Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: War of the Gods
PostPosted: April 26th, 2012, 12:43 pm 
Ent
Ent

[I'm so sorry! I've been bogged down by exams D= Back now!]

Poseidon clenched his teeth together and yanked his trident out of a demon's chest. He whirled around and grabbed Athena roughly by the arm.

"Go now, I will cover you. Take Hades with you, I fear he cannot stay on his feet much longer." He held his trident in the air, with the spokes pointing towards the sky. Within seconds, the clouds bent and twisted at his will, swirling downwards to form the start of a treacherous tornado. His arm shook as he took a step back and slowly moved it closer to the demons. A few were sucked in, but many managed to skitter away and find shelter.

"ZEUS." Poseidon jerked his head in his brother's direction and closed his eyes, trying to concentrate through the strain in his arm.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 26th, 2012, 2:15 pm 
Istari
Istari

Hades clenched his teeth at Poseidon'r words about him. He felt much better than few minutes ago and his wounds, after Athena's curation was still healing fastly. But he knew the truth behind his brother's words. He made one more effort to summon mares that started to reaping demons apart and looked in Athena's eyes. His eyes were like wells without bottoms; he felt fury and anger.

"Come with me" he said roughly. "Try to not be distracted by these filths..."

PostPosted: April 26th, 2012, 4:02 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

With determination Zeus stretched out his hand and added his own strength to the whirlwind, removing some of the strain from Poseidon as he slowly backed nearer to his brother. Lightning continued to fly from his hands, crackling up the walls of the tornado and flashing out in all directions like great serpents seeking enemies to slay. Before this new defense, and with the returning terror of Hades’ shadow-mares, the demons shrieked in fear and many began to flee, while others kept on or simply cowered behind what rubble or shelter could be found.

“Hold them back as long as you can, brother,” he called to Poseidon. “I will do what I can to ensure they do not follow.”

Releasing the wind into Poseidon’s full power again, Zeus drew to himself all of his power and strength. His hands and arms glowed as snakes of white-hot fire writhed and crackled against his skin, building and growing until the light was blinding. All at once the lightning sprang free, shooting into the sky only to crash to earth again in a deafening roar, splitting the very rocks in two as it stretched as a web of plasma from ground to sky, creating an impassable wall.

Keeping his focus on the lighting lest it fail in his distraction, Zeus clasped Poseidon’s arm and pulled him away. “Come. It will not hold forever.”

just a big man with a suit of armor.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 28th, 2012, 8:57 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Athena quickly voiced the cloud and jumped on it. Demons wanted to catch her and some of them had wings but she was burning them one by one until she got right height. She was going to Olympus, looking as Hades is trying to fight in his bad shape.

"Hades!" she yelled but now she was high enough to not hear his reply. He saw also Zeus and Poseidon fighting and felt for a moment like traitor.

The Olympus was close.

Set by Nurr. Thank you!

PostPosted: April 30th, 2012, 7:15 pm 
Ent
Ent

Poseidon raised his eyebrow at the barrier and nodded once. All at once, he pulled away and struck his trident to the cracked ground, which parted to reveal a shallow pool of silver water. As he raised his trident, the water obeyed his will and formed a shimmering, liquid arch. He turned back to Zeus.

"We will be much quicker if we travel separately. Make haste, brother. We must warn the others. I am wary that Ares may soon be out of anyone's control if we do not hurry back quickly. He is bloodthirsty and I fear that he may give into his dangerous desires for battle rather than take heed to his wavering conscience."

The demon's cries grew louder from the other side of the wall. Poseidon didn't hesitate to wait for his brother's reply. With a nod, he stepped through the arch. The second he was through, it collapsed back into ground and dried instantly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 1st, 2012, 3:33 am 
Istari
Istari

Hades, still controlling mares, looked at Athena and nodded to himself. Demons were still far away from him but he was losing strenght quickly and he didn't think that he could control his minions any longer. He made a gap in the essence of universe and, deciding to travel through his underworld kingdom to Olympus, he jumped quickly and closed the hole behind him.

He appeared in dark and cold place. He knew it so well, that he didn't waste time for wandering and looking for path. He knew the corridors of reality that were binding Olympus with Underworld.

He, after some time of travelling, appeared on the godly mount.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2012, 10:26 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(OOC: Hey, just letting everyone know that I've decided to take on Ares as well! Hermes is still free to all, I just borrowed him for this post.)

“I tell you that we should attack now! The demons are overconfident, as are Kronos and his other foolish brethren. Now is the prefect time!” Ares spoke rapidly, his eyes flashing with impatience and bloodlust. He looked around at his fellow gods, glaring at each. It was obvious that his speech had been going for some time, yet no one seemed convinced.

“By Chaos, you are all cowards!” Ares snarled, slamming the butt of his spear down on the ground in disgusted rage. “Will you all stand here and wait for them to overrun us?”

“We are none of us cowards,” Hermes spoke, his voice calm. “But to charge headlong into battle is folly. We are not even of full numbers! And an order has not been given. We should wait for your father, or for Hades or Poseidon, and spare ourselves the trouble of rash action.”

“So says the fleet-footed one, the ever-running, ever flying Hermes,” Ares sneered. “You of us all would be the first to turn and flee, under the pretense of playing as my father’s messenger.”

The coming of Athena and Hades went unnoticed by these two, locked in a battle of will as they were. Hermes’ eyes darkened as he gazed cooly at his fellow god. “Beware your words, son of Zeus. For I do not fear you, god of war though you be, nor will I flee before you.”

With a low growl Ares stepped towards Hermes, his fists clenched. “You forget your place, messenger.”

The sound of thunder caused all to start as Zeus, in a flash of lightning and static fire, appeared in their midst. The god of thunder looked around, taking in the spectacle with narrowed eyes. “What is going on here?”

Hermes immediately stepped away from Ares, bowing his head to Zeus. “A disagreement, that is all,” he said calmly.

Zeus turned his narrowed gaze to Ares, who lowered his own eyes quickly in angry displeasure. With a sigh Zeus looked to Athena and Hades and nodded, glad to see that they had made it safe. “Brother, daughter,” he said in greeting.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2012, 3:13 am 
Istari
Istari

"You, again a conflict?" Hades said that by clenched teeth. "We are in the middle of terror and you are quarreling. How sweet."

He didn't mean to sound sarcastic but this bunch of gods always was on his nerves. He felt that he only work here, trying to adapt underworld to living and these ones - he turned to Ares - are doing everything to not do anything.

"Demons are stronger and they aren't brainless, even if it seems they are. I guess Ares wanted to attack them frontally, that's why your toungues are dancing this stupid dance."

PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 6:02 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Perhaps a full-on attack is precisely what we need." Poseidon seemed to melt into the room. It was unclear how long he had been there, but his hair was still damp. He stepped forward. The trident in his hands vanished as he crossed his arms over his chest and strode over towards Ares, his brow furrowed.

"However, it would be unwise to hurl all of our forces at once into a full-frontal battle. What we need is a diversion-- something to take our enemy's eyes away for a few precious moments while the strength of our real armies attack from behind."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 9:07 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(OOC: I borrowed Prometheus this time. He's still free to all, though.)

"At last, one who see's reason!" Ares exclaimed, though his pleasure faded some with the continuation of Poseidon’s words. However even he was not foolish enough to contradict one of his father’s brothers, and he merely stood silent, though Poseidon’s talk of diversions galled him.

“You speak wisely, brother,” Zeus said. “And with calm reason that others have yet to learn.” This was directed to Ares, though Zeus never once looked at his son as he spoke. “The Titans have grown restless and overconfident, and are not as cautious as they should be. However, we will not let that influence us to make rash decisions.”

“But, father-!” Ares began.

“No, Ares,” Zeus snapped. “We will not make the same mistake. An attack is necessary, but as my brother says, we cannot attack head-on without a distraction.”

“But, my lord Zeus,” Prometheus said slowly, seeking permission that was granted with a nod. “The Titans are not fools, and they are not easily distracted. Whatever you will do, it must be worthy of their attention. Otherwise any action will be futile.”

Zeus nodded again, his face solemn and guarded. “What say you, brother?” he asked, turning to Hades. “What say any of you?”

banner by me

Profile       WWW