Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 12:10 pm 

Ea, you bring up a very important point. We need to stop dwelling on the past activity of the forum and move ahead. People change, things happen, people move on, but, we're here and that's what is important right now. Let's enjoy the company we do have now. One can never go back, only forward.....It's up to us for the forum to be active.I have to admit, I wasn't active these last couple of months, granted school was dominating it, however, I did lurk quite a bit. Maybe we should draw out the lurkers....However, people sometimes come back on their own, if they have time or would like to be a part of something.

JF also brings up another great point, people like to join things that are active. True! When forums start "dying" or start becoming inactive with few active members, I generally leave or just forget about it because no one else is putting in the effort to be active. So, it's up to us to keep posting and continue being active, eventually people will come......As for the site, Arweb will be very busy this semester, so I don't think the updating will come sooon.

So, I guess, in conclusion, let's all be active posters together and keep A-U aliveeeeee! For A-U! For Frodo's eyes! Errrrr......

Ea: Yay! I am back (well, mostly) from Morocco! Everyone keeps calling it exotic...I just call it.....awesomenessssss.....errr not so exotic......

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 12:29 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

That is very true what you say, it it up to us to keep the forum active.

And while I realise Arwen is busy, The Hobbit will be getting more and more attention as this year goes by and before you know it, there will be other sites popping up. And it won't be long before they will take visitors to the site and the forum away. :-( The Hobbit is a really good chance to get new blood around here and the site so.... I personally would take away from the main page the dates of the last updates.... because from a personal point of view, if I see something that hasn't been updated in a while, I usually don't bother with it.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 3:42 am 

I'm doing all that I can, which lately is just making sure the forum and everyone is happy and reporting to Arweb any mishaps that occur, because really without us to give her a heads up, it'll never get solved! lol The poor girl's extremely busy!

I didn't realize how much the forum has died off and it makes me extremely sad to see it like this because who can forget the times when it prospered so much?

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 4:09 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I just feel that it's kinda sad that we have to rely on The Hobbit to draw people back... but I guess in a way it's the truth. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2010, 11:59 am 

Not necessarily. There are a ton of empty posts in the discussion areas just waiting for people to go in and start talking about things. You don't have to be conforming to a specific subject or answering a specific question, you just have to talk. Talking brings more talking. That's what we're seeing here in this thread. If we can have three pages of people discussing how the forum is dying, why can't we have three pages of people discussing how funny it was when Lobelia Sacksville-Baggins whacked people with her cane? :D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2010, 4:39 pm 

If Arwen gets back involved, I'm pretty sure it'd be after school's out.

Profile       WWW