Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 1:06 am 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

No, it would be wonderful if you could judge. :D

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 3:20 am 
Balrog
Balrog

smeagollum wrote:
I find colorizations more difficult, personally. I guess it is the extent you go, though.

Hmm, they may take a long time, but they don't require as much creativity and thought as a blend, in my opinion. Anyway, it's up to you :D

Thanks for signing me up!

We've been forever
yet we've only just begun.

We have come full circle.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 4:35 am 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

Based on the fact that this whole contest-like-event is about who is the fastest.. I think it would be only fair to give them more points, because they need to be distributed for time-wise-ness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 10:20 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I'm joining. :D

But I am so slow a dead slug would be quicker than me. :P

Oh, and would it be possible to include bookmarks? The size is normally not too far off a banner so maybe it could be bookmarks/banners?

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 12:45 pm 
Graphic Illusionist '08
Graphic Illusionist '08

Smeag - The cookoff is about speed, but also quality. We've already proved that really pretty, neat blends can be made in a short amount of time with our collaboration battles, but just the same someone can toss something together in five minutes and not have it look like they put in any effort at all.

JF - A dead slug? :P You overestimate the speed of zombies. I'm sure zombie slugs are quick, but you're quicker. :teehee:

And I think bookmarks are a good idea. Haven't made any in a long time so I kinda forgot them when we made up lists. :blush:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 12:52 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Lol, thank you. [BTW, thanks for the PM, when I've cleared my PM box a bit, I'll be able to reply to you :-)]

Yeah, that's kinda worrying me a bit. Because wallpapers get high points for this right? And I love making wallpapers, but my style is not one that looks like I spent hours on them (I make the wallpapers to be used, and therefore I try not to add too many texts/brushes etc, because frankly on a desktop you don't always see them especially if you place them wrong). So I don't know if I shouls make wallpapers, because everyone's going to think I can them out like that. *snaps fingers*
:confused:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 1:20 pm 
Graphic Illusionist '08
Graphic Illusionist '08

Don't worry about it, hon. :P

I'm the same way. My wallpapers are always very clean and organized and whatnot because half of them are for Tar's myspace and you can't read a thing if it's too busy and the other half I use myself and if I can't see my little desktop icons it's pointless.

Hm. I'll talk to Smeag about it when she gets home from work. Maybe with things you're not sure about you can include a WIP .gif or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 1:24 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

We should probably require a minimum amount of each graphic.... just to expand everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 1:30 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Aliana Fae wrote:
Don't worry about it, hon. :P

I'm the same way. My wallpapers are always very clean and organized and whatnot because half of them are for Tar's myspace and you can't read a thing if it's too busy and the other half I use myself and if I can't see my little desktop icons it's pointless.

Hm. I'll talk to Smeag about it when she gets home from work. Maybe with things you're not sure about you can include a WIP .gif or something?

:-)

Yeah, I know what you mean. All credit to people who can be really creative with wallpapers, but so many time you put it on your desktop and like "urgh, the best bit is missing".

Perhaps that might work. With me, the time I take is with altering the colours, so I don't know whether people would notice the subtle differences. :lol:

@ smeag - A minimun might work but I think with the higher point graphics you don't want to say to people "you need 6 of these and 9 of these" because some people might concentrate so much time on the bigger graphics, they don't have time to make anything else. :p

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 1:32 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

Yeah, just one of like.. a wallpaper.. and two bookmarks, etc. It would
just be nice to even the playing field out a little.

Hm... the last wallpaper I made was the hobbit one for Bal's contest. That took a good 45 minutes, finding pictures, blending, coloring, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 1:39 pm 
Graphic Illusionist '08
Graphic Illusionist '08

I think for each day we should have a daily challenge-type thing. Like on the seventh you have to make a blend this size, the next day you have to make five avatars with the same theme, the next day you have to make a wallpaper, etc. That way, everyone gets at least the points for the required thing each day.

I spend a lot of my time on coloring too, depending on the method. I'm completely OCD when it comes to colors and making things look right, so I'll spend an hour trying to perfect it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 1:45 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

I think I like the fact there would be something like try and make:

1 colourization
1 retouch
1 600x400 blend
5 avatars
3 banners

etc etc

But to be honest, for me personally I'd like to mainly feel like I have the freedom to do sort of what I want to do when it comes to themes and everything? Perhaps one day could be structured, but I think people might feel more comfortable if they know "right, I need to make at least 2 bookmarks, but hey, I can make them into whatever I want!".

Colouring is the more pleasant why to be obsessed. Text is evil.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 1:54 pm 
Graphic Illusionist '08
Graphic Illusionist '08

I've come to embrace text. If it doesn't work, the graphic goes without it generally speaking. And why are you complaining? Your text is always perfect. :P

What I meant by themed is like...all together. Like we don't give them a theme, they chose it themselves, but they all go together. Like this:

They don't have to put them on a canvas like I did, just saves my copy/pasting time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 1:54 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

I was figuring the min. requirements and contests would be different. Like, you don't have to enter the contests, but you do have to make the min. required.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 1:59 pm 
Graphic Illusionist '08
Graphic Illusionist '08

Hm, I suppose yeah. But then would we have the challenges themed? Or do like what I'm doing at the end of the summer with my contest?

I think being required to make at least one of each graphic during the week would be cool, so people need to work on something besides their strengths. Though I think we should have a choice between colorization and retouch. They're not really the same, but about on the same level depending on how you do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2008, 9:44 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

I saw do it like you will at the end of the summer.

1. To give a taste for the end of the summer.
2. To go off from the normally "themed" contests.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next