Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Do you think this is an good RP?
Yes 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
It's okay 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: The Dragon Riders
PostPosted: July 6th, 2006, 5:35 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Sorry the post is so long, please read it all!

Here, you will enter an world of adventure, excitment, danger, and wonder. But you will not be alone. First, you will enter the Hatching Grounds, where eggs are carefully watched and preserved. You will look around and have the right to touch if you feel connected to the egg. If that egg chooses you, you will be and always will be an Dragon Rider.

**Please, on your first post along with your bio, add which egg hatched for you and how it hatched for you. I don't want just "and the egg hatched for me". Please make it worth while to read.**

Eggs
Dark Red
Orange
Midnight Blue
Sea Blue

The Dragon Riders: (Leader and 2nd in command is in Dark Red.)
Turwaithiel Firesword and Hartanna Nightshade
Cole and Stella
Rhavaniel Falathiel and Monsoon
Caunion Helegmegil and Istilania
Annalett and Faunnen
Princess Vinča and Sowulo

The Levels
As an Dragon Rider, you go through five different groups, starting as:
1. Youngling
2.Apperntice
3.Rider
4.Elder
5.Teacher
The better you do, the more levels you will increase.

Your Bio:
Your Name:
Your Dragon's Name:
Race:

My Example:
Your Name: Turwaithiel Firesword(you will get special names liek firesword and nightshade after you've proven yourself.
Your Dragon's Name: Hartanna
Dragon's Gender: Female
Race: Elf
How your dragon hatched for you: I picked up an Midnight Blue egg two years ago out of the river. Suddenly, my hand and arm flet an imtense pain, yet for some reason I didn't let go. Then, the egg, (which I thought was an stone at the time), cracked. A small dragonet(an baby dragon), poped out. She was an Midnight blackish and her scales shided like pearls. I smiled and named her Hartanna. As I set her on the table with the broken egg, i noticed an blue makring on my palm. It shows you are connected to your dragon. Every Dragon Rider gets it. (that's the pain you feel when the dragon hatches.)

Last edited by Turwaithiel Rochben on July 25th, 2006, 8:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2006, 6:39 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I will definitely join! Okey Dokey now!

Name: Cole
Dragon's Name: Stella
Race: Hobbit
Age: 30 (young for hobbits, still not of age..but u all already knew that I'm sure)
How my dragon hatched for me: I was working in the stables when I found a large sea blue egg. I thought it might belong to one of the stable owner's animals. I tried to pick it up to move it and it burned my hand. I dropped on my toe and it started to . I got nervous because I thought that I'd harmed the baby inside, but sure enough a baby dragon poked its head out. Now that is a queer happening in the Shire, so I hid it away in the forest nearby. She became my new best friend and I named her Stella after a while.

Sam (and I love this btw. Eragon rox)

<a href="http://www.dance-to-this-beat.net"> Dance to this Beat</a>
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2006, 7:32 am 
Maia
Maia

Name : Rhavaniel Falathiel
Hair: midnight black
Eyes: emerald, speckeled with deep gold (most prominent thing about her)

Lineage:
Mother: Melda the Fair
Father: (blood) Lodaelin , (adopted) Andor the Bold, the Chief Advisor of King Thranduril

Siblings:Twin brother Sadron the White (albino)

Married: [old trick here^^] A certain royal child of Mirkwood... (tip... beginns with L ends in S .. )

Children: none^^!!

Weapons : A beautiful black bow with an intercate silver pattern of vines on it. The arrows are long and have black swann feathers. The quiver is also black with the silver silver outlines of
a dragon on.
Two twin knives, silver.

Pic: http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/7034/cat6dn.jpg

History: The aranged marriage of her mother Melda, to the Ambasodor Andor (lit. Steaward), let to her own disgrace. She started an affair with a mysterious person (neither elf nor man, but a creature of blood) named Lodaelin, with whom she had two twins name Rhavaniel and Sadron.
Her father, driven mad with anger attacked Lodaelin, who, after a threat killed his wife.
The two children got the blame for their mother death, and were abused by their father. Sadron ran away into the wild, ashamed by his liniage, whereas his sister stayed for love and pity for her father. For a time the abuse grew worse, but with her marriage, and her newly appointed job as Head Archer and Marchwarden she manages to elude him.

!!If this is not in Middle-Earth, forget the place names^^!!

Name : Monsoon
Eggcolour: Midnight Blue
Colour : Silver grey
Eye colour: Amber
History of the egg: Her twin found it first, and thinking it a beautifull stone, he set it on a stand, and presented it to their father. All the while her sister was away training though, on her return, she spotted it on the mantlepiece. Over the years she kept glancing at it, untill finally she plucked up the corage to touch it. It started to crack, and the elf watched with intressed as the dragon emerged. The flash of energy that went through her, startled, but did not frighten her off. Gingerly she took the dragon and hid him away.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2006, 11:20 am 

Cool. Two people. Okay, you guys can somehow hear that there is an HQ/ training in Alegieaisha, and make for there. That is where I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2006, 2:14 pm 
Maia
Maia

['kay]
The elf perked her ears and quickly slid the little creature under her bed, attaining several long scratches and a bite on her wrist and hand.
The servant slid open the door, and glanced about, trying to locate the elf-warrior.
"Mylady?"
There was a bang, a squeak and a quiete curse. The missing elf slid through the door and smiled worridly at him, holding her hands behind her back.
He looked her up and down, and raised an eyebrow "Dinner is waiting for you miss. For the last half-hour actually. Your father is keen for you to meet-"
But she disappeared again. Behind the curtains leading to her sleeping area, she scooped up the little creature, and slid it into a pouch at her side. Grabbing a pair of worn leather gloves-partly to hide the glowing mark, and partly to hide the blood, she shoved past him, and sprinted to the dining hall.
~
Later
~
Alegaesia. Right, that was where she was off to- she'd rather run off for a few months than face her fathers brutal treatment again.
She saddled her horse, and spurred him out into the darkness. His hooves thudded quietly into the leaf laden ground, she crouched low ove his back, hands twining in the black mane that flew in the air, mingling with her own.
As a shadow they passes throuhgh the borders of the realm, and rode into the rising sun. After many hours there was a strangled sound from the pouch. Immideatly Rhavaniel instructed the horse to calm with her mind, and opend the satchel, grinning fondly at the little mass of silvery scales.
~
1 and a half months on
~
"Rise little one."
"Just a few more seconds..."
The silver dragon gently nipped her hand , and the elf yelled startled painfully into the waking world. She beheld her scaly friend for a moment.
"We are nearly there. " he quoted, showing his teeth in what could be considered as a grin.
"Go and rot Monsoon."
"Then how will you get there?"
"If you had'nt eaten the horse..."
"If you had thought to brin meat with from the last village-"
"I give up..."
"As you should little one, as you should."

The two gazed fondly at each other for a while, untill the elf gingerly got up from the floor, and adjusted the straps she had fashion out of her armour on her legs. She climbed gracefully onto the misty back, and felt a wash of joy as the dragon lifted himself and her into the air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2006, 2:35 pm 

Turwaithiel heard an awakening sweet song in her head. She sat up tiredly.
"What d oyou want, Hartanna?"
It is early in the morning, Turwaithiel. You need pracitce. Turwaithiel stood out of her bed to see an tall, long dark black dragon looking through her window.
"No more than you do! Hartanna snorted, blowing hot air at Turwaithiel as she put on her boots.
"Fine, fine!" Turwaithiel climbed through her window and apon Hartanna's back.
To the flying course? Hartanna asked.
"To the flying course." Turwaithiel replied as the soared through the air happily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2006, 2:49 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

"are we almost there yet?"
"I'm not sure...I've never been to Alagaesia before."
"You've never been ANYWHERE before"
"Well, then I have an excuse to not know where I'm going!"
Stella smiled. "I think we're here..."
Cole looked up and in the distance could see the shape of a large creature soaring through the air. "Another dragon?"
Stella didn't reply, but instead swooped down the toward the ground and headed towards the flying shape.

(Sam)

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2006, 2:57 pm 

Turwaithiel felt Hartanna tense up.
"What is it?"
I feel another dragon nearby. Turwaithiel looked over behind her shoulder and saw an boy...no, an hobbit riding an almost full-grown dragon.
"You'll never believe this..."
Try me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2006, 3:03 pm 
Maia
Maia

Monsoon, angled his head, and spiraled up and away from the other dragon. He and his rider, already quite spectacular flyers, and then twisted suddenly in midair, on the same height.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2006, 3:10 pm 

Turwaithiel smiled.
Two dragons, Hartanna! One rider is an hobbit, the other an Elf! Amazing!
Hartanna did an twist to avoid the trees and landed on the ground in front of the advanced flyers course. Farther off was an not-so advance course and an begginers course. Every course had an series of loops, twirls, turns, dodges, and mulipal tricks the dragons had to perform with there riders. While the riders sat atop the dragon, they also had an job; the course' all each had different dummies and attacks that the rider had to dodge, hit, or defend. Each was unique in it's own way and there where only some of the different training courses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2006, 3:32 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(can the same color be used twice? because I would like sea blue but Merry & Sam already took it...)
bio:
http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/vie ... 951#469951

~~~~~~~~

"Race you to the lake," came the voice of Annalett, a red-head tom-boy who was riding her father's bay gelding.
"your on," came the answer from Annalett's older brother, William, who rode his own gray stallion.

Without another word, both riders were going down the trail at a gallop. Annalett was in the lead, and going even farther ahead yet. Suddenly the trees around them stopped, and a great lake was coming into the young girl's view. She pulled in the horse and swiftly dismounted, and ran on a small dock and cannon balled into the water.

"I win," she yelled to her brother when she surfaced. Her brother dismounted when he stopped his horse and jumped in as Annalett had done.

Annalett swam to shore, her dirty dress stuck to her from the water.
"I'm going to go explore those caves over there." she called to her brother, who nodded.
Annalett went in the first cave, were all there was was dirt and driftwood. The next cave went deeper. At the back there was a Sea Blue oval rock. Annalett went over to it, and felt it wasn't a rock at all, but an egg. She picked it up, and in her hands the egg cracked, and within seconds were an egg used to be, was a dragon...

Last edited by Eruraina on July 9th, 2006, 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2006, 3:49 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

May I join?

Name: Caunion Helegmegil
Race: Elf
Hair: Jet black
Eyes: A cold blue, much like ice
Weapons: A backsword with a curved blade. The blade has several Elven runes sketched on it. The pommel is shaped like a snake's head open. His sword is also used to direct magic.

Dragon Name: Istilania
Egg Color: Welsh Light Blue
Color: Icy Blue
Unique features: Head, neck, and tail are more snake-like than lizard-like. Also her fire breath is a blue fire.
History of the egg: Caunion was finishing a job when he found the egg in his target's house. He went over to touch it when it burned its hand. Then the egg hatched, revealing a baby dragon. He watched his hand as it developed a mark on the palm. He smiled in joy and took the baby dragon with him away.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2006, 6:33 pm 

(you both may join and eruraina you may also have the one sam took, that's no prob.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2006, 11:37 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Annalett hid the small blue dragon in her pouch that was always on her waste. She ran back out to the horses.
"hey, Will, I'm ready to go home." Annalett called out.
"already?"
"yeah..."
"alright."
Annalett mounted her horse, while her brother got out of the water, and mounted his...
~~~~~~
later:

Annalett was in her room. Watching the dragon as it sat on her pillow. She had a book in her lap about dragon and dragon riders of old.
"dragons hatch for their riders only, or if it is a good time to hatch... well theres not much game down by the lake so I must be a chosen rider!" Annalett gasped. She read some more and noticed that lost of riders trained at Alegieaisha.
"Maybe we should go there. It's only about a weaks ride away..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2006, 1:20 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

"You're tense..what is it?" Cole wondered.
"I sense another..."
"What's that up ahead?"
"looks like some sort of course or something..."
"Whaddya think it's for?"
"Hush little one...we don't know if they are friend or foe yet..."

(Welcome eurania and Caunion!!!)

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2006, 4:47 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Days later Annalett was riding a chestnut mare to Alegieasia, the blue dragon in her saddle bag. The dragon was now too big for her small pouch.
The red-head girl wore her hair in a single braid, her dress looked like Eowyn's shield maiden dress. On her hands were blak riding cloves, and on her feet were black riding boots.
"we're almost there, Faunnen..."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next