Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 4:43 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

hobbit_fan wrote:
I dont really hate any of the chapters, but if I had to choose I guess I would pick The Council Of Elrond. Like you guys said it was really long, but I didnt hate it entirely. lol

Well, hobbit_fan, I guess that just goes to show that you have much more patience in reading than I do! :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 4:50 pm 
Istari
Istari

lol well I can sometimes, but like those books you have to read in school are sooo boring, and half the time I cant even read them. Haha :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2005, 10:42 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

The first time I read LotR when I was 10 I didn't like the Council of Elrond that much. But when I read it again I understood it a bit more. Then after reading the Sil when I read LotR the next time i actually enjoyed the chapter. It might not be imperative to the rest of the story, but I thought it was important.

Apart from that I loved every chapter. I personally love the way Tolkien writes, I prefer it alot more to some modern day writers or other 'fantasy' writers. But maybe I'm the only one... :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2005, 7:28 pm 
Elf
Elf

Quote:
I know its important but.......I already know whats going on and they explain it about 50 times in that chapter!!!!!!!!!!!

True, but, it's there for those who don't know so we have to think of them as well.

The only chapter I wasn't to fond of was the Tom Bombadil parts. I mean, the beginning was okay but then his numerous songs and rhymes got annoying.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2005, 8:43 pm 

Good point Arien.

Actually, I enjoyed the Tom Bombadil parts in the book.......I love his songs!!!! *hides behind bed* please don't kill me..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2005, 8:57 pm 
Elf
Elf

lol Of course not. Some people enjoy nonsense. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2005, 2:48 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

i didn't really hate any of the chapters in the books, it was sorta hard to get through the treebeard parts though.
Arien i just wanted you to know i love your banners! i'll probably say that more than once if i see you on any other subjects

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2005, 6:41 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I don't think there are any chapters in FotR that I hate. I've enjoyed every chapter I've read, really, there aren't many that I dislike even. Hmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2005, 8:54 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

SpanishEvenstar wrote:
I don't think there are any chapters in FotR that I hate. I've enjoyed every chapter I've read, really, there aren't many that I dislike even. Hmm...

^that's really like what some others have said, so I guess you have a lot of patience for literature. Unlike me. :blush: But I'm thinking about rereading the three LotR books this summer. :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2005, 9:22 pm 
Maia
Maia

i HATED the Tom Barboadil (cant spell) i fell asleep twice reading it... *whoops*

Hello, I'm Amoniel
[/font]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2005, 11:01 am 
Maia
Maia

I have to say The Council of Elrond. It's not that I hate it, It's just that is very long and has a lot of history and names and stuff, but at the same time is important :confused:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2005, 4:31 pm 
Elf
Elf

Quote:
Arien i just wanted you to know i love your banners! i'll probably say that more than once if i see you on any other subjects

Thank you AngelBaggins! :bounce:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2005, 9:17 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I know they're very creative and all, and in almost every chapter, but I didn't like the songs being put in the middle of scenes in the book. I think that he just should've made a book of all his songs SEPERATE i dont know if it's just me, but it drives me crazy to be reading a good part in the book, then have to read through a song, I'd rather just read the story...DON'T HATE ME!! :blush:

:bye2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 4:42 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

eowynshieldmaiden wrote:
I know they're very creative and all, and in almost every chapter, but I didn't like the songs being put in the middle of scenes in the book. I think that he just should've made a book of all his songs SEPERATE i dont know if it's just me, but it drives me crazy to be reading a good part in the book, then have to read through a song, I'd rather just read the story...DON'T HATE ME!! :blush:

Hehe - actually, I know some people that really like the songs. It adds a nice touch to the chapters. But if the songs are separate, then well - I don't know. Maybe they wouldn't have quite the same impact on the reader otherwise. Just a thought. But I guess I can understand how you might not want the songs to be in the middle of the scenes.

*looks at eowynshieldmaiden's signature* Oh no, it doesn't work! Well, if you ever need any help in your signature, you can ask me, or others to help you. If you want help.

Anyway . . . la la la la la . . . :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 8:27 pm 
Vala
Vala

eowynshieldmaiden wrote:

I never read the songs, I find them annoying actually. But some people like them so I don't really care that they're there. I just don't read them. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2005, 10:24 am 

I don't have least favourite chapter. I saw that many of you posted 'Council of Elrond' but I don't think this chapter is boring, it's too important to be boring but after all maybe this is one chapter which is really better made in the movies...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next