Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2008, 7:51 pm 
Vala
Vala

Honestly, I don't think we'd need descriptions. :blink: And maybe like you guys said, to avoid cluttering, we could have one main thread with the said list of our names and another list of the awards. Sounds pretty good, I'd say. I can try to contact a mod through Facebook soon and tell her of everything. :yes:

I'd love to have Aliana make the awards. :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2008, 8:09 pm 
Graphic Illusionist '08
Graphic Illusionist '08

Reading back, I'm a bit confused. Are we making the graphic awards for the winners beforehand? After nominations/voting/etc. is done with? I can do either way, but I don't want to put it off for too long if I need to get them to you guys sooner rather than later. :teehee:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2008, 8:28 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

If you want you can make the awards before hand without the names, I suppose... but some awards might have a special touch to them depending on who the winner is...

I am not sure ><

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2008, 8:32 pm 
Graphic Illusionist '08
Graphic Illusionist '08

I'll probably make them [somewhat] uniform in style if it's decided I'll do them, so I might just do like a base or something when I have the chance and then add in whatever needs to be added. Looks like I'll have a good bit of time, but I am a master in procrastination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2008, 9:46 pm 
Istari
Istari

Eä wrote:
Nominations deadline.. what say you? Three weeks, is that sufficient without being too much? Sept. 21 perhaps?

Small request... If that is what you guys are planning on doing re the deadline, would it be at all possible to extend it one day? Just because I'm gone until late on the 20th... and yeah... It's not a big deal, and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work... but I saw no harm in asking. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2008, 9:59 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I don't think that a day will do any harm... I am sure we can push it back one day :hug:

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2008, 4:56 am 

Alright, all you American posters.. good to see you back, but now Europe is awake again so I'll just say.. ehh.. I agree with everything. :-)
I also like sorta the symbolism in having the Graphic Illusionist making the awards, what an honour! :-)

Sorry, I forgot you being away Thain-y. Of course we can say Sept. 22 if that works for you. You know we're all running this show! It might take us a couple of days to organize the voting threads anyway and we also need a mod to post if we should have the voting in the Voting sections.
Ara, could you ask the mod if she has time to be around the 22nd to put up the voting threads. Not that we necessarily need to put it in the Voting section, I just think it would be nice if a mod posted it there, so it would feel more like something for the whole forum and not just for a certain clique of members.

Okay, so if we get the final details settled we could post the nomination thread soon. Would be nice if we could have it up during the weekend. And then people can start advertise in their sigs or make banners if they want. :-)

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2008, 9:05 am 
Vala
Vala

Eä wrote:
Ara, could you ask the mod if she has time to be around the 22nd to put up the voting threads. Not that we necessarily need to put it in the Voting section, I just think it would be nice if a mod posted it there, so it would feel more like something for the whole forum and not just for a certain clique of members.

Okay, so if we get the final details settled we could post the nomination thread soon. Would be nice if we could have it up during the weekend. And then people can start advertise in their sigs or make banners if they want. :-)

I just messaged Sida. Hopefully I shall get a reply by the weekend. :)

*EDIT - I got teh reply about an hour later. xD

Quote:
Thanks for your message! :D I didn't realize so much has happened in the Voting thread! I vaguely knew that the members were planning for the Awards on A-U, but, yeah, I didn't realize so much has happened. Well, right now, I'm really busy with school, so I don't know if I have time to post all the threads, HOWEVER, I'll post a thread in teh Moddie Forum Section thing and see if anyone else will be able to, If I don't get a reply (which could happen, it's been pretty dead) I'll post the threads. Mmmkay?

Anyway, I'm always here for help or assistance, so, if you ever need anything xD

Mhm, so that's it. :teehee:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2008, 12:41 pm 
Istari
Istari

:hug: Thanks, guys. That's really great of you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2008, 4:11 pm 

Okay, perfect, thanks Ara. :-)

So the list of people who are willing to take nomination PMs are: Ara, Rin, Pandy, Thain-y and Eä? Anyone I forgot?
Who wants to post the thread with the names and the categories? Anyone wants to do it and spice up the post/thread a little? I'm still the non-creative person who hasn't figured out how to do colour text yet.. almost! :P
But I'll do it if no one else volunteers. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2008, 4:27 pm 
Vala
Vala

:lol: Eä. Well, I guess I can post the thread. In the Misc. Randomness Section you guys said? Or should it be in the Members Awards section? :erm:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2008, 5:03 pm 
Graphic Illusionist '08
Graphic Illusionist '08

I think more people will see it if it's in the Misc. Randomness section, really. Not a lot of members[especially newer ones] think to check the MA section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2008, 5:16 pm 

Hmm.. yeah, good question? I didn't even know we had a whole sub-board for just Member Awards... or, well, I had seen it before, I just never notice it anymore :teehee: so Ali is probably right, we should post somewhere else. You could put it in Misc. randomness and then we can have a mod moving it if we figure out it was better have it another place. I think for now it would be good just to have it up and then start spreading the news so people can start thinking about and sending in nominations.

Here's the last nomination thread for round 7: http://arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16739
Since we haven't got a mod to make it 'un-replyable' with her shiny mod powers, then we need to mention that people must PM nomination and don't post them in the thread. ;-)

What say you guys? :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2008, 6:21 pm 
Vala
Vala

Hmm, ok gotcha! I shall put it up now. The sooner the better says I. xD

*EDIT

Link to thread - http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/vie ... 758#996758

How's that?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2008, 10:58 pm 
Graphic Illusionist '08
Graphic Illusionist '08

Looks great, Aranel! Exciting that we've got the ball rolling on everything again. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 30th, 2008, 2:59 am 

Soo pretty... thanks Ara! Now all we can do is wait. :-)

Perhaps we should throw it out to the mods to do a bit of a clean up in the sticky threads in Misc Randomness (the WETA threads) and get the Nomination thread stickied too.... it's already at the bottom because it's a non-postable thread. :-(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next