Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Worst of the 3
PostPosted: December 20th, 2005, 10:19 pm 

And it's still one of the best books ever made imo! Movie/bookwise. That's just how good these were. Fellowship being good in many different ways. I would have to rank them

ROTK>FOTR>TTT then Hobbit, and Sl somewhere in there. How would you rank 'em?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 21st, 2005, 3:51 pm 

Movie wise it's the weakest I think. Atleast that's what everyone I know says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 21st, 2005, 5:08 pm 
Maia
Maia

TTT is just.... well the middle. We're all eager to see how it all starts and how it all ends.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 21st, 2005, 10:23 pm 

But they are all so good, I'd never be able to choose. Here goes anyway...
1. RotK
2. FotR
3. TTT

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2005, 4:26 pm 

Out of all 3 movies I think that ROTK was definetly the best. The FOTR and the TT was both still very good. All three movies are brilliant.lol.
Bubbles
xxxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2005, 4:47 pm 
Ent
Ent

my favorite is the rotk second is the two towers and third the fellowship..

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2005, 4:32 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Why is this in the Two Towers Book Section? It concerns the three movies, right?

Anyways.. I think the Two Towers was the least of the three, simply because it's the biggest mess.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2005, 7:27 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Quote:
Why is this in the Two Towers Book Section? It concerns the three movies, right?

The exact same thing was running through my mind, Elu Thingol, but... I'm going to ramble on about the books anyway since it is in the "Books" section.

I couldn't possibly rank them because they all are so wonderful, I couldn't pick. Each have strong points and weaknesses, and I've read FotR a few more times than I've read the other two. But TTT is great. It's the transition from beginning to end, with plot twists and continuances from FotR that could, in theory, make or break RotK. Like the chapter "The White Rider" when we meet up with Gandalf again after his "ressurection" and even the chapter preceeding it.

And the character development that we get to see with Faramir that, without the Extended Editions, we didn't get to see in the movies, is one of my all time favorite things. He isn't really the whiny jerk they made him out to be, initially (at least, that's how I saw it, sorry if you do not agree.)

Ooh! And Smeagol! I could write for ages about how much I love him... But I'll refrain for the sake of time and for the sake of not frying your brains out of your heads because of my pointless babble.

In short, I loved it as a book. I've got a total of 22 LotR related books and have read them all, so it's not like I'm speaking from inexperience ^^

-- Thus Ends Random Rant #2

xoxo Dim

--Arlis Kirk, <u><i>Silver Winged Angel</i></u></center>

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 25th, 2005, 12:18 am 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

Let's see. WARNING! RANT AHEAD! SPEED LIMIT 20 MPH!
Movie-wise, (and I'm going off of the Extended edition of course) I would definitely rank them ROTK, TTT, and FOTR.
Book-wise I would definitely rank them TTT, ROTK, then FOTR.
I liked TTT because it covered all of my favorite parts, from Boromir's death to Shelob's lair. I ranked ROTK second because I liked Faramir's part in it, and the Scouring of the Shire. However, I found the chapters from after the battle of Pellenor fields up to the battle at the Black Gates slow, and after the battle at the Black Gate up to the Scouring of the shire a bit slow, and all but once I skimmed those chapters and skip ahead. I ranked FOTR last because I found it a bit slower than the others, and I know several people that haven't read the series because FOTR was slow.

END OF RANT! SPEED LIMIT 40 MPH!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 25th, 2005, 4:28 am 

I also loved (bookwise) TTT very much, because than the Rohirrim and Edoras and the whole Rohan-club gets introduced, and I love those guys sooooooooooooooo much.. But I still see the books as one big book, so I can't say wich part is better than the other, because they are all lovely, wonderful, cool, great, fantastic, etc, etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2006, 7:48 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

If I must-The Silmarillion, TTT, The Hobbit, RotK, FotR. But honestly, I just couldn't rank them. But this is just the order in which I most enjoy them, currently(my mood on things change just as time does...)

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7521

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 1:33 am 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

I know this is sacrilege, but I've never read the whole Simarillion.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 6:08 am 
Vala
Vala

*scream* Never read the whole Silmarillion? You must do so. It is fabulous and positively the best of Tolkien's books.

Concering LotR itself, for the books I would rank them RotK>FotR>TTT.

I love how RotK wraps everything up, and how Pippin and Merry seem to have evolved from the immature little hobbits they were in FotR.

I love FotR because of...the way it is. I'm not really sure why I like it, but it really draws me. TTT was good, but the ending was too terrible. I am so glad I have a 3-in-1 version of the books, because then I didn't have to find RotK so I could continue it after finishing TTT. That would've been terrible.

For the movies, they're RotK>FotR/TTT (not sure which movie is better....)

For the Extended edition, it's TTT>FotR>>>>RotK.
RotK Ext. Edition stank. It was terrible. There were precious few new or extended scenes that actually followed what Tolkien had in the book. It drove me crazy. TTT Ext was great, though. Boromir & Faramir in that one scene might be my favorite scene in the whole trilogy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2006, 12:28 am 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

Yeah, I know, it's just I started reading it, and my friend needed to borrow it for a book report, and I never got it back.

And Are you talking about the 'Remember today, little brother' scene?
*Girlish scream* OMG! That makes me shudder everytime, it's just so brilliant!!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2006, 7:20 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Larael Greenleaf wrote:
they are all so good, I'd never be able to choose. Here goes anyway...
1. RotK
2. FotR
3. TTT

Agreed. I love them all, there for the most part (movie-wise, books are <3<3<3 for me) isn't much that I don't like. Because I do love them incredibly much!! Above all. Anyhow...if I HAD to rate them, that's how I would.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2006, 7:39 pm 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

I've already given my opinion on this matter, but I still think TTT is the best book.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next