Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 10:07 am

Post subject: Babel
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 4:28 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I saw this a couple of weeks ago at home with my parents. In it, Cate Blanchett plays a woman married to a character portrayed by Brad Pitt. This is the main premise- while they're on vacation in Morocco, Cate's character is seriously wounded when she's accidentally shot by a little boy who lives there. That one event sets a whole sequence of other occurrences in motion, and not everyone involved comes out of it unscathed.

This is a great movie for those of you who like films that touch on political/religious subjects (i.e. movies like Syriana, Kingdom of Heaven, Traffic, etc.). The acting is wonderful, and it's very emotionally intense, so be prepared to have your feelings turned inside out and taken through the wringer. The only other warning I have is that you need to pay very close attention to what's going on, because the movie jumps around a lot between the different stories that make up the plot. There are a total of four:
1. The story involving Cate and Brad- This is the main one, and the events in it are what the other three stories refer back to.

2. The story involving the young Moroccan boy and the consequences for himself and his family that result from his actions.

3. The story involving Cate & Brad's characters' Mexican nanny, Amelia, and how what happens to them in Morocco affects her.

4. The story about the deaf Japanese girl- At the beginning of the film, this seems totally unrelated to the other three stories, but towards the end of the movie, you'll find out how she and her father are connected to everything else.

This is a wonderful film, and I highly recommend seeing it :yes:!

Alexis

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 23rd, 2007, 11:43 am 
Istari
Istari

I actually saw this movie last weekend. I wasnt a very big fan of it, but then again that isnt really my type of movie. Im sure it is a great movie for those who like that type though! :P