Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Half-Life: The Resistance
PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 10:27 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Geoff nodded as the three made their way through back alleys, heading towards the docks, to the boat they had hidden their. "Yeah, that's definitely a neat toy. It makes me wish the military had never retired them from service." He looked to Dax "The Combine certainly seem to hate the hell out of it. I've always wondered, how did you come by it anyway? It's in immaculate condition for such an old piece, and that's coming from an industrial engineer who could build one based on looks."

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 2:23 am 
Istari
Istari

Dax shrugged and laughed.

"I took it from the commander's room when I left military and since then, I keep it like a baby. I used to fight with it most of my time when I was in my division. And I was good as hell. I think the gold path is to use it but not oversuse it, if you know what I mean. Hope it won't dissapoint me in our mission."

She patted flamethrower with a loving gesture.

PostPosted: April 26th, 2012, 5:41 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Damion just listened as Dax, and Geoff, talked to each other. He watched their surondings at the same time, making sure that noone snuck up on them all of a sudden. He then looked back to Geoff and said "Not trying to sound impatient, but how much further is the boat? We are near the docks, but exactly where is it located?"

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: April 26th, 2012, 7:21 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"At an abandoned dry dock." Geoff said. "Once we get there, we'll lower the boat into the water and head to the other side of Lake Ontario. I would like to say it'll be easy after that, but this is just the beginning." He gave his companions a level look. "Once we get across, we still have to get across nearly 300 miles of Combine territory. If we're lucky, we'll be able to get a vehicle and help from other Resitance cells, but we'll be mainly on our own." As they arrived at the dry dock, he leveled another look at Dax and Damion. "Once we get on this boat, it's the point of no return. We won't be turning around, and once the Overwatch finds out we're missing from the city, they'll be after us, and they won;t stop until we're dead. If either of you want to turn back and go back to base, I'll understand..."

PostPosted: April 27th, 2012, 1:44 am 
Istari
Istari

"Haha, death, they can eat it if they want, I won't step back" said Dax. "I am tired of hiding, time for action."

She really meant that, they were not just the words. Coming by Combine territory was so tempting. She didn't act for a long time, learning about their weapon technology. Now she will do something bigger and it flowed in her veins like a finest liquor.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2012, 11:51 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Damion looked at the two of them, and said "OK, then see ya later." he turned and took a few steps before quickly turing back, and walking back to the two of them and throwing an arm onto Geoffs shoulder and said "Do you honestly expect either one of us to leave after everything we've done to get ready for this. We've come this far already, and we'll go the rest of the way with you. Besides, I think it'll be fun making the Combine regret bringing this armor to earth, and not gaurding it better, and that's fun that I don't want to miss out on." He then smilied at his two companions.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2012, 6:41 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Geoff smiled and pushed the button to lower their boat, what had been some person's luxury speed boat, into the water. He had already filled it with fuel and packed extra fuel in the days and weeks prior. "Alright team, let's get a move on." As he was about to step on the boat, Geoff heard exactly what he didn't want to hear. "You, citizens! Stop where you are!" It was the depp, raspy, syntesized voice of one of the Combine Civil Protection units. Partly cyborg, they were formerly humans who had sold out to the Combine for preferential treatment, not that it did them any good since most of their humanity was stripped away during the cyborg process. "Uh-oh." was all Geoff said.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2012, 7:10 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Damion whispered to the two of them saying "We don't have time for this. Geoff get this boat in the water, and you, and Dax get going. I'll catch up, and be quick about it, we're abut to have some guests." As Damion was almost finished the Combine unit said "You, citizen! What are you talking about over there?"

Damion turned, and said "Oh, only this officer...HELM!" His helmet slip up and over as he dashed toward the gaurd. His HUD flashed a warning, showing a circle over a Combine armored vehicle a little ways off. Damion nodded at the sight of it, and slamed his fist into the gaurds face as he reached him. He had moved so fast that the gaurd had barely had time to raise his rifle.

When his fist conected with the gaurds hemet a loud crunch had sounded out as it caved in under his fist, killing the once apon a time human. At the same time he had snached a grenade off of the falling gaurd, and then he lobbed it at the armored transport. It landed in the opening on the roof, and you could hear the scream of the men in it before it blew up, silencing them for good. Damion laughed, and said "Bullseye." He then turned to catch up with the others.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2012, 7:53 am 
Istari
Istari

"What a pity" said Dax with false sadness. "He didn't leave anything for me. Well, I guess next time, boy" she added to her flamethrower and looked as Damion is joining them.

"You really has nice tactics, man." she said with a wide smile.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2012, 10:34 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"He sure does." Geoff added. "That's why he's here." He tossed his bag on the boat as he climbed aboard. He held his hand out to help Dax and her flamethrower on board. "We need to hurry. If they weren't on the look out before, they will be now. Let's just hope they'll keep it to Civil Protection and not bring the Overwatch into it." The Overwatch being the military of the Combine war machine, as opposed to Civil Protection being the beat cops.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2012, 10:55 am 
Istari
Istari

Dax jumped on boat with one fast move. She was aware that all of this and their mission in particular will bring them trouble but she greeted them with energy and joy.

One more thing to not think about the past.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2012, 12:55 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Damion smilled to Dax as he jumped in the boat, and said "Thanks for the compliment. He then looked at Geoff, and said "Come on then Geoff. Lets get this bucket moving, before we get a metting from some more opposition."

PostPosted: April 30th, 2012, 8:19 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Geoff started up the boat engine and they were on their way. After they lost sight of the shore, Geoff checked a compass he had on board to make sure they had to right heading. Nodding, he looked to his two companions. "Alright, now that we're well on our way, it's time to let you in fully on our destination. Have either of you heard of Aperture Science?"

PostPosted: May 1st, 2012, 3:27 am 
Istari
Istari

"Uhm hm. No, to be honest. I am a fighter not a scientist, even if I help them sometimes" Dax seemed interested. "But I am also verey curious, you know. Brainy talks always turn me on."

PostPosted: May 1st, 2012, 1:25 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Damion thought about Geoffs question for a second, not really listening to what Dax said, and then started to answer in a way that sounded like a pre thought out respons "Aperture Science, Inc. started out as Aperture Fixtures in 1947, a shower curtain manufacturing company. However, over the course of the next half a century it evolved into an experimental physics research institution, and the foremost rival of Black Mesa. It was started by Founder, and CEO, Cave Johnson, a brilliant man, although he was rather neurotic, and by the end of his life had tunred into a bit of a fruit cake.

"He ran it until the late 1980's, at which point he passed away, and his secretary Caroline became the new head of Aperture, per his whishes. They had been working on their own portal technology since they first started working in the field of science, and although they had some problems in the beginning, it is believed that they had finally got a decent prototype working right before the Combine showed up. They are also known for the Borealis, a research vessel that vanished with half of it's drydock, it's believe that the vessel contained a piece of new technology that Aperture had created.

"Cave Johnson was also known to have a team working on a way to transfer human consciousness into a computer, which he wanted done to himslef, although it is believed that he died before his team had finalized their work, and it is also said that he wanted the same thing done to Caroline." As he finished he turned to look at Dax and said "Hey wait a minute Dax, what did you just say?" When he looked at her, she was standing nex to Geoff, and they both had the same expression on their faces, a mixtuer of shock, and amusement. Damion stood staring at them for a second, and then asked "What?" in an exasperated tone.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2012, 6:42 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Geoff nodded slowly. "I'll forgo how you know all that for the time being. But it's true. Aperture was on the bleeding edge of artificial intelligence, nano-technology, and, first and foremost, teleportation and portal technology, which is why we can't ever let the Combine get access to it. It was completely different from what Black Mesa was working on, and by extension, what the Resistance is working on, but it would still be a disaster if the Combine got their hands on it."

"But that's not what we're going for. We're going for something much more experimental. There was talks that they were trying to combine their teleportation tech with some sort of temporal dispacement device." Geoff paused to let that sink in. "Yes, I do mean a time machine, for all intents and purposes. My sources say that one prototype was made, and kept at their Enrichment Center in Ohio. It would allow people to travel pack to any point in time, to any location, for 3 hours, 1 minute, and 4 seconds....yeah, that's Pi." He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small SD card. "On this card is a signal, that, when transmitted at high frequencies, will close the super portal that formed at Black Mesa that fateful day. I was the chief engineer there, so I can put us in the exact same room where the portal formed. He pop in, play this signal, and change history for the better." He let what he said sink in, and waited to hear what his companions had to say.