Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 14th, 2024, 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RP based on the Black Magician trilogy...?
PostPosted: June 4th, 2008, 7:00 am 
Elf
Elf

Hey, all. :p
Sorry if I'm slow this morning, its kinda early here and my brain isn't working properly yet. ;]

I've been thinking of an RP based on the Black Magician trilogy book, as I'm re-reading them and haven't seen any other RPs with anything thats quite the same, as of yet.
I was thinking of setting it before the books, maybe a few hundred years before. Possibly this could be the start/end of the time they used black magic, or nothing to do with that. We could have either the Ichani or a rogue magician(s), or even both.

For those that don't know, below I've posted a few bits and pieces if you're intrested but haven't read the books, or have read them and forgotten. :)

I have no firm plot for this as of yet, I was thinking of building it up if I get any intrest :P

The Magicians' Guild: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magicians_Guild
The Novice: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Novice
The High Lord: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_High_Lord
The Black Magician trilogy - Trudi Canavan.

There are a fair few characters, so slot might be open for more then one charater per person, if thats easier :)

Charcter slots that'll need filling, if we were based in the Magicians' Guild itself:-

-The High Lord.
-The Administrator.
-Heads of Disipines/Higher magicians.
-University Director.
-Rogue Magician(s)/Ichani.
-Teachers.
-King?
-King's advisors.
-Novices.
-Thieves.
-Dwells?
-Rogue magician's/Inchani's servants/apprentices.
-Ambassadors for other countries?
-Other magicians.
-People from the houses.

Any other suggestions are welcomne, if I've missed something out.

The Guild's grounds;

Imardin;

Kyralia;

And the countries around Kyralia;

Alrigh, breif explaination of what the posts are and what they do, again for those who've forgotten/ not read the books. :)

The High Lord: Basicly the head of the Guild, at the time of the books the High Lord was Akkarin.
Administrator: deals with the day-to-day problems of the Guild and the Magicians.
Higher Magician's/Heads of Disiplines: Heads of the three subjects; Healing, Alchemy and Warrior skills.
Univercity Director: takes care of all attendence records, classes, etc in the Univecity building.
Teachers: Magicians that teach the Novices their lessons, this is fairly self-explainitory.
King: Ruler of Kyralia.
King's Advisors: If there is an important issue to discuss in the guild, the King's advisors are there to report back at meetings not important enough for the king to attend himself.
Novices: Students, basicly, training to become magicians.
Thieves: This is aslo mostly self-explainitory. The thieves are a group of smugglers who banded tgether at the time of the Purge when it started, who use the Thieves Road. The Road is a network of tunnels that go both under the slums/Outer Circle and the Inner Circle.
Dwells: Slum dwellers.
Rogue magician: Magician who doesn't work under the rule of the Guild; someone working alone to some purpose of their own. Rogue magicians are against the law, and can be punishable by death.
Ichani: These are magicians from Sachaka(see counries map) who use the forbidden black magic, which is taking magic from those who have the magic potential. Taking the magic adds to their own, making them stronger, and formidable enemies.
Servants of the Ichani: The ones who've had their magic taken from them. They often can't use it - if they could, there'd be less power to take.
Ambassadors: Magicians from the Guild in the other countries, watching over the courts etc, reporting back to the Guild. There is usually two or three from the Guld in of the Allied lands, which is all the countries on the map excluding Sachaka.
General Magicians: These are sometimes teachers, or pursue their own practises. Warriors are symboled with red robes; Alchemists with purple, and healers with green. The head of the disiplines wear their coloured robes too, with a black sash at their waist indicating that they are the head of that particular dicipline. All magicians are addressed as "lord" or "lady", or if they have a higher station they are given that name, eg, Administator [insert name].
people from the Houses: The Houses are the richer population; the children of the Houses are tested for magic and if they have the potential they are taken into the Guild. People in the lower classes aren't tested, unless their powers loose of their own accord; in which case they urgently need to be taught Control(Their magic is dangerous, outherwise.)

Not sure if theres anything else anyone needs, if theres other stuff you want private message me or just post on here. :)

Phew, I'm only slightly exhausted now... ;]

Profile       WWW     YIM