Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: War of the Gods
PostPosted: April 14th, 2012, 12:01 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

For time immeasurable the world has been ruled by the Titans, great masters full of power. Their children are the gods, whose powers the Titans secretly fear. In that fear they are either benevolent or cruel as fancy strikes. But the time has come when the gods have grown tired of their often treacherous overlords, and whispers of war have begun to stir.

Immortal against Immortal.

Fathers against sons. Mothers against daughters.

The gods have grown weary of mistreatment. The Titans must fall.

The fate of the world is in the hands of the victors.

The wait is over. The war has begun.

----------------------------

Rules (just in case):
No god-modding.
Please use proper spelling/punctuation/grammar.
Try to keep cursing to a minimum.
No smut, please!
HAVE FUN!

-----------------------------

Characters In Use:

Zeus - God of Wind and Storms (played by Henoluin)

Hades - God of the Underworld (played by Cara)

Athena - Goddess of Wisdom (played by Rumpelstiltskin)

Poseidon - God of the Seas and Rivers (Played by Juliette)

Ares - God of War (played by Henoluin)

------------------------------

Available Characters:

Gods:
Ares - God of War
Apollo - God of Song, Healing, and Light
Hermes - The Messenger of the gods
Hephaestus - God of the Forge and of Fire
Prometheus - (While actually a Titan, he sided with the gods during the war)

Goddesses:
Hera - Goddess of Marriage
Artemis - Goddess of Hunting and of Wild Things
Aphrodite - Goddess of Love and Beauty

Titans:
Kronos - King of the Titans and Father of Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon
Ocean - Ruler of the Oceans (before Poseidon)
Hyperion - Ruler of the Sun

(There are also various lesser gods available, so anyone who wants to use any of them, feel free! :) )

Note:Anyone interested in joining up, please feel free to pop in whenever! Just PM me with the character you'd like to play so that I can remove them from the "available" list and then slide right on in!

just a big man with a suit of armor.

banner by me

Last edited by Henoluin on May 1st, 2012, 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: War of the Gods
PostPosted: April 14th, 2012, 12:03 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(Alrighty, here's my first post!)

Zeus dropped behind the half-shattered wall, using the crumbled stones and cracking pillars as cover as he took a moments respite. Behind and around him the earth shook and rumbled and shrieks and cries split the air as the demons from whom he was fleeing raced on and about in search of him.

His clothing was singed and tattered in places, torn and burnt from claws and flaming bodies. His appearance he knew to be somewhat ghastly just then, but the clothing was the last of his worries - it would mend. The gashes and burns on his body were more concerning, but they too would mend it time. All that worried him now were the monsters that pursued him, and the fate that would await him should he fall into their hands.

The sounds around him grew and faded as his father’s demons drew nearer and the further away in their hunt. He needed to get moving again before they caught him.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 2:47 am 
Istari
Istari

Hades was seating, his grimace was stone. The injuries he got in the battle were healing slowly but his mind was occupied by strange feeling of failure. He didn't know where Zeus and Poseidon are, his brothers, blood of his blood and partners in crime. The war with the Titans was in apogeum and he felt that he doesn't do everything as he should.

He was furious at Zeus. It was happening more and more often that his brother was leaving him behind. He felt that Zeus doesn't trust him and that was like a big wound. He was as powerful as he and his powers should be used to good things. He started slowly hate his brother for that and this hatred was eating him from inside, making him grim.

Poseidon was other side of the coin. He trusted Hades and was more like a brother for him. He didn't hate him as he hated Zeus. He was sure that in the end Poseidon will end like he, under the growing power of the storm god.

Hades hissed. Where were his brothers? Even Zeus. He was sure that Titans did something horrible. He had to act. He stood from his seat but the wound opened, his body refused to work. He hissed once again. He was made for act not staying at "home" like a beggar.

Last edited by Cara on April 16th, 2012, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 5:53 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Hades."

It was Athena. She was surprised by the look of the brother of Zeus, he looked almost shattered. She knew that he left the battlefield with the demons on it and went to cure himself. She was the one who was helping him to recover. She was goddess of wisdom afterall and she knew tricks how to make god body recover faster.

"I am afraid that I don't have any messages from your brothers" she said with caution. "Hermes still doesn't know what happened with them. He risked his skin for the Zeus..."

She saw a strange expression on Hades' face. He...was almost...amused. She knew he is in bad shape but not so much to be happy from disappearenace of his brothers. She walked closer.

"You can back and help them, your wound won't be bothering you more than few hours." she said slowly. "I am going. I am a fighter and they need me, I can't stay here any longer."

Set by Nurr. Thank you!

PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 11:24 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

It took what felt like ages, but eventually Zeus made it away from the center of the battle without much trouble. Still, even in the places that were considered "safe" he went along with caution - there were no truly safe places. Not in this war.

Somewhere nearby he knew he would find the others. Many of the gods were scattered across the endless battlefield, but they always came back to this place when they needed rest. He was hoping to find his brothers and to make sure that all was well with them.

No sooner had the wish crossed his mind than in the distance he made out the shapes of two figures, each well known and familiar. "Athena, Hades," he called, moving more quickly now in order to join them. They were speaking to each other but he couldn't make out the words yet. He could tell that Hades was angry, or at the very least unhappy with something. Unfortunately that wasn't entirely uncommon these days. None of them ever looked very happy anymore.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 12:20 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Athena, do you really think that they can't make it without you? You are really naive then..." Hades looked at the goddess with new anger in his eyes. She was caring of him like he needed it. He was a god, he could recover by himself and didn't need a nurse. He didn't want to harm Athena with his words, he just wanted to tell her how pointless is this war but couldn't say a word about it. Because he would know then.

He saw him in the distance, he was calling them.

"You see? He is safe. I can't tell I wasn't worried, yes, but now we should worry about Poseidon" Hades said it with nonchalance but strange vibration came through his veins when he saw his brother. It was difficult to tell, mix of love, fear, guilt and hatred. He knew that Zeus was worried about him and it only made every feeling stronger.

"Zeus!" he put a mask of happiness and waved the hand.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 2:11 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Athena frowned. Words of Hades weren't nice but she knew him long time and knew that he is little...disappointed with life. Something was in him that was stoping him from enjoying the normal life. She assumed that it was lonelyness, because Hades was spending his time mostly alone.

"You were more than worried" she said only and looked at Zeus who were close to them enough to hear their words. "What happened? Have you seen Poseidon?"

Set by Nurr. Thank you!

PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 4:51 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Well hello. Nice to see you, too, daughter mine," Zeus said dryly in reply to Athena's non-greeting. He frowned a little at her question and shook his head. "I was hoping that he would be here. I have not seen him for some time."

Turning his gaze to Hades, he nodded in greeting before his frown deepened as took in his brother's appearance. "You are injured, brother?" he asked, concern leaking into his tone. 

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 11:39 pm 
Ent
Ent

The demons tittered and crouched around the sputtering marsh their eyes narrowed as they exchanged glances. Suddenly, without warning, an alarming explosion of water burst forth in the air. Poseidon stepped through the hot geyser and flexed his human feet into the damp mud. His lips were pulled back into a snarl as he raised his golden trident. He could feel white-hot rage boiling within his immortal body as he twisted around to face the pathetic creatures that their enemies had sent forth for him. With a snarl, he struck the trident to the ground. The wind howled, matching his fury as it whipped his hair away from his silver eyes. Suddenly, the earth began the shake violently, and the demons crawled away, screaming and clawing as they fell through the opening cracks in the damp ground. Poseidon's gaze snapped up to the sky. He could sense his brothers near. He whirled around just as the river nymphs appeared at the edge of the water, craning their necks as they glanced through the crevices in the ground. With an impatient wave of his hand, the earth shook again and the gaps closed.

"Give warning and make haste if others arrive. I must see to the rest." Without wasting another moment, he pulled his robes around his body and began to stride towards the ancient ruins in the distance. With every step, the wind grew stronger and pushed him closer to the half-crumbling temple between the mountains. Poseidon was out of his element on land, for he often lost patience with his legs and preferred traveling by sea, but he would not be outmatched by his brothers for his weaknesses. As long as the weather remained somewhat faithful to him as it always did with Zeus, he would be manage just fine. As he approached the temple, he stopped and lowered himself to the dirt, bringing his trident down hard as he did so. Water gushed forth from the ground and pushed him into the air and over the stone walls, guiding him gently to the other side before disappearing into the cracks of the floor beneath their feet. He took a step forward, his eyes narrowed as he took in Zeus' appearance.

"My brother, your appearance is frightful." His gaze flickered to a stormy-looking Hades. He raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. "They're closing in. We don't have much time."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 2:28 am 
Istari
Istari

"I am alright, brothers" said Hades looking at his wound. Athena's curation was giving effects, the wound was in much better shape. But he still felt burning pain where demons touched him by their fire. He concentrated and tried to locate where exactly the remains of demons' curse are eating his body but he couldn't. He was too distracted.

"I agree with Poseidon" he said, standing up. He rather felt weak and he hated this state. He was sure that it will vanish quickly but still. He looked at Zeus' clothes and felt bite of guilt. His brother was in much worse condition than he and he, god, was slobbering about his pitfull wound. He almost burst out laughing. He moved to Poseidon. "This place will soon be swarmed by enemies. They feel our presence as we feel ours. If we want to win this battle, we must join the rest."

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 3:44 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Athena nodded.
"But we must first locate others. We can't walk by, leaving this place, not knowing where the enemy is and where are Hermes, Ares and the rest. Hermes was risking to findZ eus but you are here, Zeus, butand Hermes is missing. I think we are in most difficult situation."
She usually felt where other gods are. She just knew, it was one of her powers that they all had. But now she felt nothing.

Set by Nurr. Thank you!

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 10:22 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

“Brother,” Zeus said, taking Poseidon’s arm and clasping it in greeting. His relief at seeing his second brother was obvious. He paid no heed and made no reply to the comment on his appearance; it was unimportant and there was no time to waste in worrying about it now.

He glanced to Athena as she spoke and nodded. “I sent Ares and some of the others to the farthest side of the field, nearer Olympus. We will join them there.” Her other words seemed to both confused and displease him. “Hermes is no fool. I’m sure he will have joined the others when he could find no sign of me,” he said slowly, though in truth he was making more of a hopeful guess than saying anything that he was certain of.

Behind them a growing cacophony of sounds warned that the danger was coming nearer. How they had found this place Zeus wasn’t entirely certain - it had long gone undiscovered. Perhaps he had not been as successful in his escape from the demons as he had supposed. How they found it though was now irrelevant. What mattered was that they were coming; this place would not be safe to rest in again. “We must go. Now.” He looked at Hades. “Can you make it, brother?” he inquired cautiously. He asked, not to demean, but because he was concerned. He didn’t believe Hades to be as well as the other god claimed, and he knew for himself how painful and wearying cursed wounds could be.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 9:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

"It matters not if he can make it. He must." Poseidon gave Hades a hard look. There was no time to wait and call for aid. They were in the midst of a war. With a heavy sigh, he switched the trident to his left hand and glanced upwards just in time to see one of the river nymphs poised above them, her lovely slender hands holding her up at the top of the stone wall. The wind blew her silvery hair gently away from her delicate face as she met Poseidon's gaze with a look that was filled with dread and fear. But before she could speak, an arrow sliced through the air and penetrated her body. Without a sound, the life disappeared from her eyes and she fell silently over the wall, vanishing from sight. Poseidon's jaw hardened as the high-pitched demon shrieks ripped through the air, echoing within their sanctuary.

"They're here."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 2:30 am 
Istari
Istari

Hades put himself together and with a really hard strenght of will, he made a move with his hand and earth shaked a little. From the ground the mares started coming up, the ghastly companions of the God of Underworld. He usually kept them far from himself, because they were reminding him that Zeus wished him to stay in his realm, but now they were good aid for the wounded god.

They looked really horrible, like a nightmare but he knew that demons don't look at appeareance, they just kill. He moved his hand once more and the mares, with a vibrating sound that hurted ears, came on the coming demons. One of the mares, holding a black, long blade, came through the demon and pierced him from the back with a dagger. The demon lied on the ground without a sound and mare laughed with a crazy tune and went further.

Hades smiled lightly; he hated them but they were doing a good job. He pulled a sword and prepared himself for the fight.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 7:18 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(I know that I'm technically posting out of turn, but since it's been almost 48 hours since the last post, and in the interest of keeping the rp moving, I thought I'd go ahead and keep it going. :))

Now in territory where the necessity of a quiet escape was gone, Zeus no longer had need for caution. As the demons came he stood his ground alongside the others, eyes flashing as the light of battle filled them. He waved his hand and the very earth began to tremble as thunder rolled through the sky. The wind rose and howled, breezing easily past the gods only to slam into the approaching monsters with the force of a thousand horses. Light and fire flew from Zeus’ hands, hot and pure and utterly destructive as it blazed through the air to strike down members of the demonic hoard.

Fire and burning ash rained down around them and the air turned hot and stifling as the heat of flaming bodies in numbers uncounted swarmed nearer. Some of the enemy were already among them, falling in from the skies or writhing up between fissures in the earth. From above the roar of the thunder the cries of eagles sounded, and phantom shapes of the noble birds floated on the blowing wind, striking the enemy down as they could, each following the command of their master.

His brothers and daughter fought all around him, but the demons continued to swarm, two replacing every one that was cut down and vanquished. “We cannot hold them all off forever,” he called to the others, in a voice untainted by fear but bearing a hint of urgency. Dodging a blow, he struck down the offending opponent with a bolt of his deadly fire. “If you can, go, and join the others on Olympus. We will all regroup there.”

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 2:27 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"I can't leave you here, father" said Athena softly. "We will move to Olympus together or never. But if you really wish..."
She had to stop in the middle because demon jumped on her when she was distracted. She made a move with a hand and the creature turned into stone and fell on the ground. Athena was known for using various forms of magic and it was one of them, the nature magic, that she learned during her studies.

Set by Nurr. Thank you!