Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:55 am

Post subject: PotC 4?
PostPosted: January 5th, 2007, 2:46 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I was recently at the cinema, and they had these trivia reels playing before the previews started. One of them said that Johnny Depp had signed up to play Captain Jack in a PotC 4! Is this true? Anyone know ANYTHING about a fourth PotC? I'm dying to know!

"You said: I know that this will hurt, but if I don't break your heart then things will just get worse..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2007, 3:05 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I suppose so...it did seem like they were going to wrap it all up at the end of AWE, but this seemed genuine, but I haven't heard it anywhere else. Perhaps just a rumour :(

"You said: I know that this will hurt, but if I don't break your heart then things will just get worse..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2007, 3:22 pm 
Elf
Elf

I've also heard that there will be a 4th movie and that (I hope this is a rumor) they are going to kill off Will Turner. Again, I'm not 100% positive but this is stuff I've read on the internet.

:)

The Poetry Project.
Inwe's Facebook

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2007, 6:14 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I don't think there will be Pirates 4, just from what I heard...it's supposed to just be a trilogy, but certainly that could change...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2007, 3:13 pm 

I have heard that Jerry Brukheimer (spelled so wrong...) and Johnny Depp want to make a fourth so they asked Disney, Disney said if they can come up with a good script, they'll do it. My only worry is, even if Disney approves, will Orlando and Keira want to do it again? They refused to sign up for 2 and 3 until they saw the script and still took some time to decide...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2007, 7:50 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I don't know about Johnny Depp, but I read that they're kicking Orlando Bloom out of the 4th if it goes ahead, as Will is 'inconsequential'! :annoyed:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2007, 6:15 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I don't know if they are going to make a fourth Pirates movie. If Davy dies in the third one, I might not see the fourth one unless there is someone that is as cool as Davy.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2007, 6:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

Nessmister of the Rings wrote:
I don't know about Johnny Depp, but I read that they're kicking Orlando Bloom out of the 4th if it goes ahead, as Will is 'inconsequential'! :annoyed:

I know, I read that too!!!!! :explode: Actually I'd read that they'll kill him off in #4, which is just as bad. Disney will seriously regret it if they do either of those things, as I will inflict major bodily harm on whoever got the idea that William Turner is "inconsequential". :disgust: Plus, the idea on the whole of a fourth POTC movie is just...ugh. I was hoping all this hype would be OVER in a few years, not unnecessarily continue! (no offense to Pirates fans)

Pippin of Herenya's Line - "...give nothing back!"
Got fed up and eloped with Ragetti 1-3-08 :P
PHYLLIS, THE ANTI-SUSPIAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 8:25 am 
Ent
Ent

Ánië Súrion wrote:
I was hoping all this hype would be OVER in a few years, not unnecessarily continue! (no offense to Pirates fans)

I know :bounce: . I LOVE Pirates of the Caribbean but there can be too much of a good thing.

Click here - >HERE

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2007, 8:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

I don't think so....There's only going to be 3..like a Trilogy, I think that's what they planned.

Married Finn Jones on March 24th, 2009

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2007, 8:55 pm 
Elf
Elf

Johnny is really excited about a fouth movie, but Orlando and Keira want a break. So I think they might make an unrelated sequel or even a prequel, but no one's really sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31st, 2007, 2:49 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ellie wrote:
I sincerely doubt it, and to be quite honest I hope they don't. Not that I don't like PotC, I love it nearly as much as LotR, but 3 movies is enough for something like PotC.

well first of all there has to be a fourth movie. there are so many unanswered questions. and POTC is like a trillogy. like LOTR is. theres only gonna be 4 and thats it. so yeah...i'm glad there doin a fourth movie.

music is my life, my love, it's apart of my very being, it's what keeps my heart beating
~Raelyn

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

All who call on God in

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2007, 3:32 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Personally I didn't like Dead Man's Chest, or more to the point I didn't like Captain Jack. He was such a dispicable jerk, what with him throwing his friends under the bus just to save his own hide. The only reason I'll see POTC 3 is I'm intrigued by Barbosa coming back.

Fred

Translation of the blade.

Last edited by Dumanyu on February 5th, 2007, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2007, 10:55 am 
Ent
Ent

Dumanyu wrote:
Personally I didn't like Dead Man's Chest, or more to the point I didn't like Captain Jack. He was such a dispicable jerk, what with him throwing his friends under the bus just to save his own hide. The only reason I'll see POTC 3 is I'm intrigued by Barbosa coming back.

Fred

^ your a dude, you are not expected to like him. And as for the way he treats his friends, it gives his charactor depth, its....intriguing. Plus I think everyone is interested in Barbosa's return.

Click here - >HERE

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2007, 7:41 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

fair rider wrote:
Dumanyu wrote:

Fred

^ your a dude, you are not expected to like him. And as for the way he treats his friends, it gives his charactor depth, its....intriguing. Plus I think everyone is interested in Barbosa's return.

You're right, I'm a dude (and an older dude at that), so I personally don't find it intriguing to be a narcissistic scumbag. I saw POTC2 at the theater, and later received the DVD as a gift. It's still in the plastic, and likely to stay there.
No disrespect intended, and I'm certainly not a prude, but I just don't like the character Jack Sparrow. For the reasons above, and I'm not to jazzed with the defrocked Commodore who's name escapes me.
Fred

Translation of the blade.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 5:58 am 
Ent
Ent

Dumanyu wrote:
You're right, I'm a dude (and an older dude at that), so I personally don't find it intriguing to be a narcissistic scumbag. I saw POTC2 at the theater, and later received the DVD as a gift. It's still in the plastic, and likely to stay there.
No disrespect intended, and I'm certainly not a prude, but I just don't like the character Jack Sparrow. For the reasons above, and I'm not to jazzed with the defrocked Commodore who's name escapes me.
Fred

I am sorry for biting back so hard. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you think Jack is a dispicable jerk, you go ahead and think that. I ment no offence. :-(

Click here - >HERE

Profile       WWW