Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ..::~A Rider's Plea- A Dragon's Aid~::..
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2005, 10:35 am 

[font=Garamond]

Fight of Elrego- England territory1200

The man watched as the six-winged beast breathed in and then out again slowly. His gaze shifted to the large spear that had been thrusted into the dragon's underbelly; watching as the silvery-blue liquid spilled ever so slowly from the wound. Chains kept the large beast down. One could have easily told that it had tried many a time to escape for the scales upon his own self had been rubbed down. This was no mere dragon; it was the Lord of the Grundari Clan, a powerful dragon he was. As told before, he had of six wings; three on each side. His body was a black hue, though he had the ability to change of his color. Deep blue eyes were halfway shut from exhaustion. Sadness, despair..There was no sign of hope within his eyes nay more. Large silver claws had bloodstains upon them. Two long, slender curved horns were now chipped. On one horn, it had been broken in half, yet was still deadly to use in battle. Spikes ran from the bridge of his slender nose to the base of his neck before continuing at the top of his tail to the end. His large wings spread out; long enough to cover half of a village. There were a few rips and tears here and there. Upon the center of his forehead was an orb of many dark colors such as: dark gold, blood red, green, dark blue, black and violet. All mixed and swirling around every now and then.

The man watched his only true friend lay in silence. Yes, this man was the dragon's rider and mayhap will be the only rider. This man's name was Fredrick Tolk, a true warrior and ally to King Dion. His kindness and bravery got him far into life. His wife at home was barring his child that was to be born soon; he had to keep strength if he wished to return to them alive. Fredrick bowed his head sadly; strands of his dark chestnut hair fell over his eyes. He looked to the small rips in his breeches before he noticed that he hard a small wound at his side. His black tunic had blood splattered upon it from the battle he and Elrego came from. His sword and daggers were taken away from him when he and the massive dragon had been captured. His mind went to his wife. He smiled slightly at the thought, yet, frowned when he thought that this day he would leave her to bare the child alone. He sighed sadly; feeling the harsh sting of tears within his eyes. He held them back, not giving into the sorrow and despair. To him, he thought it was his fault for getting Elrego into this Hellhole. His gaze shifted back to the large dragon; there was pleadingness in his eyes. "Forgive me, Elrego..Forgive me for what has happened to-" He stopped speaking when the large beast interrupted him.

"Do not ask for forgiveness, Fredrick Tolk. From me, you will always get forgiveness. This, though, is none of your doing..'Tis only a mere wound that I can handle.." The large beast shifted his gaze to the left before trying, once again, to lift his head up, but failed. He set his large head upon the ground. "These chains are strong. There is, though, always a way out of this kind of mess." Elrego said in an encouraging voice. Elrego blew steam from his large nostrils as he looked around. His gaze shifted to where the chains were hooked into the ground. He looked carefully; one of the chains links were about to break loose if it had one last blow of a pull. Elrego gave a mere, toothy grin; his large ivory teeth bared as he did so. If he broke that main chain, the rest would break free as well. He growled lowly before taking in a massive breath and then letting out a huge roar as he pulled with all his strength. Before he knew it; he heard a loud snap with a clank. His gaze shifted over to the chain; seeing that it broke in half, he made haste and stood instantly. Lowering his head and clenching the end of the spear between his teeth, he pulled the blasted thing out with a large hiss. He looked over at Fredrick and hummed slightly. He had seen the sly smile upon Fredrick's face and he gave a dragonish chuckle. With a quick snip of his teeth, he broke the bonds upon Fredric.

"You're a grand dragon, Elrego. Aye, that you are!" Fredrick said as he stood. He looked over to his left; seeing his sword and leather belt of daggers near the wall, he went over and picked them up with haste. He kept his sword unsheathed and twirled it around a bit; glad to have it back in his hands once again. He went back over to Elrego, but his gaze shifted to the entrance of the so-called 'death cave'. He heard the distant shouts of the enemy. They must of heard..Nay, they heard Elrego's roar loud and clear. Fredrick looked over at Elrego. His gaze shifted from the large wound to Elrego's eyes. "You are in no condit-" Once again he was cut off.

"I am in grand condition to fly. Do you honestly think a mere spear wound will kill me? Think again!" He said, his large tail slamming against the ground with force. He lowered his head and glared at Fredrick. "Just get on before those blasted men get in here and capture us or worse, kill us." He gave a light hiss of slight anger. He watched as Fredrick made his way over to get on. He outstretched his large wings, though, not all the way for if he did that they would smack into the sides of the cave walls. Fredrick set himself into the leather saddle that was covered with deer hide to make it comfortable. Before he could say anything; Elrego was already making his way out of the cave with haste. With each movement of his steps there was a light shake upon the ground. He hissed lightly with each movement for his wound hurt, but he still stayed strong and picked up his speed. He outstretched his large wings; the air catching them and slowly he began to lift into the air. He glared off in the distance as he watched the enemy move close. They were too late; the dragon and rider were gone. Alas..It was their time to go home again.

10 years later-

Fredrick sat in silence in front of the hearth's warm heat. His fiery green eyes gaze to the flames, watching them dance about. It has been six years exact since he had seen Elrego. Aye, the ol' man missed the dragon dearly. His gaze shifted over to his left; resting upon a young girl with long locks of black hair that naturally curled at the bottom. He smiled lightly as he looked upon his daughter. "What is wrong, Jezebel?" He asked softly, watching as she slowly walked over to him. He gently picked her up and set her upon his lap. Jezebel rested her head against her father's shoulder. Fredrick lightly put an arm around her and held her close. He already knew what was wrong. Some times late at night, she would have trouble sleeping. She usually gets upon and just sits in near the hearth. He lightly placed a gentle kiss upon her forehead before looking into her green eyes. "You can't sleep can you?" He asked softly. He smiled as she watched her nod her head to his question. He had noticed through the years that Jezebel had grown awfully quiet. He also knew that she had grown strong; she had said herself she would do anything to keep him and Renée safe. Every now and then he would catch her practicing with a wooden sword, but he did nay mind of it; just as long as it wasn't a real sword.

Jezebel slowly shifted her gaze to the fire as she rested her head back upon Frederick’s shoulder. Fredrick gave a light smile. By her breathing, he could tell she had fallen asleep with ease. He sat there in silence before his gaze shifted upwards. He smiled as he looked at Renée standing in the firelight. Ah, she was still beautiful like the day he met her. He watched her as she slowly walked over and set herself within a chair across from him. Her gaze shifted from Jezebel to Fredrick. Jezebel looked exactly like Renée; save for that Jezebel had Frederick’s soft eyes. Fredrick looked at Renée and smiled before he softly spoke to her. " And what would be your reason for not going to bed?" He asked her softly.

Renée gave a soft chuckle. " My reason is because you are not beside me." She smiled before her gaze shifted to Jezebel. "Already I can tell she has your bravery. I just hope that the King will not ask her to fight like he asked you to do long ago.." There was worry within her light voice as she looked to Jezebel before he gaze shifted to Fredrick. " And if he does; I would rather take her place then let her go out there.."She watched as Frederick’s expression went from soft and gentle to stern and angered.

"Renée, you know as well as I that the King will ask her. Neither of us can stop his decision at all. I do nay want her to go out there alone, but I know that she wont. Elrego will be by her side." Fredrick looked at her, his voice was slightly stern yet calm and smooth as well. He looked at Renée before he stood slowly; carrying Jezebel to her room and gently resting her upon her bed. He covered her up with blankets before he walked back out and looked at Renée. He could see the frustration mixed within her expression and knew exactly what she was about to say next. He held up a hand to silence her, though and sighed. "Aye, I know you think that Elrego will not come and be by her side, but I promise you, he will. Once and if I get a hold of him, I assure you he will help her. There will be a few things to sort out, though. If she is to fight, she will have to become Elrego's new rider." With that sentence, both became silent. Renée gave a mere sigh as she bowed her head before standing and heading off back to bed without saying another word.

Fredrick stood there in silence before he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Ah he hated to get his dear wife angered. He never meant to, but he knew it was the truth of what he said. He knew that the king would ask of Jezebel’s assistance in a battle. He hated the thought greatly and wished that he had never fought for the King himself. To him, though, it was an honor to be asked by the King to fight. He sighed again. He would decide that in seven years he would try to contact Elrego; when Jezebel turns seventeen. For now, he just needed time to think and to rest.

7 years later - The conference with Elrego

Jezebel stood in silence as she watched her father ride off to go and speak with Elrego. She had grown so much over the years. Many men, when going into town, would stop and look upon her and some would say that she was quite beautiful and looked a lot like Renée. Her long black hair swayed this way and that; her green eyes watched as her father rode off into the distance and disappeared from her sight. At her side, she wielded a sword that her father gave to her. Jezebel turned slightly and walked over to the small stables that Fredric had built. She walked down to the last stall. A large, white Friesian mare snorted and lightly pawed the ground. " 'Ello there Harmony." She said softly, lightly stroking the mare's silk-like neck. The mare whickered softly and gently nudged Jezebel with ease. Harmony was a grand mare. She had been in two wars with Fredrick, and mayhap might be in a third one, but this time with Jezebel. The mare watched as Jezebel went over to the stable's back entrance. Jezebel watched as Renée was out in the garden picking vegetables. "Do you need help Mother?" She asked as she walked over.

Renée looked up at Jezebel and gave a weary smile. "Nay, I can handle it dear. Mayhap you can go and take Harmony out on a small ride. I think she's been cooped up in that stall for some time now and needs a time to run about and get exercise." Renée kept a smile upon her face. She watched as Jezebel gave a small nod as she turned and walked back into the stable. Renee’s smile faded slowly as she looked away. Time was close for the King to come and ask Jezebel to fight with him in times he needed help. The thought of her daughter laying upon the ground upon the battlefields or struggling for life haunted her thoughts each day. She pushed the thoughts aside and went back to doing work.

Fredrick rode hard and fast to get to Elrego's territory in time. After half a days ride; he halted his horse immediately; the black steed snorted and slightly reared. "Grundari Territory.." Fredrick muttered softly. Already he could see a few dragons in the distance, but where was the six-winged lord? He rode onward to see if he could find his ol' friend. He had watched as dragon's soared above him before taking off with great haste. Something made Frederick’s horse spook and rear with a shrill neigh. Fredrick, though, got the horse straightened out. "Ease yourself ol' boy, ease down." He spoke softly. Something caught Frederick’s attention to his right; thus, he looked over. He was face to face with Elrego. "You always have a tendency to scare the crap out of my horse, Elrego." He muttered softly.

Elrego gave a soft hum. "I'm glad to see you again Fredric Tolk. It's been too long my friend. Too long indeed." After both had talked to one another and Elrego led him to the large caverns; he asked a question that Fredric had the right answer for. "I assume you have come here to ask for aid of some sort, correct?" The large beast rested himself; breathing out fire onto a small pile of wood. He watched as the fires went up in blaze. His icy blue eyes shifted over to Fredrick as the man set himself near the dragon’s large claw; also near the fire. For a long while, Fredrick was silent; as if sorting out his words before speaking them. He sighed, bowing his head and looking away from the fire. He feared that if he asked Elrego to help Jezebel the beast would say 'no'. Though, there was no harm in asking and trying was there?

"Aye..It 'tis not of me that asks of your help, though. " Fredric slowly looked up into his friend's eyes. "My daughter, Jezebel, is the one that will be needing your help. King Dion will be asking her to fight when there is a battle or war that is going to take place. Already I know, though, that there will be at least a few battles requiring your aid. Will you help her in those times of need?" Fredrick looked forth to Elrego in silence. He had seen that his freind was now trying to figure out what he was going to say and how he was going to say it. He watched as the dragon looked away for a mere moment before looking back at him. His gaze locked with Elrego's. Elrego heaved out a rather large breath before lowered his massive head near the fire. There was old battle scars upon Elrego's face. Fredrick shifted his gaze to Elrego's horns; seeing the one horn that had been snapped in twine during a battle.

" You have given me a question that deserves some time of thinking, but I shall give it no time. Since it is your daughter we speak of, then I shall help her. Remember to tell her my basic rules, though." Elrego shifted his gaze to Fredricks. He always had certain rules to lay out for others to see and understand them. They were pretty basic, yet some had a hard time to follow them. Fredrick, though, did not have a hard time at all to do of such thing. Mayhap Jezebel wouldn't either. She was good at following rules at home. Elrego watched as Fredrick grinned brodly. He himself gave a mere grin. The large dragon outstretched his large wings for a moment before folding them once again. He looked to Fredrick as he watched the man stand with much joy in his eyes.

"Thank you Elrego! Thank you so much." Fredrick smiled greatly. He sighed in relief before looking over to his horse and then back to Elrego. "I must head home. I told my wife I would be back before sunrise. Thank you again. When the time comes, I will send out a messenger to you to come and help my daughter. Farewell my friend and rest easy tonight." Fredrick smiled before he bowed his head to his friend and turned going back over to his horse. That night he rode out of the Grundari Territory and headed back home.

2 years later- The calling of the King

She stood in deathly silence before the King. There were others around her; loads of them actually. All whom of which were called to aid the King in dire times of need. As she looked across the large group, she noticed she was the only woman there. Well, there was an advantage and a disadvantage to that one. The advantage was, was that she didn't have to share a tent out on a outskirts of the battlefields. The disadvantages was, was that since the rest were all men( Some who were not married), they may get the idea of doing something..'funny' to her. She only grinned at the thought. She was strong enough to take any man on. She snapped out of the 'daydreaming' and back into reality when the King spoke once more to the group. She listened closely to what he had to say to them all. After the long speech, all bowed and turned to leave. Jezebel was about to, but stopped immediately when the Kind called her forth to speak. She sighed and turned, looking upon the King before walking forth to him. "Yes, your Majesty?" She asked quietly, bowing her head slowly.

"Dear child of Fredrick Tolk, there is no need for you to bow to me. " The King gave a heartily chuckle. He sighed as he looked at Jezebel. "Before you are called to help in battles, you need to go through training, and lots of it. Now I know you may be good already, but there are men out on the practice fields that are better at this than myself. I need you to find one that will be willing to work with you and not worry because you are a woman. I know by heart that you are strong. Mayhap you are better than the men that are out there. Though, I still need for you to practice. Once you find one to help you, then report him to me and I will see if he is actually worthy enough to be your trainer. Whether he is young or old, I mind not of whom you choose. Remember to choose wisely and do not pick one just because of his good looks." The King chuckled softly. He watched as Jezebel only smiled at the joke; the laughter, though, was within her deep green eyes.

" Do nay worry about that M'lord. I do think any of the men here fit my description of a so-called 'lover'. Though I may be wrong." She smiled before getting back on track. "I will make sure I will find one suitable enough to be my trainer. Once I do, I will be sure to send him here to you." She gave another small bow of her head. "Good Day, your Majesty." She smiled and walked out of the Royal room slowly. 'This is just great. Who on earth would want to be my trainer?' She asked herself quietly. She ran a slender hand through her long black hair. The question stuck within her mind for a long time. Her father? Nay, that would mean she would have to go back home, though, knew well he was getting too old to fight like he used to. She walked in silence outside, watching as men set up their own tents and whatnot. She sighed as she looked at the practice field. See that in was unoccupied, she would just go ahead and start practicing alone for now. It was already getting close to nightfall. Would she find a trainer in time to help her along with her movements? She did know. What she did know was that she needed to gain more speed within her actions. Jezebel watched as a few men looked upon her before looking away and going back to their own business.

Once upon the practice field, Jezebel withdrew her twin swords. Both were made of fine steal. They were strong yet were lightweight. For a while she practiced. Her movements were swift, but she knew they were nay swift enough. If she were put out in a war; she wouldn't last for a minute. She became focused on her movements and how fast they were; picking out which steps needed more practicing with. A few men gathered near their tents to watch her. Some whispered whilst others stayed silent. There were a few who were surprised at how well she could handle and use a sword. They also noticed that she did need to practice on the speed of her movements. Of course, most of the men that thought that needed to practice more themselves as well. Those men sighed and left; a while after, the others followed in pursuit. Mayhap the only things left to watch were the horses that were tied to posts outside the tents. Harmony had been watching ever since Jezebel walked out to the fields. The white mare snorted before looking away. Would there be a trainer for Jezebel to guide her through movements so she could gain more speed? Most likely not, but then again, there was always a few that would like to do of such.[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2005, 11:43 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Wow.... *stares at the huge post* I would join, but do I need to read it ALL?...lol, j/k, I'll join, as long as I figure out what's going on...

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not die, but have everlasting Life. ~John 3:16~

~The Mercenary A-U Gentlewoman~

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2005, 11:55 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Okay, I read it... *prepares to join, if she may*

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not die, but have everlasting Life. ~John 3:16~

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2005, 12:03 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Here is my character, reject it if you like, lol:

Name: Rumour

Species: Shapeshifter and Dragon Rider

Description: Has dark auburn hair that falls to her waist, completely black reptilian eyes, and wears supple black riding leathers.

Dragon's Name: Sherahazad, or Shera

Description: Is a beautiful dark red, with amber eyes with black flecks in them.

Background: Was born who-knows-where and grew up in odd villages, always thought of as a demon creature, and there was always a rumour going around. When she found out it was her, she took 'Rumour' as her name, since she had no other. Her parents died or left her after she was born. Found Shera as an egg and they formed a bond. Has heard the king's call and comes to answer it. Is a little late. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2005, 4:00 pm 
Elf
Elf

I'll join......can i ask, could i play Jezebel if not just say and i'll create another character

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2005, 4:00 pm 
Elf
Elf

I'll join......can i ask, could i play Jezebel if not just say and i'll create another character

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2005, 7:01 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Rumour, on Shera, flies over the camp, kingdom, thingy, looking for a place to land. Shera banks to the left, wheeling down to land on an empty hilltop. Rumour leaps off, patting Shera on the flank as she does so. "I'll be right back, wait there... Somehow I don't think you'll fit in the reception room, or, for that matter, in any room in the castle, except maybe the Throne Room..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2005, 4:33 pm 
Elf
Elf

Acctually ignore that comment above here's my character:

Name: Anneliese Chimera
Appearance: Shoulder length slightly curly red/blonde hair, grey eyes, pale skin.
Race: Human
Personality: Very demanding during a battle, but quiet at any other time, takes her fighting seriously.
History: Mother died giving birth to her, father keft before she was born, grew up in an orphanage and was unlike any of the other children, and from the age of 5 started to play around with wooden swords.
At 15 she was heared about by the king and by the age of 16 she was being called by the king to fight for her.
Weapons:A sword that has a blade with a pattern made of squares and knots engraved on it, she calls it Dubravka.
Other Animals: A falcon she calls Thorwen and a black stallion she calls Eclipse.
Dragon: Feyth - Silvery Blue, with dark blue soft eyes.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 16th, 2005, 9:59 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(Hmmm... This is taking a VERY long time..... Has Constantine forgotten us?....lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 5:40 am 
Elf
Elf

i dunno, has he left AU????

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 12:04 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(I have NO idea.... I hope not..*sighs*)