Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Starless Night - Plotting & Discussion thread-
PostPosted: July 25th, 2010, 7:06 pm 

Quote:
(Hey! I'll post soon, but I was wondering if you guys would be interested in having an off topic discussion thingy like we do for KAWEOTH? Because I want discuss plots, I love the plotting.

@ Will: Haha. I know right? What's really sad is this is her being like uber nice...yahno for her. I love Beor's little breakdown, though. It's so real. There aren't enough real characters around.)

Absolutely fabulous idea to start a plotting thread Mae! I love plotting as well and I think Starless Night is in need of some plotting! :teehee:

Thanks.. ;) I thought it would be kinda unrealistic when a guy is locked up for like a decade and then when he has the opportunity to break free, he's just fine. :P I actually like characters with flaws and issues, it makes them all the more realistic. Physical flaws, I also find to be very interesting to play.

And I know Maethoriel was actually being as nice as she could.. but that's why she got Beör so suspicious..

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2010, 9:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Thanks very much! You are clearly a Goddess for starting it up - I totally got sidetracked today. Lols.

Good. I'm glad she's so untrustworthy, it means I've reached my goal! Beor does make me totally happy, I can't wait to have more interaction between them later (although I have a feeling it will come to blows more than once. I also need to do something with Shan and my other crazy character ;) . I forgot about them...woops? But I have a feeling that Shan and Beor would be good buddies after they got out.

Do we know where we are going after everyone escapes? Cause I'm all for ending up somewhere that most people don't like with the Beornings or the Dwarves. Or we could have them run into some of the LotR characters for a little while that could be fun.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 9:29 am 

I'm sure Beör and Mae will get more interaction when they are going to escape. Not saying that Beör will be nice during these encounter.. lol. But then he's not really a nice guy. :P

Ah yes! I was wondering what happened to Shan. How do you plan to wake her from her passiveness, because if I remember correctly she was in a permanent state of daze.. :P

I thought Goldy was planning that the group would come across Aragorn's army at the Gate of Mordor? Not sure though.. It would be quite awesome as Beör was sort of befriended with Aragorn in the past and Mae may come across Gandalf. ;)

Ah! I'm so excited for this again! Please post! Someone.. anyone! :teehee:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 10:30 am 
Maia
Maia

Hoorah for a Starless Night plotting thread! :-D V.good thinking guys. *nods* We really needed somewhere to chat about the RP!

I absolutely love all of the charries in this RP! <3 They’re all so realistic. I love how Maethoriel is so brilliantly unhinged, and Beör is so messed up after years of being locked up. I just hope my charries are kind of real and gritty too, because I’ve done my best to make them like that – Arawen’s undergoing some kind of redemption at the moment, but she’s still done some really terrible stuff, albeit to save her own life. Playing a character with blood on their hands, but who isn’t a fundamentally "evil" character like the Mouth, is interesting to say the least.
And while Luthien is overall quite decent and honourable (not wanting her to sound too Marysue there), she’s still got her flaws; she’s incredibly stubborn and when she sets her mind to something she’s like a dog with a bone, she won’t let go. :lol:
As for the Mouth, he’s just plain evil. That’s pretty much the end of it. :lol:

Anyhooooo! :-D
Yes, I was planning that the prisoners would come across Aragorn and his army at the Black Gate. My thinking is that something goes wrong with their initial escape plan, and so it has to be delayed. I was thinking that eventually, when Sauron’s army is being gathered inside the Black Gates, the group finally decide it’s a “now or never” kind of thing, and before the Mouth goes out to meet the allies, Maethoriel and Arawen get into a big showdown fight with the Mouth. Since the Mouth and Maethoriel both have magic, I think that would be very cool to say the least! <3

What do you guys think? Ideas are very welcome. :-D

Eeeee, this is so awesome now we can chat about all of our plans. *evil laughter* :vampire: *cough* :lol:

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 12:09 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

This sounds really cool guys. I can help, if you would like.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 1:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hey Smeag! I'd love it, but you'd have to ask the rp starter that is Goldilocks (nickname?).

I like Arawen and Luthien, they are super fun. I like how Arawen still has her girl-ness even after so long. And Luthien just makes me want to hug her.

Yes, I think we can all agree that our characters are totally legit. And saying that really makes me want another banner for this rp. Maybe'll make one later. Yay!

Well, Shan's a little off but he'll be useful. I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do with Mab. She actually may have Maeth beat in the crazy department - which we all know is saying something. And you're right Will, she's kinda stuck in a daze I'll have to have Maeth give her one of her mother hen talks maybe? :annoyed2:

I like the showdown at the Black Gate. Fights are especially fun to write, at least for me, although I get a little bit gory at times. :-D Also, I love playing with Gandalf!!!!! He is awesome. :cool: And if I remember correctly you play a wonderful Aragorn, Will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 6:38 pm 

Hey there Smeag! This RPG has started already, but if you feel like popping in that's fine by me, just ask Goldy..locks :P

I both like Arawen and Luthien very much. I cannot think of Luthien being unkind to anyone, Arawen on the other hand, I expected to be still a little distrustung. But I completely agree with Mae that we have an awesome bunch of characters out there! :-D

Woops! I mistook Shan for Mab.. :P I don't think you've played Shan alot did you? What's he like? And as for Mab.. you could always leave her.. or let her die or something :P (That does sound awefully cruel.. but you know what I mean!)

Ah, a little sorcery between the Mouth and Mae will be so epic! And perhaps Arawen can take revenge as well.. As for Aragorn, I do very much like playing him, but I'm really bad at interacting with my own charries, but of course I will give it a try when it comes to that.. (Talking of Aragorn and Gandalf, I'll do some shameless advertising for another RPG I am planning to set up. The plot will stay close to the book/filmplotline and have lots of Canons I hope.. so go over here if you're interested. ;) )

I very much liked the idea of the Beornings or Dwarfes as well Mae. It gives the idea of an Odyssey; after long and many events our charries will first have to face many challenges before they are able to go home.. But if we keep to the book/film plotline, all evil will be destroyed at the end of the Battle at the Black Gates.. so an Odyssey may be a bit strange then.. (although Odysseus also had to journey for 14 years or so before he was able to go home after the fall of Troy..)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 11:12 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Haha. Yeah, Shan's pretty upbeat. As for Mab I was thinking along the same lines. But I have a way to do it that'll add a bit more depth to the story. I hope. :D

Yeah! That's kinda what I was thinking Will. They can't just magically appear back to wherever they want. And, while I know this rp is darker I really want to have them join in the campfire parties after the Black Gate. Because that'd just be made of epic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 8:12 am 

Hurray for plotting! :happy:

I think we first have to get them out.. That will be hard enough, because once they are out, I don't think Beör wants to have anything to do with Maethoriel and Arawen anymore. The fellow is really messed up.. What can I say..? Men :P :eyeroll:

Whose turn to post is it anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 12:21 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Haha. Yes, poor Beor would be stuck. That's why Luthien is there though, to make sure the sorry sap doesn't do anything too stupid. Haha. Silly boys. Shan is kind of the eternal optimist, he's ridiculously upbeat for being in prison but he has a propensity to be taken by blood lust. So that'll be fun when escaping?

*bounces* I think the epic battle between Maethoriel, Arawen and the Mouth would actually have to be on the field. Because he makes it out there just fine in the books. So...if we wanted to stay cannon we'd have to rush out while everyone is occupied. And after all Maethoriel did give Arawen her word she'd make the Mouth suffer, so she wouldn't be leaving that battle field without him dead on it.

I do believe that it is my turn, but it will not be up until later tonight after I get off of work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 2:53 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

Thanks Will. Maybe if Goldy will allow it I can come of with a nice emotionally unstable side character to help you guys along sometime, but I will definitely drop in here and there and keep up on the reading. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 6:03 pm 
Maia
Maia

Of course you can bring in a charrie, smeag! :-D That’d be great. The more the merrier. ^_^ An emotionally unstable character will be especially welcome too, in an RP like this :lol:

Concerning the Black Gate showdown idea, my thinking was that Arawen and Maethoriel would fight the Mouth before he goes out to meet Aragorn and co, and have a battle in which no one really wins – that or A or M gets injured and the Mouth runs off, taking the chance to go when one of them is fatally hurt, since a battle between him and Maethoriel would be pretty even stevens. But I don’t know. :confused2:
So if they had a battle out in the field, maybe that would makes things easier? So instead of the Mouth retreating back like in the book, or Aragorn chopping his head off like in the film, it could be Arawen and Maethoriel who bring about his end. And a showdown in which the Mouth gets his comeuppance is definitely needed. ;)

I v.much agree that their journey can’t be too easy, that they should have an emotional journey too. The Odyssey idea sounds epic. :-D If they ended up somewhere they didn't intend, that could get v.interesting.

I had an idea that if they escape at the Black Gates, then they’d perhaps be traveling to Gondor along with the canon characters – but then things start to go wrong. After all, if you’ve been locked up for a long time you can’t just slip so easily back into normal life. Like Beor, he’s been a prisoner for fourteen years, and Arawen has been working for the Mouth, something that’s bound to cause emotional distress and angst of epic proportions to say the least. For Luthien it would be a lot easier, since she’d basically just arrived in Mordor. :lol:
So getting to Gondor could turn into a big problem, if the group starts separating, or fighting each other!

These are all just ideas, of course. :-D It’s so great now we can discuss all of these things, so we know where the story’s going ultimately. :-D

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 9:10 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

Thank you. Let me go and see if I can find the first planning thread to see if I can figure out the entirety of the storyline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2010, 12:53 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yay for the Smeag!!! We don't really have a first planning thread. It was just posted in the LotR Rpg section. There is a lot of reading though, so I would skim unless you get sucked in by the supreme awesomeness. Which...is completely understandable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2010, 12:58 am 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

I am starting to read it, and I will probably resort to skimming..

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 10:23 am 

Heey guys!

I think you already read it in the KAWEOTH thread but I'll be leaving on Sunday for a 2week holiday. Depending on Goldy, if she posts or not, I'll try to get another post up before then but else it will be 2 weeks without RPing for me..:( So I don't know if you guys could kinda wait up for me? :innocent:

That's the only bad thing of vacation.. having no internet connection.. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next