Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 17th, 2024, 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: PotC :: Spyrates - Ideas and Suggestions
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 2:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

Just as it says on the tin...

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 3:29 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Aye, so this is the thread to discuss the Spies/Pirates roleplay that Pandora and I came up with. [Btw, thanks for starting this Lothy ;-)]

Now, to all of ye that want to be joinin', an explaination may be needed. What we're doing with this one is simple. We are taking our PotC OC's and transferring them into the modern world as modern characters HOWEVER we will be keeping their names and appearances.

Our OC's are spies in this modern time, all employed by a group called Organization KAWEOTH, lead by Agent Sparrow. Agent Sparrow assigns missions, etc. and will be considered the group's "Commander".

Now, the focus of this roleplay is for our OC's to stop Agent Beckett from achieving World Domination through a top secret project he's been working on. (Beckett is the leader of Organization EITC, short for East India Trading Co.) ;-)

TO JOIN, YOU WILL NEED TO FIND A PICTURE OF YOUR OC DRESSED IN EITHER LEATHER OR BLACK (SOMETHING SPY-ESQUE) AND A CODE NAME FOR YOUR CHARACTER. IF NO CODE NAME IS PROVIDED IN BIO I WILL ASK YOU FOR ONE. [Lothy's code name for Andrea is Daedalus and my code name for Vari is Degaldo.]

If you're still a bit confused, take a look at Lothy's fixed up bio for Andrea, or my bio for Vari:

Lothy wrote:
<center> Andrea Costello
(Daedalus)</center>

Appearance:
Andrea 1
Andrea 2
Andrea 3

Agency: Double Agent

Date of Birth: November 17th

Personality: Andrea is very hard-headed and argumentative. She will go to any lengths to accomplish her own ends. Things will go her way, or else. She dislikes any person of authority and isn’t afraid to show it. She has no loyalties and likes to enjoy life.

Weapons: Although her mind and mouth are her best weapons, she carries two long blades strapped to her back and on a belt strapped to her hips she has: a couple of granades, tear gas, a couple of flash bombs, a few sonic devices, two guns and magazine clips.

Background/History: Unknown

Other Notes: She has heightened senses and reflexes. She is also extremely flexible.

Aramel Elyanwe wrote:
<center> Varianna Pierce
(Code Name: Degaldo)</center>

Appearance:
Photo #1

Agency: KAWEOTH

Date of Birth: April 27th

Personality: Vari is extremely temperamental and trigger-happy. She will not hesitate to kill members of Organization EITC when given the chance. However, she can be the life of the party, drinking and partying in night clubs. She also enjoys gambling and has a special pair of loaded dice on her person at all times. Vari doesn’t like talking about her past, especially about her fiancé, Richard Chandler, who was killed by Beckett’s men. She’s more of an “act-now-think-later” person.

Weapons: A sniper rifle with .50 cal ammunition is her main weapon. Also on her person are hidden cameras, audio recorders and bug/listening device detectors.

Background/History: It is unknown exactly where Varianna was born, but her parents were essentially dirt poor. Her father died of alcohol poisoning and her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and died from it when Vari was 13 years old. Her younger sister, Keyara, ran away from home and Varianna was sent to a foster home. Years later she was recruited by Agent Sparrow and became a spy for Organization KAWEOTH.

Other Notes: *Keen eyesight and good leadership skills.

Last edited by Aramel Elyanwe on January 1st, 2010, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 4:01 pm 
Istari
Istari

I took the liberty of writing up Barbossa's new bio aswell.

Quote:
<center> Hector Barbossa
(Lazarus)</center>

Appearance:
Barbossa 1

Date of Birth: March 13th

Personality: Hector is grim and rough-rdged, with a knack for dry humour. At his worst he can be cruel, manipulative, and bloodthirsty. He can be merciless, treacherous and often turns agreements to his own favour. He is, however, honourable and considers himself a gentleman with a merciful nature and sense of fair play.

Weapons: Hector carries only two guns, concealed by his suit jacket.

Background/History: Unknown

Other Notes: He has feelings for Andrea Costello, although he keeps them well hidden.

I can't wait to get started on this!

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 4:22 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

This is a really amazing idea. :teehee: I mostly understand how it's gonna work... but it still confuses me a little bit. ;) But, heck, I would love to give it a go. btw, with keeping the OC's names and appearances is it also going to keep their over all personalities?

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 4:23 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

^That is exactly it, PD, my love!

Same personalities, different setting. ;-)

EDIT:

Aramel Elyanwe wrote:
<center> Keyara Pierce
(Code Name: Nexus)</center>

Appearance:
Photo #1
Photo #2

Agency: EITC

Date of Birth: July 6th

Personality: Keyara is very crafty and sly; she can get her own way with just a little persuasion and is very impatient, just like her sister. Sometimes she can hide her emotions from others, but usually she openly expresses her opinions and how she feels. In addition, Keyara absolutely hates discussing her past because she feels ashamed of it.

Weapons: Her primary weapon is a Maadi-Griffin .50BMG Thunder handgun. She also has a pen that has a knife concealed within, a spy camera hidden inside of a functional watch, a pair of sunglasses with video camera.

Background/History: It is unknown exactly where Keyara was born, but her parents were essentially dirt poor. Her father died of alcohol poisoning and her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and died from it when Keyara was 11 years old. She ran away from home shortly after and never returned. Years later she was recruited by Agent Beckett and became a spy for EITC.

Other Notes: *She has strong feelings for Beckett but isn’t sure if he returns them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 4:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

So where are we setting the two organisations? For instance, is Organization EITC going to be British and KAWEOTH American or something like that?

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 4:32 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

We could certainly do that, or have both Organizations based in the Caribbean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 4:42 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

<center> Aurora-Rose Delour
(Code Name: Domino *was going to do Rose but sounded too sweet* )</center>

Appearance:
Photo #1
Photo #2
Photo #3

Agency: Organization KAWEOTH

Date of Birth: November 6th

Personality: Aurora-Rose is a force to be reckoned with. After the EITC Organization took her lover Gabriel from her she has never been the same. They did not kill him, instead they took him in and made Gabriel on of them. So she has a personal vendetta that seeps from her pores. She is quick to anger and very cunning. Though she is also very free-willed and can be seen dancing atop the bars at a club moments after killing someone. Her wit is as dangerous as her gun.

Weapons: A small black-boned dagger. A pair of elephant tusk nun chucks which are her specialty. By her side there is always a shutgun. Aurora is also very handy with technology and can hack her way through just about anything.

Background/History: Aurora-Rose grew up in foster homes in London. She never lasted for more than a few months in each home because of her rambunctious nature and her complete need to be a rebel. By the age of 18 she was able to leave foster care and live on her own. That is where she developed her combative skills and that is how she was recruited by the Organization KAWEOTH.

Other Notes: *Gabriel was her lover until the EITC recruited him and he choose them over her. A vendetta ensued.

<center> Gabriel Phillips
(Code Name: Knight )</center>

Appearance:
Photo #1
Photo #2
Photo #3

Agency: Organization EITC

Date of Birth: August 8th

Personality: Gabriel is not much of a people person. He normally keeps to himself and likes it that way, much of an opposite of his best friend since childhood, A-Rose. Although he does not talk much, he makes up for it with his sly skill and ability to take orders without questioning. That is part of the reason why he fits into the world of EITC.

Weapons: A rifle and a S&W 10mm.

Background/History: He grew up in foster care as well. This was how he met Aurora-Rose and they were easily attracted to each other. Gabriel followed her around until she began to act out and he resisted. Gabriel wasn't one to cause chaos, he'd rather just relax and watch things go by than actually do anything. So when Aurora became a spy he wanted nothing to do with it even though he became a spy himself for the other team.

Other Notes: *Seemingly loyal.

<center> Dante Meier Galloway
(Code Name: Gallows)</center>

Appearance:
Photo #1
Photo #2
Photo #3

Agency: Organization KAWEOTH

Date of Birth: November 17th

Personality: Gallow is a sly character, loves trickery and is cunning. He uses his intelligence in the most unorthodox ways and can have a bit confusing logic at times but it always seems to work out in the end. He can be a bit arrogant having traveled to the most remote places of the world all of his life and is obsessed with fine things. All of these characteristics make him a perfect man to go undercover.

Weapons: Almost everything he carries is a wepaon in some way. His wrist watch has built in tear gas. His cuffs pins conceal small blades, belt buckle is a tool for strangling. Even if something he is wearing or holding isn't a weapon he can make it into one.

Background/History: His mother was a member of the CIA and his father worked as a spy in another secret Organization. Gallows grew up in the world of espionage and it was only fate that brought him to become a member of KAWEOTH. Gallows first undercover job was at the age of 8 when he discovered a lair of drug dealers.

Other Notes: *Very manipulative. Loves Whiskey

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Last edited by Pandora on January 1st, 2010, 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 4:45 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

^I like either idea. *le nod*

so I guess I'm officially joining with Joe and Beckett.

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 4:59 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Yay, more Spyrates!

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 5:07 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Woot! I cannot wait to start this! :pirate:

I am officially addicted to Spyrates!

EDIT:

Here's Edward's bio...

Aramel Elyanwe wrote:
<center> Edward Blackhaven
(Code Name: Echelon)</center>

Appearance:
Photo #1

Date of Birth: February 18th

Personality: Edward is extremely level-headed and is reluctant to resort to violence if the problem can be solved verbally. He is very protective of his friends and likes to have a good time when given the opportunity. Conversely, he will fire only if fired upon and is somewhat of the group’s peacekeeper.

Weapons: An M14 Battle Rifle, a grappling hook launcher, small device that interferes with infrared beam security systems.

Background/History: After living an ordinary life with his parents for 18 years, Edward decided to set out and see the world. During his travels he met many friends, amongst them, Varianna Pierce. Shortly after Vari was recruited into the KAWEOTH Organization, Edward received a similar note and also became a spy.

Other Notes: N/A

Aramel Elyanwe wrote:
<center> Soren Davereux
(Code Name: Anaconda)</center>

Appearance:
Photo #1

Date of Birth: May 10th

Personality: Soren is extremely stern and may come off as rude to people who don’t know him. In truth, he is compassionate, seductive, and a good lover, but he only shows this side to people who have known him for a long time, or those he is closest to. Exceedingly untrusting of others unless said person is Dante, whom he trusts with his life.

Weapons: A Franchi SPAS-12 semi-automatic shotgun, a mini GPS tracking device, a chemical agent in round containers that create a shield of smoke when thrown on the ground for limited visibility and/or quick getaways.

Background/History: After Soren’s house burned down as a child, he was left abandoned and sent to live with his Aunt and Uncle who already were trying to support their own 7 children. Soren was essentially neglected and wanted to avenge his parents’ deaths, so he enrolled in the military before receiving a letter informing him that he had been chosen to be part of a special Organization.

Other Notes: *Close companion of Dante

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 7:09 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I am so excited for this! I can hardly stand it....... *die*

<center>Joseph Kerringston (pronounced Cur-ring-ston)
(Code Name: Diablo)</center>

Appearance:

Photo 1
Photo 2

Date of Birth: August 16th

Personality: sneaky, vain, unafraid to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. He generally jumps into things head first without thinking it over. He also has a lazy, laid back streak in him. He has a naïve charm and a manipulative way about him especially when it comes to women.

Weapons: two semi-automatic pistols hidden in his long, black trench coat, sunglasses equipped with night vision and a small, hidden camera, and best of all a tricked out spy car (CLICK) which is bullet proof, has missiles, has hidden compartments - one for various guns, one for an emergency medical kit, it can go up to 200 mph, has a signal-intercepting radio, a not-your-average-everyday GPS, and it is equipped with a killer stereo system.

Background/History: He was born and lived in the poor part of a big city. He never knew his father and when he was in his late teens his mother was brutally and mysteriously murdered while walking home from a small party store. From there much is unknown until Agent Sparrow recruited him…

Other Notes: has a strong love for his car, isn’t particularly good at any real work.

Emma's bio will be up shortly....

-sig by Loafers-

Last edited by Calloniel (PD) on January 1st, 2010, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 7:22 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Surprisingly that's a lot like how I pictured his car... :blink: I think Joe is gonna be my favorite spy of them all... him and his laziness. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 7:33 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I know, right? I saw it and I was like "THAT is Joe's car. No doubt about it.". :roll: gosh, wow.... :teehee:

EDIT:

<center>Emma Clarence
(Code Name: Ginger)</center>

Appearance:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Agency: EITC

Date of Birth: June 27th

Personality: strong willed and spunky, Emma is quick on her feet and can sometimes become quiet a handful.

Weapons: a revolver hidden in her boot and machine pistol tucked away on her person, x-ray glasses, a flashlight/stun gun, a recorder hidden in a gold ring, a Bluetooth that not only takes her own calls but can also channel in on the conversations of others up to 5 miles away.

Background/History: unknown…

Other Notes: she’s good at sneaking around, acting innocent and sweet when it suits her needs and otherwise fooling people.

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 7:39 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Almost ready to post the main thread... just polishing it up and it'll be ready to go! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 7:46 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The Roleplay is now up!

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/vie ... 48#1089448

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next