Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: War of the Realms
PostPosted: June 13th, 2005, 2:55 pm 
Istari
Istari

I've been thinking for some time about doing an RP like this. Ok he's the gist of it if your interested:
there are 3 realms upon a large island (something like the size of austrailier.) called: Bracus, Maxen and Sorinor. Their is also a huge area of land in the north of this island called the waste lands, a barron desert filled with evil men. Bracus is the smallest but richest of the three and is located to the west. Maxen is the next biggest and is full of barbians in the east. Sorinor is the largest of the three and is stuck in the middle.
A war broke out in Sorinor because the king died with supposedly no heirs which created a power struggle for the thrown between the barbarians of Maxen and the men of Bracus.
Sorinor has now become a battle ground for the two opposing armies and the people are forced into slavery. Unless a true heir can be found then the war will continue on until one side gives in.

Ok so theres the background, you can be any character you want but no magic please. Basically the character's will be brought together for a certain reason of which i shall tell when the time comes. Just say if your intrested and give a profile here. usual stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2005, 4:32 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Name: Dovasary (Dove)
Race: Sorinor
Appearance/Attire: Image
Weapons: Hidden knives and daggers. She can use a bow and arrow, glaive, or sword, but as a slave, is forbidden to have one.
Talents/History: Had been trained as a fighter by her family since a very young age. Her father was killed (she doesn't know when or who he was). She has a beautiful voice and loves to sing, and sings to pass the time in the fields where she works as a slave. She has developed great strength from her workings as a slave.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2005, 5:06 pm 
Istari
Istari

Can I join?

Name: Ariana (Known as Ari by friends)
Appearance:She has long black hair and amber eyes. She is tall and slender.
Skills: She has the working skills of a slave and also a thief. She knows how to fight with her fists and with knives/daggers. She is also very good at archery but when she became a slave lost her bow.
Weapons: A kitchen knife she stole and a dagger she stashed away.
History: Barbarians slaughtered her family and took her as a slave. She's worked as a slave since she was 12. She resesnts the Maxen and the Bracus and has been thinking up a way to get free every since.

<center>Proud Member many Clubs (specially the Nazgul Club) Nazgul #3
Image</center>

Last edited by Tanthoronial on June 16th, 2005, 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2005, 5:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

Ok my guy is:

Name: Duke Plant
Apperance: Tall, long brown hair, short brown beard. Blue eyes. A small scar on his right cheek. Quite muscluar.
Personality: A straight forward thinker who only thinks of his loyalties. His passion for bringing back Sorinor's strength has obsessed him for years. He his very chivalric and will not allow hardships to go unoticed.
History: Plant was given the title of Duke because he was such an able leader. The capital of Sorinor's walls have been kept safe from outsiders like the barbarins who have tried many times to break into the great castle of Verbatim, but his leadership kept the enemy at bay and the walls still stand, just, the last refuge of the free people of Sorinor. Recently he was charged with a secret task and now goes from town on a special quest.
Weapons: He carries a long sword and wears little armour to blend in with people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2005, 6:15 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Name-Lady Elizazeth
Age-17
Gender-Female
Race-Sorinor
Appearance-Has black hair with silver streaks, ice blue eyes, 5'8''
Personality-kind, yet feirece sometimes
Bio-Grandchild of the retired general of Sorinor. She was raised as a warrior, and will do anything to protect her land
Weapons-long sword, bow and arrows, twin daggers.

Last edited by Elenanna Lothenedhel on June 14th, 2005, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 11:16 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Name: Ardia Alein

Race: She is believed to be Bracus by all others, but her true loyalty and her true race lies with Sorinor.

Appearance: She has shoulder-length dark brown hair, greenish-brownish eyes and tan skin. She wears a black cloak on her at all times, shrouding her face in darkness.

Personality: Not much is known about Ardia, her army listens to her, and doesn't ask questions. She's not the type to fool around with, and she's rather sarcastic.

History: She was born in Sorinor, but was orphaned. She doesn't know who her true parents are, only that they are Sorinor. She later went to Bracus, and became a warrior within their halls. However, the Bracus did not train her. Before she went to Bracus she had been training herself. She found that it was not by chance she had the skills of a warrior, she believes she inherited them from her parents. The Bracus later appointed Ardia leader of the largest group of their army, because her skills in war were much more advanced then any mere man. (And as far as the Bracus are concerned Ardia was born in Bracus, they know nothing of her true life.) Ardia never knew her actual last name, so she just gave herself the last name Alein, because none know that she's an orphan. Mostly everything that people know about Ardia's life is a lie, and none know her true history, many don't even know her name. Ones that do, however, have come to fear it. Ardia is now in Sorinor with her army, but the question is, what will she do if Bracus succeeds in taking over Sorinor for their own? Will she abandon her army, and let her true loyalties be seen while she tries to find the rightful heir? Only time will tell.

Weapons: Two long knives (They're about the size of a long sword, they just weigh less.), a bow (Arrows come with it of course.), and a dagger she keeps on her. She wears golden armour beneath her black cloak, but it is never seen because she always has her black cloak on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 12:16 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Name: Mirna
Appearance: She has short brown hair and dark brown eyes. She's not very tall but she is fairly strong for her age.
Skills: She was trained with a sword but can't use one now.
Weapons: A pocketknife she keeps hidden.
History: Her mother and father died long ago. She lived in Sorinor with her brother, but she was captured by the Bracus and is a slave for them. They killed her brother when he tried to resist.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 12:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

cool bios everyone, will start it soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 2:03 pm 
Istari
Istari

The duke, dressed in shabby clothes which was very inproper for a man of his stature, walked down a small road. He had sent a message to a former student of his, the lady Elizazeth, to meet up with him at a crossroads, at night. He came to the crossroads and looked around, his disguise had to keep him concelled from the barbarians who had taken controll of the area. He knew he could handle a few of them by himself but if he was found and caught then his mission would be a complete failure, after a years work. However he had found out some vital information and needed help to finish his mission that was at last coming to an end. A few drunken Maxen soldiers came down one road, the moon behind them illuminating their shapes. They held onto each other for support and were singing of their recent victory against the armies of Bracus. The Duke pulled his hood futher down to hide his face. The men went by without noticing him.
He cursed under his breath at the site of the enemy. He took another look around in the dark.
"Where is she?"
He whispered to himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 2:11 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Lady Elizazeth treaded silently on the road. Her peasant dress swayed slightly as she stopped, hearing footsteps. She continued when they went past her and pulled her cloak tighter around herself. Her blue eyes searched, and she smiled slightly when she saw her old teacher and friend.

She walked toward him and said, "Hello, sir."

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 2:15 pm 
Istari
Istari

He looked at the familiar face and smiled.
"My lady."
He said while nodding.
"Your probably wondering why i sent for you. We have a mission to complete and i need your help. the details i cannot reveal to you as of yet but i can tell you that if we succeed then we may end the war and we can restore Sorinor."
He smiled.
"I appologise i am getting ahead of myself, i did not even ask how your journey went. How are you faring?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 2:21 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

"I am fairing quite well, sir, though I am feeling slightly exhausted." She smiled before saying, "Though I do think that ending the war is more important than the welfare of an adolescent girl."

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 2:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

He nodded in agreement and looked around for any sign of danger.
"We have little time to act however we cannot do this by ourselves and i cannot take any troops for the capital, the walls are only just standing. I fear that soon the city will fall and it will be too late."
He took another quick look and could just see 2 more men, a patroll coming towards them.
"It seems we shall have to cut our meeting short. Elizazeth i need you to find skilled warriors, i shall be doing the same, I shall trust your judgement on this issue. Know this, you must act in secret. Meet me back here in five days. Then we must move quickly."
He smiled to her.
"I know you will not let me down. I must take my leave."
He quickly pulled his hood over his head and began walking down a road away from Elizazeth as the patroll came closer.

OOC: I'm gonna get the other ppl involved now, so if everyone else wants to make an intro post feel free to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 2:53 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

She walked back the way she had come, seeming to melt into the shadows with the help of her cloak and her dress.

Pulling her hood over her head, she saw her mare grazing in the feild, and smiled slightly before the horse spotted her. "Dreaming Shadow." she whispered. That name fitted the mare, for the mare had a brown/black coat, and the mare would seem to daydream at times.

She shook herself out ofher reviere and mounted the mare silently. She patted the mare's neck, before they trotted off the road into the forest.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 2:56 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Ardia was seated at the bar, when she noticed two drunken men starting to fight. They weren't part of her army, so she didn't feel the need to tell them to 'cool' off. So, she ignored them, until she started hearing more noises behind her. The entire bar went up in an uproar and a man grabbed Ardia by the shoulder. She wasn't in the mood. She grabbed the man's hand, and slid out of her chair, while throwing him to the ground. A couple of other drunken Bracus men noticed this, the man obviously was their friend, and they weren't happy. Ardia smirked from within the confines of her hood as she withdrew her long knives. The other men took out some of their long swords, and they charged at her. She ducked down and spun back upwards, quickly, stabbing two of them both in the back after they had run past her. She whirled around her knives, taunting them to come forward if they wanted to fight. A man from behind her suddenly began to bring his blade down to her, when she was turned. Ardia immediately brought her knife up and blocked him, their blades hit and she pushed him backwards. She slashed open his chest, and blood began to seep through his clothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 2:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

Plant watched this happen from a dark corner of the room. He was impressed by the female's skill, she would make a worthy ally. He couldn't be sure though, she looked like one of the enemy. He would wait for her to leave to make his move.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next