Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 6th, 2024, 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2006, 2:47 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I read one actor from the movie does it too (I don't remember well if it is Christopher Lee or Ian McKellen). I want to do the same thing. I have not read the Silmarillion yet, I finished The Two Towers and I have begun to read again The Fellowship (it's the second time I do it this year).

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2006, 5:42 pm 

Ellethiel wrote:
I've read the books over 80 times, and they never get old. I can pretty much quote the entire book off by heart, but I still love it!!!
I know this is an old post, but I had to reply to this.
Eighty times!?!? That is truly amazing. Tolkien's work is brilliant as we can all agree on here, but to find the time to read it so many times is... incredible...
Well, for my part, I usually don't have time for pleasure reading when I have school, and over the holidays there are so many books I have been wanting to read throughout the year. Nevertheless, I started re-reading the trilogy for the third time this summer but I'm still on FotR, because I also work over summer break.
Also I'm the kind of person who would rather read a book I haven't read before than one where I already know the plot, but LotR is the exception... and Silmarillion as well!
I really love reading LotR again... it is particularly good to have when waiting for a delayed train or at the airport or other places where you need to kill time, because as soon as I open the book I find myself being drawn into another world. :angel:

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2006, 3:05 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I know what you mean, it's the same thing to me, every time I open the books and watch the movie my dream begins.
And I think 80 times is a big big time.... :blink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2006, 12:21 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

80 times??? :blink:
I've read it 3 times...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2006, 10:33 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I've read the whole book only once. Sometimes I read only some parts of it. I'll start reading it soon in English (I'm Finnish) when I get the book from library :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2006, 7:24 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

In english I don't try it

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2006, 11:17 pm 

I'm really trying to reread at least every two years...there are so many good books I don't know about every year. But right now I'm halfway through TTT. I just love to reread, finding all the new little things that you skipped over at first, because now you can go at your leisure instead of rushing ahead.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2006, 3:53 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Earendil Light wrote:
I read one actor from the movie does it too (I don't remember well if it is Christopher Lee or Ian McKellen). I want to do the same thing. I have not read the Silmarillion yet, I finished The Two Towers and I have begun to read again The Fellowship (it's the second time I do it this year).

Christopher Lee is indeed the one who reads the books every year. And he is the only one from the cast of the movie that met Prof. Tolkien in real life.

Anyway I have read all the books 11 times each. I read them every year since I was 10.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2