Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2006, 2:43 am 
Maia
Maia

To be honest, I'd have to rank the movies in this order:

ROTK
FOTR
TTT

And unfortunately I haven't read any other books in relation to LOTR.

FRODO

Image</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2006, 6:12 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

My ranking is RotK, FotR, TTT, Silmarillion. I love them all though. It was so hard to pick between RotK and FotR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2006, 3:49 am 
Ent
Ent

my ranking would have to be ROTK, FOTR, TTT

i really like all of them though i mean it's so hard to choose because they all have their boring or hard to get through points and yeah

but ROTK is definately the best
and its kinda tie between FOTR and TTT

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2006, 9:24 pm 

all 4?

TTT, Hobbit, RoTK, FoTR

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 16th, 2006, 1:51 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I guess I would say

1. ROTK
2. FOTR
3. The Hobbit
4. TTT

I guess that ROTK had the most action, but FOTR told a good story. The two towers didn't have much of either; to me it was just the transition from FOTR to ROTK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2006, 9:08 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

In the way of the books I would rank them:
FOTR
ROTK
TTT.

In the way of the movies, I would say:
ROTK
FOTR
TTT

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2006, 10:55 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I can't decide which of them is the best. About Hobbit and Silmarillion... Silmarillion is so much better than Hobbit! I think Hobbit was a little boring... And I love Silmarillion :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2006, 8:56 pm 

I've noticed that a lot of people have ranked TTT last. Why? [I'll admit I did it too.] Is it because it's in the middle? There's something about the 2nd book in a trilogy that just doesn't make you love it as much, but I can't put my finger on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2006, 11:06 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I don't think I could rank them...I think of LotR as one story - as it was originally intended, after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2006, 11:19 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

^yeah I agree with you ... i can't bring myself to classify any of the three volumes ... its undoable for me. it's one book =\

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 12:33 pm 

my least fav...well bookwise it is maybe TTT and movie wise...maybe FOTR

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 3:27 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

the only thing that has made TTT the least perfect part of LOTR is the division on two parts-the first is exciting,interesting and thrilling,but the second one-with frodo and sam in mordor is a bit boring to me...that's why i like the movie TTT better than the book TTT

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 10:17 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Well LOTR was intended in the first place to be all one story but needed to be separated because of it's length so there's really no point in choosing between them but if I really had to It'd be...

1. FOTR
2.ROTK
3.TTT

and...

4.The Silmarillion
5.The Hobbit

( this is going to be long so just bear with me lol :p ) Just because I ranked them doesn't mean I like any of them less because I love all these books and it took me quite a while to choose how to rank them. I really love the Sil and how it delves so much into the history of Middle-earth and all that but, I decided to put it 4th probly because of it's complexiness(is that a word lol :confused:) and I completely adore The Hobbit but I guess it came last due to it's pointing to a younger age group (not that that makes it bad...). Above all I love LOTR and it took me awhile to rank the three books and I guess i picked FOTR first because I love pretty much every chapter esp. the first few when it's just the four hobbits having their own hobbit adventures before the focuse turns back to the ring. Now choosing between TTT and ROTK was tough but I chose TTT last mainly because Frodo gets stabbed by Shelob and Sam thinks he's dead and... well I really just despise that part but other than that the books really good. And I also I just love ROTK and I guess choosing between that and TTT it all bubbled down to the part I hated most of all three books and that happened to be in TTT. Maybe the shelob scene is y people like TTT the least..... O well that's my ranking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2006, 9:07 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Movie-wise I would rank TTT first, FotR second and RotK third. Though RotK is still brilliant, the last scenes should have been shorter especially the part about Sam and Rosie. Apart from that I never liked the chapter of Shelob´s Lair too much. I love TTT because the Ents get introduced
and also because of Eowyn. It´s a good mixture of battles, the discovering new creatures and getting to know the men of Rohan.
Book-wise I´m in favour of FotR because of the same reason I don´t like the RotK movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 31st, 2006, 4:49 pm 

Are you talking of the movies or books now? Or both? lol. I still love both versions. TTT is actually my favourite movie out of the tree. But seriously it's hard to say it couse the two others are like heaven itself too! lol. But I think each of the movie are quite different from each other. What I love with FOTR is that it's the most "fairy tale" or "fantasy" like of the three movies if you ask me. TTT is just special for some reasons. I just love the whole Rohan parts and stuff! ROTK is the BIG and heartbreaking one and the end *sob* Anyway dunno if TTT is my favourite book of the three though couse all of them is awsome! <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 31st, 2006, 4:51 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Yeah hmmm .. maybe this thread should have been called the "best" out of the three?

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next