Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2006, 12:05 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Witch_King_of_Angmar wrote:
yes, but they have to be adjacent to you, ive g2g

me 2

Let him call me a tyrant so cruel
Let him curse my name, but remember the truth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2006, 9:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

back, ill let you take the first turn

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 8:41 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

eh so I am to create my own general and then decided where to attack?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2006, 12:24 am 
Maia
Maia

yes, as long as it is adjacent to pontus, you can also use a historical general

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2006, 4:35 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Name: Dareius (just put this here...)

(sincerely I am confused that should I put all those things such as appreance and so on... so I`ll add them later perhaps...)

----

The King of Pontus, Mithrades II had decided to expand his country towards europe and planned to attack Galatia, but first aimed towards Byzantion planning to capture the way to the black sea after, which the kingdom had been named. So he sent one of his best generals, Dareius to handle the situation as he himself gathered troops to invade Galatia and suppress the barbarians under ponti rule.

Dareius set out towards the west with a comfortable troop amount of 25 000 thousand, he had reliable 4 000 horse archers and skismishers along with him and 6000 light cavalry men with 3000 heavy cavalry assisting them to brake the enemies flanks. Finally he had 12 000 foot soldiers, 7000 armed with long spear and shields, 3000 swordmen and 2000 bowmen.

(all tough the game does not provide pontus with swordmen, if you think historically.. what the hell would and army be without swords as first melee weapons or even second?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2006, 6:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

Antiochus, the king of Seleucia, was looking for new lands to conquer, so he gathered up an army of about 160,000 , which had 100,000 infantry, 40,000 cavalry
15,000 skirmishers, and 100 elephants. he marched against the capital of Ptolemaic egypt after along sale across the sea and up teh nile

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2006, 10:44 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

As Dareius`s forces marched towards the city with the huge gap still between they and their goal, his scouts reported that ships were on their way to transport them over the gap as before they had been busy bringing mercenaries from Sarmatia to Pontus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2006, 7:32 pm 
Maia
Maia

Antiochus quickly surrounded the surprised city, readying siege weapons for his men. Antiouchus also sent his sone with 10,000 infantry to skirt the pontic army and see what they were doing

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2006, 11:10 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

As the pontic army boarded the ships Dareius`s scouts reported him that a selucian army was moving their way, with the fleet they would be unreachable for now and the king would defend any attacks from them in enough time for Dareius to return.

The fleet crossed the gap and landed, they were spotted as army marched to the farmlands near the city and the city seemed to be getting ready to defend themselves against a possible siege, but they didn`t seem to be ready to risk it out on the open

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2006, 11:02 pm 
Maia
Maia

At dawn, the huge army around Alexandria assaulted the beleaguered city, enveloping and attacking on all sides, the pitiful garrison was overwhelmed and the city taken, along witht the Ptolemaic monarch. Antiochus sent messengers to all neighboring kingdoms that seleukia had dominion over egypt

The Seleucid army next to the pontic one sent some light cavalry close to the lines to scout

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2006, 8:33 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Witch_King_of_Angmar wrote:
At dawn, the huge army around Alexandria assaulted the beleaguered city, enveloping and attacking on all sides, the pitiful garrison was overwhelmed and the city taken, along witht the Ptolemaic monarch. Antiochus sent messengers to all neighboring kingdoms that seleukia had dominion over egypt

The Seleucid army next to the pontic one sent some light cavalry close to the lines to scout

no offense, but no war, no empire and no country is defeated like that in a one siege without a campaign behind all of it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2006, 12:47 am 
Maia
Maia

OoC.i'm very sorry about the blunder, i was typing quickly, it goes more like this
The Pharoah's sun, Ptolemy II, was forced to leave his syrian campaign and wheeled his army about, leaving another force under a generals command to protect Judea. meanwhile in egypt, Antiochus encountered little resistance, as he had left most of the enemy forces tied up in Judea. He sent word to neighboring nations if they wanted a piece of Ptolemaic egypt in return for military help through Syria. Meanwhile he split of 20,000 men to march down the nile, securing the land but endangering himself in teh gamble

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2006, 3:18 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

The king on pontus saw this as a chance to establish his powers on the mediterrian and sent out 10 000 new men to support Dareius whom had layed siege on the city. Miscellaous arrow fodders here and there came out from both sides eventually hitting only shields, but as the kings orders came Dareius assembled his men and attacked the city with the comfortable group supperiority on his side.

Some men were lost in the arrow fire, but Dareius had sent the troops with the biggests shields forward first with the battering rams as he inspected the enemy movement within the city best as he could. Soon enough the gates were broken down and Dareius men quickly ran trough the breach to create a defensive wall on spears around the exit to allow more of their troops to enter safely.

As the enemy archers retreated their infantry charged forwards toward the pontus defense line as the cavalry of their had exited the city on the left gates and were attacking the skirmish troops of pontus soon enough, but the pontic light and heavy cavalry defeated them quickly as the enemy couldn`t have a chance against the heavy cavalry while the lighter cavalry gained on them to slaughter them. Meanwhile the infantry gained the upper hand with unfortunate losses, bu it was worth it as the enemy turned their tail and pontic soldiers rushed forwards only to be stopped by an arrow fodder. The soldiers kept running towards the city plaza as the others spreaded out to secure the sides of the city.

In a half and hour the battle was over and men celebrated their victory as they occupied the city, they based a new garrisons there made out of recruits from the city. They were mostly hellenics, but some persian blooded came along creating what he pontics actually were all tough the hellenics were the hardest to deal with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2006, 9:08 pm 
Maia
Maia

The King of Seleukia, marching across the sinai desert saw the enemy appearing closely
OoC.can you play the ptolemaic army?