Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1571 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Keep a Weather Eye on the Horizon -Ideas & Suggestions-
PostPosted: October 17th, 2007, 8:17 am 

So everyone, feel free to talk about ideas for the RP here instead of in the RP-thread ;)

PD, that's a good idea ;) I like it.. as for stabbing the heart. I assume that you're talking about the 3rd movie then? I haven't seen it yet. Though enough spoilers have reached me (I know that Norrie dies :sob: ) but anyway. Perhaps you should explain that part to me when it's time ;)

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2007, 3:41 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Will wrote:
((Hmm well I don't know... because it will be a bit boring I guess. There will be a little interaction between the characters like Vari, Will and Eliza on one side and Norrie on the other.. So why not change the story a little?
Lets say that Beckett is soon in Port Royal arrests Will and Elizabeth. At the same time Norrington will loose his rank (I guess also his house and stuff) and then Beckett tries to make a deal with him. The same one he does with Will. So then all 3 characters will at the same point start to look for Jack. Say aye? Or am I just blabbering right now?))

I like this idea and maybe I could add Vari in with the search - so we're basically kind of skipping from Port Royal to Tortuga then, right? I mean, unless we're going to drag Norrington along with Will...

Gah, so confused! :huh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2007, 9:17 pm 
Istari
Istari

(This is for Anie Surion because the compy wouldn't PM it to her... I'm gonna tell you my idea because you are playing Pintel. So after they are captured by Norrington and his men, Pintel and Regatti are put in the port royal jail. They should have a couple of adventures there. Right before the day on which they are to be hung, Anamaria shows up with the key-dog, frees them, and takes them to Tortuga. So this is where things get complicated. Ragetti and Anamaria have been married for 15 years, she is Jack's niece and only he knows they are married. Ragetti and Anamaria have one daughter, who is living in Tortuga with a friend of her mother's. The only reason Anamaria went to sea with Jack and Will was to check on her husband, who had to stay behind with Barbarossa becasue of his eyeball. Anamaria left the ship when the mutiny occurred 3 years into Jack's ownership of the pearl. Does that make sence and would you like to do it with me, as part of the RP?)

This was my idea, is it still feasible?

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2007, 11:23 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Will wrote:
So everyone, feel free to talk about ideas for the RP here instead of in the RP-thread ;)

PD, that's a good idea ;) I like it.. as for stabbing the heart. I assume that you're talking about the 3rd movie then? I haven't seen it yet. Though enough spoilers have reached me (I know that Norrie dies :sob: ) but anyway. Perhaps you should explain that part to me when it's time ;)

thanks for creating this! :)

oops, sorry, I forgot you haven't seen it! :blush: yeah, I will explain it to you if we reach that point before the dvd comes out. :yes:

ok, so I think I've got a rough idea of what we're planning on doing... are we gonna have Beckett somehow break and form a partnership with Keyara, Aramel? gee, I wish you luck with that... Beckett's a hard one to convince. ;)

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2007, 10:30 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Calloniel (PD) wrote:
ok, so I think I've got a rough idea of what we're planning on doing... are we gonna have Beckett somehow break and form a partnership with Keyara, Aramel? gee, I wish you luck with that... Beckett's a hard one to convince. ;)

That's the plan... don't worry about it - they're both cunning characters, so I'll find some way to make it work. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2007, 4:26 pm 
A-U's Official Tolkien Scholar

Hmm...I really don't see Beckett "breaking," to be honest. I can see him gradually coming to the realization that Keyara could be useful as means to an end. But, as PD said, he's a hard one to convince. Keyara better have something unqiue and very useful to offer, and even then I don't think he'd see it as an equal partnership. More of a "stand here until I'm done using you" sort of thing.

That's my perception of Beckett, at least. He's not exactly the sort to randomly go "Oh, okay, we can share."

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2007, 5:57 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

^Right, and I can sort of see what you mean, Potr, in the end I don't see the partnership working out - Beckett will try and get what he needs by using her. She could think its equal when in reality it isn't. :no:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2007, 10:24 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

aye, you have Beckett pegged exactly how I do, PotR! He isn't gonna be one to "break" easily or to really go into the partnership willing to actually give Keyara something in return... it'll be interesting to see how you have Keyara convince him, Aramel... :) Beckett is very tricky (that's what's so fun about playing him... he's such a selfish, cunning guy who can make you feel safe when really behind your back he's plotting to kill you. :P)

here's what it comes down to. Beckett is out for Beckett. that's all. ;) so Keyara is gonna have to offer him something he can't resist... and she's gonna have to use all her cunning ways to out-do Beckett in his own game (or at least to get him to let her think she's won the game for a time;))..... this is gonna be such fun! *rubs hands together evilly*

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2007, 10:30 pm 

Oh yes, Beckett is very, very fun. I think he ranks near the top of my list of favorite characters to play (Barbossa being the first). There's just so much fun to be had with the cunning and the snark and the just plain evilness. I get chills just thinking about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2007, 11:42 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

lol same here, PotR! :P really? you've played Beckett? wow, now that adds pressure to me to keep him as in character and good as I'm sure you did/do! aye, there's a lot of fun to be had playing him. :teehee: (although I can't judge if he's my favorite to play yet because I've only played Will and Beckett here :teehee: and both are fun (although that might just come from both of them being up on my fave character list with Barbossa and Norrie :P)

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2007, 12:21 am 

Aye, I played him in "Pirates!" and I'm playing him now in its sequel, "Calypso's Fury." I've also written him occasionally in fanfiction. But really, no worries. You're doing an amazing job, as far as I can tell. :yes:

(You know, come to think of it, I don't think there's a canon character who I haven't written for at some time or another, between my RPGs and my fanfics. Yeesh, I need to get out more.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2007, 12:28 pm 

You're doing fine PD :) Well Norrie was for me a challenge. Since I haven't seen the third I hope I understand his character well enough :P

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2007, 5:52 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

^Thank you, Will! :hug: well, I think you're doing a pretty good job with Norrie. :yes: he seems in-character to me. :)

pirateoftherings wrote:
Aye, I played him in "Pirates!" and I'm playing him now in its sequel, "Calypso's Fury." I've also written him occasionally in fanfiction. But really, no worries. You're doing an amazing job, as far as I can tell. :yes:

(You know, come to think of it, I don't think there's a canon character who I haven't written for at some time or another, between my RPGs and my fanfics. Yeesh, I need to get out more.)

ooo, ok, see you have lots of practise. :) thanks, hopefully I can keep it that way... :blush: I like to think I know most of the PotC characters at least well enough to be able to write about them and think like they do (Davy Jones is probably the main character I know the least). :)

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 1:41 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I think it's going great now that we have so many plotlines starting to merge! :) Everyone is doing really well playing their characters. :yes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 11:55 pm 

Aye. Now let's get them all heading Jack's way, savvy? :pirate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 10:33 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

glad ya'll think so. :-D I have to agree as well.... and don't worry, PotR, we'll be getting to Jack fairly soon..... actually... hmmmm *wanders over to the KAWEOTH RP*

-sig by Loafers-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1571 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 99  Next