Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 25th, 2009, 11:28 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

*Wow. This thread kind of died when I left. :duh: *
I'm actually rewatching all of my Sharpe DVDs. :lol: Sharpe's Challenge was really good but I have to say that Sharpe's Honour is my favorite. I really need to have Sharpe's Peril shipped over to me from the UK. It's bothering me that I haven't seen it yet.

Sean's new movie Ca$h sounds kind of interesting: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1106860/ I'll defiantly go and see it to support him. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2009, 8:05 am 

I absolutely loved Sean Bean in The Island - he's a great bad guy. He has this intense, yet charming way of portraying the greed in human nature.

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2009, 4:46 am 
Balrog
Balrog

^ I quite agree. It's a little scary sometimes. :blink:

Being an aspiring theater major I greatly look up to Sean's work, escpecially when it comes to his take on baddies. It can become really challenging to play certain types of bad characters, I must admit. I know that no one really wants to be known as the villain actor but Sean is extremely good those kinds of roles. Like you said Ea, he is charming when it comes to villains.
I thought his performance in The Hitcher was amazing as well. His character was charming yet horrifying as well (if you put yourself in the other character's position). He was able to pull off the crazy killer seeking death. The character you want to hate but, with his performance, you can't help but feel for him too. :( At least I did, I don't know about other people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2009, 9:42 am 
Balrog
Balrog

He is a natural born talent and one of my fav actors but sadly apart from lotr, he had no chance of showing his performance in a big bugdeted Hollywood production like a lotr series.

And I know too he aspires to play good man roles as you said Lady Rinoa. It is a fact that he won't get if miracolously happen because he is so good at being a villain.

Will be going to London on March of the 30th

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2009, 5:29 pm 

Very true, he is a great actor that unfortunately, might have not yet been truly acknowledged for the talent he is but I don't think he has been too typecast. Even though he has portrayed a lot of men who might belong to the less good side of human nature they have been complex characters who were driven by a cause.
Boromir was not a bad man, just a very idealistic man - actually kind of a fanatic in his own way. Yes, he was overcome by greed but bless his heart he was only a man and couldn't resist the drawing of the Ring.
And his character in The Island (I forgot his name) was also driven by some twisted idealism - oh and greed!

I love his eyes when he is meanest, it's like you can see the madness burning right beside idealism and sanity! Very well done! :P

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2009, 11:11 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Well said Eä. Sean's character in The Island was Dr. Merrick, by the way. ;)

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard any news regarding Sean's new movies "Black Death" [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1181791/] and "Ca$h" [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1106860/]?

Both movies sound interesting in my opinion. However, I don't think "Black Death" is going to be released in the US. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 25th, 2010, 7:31 pm 

Is it me, or does it seem like Sean Bean has the best post-LOTR career? AND HE'S THE ONE WHO DIED IN THE FIRST FILM!

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 25th, 2010, 10:59 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I never actually thought about it, but I think you're right Kitoky. :laugh:
:blink: I didn't post it in here. :duh: I posted this in the Sean Bean Fan Club as well. I am lazy today so I just copied and pasted my post. XP

So I have discovered something in relation to another one of Sean's new movies, Ca$h. :D If you go to the official site: http://thefilmcash.com/ you can enter a contest/drawing to walk the red carpet and go to the party afterward. I already entered. :lol: There is a three episode podcast with Sean on there as well and a few other goodies.

I have heard good things about the movie and I'm quite eager to see it. I'm waiting to see when the release date is so I'm eyeing the site once a day. XP Anyone else going to try and see Ca$h? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2010, 7:18 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

O....M...G.. Sean Bean is so hot :drool: .

Ok now that I've got that out lol. He is in Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief right? I'm not just losing my mind :blink: . I wondered because I didn't see any posts about it. I know he probably won't have a big role or anything but still.... I can't wait to see it anyways :bounce: .

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2010, 10:05 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

He is indeed BR. Hey, the trailer is on TV right now! Irony... Hi Sean! :P He plays the Greek god Zeus in the movie. I'm excited to see Percy Jackson too. The site has a real good Bio for Sean and the trailer is really good quality there.

The Hollywood premiere is 11th! *squee* The time has yet to be announced though it is rumoured to be at about 5 or 6 p.m. I am going to attempt to go the the premiere for Sean support. Haha. I hope I can. :blink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2010, 10:45 pm 

Wait, he played ODYSSEUS _and_ Zeus?

Man, this guy is just ASKING for hubris. :p

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2010, 11:09 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

^ :lol: Yeah a little bit. :P

Thinking of Odysseus. Rumour is going around about a new version of The Odyssey for release in 2012. So far only Brad Pitt is rumoured for the project but I hope Sean will be offered to play Odysseus. It would be nice to see him in that role again, I thought he was great as Odysseus in Troy. :) The Illiad and The Odyssey are two of my favourite books to read and although Troy deviated from the Illiad it was still a great movie. I'm sure The Odyssey won't be much different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2010, 4:20 am 
Balrog
Balrog

The people who are doing Ca$h!! they have soo many contests and fan participation it's crazy. :lol: I didn't win the Red Carpet contest/event though. Darn! Oh well. Congratz to the guy who won!

Anywho, they have a link on the site and the facebook page that was pretty cool. They turned it into a contest as well. You put a Tweet up Twitter (if you have one) and they send you to a site that does this:

How AWESOME is THAT!? All these contests make me more eager to see the movie. :frust:
Join in on the fun at: http://thefilmcash.com/
Support Sean by seeing the movie!

Another bit of happy Sean news! :) It is going around that the show "Game of Thrones" has been picked up by HBO!! I'll let you know more when I know. XP

(All the good stuff comes around when I no longer have HBO and Cinemax.)
:explode:

Post subject: Re: sean bean
PostPosted: May 6th, 2011, 12:39 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I can feel my stomach going weird just thinking about him. Honestly, I've only seen two movies with him, but I'm looking for more at the library.
At least when I get celebrity crushes, I pick good ones.
For some reason I'm picturing him in the character of a dashing pirate in a story I'm writing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7