Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 7:53 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

To be honest Bilbo at hat point reminds me of my Grandma. It's like now with the ring gone he's gone a bit senile. I love the relationship Bilbo and Frodo have it's very sweet.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 10:27 am 
Vala
Vala

Location: somewhere sympathy is more than just a way of leaving

Your post made me chuckle Peredhil Lover. I guess Bilbo does seem a little bit senile, like the crazy, yet lovable old grandparent, who you have to take care of. and yes, their relationship is definitely very sweet. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 1:56 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Glad I made you laugh. It just seems to me that the ring was sustaining him mentally as well.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 10:18 pm 

Tinuviel's Tears wrote:
Aww. Thanks Larael. :hug: You're such a sweetheart. And it's really not that remarkable. I'm sure you would have thought of it if your thoughts had tended in that direction.
I think we're all agreed upon the factc that this scene, though not in the book, definitely made sense and had some purpose in the film. Which is good.
By the way (slightly off topic), Larael, are you strongly opposed to people giving you odd nicknames? Because I keep having this weird feeling that I should call you Larry. :blink: Not because you remind me of a guy or anything, just because. But I won't call you that if you'd rather I didn't. :P

Lol, this was posted quite a long time ago, but I just didn't get the change to reply.

I love nicknames! I've had several people call me Lar and occassionaly Larry, so no, I don't mind at all.

On the subject of Bilbo once again... I like the thought of him becoming somewhat senile or in need of care since the Ring left him. I knew it probably had some kind of effect on his mind, but I never thought of it that way. He becomes just the kind of grandparent or like relative who just needs that extra care or help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 11:18 am 
Vala
Vala

Location: somewhere sympathy is more than just a way of leaving

LOL. :P Larry it is then.

I like that thought too. I think it fits. The Ring was the only thing that was holding Bilbo back from old age and all it brought, both bodily and mentally. Remove the influence of the Ring, and everything the Ring was holding back rushes forward. The age catches up with Bilbo, and the effects show in his appearance, and his mind. He becomes like this sort of cute little stooped old grandpa who you have to help hobble about and answer crazy questions from and remind them of what your name is all the time. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 4:13 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Yup... the otherday my grandma made tea out of soup and sugar hehe

And the line at the end 'I'm quite ready for another adventure' kinda reminds me of how old people (for lack of a better term) feel about death.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2006, 9:20 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Wow, I liked this post ^^ I never thought of the fact you posted...and yeah, now thinking about it...well I particularly love this scene, it's so tender. uncle and nephew together in their last path to the Grey Havens. And yep, I do agree with the fact that what Bilbo says about holding the ring one last time, shows the depth of the power the ring has on those who bear it. :)

Since I met u, I knew you were special :) thank you for everything Fer ^^
How do you go on when in your heart you begin to understand, there's no going back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 19th, 2006, 8:53 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

if somebody allready said it, i'm sorry
if it's stupid... well, doesn't matter
maybe he forgot? afterall, he was old

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4