Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Why doesn't Bilbo have visions when he has the ring on?
PostPosted: November 27th, 2006, 2:03 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

galadriel2812 wrote:
Why does Bilbo not have the visons (or what ever happens to Frodo) when he has the ring on, when frodo does?

I have wondered that too. Perhaps it was because the Dark Lord was not looking for it as intently then. :confused:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2006, 3:46 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I think it's because the whole time it was going to work out that Frodo would have to bear the Ring. Bilbo merely possessed it for a while and wouldn't have much to do with its destiny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26th, 2006, 4:32 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

hrmm.... I didn't really think of Frodo's "visions" as visions. Though I suppose they are. I guess Bilbo had the ring at a time when the Ringwraiths had not yet noticed that he had it...?

~Iri

by my buddy Emma Jean. Images by Jonathon Earl Bowser

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2006, 7:37 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

or then it's just a dramatization of PJ's. I think Bilbo saw the world in a different way when he had the Ring on, but he was never in the presence or the Ringwraiths or Sauron. Frodo was almost always near them when he wore the Ring. make any sense? :bye2:

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2006, 7:26 am 
Vala
Vala

Big thing to understand: When a person puts on the Ring, they are drawn into almost another 'plane' of the world, the world of shadows. The Ringwraiths are in it entirely, which is why nobody would see a thing if they didn't wear their robes--they're basically invisible in the real world. When a person wears the Ring, they are partially in the world of shadows, so they can see the Nazgul and other things like them. That's why the Ringwraiths look different when Frodo has the Ring on. However, they still have to be within normal sight--if they were behind a big rock or something, he couldn't see them through it or anything.

The fact that Sauron appeared to Frodo several times while he had the Ring on was simply because he knew that the Ring had been found and was exerting his power to communicate with whoever had it. He didn't know Bilbo ever possessed it, so he didn't do that with Bilbo, and he probably didn't have the power to at the time, either.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3