. If nothing interrupts us again."

PostPosted: April 6th, 2012, 2:45 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: Somewhere where there's free pumkin spice coffees. HAPPY AUTUMN!

Raina stifled a sigh of relief as the guards walked back down the gangplank and onto the dock. She looked back to the Capitain as she said something about the Island of Ten Wonders. She just hoped they would sail soon to get away from this blasted place. Out onto the sea, where she wouldn't have to be afraid of being taken back to the tavern. She was starting to like this idea more and more.

Avatar http://www.lunaii-dollmaker.com/dollmaker

PostPosted: April 8th, 2012, 6:48 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"How long we will travel to this Island? And will we stumble on someone...or something?" asked Ravast. "I mean, are there any other islands, inhabited or not inhabited by humans or any other creatures? I bet there are."

Set by Nurr. Thank you!

PostPosted: April 8th, 2012, 9:28 am 
Istari
Istari

Joana pierced him with her eyes.

" I guess it's one of diplomatic skills to show all my hidden plans to all of you" she said, ignoring that new crewmate is talking to her like to someone of his position. "Yes, few islands on our way has bad reputation and we should stay away from them but if something will force us to land on them, Master of Arms will be sure to keep danger out of our way and help us...survive."

PostPosted: April 8th, 2012, 2:00 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Lupas watched Ravast, and couldn't help but fell that there was something slightly off about him. He knew that he would have to keep a close eye on him. He then looked at Joana, and said " It is as my Captain says. Sould we encounter any resistance, wether on land, or at sea, I'll make sure that it doesn't resist us for long. I''m here to make sure that the Captain, and the ship as well as those on her, are always safe from harm. I have a few tricks up my sleeves, as well as other tihngs, that should take care of any situation that arises."

PostPosted: April 9th, 2012, 12:49 pm 
Istari
Istari

"You see, you don't have to be scared about your skin, mate" Joana said with sugar tone and looked at Ravast. He was a thief. She didn't need a thief on her board but something in his attitude made her...like him in some sort of way. He was cheerious which was difficult to find amongst her crew. Maybe she just needed smile once for a while? Her previous ship was full of bad blood and she didn't want to be such on Royal Fortune.

"Lupas, can you tell us about condition of our armoury?" she asked, looking how Grandes is coming from the cabin and makes a angry expression.

"Captain, did they go? I was ready for the fight but you told me to stay...did I missed something?"

PostPosted: April 9th, 2012, 1:26 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Ravast looked at Grandes with amusement. This lad will be keelhauled by Joana as soon as they meet a trade ship. He was sure an old sailor but his good days were long time gone.
"Captain..." he said, using her title, which he wasn't used to yet. But he saw in look of Joana sparkles that didn't seem well. "Maybe we should...you know, capn', sail away even today? I am not a coward, you won't have coward on the board, I swear, but..."
How can he say that he was afraid of being caught? This was first time he was afraid of being caught. He really wanted to sail to the mysterious Island with these pirates!

Set by Nurr. Thank you!

PostPosted: April 9th, 2012, 3:23 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Raina smirked slightly. She did hope that they would sail todya and voiced this, "I agree with Ravast. I think it would be nice to leave today, Captain, and in, at least I think, our best interest."

PostPosted: April 9th, 2012, 5:57 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"While talking to the blacksmith earlier I was able to procure the ammunition, and gun powder, as well as cannon balls, and cannon powder that we needed. We already have pleanty extra rifles, pistols, swords, daggers, quarterstaffs, and any other hand weapons that you could want for people who need them. We also have more then enough repair supplies than we should need for the voyage."

"I also rechecked the food supplies, and while yes we do need apples, we also needed more pickled eggs, and pickles, so I have a local grocer bringing that as well. I know that nobody really likes them, but they are some of the only things that are sure to keep for a long time at sea. We have plenty hardtack, and ingredients for gruel, as well. Our stocks are also brimming with cheese. So all we need now is for Stevenson to find someone who can supply apples for us, and we can leave today."

Lupas noticed two people pulling a cart and looked at the Captain, bowed, and said "The Blacksmith, and his apprentice, are coming with the supplies. So if you'll excuse me Captain I'll handle the transaction as quick as possible." Lupas then went and greeted the Blacksmith, who pulled back the carts tarp for Lupas to Check the supplies. As he finished, and had gotten done telling the Blacksmith where the armoury was, the Grocer came with a cart, and tapped Lupas on the shoulder presenting the carts cargo to him.

Lupas checked the food quickly, and then directed him to the stoage area. At the same time the Blacksmith was coming back from putting everything abord the ship. Lupas handed the blacksmith a bag of gold, which was quickly counted by the blacksmith. Once it was confimed that the appropriate amount had been given the Blacksmith gave a slight nod of gratitude, and left with his apprentice.

Lupas went back aboard and waited for the Grocer to get done loading the supplies. Once he was finished Lupas presented him with a bag of gold as well, which was quickly counted also, and then the Grocer nodded his gratitude, and left as well. Lupas had throught both transactions looked back a few times to check on those still talking. and was doing so again right now. He just couldn't wave the feeling that this Ravast character was up to something. Lupas just wanted to know what it was before it ended up getting everyone into trouble that they weren't prepared for, whatever it might be. He walked back over to the group, and listened to see what was being said now.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2012, 1:49 am 
Istari
Istari

"You better go to the sails if you got sober" said Joana to Grandes. "We don't need lazies on my ship. If you all want to leave today, better prepare the ship for the departure. She needs cleaning by the way, good work for you, Grandes."

Brackett laughed like crazy.

"What is so funny? That he needs to work? You need to work too, if I remember correctly" said Joana and turned to Lupas. "Great job. When Stevenson will be back, we will be ready. It's great weather for sailing and we need only good wind. Raina, if you want, you can get to kitchen now or you may stay with me until the crew will get used to other woman on board, I don't want to expose you on unnaproproperiate comments."

PostPosted: April 10th, 2012, 8:17 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Thank you, Captain." Raina said. "I think I will stay with you."
She felt like the new kid in school, clinging to the one person she knew, if not that well.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2012, 2:23 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"I want to look at this map one more time...captain" said Ravast. "I am very interested how it looks from close. If you allow me, of course" he made a bow.

Set by Nurr. Thank you!

PostPosted: April 10th, 2012, 5:15 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Lupas bowed deaply to Joana, and said "Thank your for your praise Captain." He then looked at Raina, and considered the living arrangements, and how it would be inappropriate, and not to mention uncomfortable, for here to have to share the common quarters with the crew, and looked back to the Captain and said "Excuse me Captain. I will go and prepare some quarters for the Lady." Lupas then turned and glanced at Ravast, who had asked about seeing the map, while he walked towards the guest, and officer, quarters.

Lupas was feeling stranger, and stranger, about Ravast, and thought to himslef 'Why would he be asking to see the map. The only people who ned to see it are the Captain, and the navigator, besides them the only ones who should see the map were the officers, and that was only if the Captain wanted to show them. Lupas himself hadn't even taken a look at the map yet. What exactly was Ravast's game anyways.'

Lupas made it to the guest quarters which were smaller than the officers quarters, but still nice, especially when considering the common quarters. They where set up right before the officers quarters. He looked through them all, and decided to prepare the one closest to the officers quarters. It was the most spacious, and the nicest, of all the guest quarters. After preparing the room, and bringing in clean sheets, he walked back up to the deck, and took a quick glance around, looking for the Captain, and the others, so he could tell Raina which room was hers.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2012, 1:35 am 
Istari
Istari

Joana looked at Ravast with new spark in her eyes.

"Sorry, lad, but you had chance to look at map when I was showing it to the crew. You will have to wait for the next gathering. Now find yourself a job, Brackett! Show mister Ravast how we work on Royal Fortune" she turned again to Ravast. "As you see, I don't need your negotiation skills right now."

She turned from Ravast and smiled to Raina, encouraging her to go with her to her cabin.

"You will have nice quarter, Lupas will take care of it" she said to the woman.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2012, 4:54 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Thank you, so much," Raina said, smiling. Even this was better than the tavern. She looked at Ravast, quickly, then back to Joana. She wondered why he'd asked to see the map again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next