Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Medieval Court
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 3:51 am 
Vala
Vala

Okay, out of sheer boredom, I'm starting a new thread. This is a Medieval roleplay in which we will play different roles that coincide to make one big adventure. Okay, as to technicalities, if you're unsure of a name or role, PM me and I'll make up a name and role for you based on what I know of your personality. There are generally three "ranks" that you can choose from: Nobility (royalty, courtly lords or ladies, etc.,) peasantry (common folk, farmers,) and foreigners. I'll deal with technicalities. OH! One more thing - this takes place in a made-up world, so you may make up regions if you're stuck, otherwise ask me and I'll give you regional information.

Anyway, so here's my attempt at a bio...lol

<u>Name</u>: Lady Cassandra of Grenwood Palace
<u>Age</u>: 16
<u>Appearance</u>: Medium skin, brown eyes, medium brown hair, average height and frame. Wears many browns, burgundies, crimsons, etc. with gold trim, or dark blues with silver trim, but only for formal occasions. If she had her way, she would dress as the commonfolk do - a simple beige dress with a brown bodice/apron over it.
<u>Family/Lineage/Heritage</u>: Daughter of Lord John, ruler of Grenwood. Her mother died when she was about eight, so she has a strong bond with her father. Adventurous, stubborn, independent, and headstrong, she strongly opposes her task to marry. Skilled at riding, archery, and swordplay. She had secretly admired the prince of another land, but must soon attend his betrothal ceremony.

NOTE: The RP will pick up at the betrothal ceremony of the prince.

Last edited by Aerwen Skywalker on December 19th, 2005, 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 4:56 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

hmh... this seems like fun and I have wanted to try a role that will be probably useful..

Name: Lord Darius
Appreance: Light brown and long hair, a goatee, few scars of his days of serving in the army, wears usually black clothing and his heavy fur cape with a golden medallion hanging around his neck. He also has his sword from the days of servce on his belt, but these days it serves as a ceremonial equipment or just a decoration, but he has use for his stick that helps him walking since his left foot limbs
Family/Lineage/Heritage: Orginally a son of one of the kingdom`s wealthiest merchants who had earned his nobility so did Darius in the military, Darius wasn`t truly fond of being a merchant all tough he did all right, but he decided to join the military to earn his own name instead of getting it from his father without a cost, but unfortunately after 14 years of service Darius had a severe wound in his left leg. He came known to many and he was offered a place in the court as the kings advisor since he had the traits of his father and actually proved to have many good suggestions. He has served the king loyaly for a year now and seems that there will be many years to come...

good enough?

Let him call me a tyrant so cruel
Let him curse my name, but remember the truth!

Last edited by Curunìr on December 17th, 2005, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 8:56 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Name:Princess Elizabeth the Just
Appearance:Black waist-length hair which is usually braided, ice-blue eyes that are chilling. Usually wears a blue dress, with a scabbard and sword at her waist, and wears a silver circlet.
History: Her brother is the prince, and she doesn't really approve of this betrothal, since it was rushed. She is trained to become a warrior, and since her additude is just, she is called that.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 12:54 pm 
Maia
Maia

I would like to join, if its no hassle...:
Name : Caterina (Cat) Elizabeth of Wessex
Father : Alexos of Wessex
Mother : Princess Erica of England (the kings sister)
Charakter : strongwilled, popular under the poor peple, helpfull, witty, arrogant
History : Born in England. Her father was a drunk baron, always causing trouble. He so wished for a son, that he taught his daughter to fight and think like a man. He was banished for this. Her mother was murdered by an unknown man.
______

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

Last edited by Rhavaniel Falathiel on December 17th, 2005, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 1:51 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

Name: Lord Menyar

Appearance: tall, handsome in cold and calculating way; long black hair swept back and bound; dark eyes; favorite dress is a long black cloak, an ash bow, and a greatsword

Family: Lord of one of the regions in the Dominion, an empire known for its military strength both on land and sea

History: He was born under the rule of his father, a tyrant who knew nothing of military matters and who cared only for his gold. Much to his rage his father sought to betroth him to another princess. Not having the least interest in marrying, he poisoned his father and took rulership of his father's lands. Over time his charm and cunning won him a position as one of the Emperor's top advisors. His influence over the Emperor has almost turned the Emperor into a puppet king. Little does the Emperor know that one day Menyar plans to usurp the throne of the Dominion.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Medieval Court
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 2:09 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

hey just to let you know that Aerwen Skywalker said this before:

Aerwen Skywalker wrote:
OH! One more thing - this takes place in a made-up world, so you may make up regions if you're stuck, otherwise ask me and I'll give you regional information.

Now I feel like an ass for throwing this at you Rhan and LDM, but I am not the one in charge... or have you talked about the region things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 2:17 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

ah... lol go ahead and tell me Aerwen if my character doesn't fit into the RPG

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 3:21 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ya...meh too...

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 5:01 pm 
Vala
Vala

It's okay, we can just say that they're made-up places....I like the idea of calling them "lands...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 5:03 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

so shall we begin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 5:04 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

*waits for Aerwen*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 5:23 pm 
Vala
Vala

[Sure. A few questions and comments, though:

>Curunír: Fine, but which king do you serve? Elizabeth and Philip's father?
>Lady Dark Moon: Emperor of another land, right? Somewhere overseas?
>Elenanna: You're fine...
>Rhavaniel: Looks fine, just maybe say that you're a couple of lands away from mine or something...

Otherwise, looks good, everyone!]

Cassandra looked around the room, bored out of her wits. She sighed and tuned out the king and his speech about Philip's betrothal to Eleanor. She looked around at the heralds holding trumpets with the royal coat of arms, the high vaults of the architecture, the tapestries and fine rugs... She must have seemed muted and ugly next to the fair Eleanor, whose long golden hair reached below her elbows and eyes sparkled the same blue as her dress - the color of the sky. Her skin was as fine as porcelain. Cassandra, however, wore her crimson velvet dress trimmed with gold embroidery and gold thread embroidery at her waist. Her soft brown hair was braided and her head adorned with a simple golden headpiece no thicker than her small finger (think Arwen's at the end of RotK, but gold and a different style.) Little did she know that her skin had a Spanish beauty with the colors and fabric, and that the crimson, that gold brought out the brown, auburn, and gold flecks in her eyes, and that her brown hair hung down her back in wonderful harmony with the warm colors. When she suddenly heard applause, she looked toward the thrones and applauded, too, for she saw Eleanor and Philip holding hands. Elizabeth, his sister and Princess of the land, looked at Cassandra, who merely shrugged.

Last edited by Aerwen Skywalker on December 17th, 2005, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 5:33 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

[yeah, somewhere far away lol]

Menyar focused his dispassionate gaze on the ceremony and resisted the overpowering urge to yawn away his boredom. So the handsome Prince Philip was marrying his beautiful Eleanor. Who cared? All he wanted to do was leave so he could return overseas to the Dominion. He'd been sent here as an ambassador, to represent his Emperor. Curse the Emperor who couldn't come here in person....

"I am sending you on an important mission." Menyar remembered his ruler's words with disgust. The Emperor had waved around a chicken leg and belched while he languidly gave his orders. Someday he'd pay....

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 5:38 pm 

May I join?

Name: Lady Aisling of Gavenshire
Family: Daughter of Duke Richard and Duchess Arianne of Gavenshire. Older brother named Timothy
Appearance: pale white, flawless skin, dark green eyes, long golden hair. Loves to wear blues and greens.
Personality: Cheerful, loves to laugh. Is ready to like anyone (especially if they make her laugh) is almost always smiling. Lights up a room. Loves all her family and friends dearly. Her flaws are that she tries so hard not to offend people that she often doesn't speak her mind and she can be somewhat of a procrastinator.
Brief History: Was raised as a lady in her father's duchy. Is now at the betrothal ceremony of her cousin the prince.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aisling applauded with the rest of the crowd. The long flowing sleeves of her pale green dress did get in the way of her clapping but she laughed to herself and ignored them. She was happy for her cousin and his bride to be. The only thing that tainted her happiness was her fear of never having the same happiness... she was nearing the age to marry but had yet to meet someone whom she could love. She pushed this thought to the back of her mind and clapped all the harder. Then made her way inside for the celebration feast.

Last edited by Guest on December 17th, 2005, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 5:39 pm 
Vala
Vala

Cassandra leaned toward her father and asked, "May we leave after this?"

He sighed, for he understood her situation, but had also wanted to stay for the festivities, as was expected.

"Please, father?" she asked.

He sighed once more. "Yes," he said, "We shall leave tonight, if you wish."

She nodded and turned back to the throne, where the royals were now inviting everyone to the Great Hall, where the feasting would commence.

[Yeah, Lithoniel. Looks good.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 5:42 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(Philips...)

Darius stood besides his king as always during the last year, he wasn`t really bothered about losing the ability to fight properly and serve his king in battle because he liked to speak to the king strictly himself than some lousy commander. Darius had his golden medallion as the mark of his nobility and honour in the court as the king advisor, he always had his left hand on his stick and his right on his sword like a bad habbit.

He looked at Phillip and all the people in the room, Phillip was going to become a great king one just like his father was and Darius couldn`t feel happier for serving a honourable cause even in peaceful ways as his was these days. The king stopped speaking for a while looking towards Darius who nodded him to continue, Darius again looked trough the room seeing what he expected. The nobles procceeded to the feast and Darius limbed himself there, many looked at him certain amount of respect and knew not to help him. Darius sat down besides the king in the hall around a huge table with many sorts of foods.

As everyone was gathered in the hall and sat down Darius got up, every eye pair turned to him. He coughed and began to speak.

"For myself I hope everything good to the happy couple and I hope we all enjoy ourselves on this happy day when we are able to leave all the worries of tomorrow away from our lives and be happy for these moments..."

Darius bowed slightly and sat down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next