Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fan Clubs
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 11:11 pm 
Elf
Elf

I don't know if this might sound a little rude or not fair, but I was thinking, should there be a limit to how many fan clubs people can create? I mean a lot of fan clubs are great, but I'm just wondering? Maybe like I don't know creating only 5 clubs or maybe more?

Another thing is, should there be sections? Like creating Movie Clubs, Actor Clubs, Misc. Clubs, ect.

Capt. Jack: Shoot him and cut out his tongue! Then shoot his tongue!..and trim that scraggly beard.

yAAAy! The <a href="http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2007/tc20071218_443372.htm">Hobbit movie</a> is back on!!! Movie buffs get excited!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2005, 8:11 am 
Ent
Ent

Thats a good idea! The amount of clubs seemed to jump up rather rapidly in the past week! And thats only the ones I'm a member of!

I only have the one club "The Official A-U LotR fanclub" and I don't think I could do anymore, too much time!

It's a lovely idea though!

*EDIT* Oh yeah, and the joint club I have with Melian, The Orlando Bloom fanclub ;) How could I forget that?!

^ Thankyou so much everyone!

Last edited by Alessae on June 25th, 2005, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2005, 1:53 pm 
Elf
Elf

Yeah, it might be a little unfair for other ppl who want to make clubs of their own, and another person is making like 10. I'm not blaming anyone.

It would give other people a chance to choose. I think that sections is gonna be overcrowded soon.

Capt. Jack: Shoot him and cut out his tongue! Then shoot his tongue!..and trim that scraggly beard.

yAAAy! The <a href="http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2007/tc20071218_443372.htm">Hobbit movie</a> is back on!!! Movie buffs get excited!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2005, 10:52 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I do not necessarily think there should be a limit for opening clubs. I have three and I love them all :)
But I think there should be a sticky thread like on the old forum where all the clubs were listed and you could click on the Club's name to find the club....because with that many clubs it gets difficult ;)

My Site - Alba Illuminata

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2005, 10:40 pm 

I think we should start doing that soon then, Myra. :) I'm sure that'll help us all so that we don't have to spend our time searching previous threads to get to one club to check if anyone's answered anything...

Actually, what I think we should do is actually to make sure that there are 5 different clubs for one subject...for example I noticed that there were atleast 3 different thread clubs for Star Wars.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2005, 9:52 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Well, I have noticed that there are many clubs, and it's a bit disorganized. I do think that organizing it would be a good idea, especially since there are clubs for more than one topic and so it gets confusing. But as for limiting a person to only 5 clubs, I think that there could be better ways to control the club boom without restricting people. Like maybe a rule can be enfoced that you can't create a new club on a topic that has it's own club already. That should help somewhat. :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2005, 1:53 pm 

Location: West of the Moon, East of the Sun, and Several Miles from Anywhere

I think having different sections is a great idea. It probably would help a lot with the clutter. Limiting how many clubs one person can make, and making sure there aren't 12 defferent clubs for the same thing would also help. A directory would be nice too :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2005, 6:00 am 
Istari
Istari

I think it's a cool idea! I only have one club - the Good Charlotte Fan Club - and atm I don't plan on making anymore, but I think only having 5 is a great way of organizing! Oooh that reminds me I need to add that to my sig! *bounces off*

Profile       WWW