Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OB posters have invaded my local library!
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 12:22 am 

(I can't believe I'm starting a thread here...)

I'm the sort of person who starts to twitch if she sees too many orlando bloom pictures of him with his smug "oh, look, aren't I great" look on his face. (Sorry, I didn't start this just to vent my anti-OB-ism...)

So I was at my local library the other day, and on the back wall there was a promoting reading poster with orlando bloom with a book on it!

Pics of him has invaded my local library! Nooooo!!!

As my friend said (with a lot of feeliing) it's enough to put you off reading!

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 12:24 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

OB? is that orlando bloom if so its going on at my library and hes like reading is good for you and im like how am i suppost to read thinkin about lotR

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 9:13 am 
Ent
Ent

Oh good *takes a trip to Australia*

You know what? I can't remember whether you live in Australia or New Zealand, but I know it's one of them (I hope!)

I wish I had posters of him in my library, but it's run by a load of old ladies, who have pictures of fish on the walls :blink:

^ Thankyou so much everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 12:42 pm 

Yeah, an overdose on OB is not a very nice way to....do anything actually.

I would love to meet him in person though, because I think his popularity with the fangirls has overshadowed his personality.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 2:03 pm 

I agree with Kit. Why do you think he makes so few public appearances? I'd be hiding too if that many people wanted to marry me. :closedeyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 2:31 pm 

That would be annoying though - someone saying they wanted to marry you when they don't even know you.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 3:47 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Kitoky wrote:
That would be annoying though - someone saying they wanted to marry you when they don't even know you.

Yeah it would also be freaky, I mean do you think about how many girls probably come up to him when he's out and start crying or something because they've met him? Gah that would be freaky and borderline weird..because so many people are just in love with him.

And on the library..yeah, my librarians are pretty old too, but they're cool. But I think it would be cool if they had some better posters then just some random people reading. I stared at this one poster for a while to make sure it was Sean Connery. I was like "Woah."

Post subject: Re: OB posters have invaded my local library!
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 8:04 pm 
Maia
Maia

Herenya wrote:
(I can't believe I'm starting a thread here...)

I'm the sort of person who starts to twitch if she sees too many orlando bloom pictures of him with his smug "oh, look, aren't I great" look on his face. (Sorry, I didn't start this just to vent my anti-OB-ism...)

So I was at my local library the other day, and on the back wall there was a promoting reading poster with orlando bloom with a book on it!

Pics of him has invaded my local library! Nooooo!!!

As my friend said (with a lot of feeliing) it's enough to put you off reading!

Ooh! I feel for you hon. OB in the library, it's no enough in the cafeteria with his retarded Got Milk mustache. Its not enough in my stupid sister's and thousands of other fan girls' rooms...but now he's in the library too!? *Gasp, faint*.....

Last edited by Ms.Gamgee on June 14th, 2005, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 8:55 pm 
Elf
Elf

Quote:
Ooh! I feel for you hon. OB in the library, it's no enough in the cafeteria with his retarded Got Milk mustache. Its not enough in my stupid sister's and thousands of other retarded fan girls' rooms...but now he's in the library too!? *Gasp, faint*.....

Umm, I don't consider myself a fangirl, but that is really rude.

Anyway, I know what poster you're talking about! There's seriously one laminated hanging from the ceiling at our public library......but it's better than nothing, I guess. There's a bunch of read posters with LotR characters on them.....like Frodo reading in the tree. (My personal fav. :-D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 10:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Heheh, a while ago my library had an Arwen poster and a Frodo poster promoting reading, but they were evil and took them down. Now they have an Orli poster up, and I think one of Darth Vader too (what he has to do with reading, I have NO idea). I think the Orli one is the picture below:

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/cast/Orlando_book.jpg

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 10:46 pm 

Arwen, I can't believe I actually CLICKED on that poster just to see if it was the same as the one in my library!!! that was not a good idea... :disgust:

My library has a lot of LOTR posters out the back - in the staff area. They're all rolled up... a lot of Frodo, and I think there was a cool fellowship one. I looked at them when I did work experience there...

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 2:56 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

At my library they they have posters like "If you can read this poster, you can read a book!" and some other dumb things to "promote" reading. I mean, if they're at the library, then they're most likely getting a book, right? Unless they're the people that just go there to rent the movies they have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 11:00 am 
Elf
Elf

Yep, Arwen has the right poster. They actually have a bunch of bookmarks with that same picture on them....... :blink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 12:37 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Arwen the webmaster wrote:
Heheh, a while ago my library had an Arwen poster and a Frodo poster promoting reading, but they were evil and took them down. Now they have an Orli poster up, and I think one of Darth Vader too (what he has to do with reading, I have NO idea). I think the Orli one is the picture below:

Wow, they've never had Frodo or anything even relating to LotR up in the library. You're lucky :P They've just got weird posters up with some little worms on them who are reading.

Haha, Orli isn't even reading in that picture. (Well, pretending to read) He's just holding a book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 3:45 pm 

We have a life size card board Legolas in our library........underneath him it has a sign that says "Make it a 'hobbit' to read." or something like that....nothing to do with Legolas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We also have a Frodo poster, with Frodo sitting under the tree with a book.....from the begining of FotR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 1:53 pm 
Ent
Ent

Evenstar wrote:
Arwen the webmaster wrote:

Wow, they've never had Frodo or anything even relating to LotR up in the library. You're lucky :P They've just got weird posters up with some little worms on them who are reading.

Haha, Orli isn't even reading in that picture. (Well, pretending to read) He's just holding a book.

Oh yes, a book-worm! :duh:

hehe :D

I'm a retarded fan-girl. You should see my room.

*counts*
9 large posters and 2 calendars!

^ Thankyou so much everyone!