Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 12:22 am 

Aisling smiled brightly at Cassandra on their ride home. She pulled her horse behind so that she came up beside Cassandra. "I hope thou art well."
Aisling said gently. She waited for a reply as they neared the gates of Gavenshire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 12:24 am 
Vala
Vala

Cassandra nodded, then looked at the gates of Gavenshire. Surprisingly, she hadn't been there since she was twelve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 1:06 am 

As soon as they entered the castle, Aisling skirted Cassandra away so that she could change and have some rest.
Meanwhile after putting away his hawking things Timothy was called into his father's study. His father sat in a great wooden chair behind a table, he motioned for Timothy to sit down then began "Timothy, who is that young lady?"
"Her name is Lady Cassandra of Grenwood. Sir."
"Mhhm, I remember Aisling mentioning her. Thee and thy sister met her at thy cousin's betrothal didst thou not?"
"Aye. Sir."
"And what, pray, wast thou doing with her hidden in the brush for a full ten minutes? Thy sister would scarce let me move that way more than five feet!"
"Sir, first I must repeat what Aisling may or may not have told thee. Soon after becoming aquainted with Lady Cassandra, I was... well.. infatuated with her, sir. Then she and her father departed from the King's castle and returned home. Shortly afterward upon recieving your summons we journeyed hither, but because of time we were obliged to stay at Grenwood Palace one night. During that night Lady Cassandra fled for, from what I have observed and what she has told me, to escape the confines of our society and an unagreeable marriage. Thus we found her fleeing. When I went to confront her she began to weep and revealed her purpose there. I did all in my power to comfort and soothe her, much as I do for Aisling. Then through pledging my honour to protect her I persuaded her to come with us. That is the whole of the story, and to Lady Cassandra I can attest to it's truth. Look at me Father and know I tell no falsehood."
Sitting in silence throughout Timothy's tale, Richard now gave him a searching stare. Satisfied with the look of truthfullnes in his son's face, for Timothy was known for being truthful, Richard said "Aye, thou tells no falsehood. That I can see. Forgive me, my son, for being so hard upon the just now."
"Of course Father. I understand why it was nesseccary." The two men smiled at each other and Richard added "She is a pretty lass!"
"Aye, Father." Timothy replied as his face reddened slightly. Soon he stood and left for his own chambers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 1:17 am 
Vala
Vala

Cassandra sat quietly in the guest quarters, twisting a strand of her hair on her finger and staring out the window into nothing. She had changed into a "proper" gown and a servant had plaited her hair. The windows were not windows, they were gaps in the bars of the cage she had re-entered for something she had dispised: love. She still despised it...she couldn't believe she had actually gotten emotional with Timothy that night. She rose up and began to walk to the stables - she would begin her journey home as soon as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 1:25 am 

Aisling was tending her horse in the stables. It had cut it's leg on the way home and she was wrapping it. Being in the stall with the horse she could not be seen by anyone coming in. She heard soft footsteps and the sound of a stall door being opened. She thought it might be Timothy or her Father so she eagerly came out of her horse's stall. She was shocked and hurt to see Cassandra readying her horse for a journey. "What is this!" exclaimed Aisling. When Cassandra whirled around startled, Aisling gave her a look of hurt and confusion that would pierce any heart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 1:28 am 
Vala
Vala

Cassandra looked at Aisling and sighed, shaking her head. "I must journey home," she said, "I have many consequences to face, and wish to do so as soon as possible." She looked at her. "I thank you for your hospitality. Relay my gratitudes to Timothy." She mounted her horse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 1:48 am 

"No you're not. I can see it on your face! You're going to run away again. Without even a word!" Aisling was beginning to grow angry at Cassandra, this was the third time! "I really don't know why I like you so Cassandra! You are an unfeeling, selfish girl who has no regard for the feelings of others! Don't you understand that I love you as a dear friend and would do anything for you! Also that Timothy would love you dearly if you gave him a chance! But if this is who you truly are Lady Cassandra, then go, and good riddance. I would not want such a monster for a sister-in-law!" Aisling was in tears by now and giving Cassandra one more hurt look she stalked out of the stables. But she didn't get far, the build up of physical and emotional strain left her weak and she collapsed just outside the stable.
There she lay, unconcious on the ground. And as if to match her sorrow it began to rain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 1:58 am 
Vala
Vala

[Uh...no she wasn't...]

Cassandra heard the shouting from behind her, for she was staring at the barn wall. She would have turned around and given her an oath of honor that she wouldn't run away again, but she stormed out. She sighed and began to take off, but heard her faint. She wanted to take off, but groaned to herself. She walked back and checked on Aisling. She seemed fine, just a fainting spell. She called over some servants to take her back. She mounted her horse again, and told a few more servants to - ugh - <i>tell</i> the household where she was going. She rode the short distance to her father's palace. She walked up to the door and sighed - she knocked. Her father answered. "Cassandra?!" he asked.

"Shh!" she said. "Let's go inside." They went inside, and Cassandra called over her most trusted servant. "Relay a message to Gavenshire - I have arrived home."

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 2:00 am 

(yeah I know, but Aisling was a bit fed up, if ya know what I mean. Well I'm gonna turn in for the night. Goodnight!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 3:29 pm 
Vala
Vala

A young man rode up to the gates of Gavenshire dressed in the garb of the Grenwood household. The gates opened, and he was allowed passage. He quickly dismounted and requested audience with the ruling family. It was then that he relayed Lady Cassandra's message - "I have arrived home."

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 3:55 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Elizabeth sighed softly when she found out that Cassandra was home. She rolled her eyes, and stood up to visit her brother.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 10:43 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

[hey. I'm back....]

The rain pattered on the roof of the carriage as it clattered down the cobbled road to the gates of Gavenshire. The horses stood snorting their discomfort in the rain as the carriage driver stepped down and was permitted to enter. The balding, middle-aged man stood dripping on the threshold of Gavenshire palace, blinking up at the impassive face of a guard.

"I... ah... have a missive for Lord Richard that Aisling, Timothy, and the lord's guest Cassandra are to report to court on the king's request."

The driver waited timidly for the guard's response.

"Cassandra is at Grenwood," the other said curtly. "But I shall inform Lady Aisling and Lord Timothy immediately."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2005, 7:08 pm 

Aisling had recovered nicely, although a little sad a the dissapearance of Cassandra and regretful of the things she had said for as they found Cassandra had really ment to go home. Timothy was now very confused. But he knew Cassandra must of had a good reason. Both Timothy and Aisling were releaved to know that Cassandra was home safely.
Sitting in the meeting hall having dinner they were interuppted by a servant who spoke first to their father and then Richard said "Timothy, Aisling, it seems thy Uncle the King requires thy presence at court, to settle some 'business'." Timothy nodded and Aisling's smile faded from her face as she remembered why they had to go.
"You will leave in the morning."
"Aye Father." they said in unison.
After dinner they retired to their rooms to prepare for the journey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2005, 4:42 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

[bump...]

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10